1. Royal Caribbean International

Royal Caribbean International features 25 ocean liners. Each ship is full of numerous amenities and activities for guests to enjoy while sailing the open seas. Thrill-seekers will enjoying cruising the newer ships known as Allure of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, and Quantum of the Seas. These ocean liners feature zip lines, zero- gravity machines, and bumper cars. Other ships showcase rock climbing, ice rinks, and wave pools. Royal Caribbean International offers 15 destinations worldwide.

The Good

• Classes and entertainment
  • Great amenities
  • Worldwide cruises to 15 locations

Classes and Entertainment

For those interested in educational pursuits, there are plenty of enrichment classes to choose from. You can learn a foreign language, become a wine connoisseur, or create your own jewelry. Young kids will love the DreamWorks Experience, where they can mingle with well-known characters from Shrek and Madagascar. You can also watch your favorite films poolside.

Great Amenities

Cruise rates cover all meals served in the main dining room. Guests may select from one of two set dining times or reserve a table in advance. Guests will find numerous food choices, from doughnuts to pizza to Asian cuisine. There are standard amenities found on all Royal Caribbean ships, but there are also some unique features that vary based on what cruise is booked. These typical amenities include:

• DreamWorks Experience
  • Ice Skating
  • Mini Golf
  • and More

Dining Options

Specialty restaurants feature more upscale choices such as steak and Italian cuisine. Additional fees may apply and you will need to schedule a reservation in advance if you want to eat in one of the specialty restaurants. Some cruises also feature Mystery Theater Dinners. Beverages are not included in the price of meals. Beverage packages are available for purchase.

Destinations

Where the Royal Caribbean cruise ships travel to is also another key selling point of their vacation package. While destinations may vary year to year depending on weather restrictions and other regulations, there are common destinations Royal Caribbean typically cruises to. These cruises last anywhere from three to nineteen days and are offered year round. Destinations on these excursions include:

• Caribbean
  • Panama Canal
  • South America
  • South Pacific
  • and the Transatlantic

You will also need to adhere to three separate dress codes while onboard the ship. Polo shirts, slacks, and sundresses are appropriate choices for casual wear. On casual evenings, a jacket and tie is required for men and dresses or pantsuits are acceptable for women to wear. On formal evenings, tuxedos and evening gowns are required attire.

Security

Royal Caribbean International has closed-circuit television cameras located in hundreds of strategic, public locations throughout the ship but not in private staterooms, public restrooms, or private spa areas. These systems are upgraded as new and beneficial technologies are developed. Recordings from these cameras are routinely utilized by our security teams and made available to investigative authorities as requested.

The Bad

• Protection program
  • Extra fees and charges

Protection Program

Despite that there are no major service fees. Royal Caribbean does charge extra for luggage valet, full service laundry, and internet service. The Vacation Protection package offered by Royal Caribbean is also not as comprehensive as other cruise lines. The protection package includes:

• CruiseCare Cancellation Penalty Waiver Program
  • CruiseCare Travel Insurance Program
  • Trip delays provides coverage up to $500 per person
  • Accident and Sickness Medical expenses provides coverage up to $10,000 per person
  • Emergency Medical Evacuations and Repatriations provides coverage up to $25,000 per person
  • Lost, stolen or damaged baggage provides coverage up to $1,500
  • Bag delays provides coverage up to $500
  • CruiseCare Worldwide Emergency Assistance Program*

Extra Fees and Charges

Some alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages may also incur extra charges on your cruise bill. Beverage packages are available to purchase in your options. Ships can feel crowded and cramped, especially around holiday vacations. Not all amenities are covered. Also, transfers are available for pre-purchase from the arrival airport to the pier on day of sailing and from the pier to the departure airport on debarkation day only.

The Bottom Line

Royal Caribbean International Cruises have entertainment and amenity options that guests of all ages will enjoy. The destination cruises are affordable for families and those on a budget or seeking a deal on their next vacation package. Older adults will also enjoy their travels on these cruises as well.

Activities that are both relaxing and energetic provide fun and excitement for both children and adults. The only downside to cruises offered by Royal Caribbean International is the extra charges for offshore activities and some of the onboard amenities.

Overall, Royal Caribbean is a recommended cruise line for customers enjoyment.

Barb

August 12th, 2015 Kent, OH

RoI have always done Princess cruises and one time I did Royal. I was very disappointed because all the Princess ships are gorgeous and the one Royal I went on was very old and really needed updating. The casino still used the "tickets" when you cashed out! Turns out after my cruise on Royal, the ship was going in for a total rehab. Went back to Princess and probably won't do another Royal because of that. They shouldn't have such old ships out there. They should take these ships out of commission before they get that outdated!

Steven Hite

August 12th, 2015 Great Falls, MT

Our 7 plus cruises on Royal have all been excellent! We ARE Loyal to Royal!

Kevin Farrey

August 11th, 2015 Miami, FL

been on three different cruise lines. Royal is by far the best. will only cruise on Royal from here on out!!

Mildred Swaby

August 11th, 2015 Orlando, FL

I give Royal Caribbean a 10. Never been disappointed when I sail with Royal Caribbean. I always have a fantastic time. Entertainment galore. Relaxation to the max. Fabulous meals. Royal Caribbean, you are the best!

Vivian G. Keller

August 11th, 2015 Eaton, NY

I had a wonderful safe New Zealand cruise.

Linda Brock

August 9th, 2015 Santa Maria, CA

Awesome from beginning to end. Can't wait to cruise again.

Cyndi

August 9th, 2015 Seattle, WA

I took my first cruise 6 years ago, to Alaska. It was so much fun. The crew was always bent over backwards to do whatever they could for me. They truly treated me like royalty. There were so many things to do on the ship. I chose to do only those that didn't cost extra and I never did get to them all. The food was great, the excursions fun, and Karoke, on our last night, I will never forget.

Karen Hophan

August 9th, 2015 Portland, OR

We have cruised with Royal Caribbean several times and have never been disappointed in the our experiences. We have cruised with a couple of their competitors and have been disappointed. We always come back to Royal Caribbean because they definitely ensure we will have an enjoyable cruise.

larry sheppard

August 8th, 2015 Lakeland, FL

went on the Allure of the seas.. had a great time ..very pleased with everything about the ship and the cruise.......excellent food and dining areas....they wait on you hand and foot..........excellent on island excursions. would recommend highly........

shaw and virginia jared

August 8th, 2015 Hillsboro, TN

We have gone on 13 Royal Caribbean cruises, trans Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico and have loved every one of them. We have been with children and gandchildren, which was so much fun. We have usually been alone. R C always seats us a a table with other English speaking couples, from all around the world. We always load up our Kindles with new books to enjoy by the pool, The shows are pretty good, there are usually a couple of good movies which we haven't seen, bar trivia is fun, and there are interesting talks. In other words, lots of things to do. Next May, we are sailing from The Arab Emirates to Singapore, Can't wait.

david

August 7th, 2015 New Port Richey, FL

Chopped up ship, virus outbreak and swim up drug dealers on the shore excursions. Yeah was not the best cruise we have been on and the staff were not the friendliest people to say the least. I think we will stick with our other cruise line.

DARFRENTE T NIBUNGCO

August 7th, 2015 Lady Lake, FL

My family & I went on a caribbean cruise on RCL's Oasis of the Seas fr 5/2-5/8/15 & we enjoyed it except for 2 unfortunate incidents when we were charged automatically for the photos we purchased as a package that we already prepaid even on the 3rd day of the cruise that caused me to fall in line at the photo studio wasting unnecessary time to get my refundon the 2nd to the last day & when I received the johnny walker I purchased was missing the bottles i purchased had to call & wasted my time again to send my purchased bottles into our room the day before disembarkation! i never got a comment/critique request till I saw this on FB!

Norman Wnuk

August 6th, 2015 New Britain, CT

I have been on Royal Caribbean twice. Once with my wife from Puerto Rico for a eastern Caribbean cruise, and a second time thru the Panama Canal. I cannot find any negative things to say about Royal. The accommodations are superior, the food is world class and the staff are the best. you cannot have a bad experience on Royal Caribbean.

Vivian Bishop

August 6th, 2015 Camp Verde, AZ

Spent 7 glorious days on the Freedom of the Seas in 2013. The staff was the best. I never felt so spoiled in my entire life. Everything was just perfect and I can't wait to do another cruise. My companion set it all up and we had a blast.

Jbono

August 5th, 2015 Liverpool, NY

Lost money due to cancelled flight. Could not get a refund from Rci under no circumstances. If you arrive onboard at 3:01 pm you are out of luck.we are two seniors that will not be cruising for a long time.

Alla Trestin

August 5th, 2015 Staten Island, NY

best cruise line. never a problem . Traveled with most cruise lines and non of them beat Royal. My kids love them too .they have the best kids club, and so many things to do. Great shows And food. Wonderful service.Going on our 7th cruise with them in august, cant wait.

adrian barnes

August 5th, 2015 Sarasota, FL

beautiful ship poor service we could never get a server on pool deck

Ron&CarolBeeman

August 5th, 2015 Modesto, CA

the best

Gary Servedio

August 5th, 2015 Philadelphia, PA

We have been on Royal ships 7 times and have never had a bad experience. Some were better than others but none bad. The only bad experience was on an excursion with traffic. It was not Royals fault, the can't can't control the traffic in a city, but they did take care of us when we got back on board.

CR Tash

August 4th, 2015 Washington, DC

We took our first cruise for our Honeymoon on Freedom of the Seas and it was all that we hoped for and more. We have already booked a cruise for 2016 also on Freedom and are taking family and friends. We have 6 staterooms booked already. The ship was incredible and the staff were amazing. As soon as the 2017 bookings open up we will be signing up for our 2017 cruise. Absolutely love Royal Caribbean.

Joe Wright

August 4th, 2015 Philadelphia, PA

Cruised 10 times on Royal., once with Carnival. Carnival was our first. We had fun on that cruise it was our 25th anniversary. We are now coming up on our 50th. We along with a group of our immediate family and friends plan to book a cruise for that milestone. I would only book it on Royal. I know a lot of other people who have been on Royal and have sailed on the others, i.e. Princess, Norwegian, HAL, etc. and they all came back to RCCI. Haven't heard much good about Cunard lately, service is not what it used to be and quality is not up to snuff either. I believe they are over rated for the prices they charge, so they're out of the equation for us. We find Royal to be consistent and reasonably priced. Not happy with the new dining venues on their newest ships like the Quantum, so I'll stick with ships that have the traditional dining, early and late seating, same tables and waiters etc. If they go to the new venues on all their ships then I'll go elsewhere. That is a game changer for us. Don't like having to call for reservations and end up sitting with strangers all the time. Once you meet people at a table you either hit it off or you don't. If you don't you can ask to be seated at another table the next night. Never had to do that though. Always met nice people the first night and made friends that we usually still keep in touch with. Love sea days. So does the wife. Royal caters to all ages too, not just the old folks like Cunard and not just to the young folks like Carnival. It's just the right mix of young and old.

John Lennon

August 4th, 2015 Perryville, MD

We / I have cruised with RCCL 9 times an adding other cruise lines 17 cruises ! which may seem like a lot . however it's not ~ lol ~ We have met people with over a few 100 cruises more . RCCL is a business an they are good at what they do . We have had some great experiences as well as some not so great ones that we will never forget . We are Loyal to Royal now , , as are other's that Love to Cruise . { We are Diamond status as of now which comes with perks } the more loyal ,the more points you build up ! For some they got a bad seed , which then grew into more bad things ! However the same can be said . I met a Young Lady Roxanna who makes the Best Mojitos We / I have ever had ! The most recent past cruise on the Jewel of the Sea ~ The Concierge Diego is a crew member we will never forget . Well mannered / very helpful with little detail's that just made the cruise that much more memorable Also we have made some Great Friends along the way .. As well as some Great Staff along the way . So with that being said , If your a first time cruiser an you fall in love with it , you'll want to retire on a cruise ship ! If not so good a experience , you will be hard pressed to book another . Have A Nice Day ~ J.L.

donald french

August 3rd, 2015 Elmira, NY

are first cruise we took was janurary this year, we went on explorer of the seas loved the ship.The ports we visited were Cozumel mexico the excursion we did was the myay ruins great tour i recommend it . Te second port we hit was Freeport Harbour Grand Bahama beaches we went to are great. The staff on board would go out of there way to help you out. So now we decided to do are second cruise in may 2016 on the allure of the seas hitting ports Labadee Haiti, Falmouth Jamaica, and Cozumel Mexico cant wait

Suzanne

August 3rd, 2015 Toledo, OH

Royal from the time we got to your bus transport to the end of our cruise it was HORRorible. Your rep at the airport was neglectful when ask for help to push wheel chair to bus which she told my husband to push himself. (I told her I was unable ) so he had to roll himself all the way to the bus where the wheel of the chair got caught in a grate and tipped him over. She stood there(next to him holding a phone) and didn't call for help Everyone getting on the bus saw what was happening.The bus driver had to help him up.He was hurt.He was able to walk short distance but was in pain.When we ask for a chair during the fire drill we were sent back and forth from one station to another and refused to be let in the auditorion to set .HE passed out and end up in the ER room. We had to cancel all our excursions..He spent most of his time in room . We where told that the $500 ER bill would be taken off but it was on our bill and we where sent down to ER to get it of while we where leaving the ship. I knock several times and called for assistance there on the phone and no one would answer till I pounded on the door and told the nurse there what we needed done. She told use to sit across from her desk and wait for DR to take it off. While we waited 20-30 minutes all she did was pick up the phone when it rang and push a button and hang up. Never talked to anyone. Now I know when I called I was put on hold like every other call that came in.She didn't talk to know one. YES it was a bad cruise which my husband was treated for 2 months after the accident for kidney and back pain from both falls.That was the second time we tried Royal and extremely disappointed. NO ROYAL TREATMENT ON THAT cruise.I did send in the required paper work reguarding the accident but never heard from you all again So I guess thats your ROYAL treatment And whats with NO coffee station after 9 PM.You afraid someone might steal the coffee pots??? and had a hard time finding something to eat other then room service.after 9

Larry Nay Tuttle

August 2nd, 2015 Port Orange, FL

it was terible they all most killed me someone but something in my dinner and they kicked me off the ship and said go home

Kathy

August 2nd, 2015 Lebanon, PA

We went on the Allure Of The Sea in March. We been on 4 other cruises RC and have enjoyed all of the cruises we've taken. Are cruise on AOTS was by far my favorite. There are so many different areas in this ship and we enjoyed all of them. We had a balcony room on the 8th floor which is the Central Park floor. We loved that floor. We did my time dining and we think that works great for us. I love planning when we want to eat. We had the same table area and the same waiters and bar waiter every night. They did an amazing job. All of the food was very good in the main dining room. We also ate in Isumi one night. If you like sushi it was very good. All of the shows were outstanding. Loved the premium package. Everything was paid before we went which was nice not having to worry how much you might be spending during the cruise. We only had a small balance for pictures we bought during the cruise. Love the pool area, we never had a problem finding chairs. The Aqua Show was great. There are many thing for families with children. But all the kids never bothered us. I would highly recommend this ship. I can't wait to do another cruise on this ship or Oasis Of The Sea. You will not be disappointed.

Betty & Roger Smith

August 2nd, 2015 Odenville, AL

We have cruised with RCCL at least 7 times and 1 time with another line. Roger & I only cruise with Royal Caribbean now. We have a cruise in September, 2015 and believe me - we are excited about it. The food is awesome and the staff on all of our cruises have been wonderful. We took our 2 Grandsons on a 7 night cruise last July (2014) and both of them had a blast. They keep asking when we are going on another cruise with them.

Ray Hum

August 1st, 2015 Temecula, CA

My wife and I have been on many Royal Caribbean cruises and have enjoyed all of them. The only thing that we don't like is the Internet charges for slow speeds. The ships have all been very nice and we prefer the smaller ships in the 1800 to 2200 range. The big ships are beautiful but they are very crowded on sea days. We have always met great people on our Royal cruises. Food has been good to very good, service has been very good to excellent. Entertainment has varied but most has been good.

Janice

August 1st, 2015 Palmer, AK

We love Royal Caribbean Cruise Line !!! This is the only cruise line we will travel on. Have tried a couple of other cruise lines in the past but stay with this one !

Michael Novak

August 1st, 2015 Mentor, OH

20 plus cruises. service is great.crew always is upbeat and friendly, going out of their way to please. Ships are clean and well maintained,

Ann Kahn

July 31st, 2015 Islip, NY

We went on AOS for 7 days to southern Caribbean a few weeks ago. It was my husbands first cruise. We had the best time. The food was awesome. All the staff were great and friendly. The room was spacious and the view was out of this world in all the ports we sailed to. I cant wait to plan my next one! RCCL is my favorite cruiseline!

Ellen Zulka

July 30th, 2015 Pompano Beach, FL

I could not have had a better time for my 75th birthday than the cruise my 3 daughters planned for me on Royal Caribbean this January. We had a ball and everything was perfectly planned from soup to nuts and from Belize to Cuzumel. Cudos to you all

Kim Carter

July 30th, 2015 Battle Creek, MI

Sailed with RCCL 3 times and loved every minute! Great service, great crew! Can't imagine sailing with any other cruise line!!

Floyd Cochran

July 30th, 2015 Harrisburg, PA

We will be taking our third cruise this Oct. on RC. Our other two were eastern and western Caribbean on the Jewel and the Freedom. We could not believe the service, food, drinks, and quality of the ships. This time we are doing a southern on the Jewel. As far as we are concerned there will be no other cruise line considered. There are three things I would recommend for the first timers. One is to get the insurance. Two weeks before our first I had a heart attack and had to cancel. We got every penny back except the cost of the insurance. Two book the Choice Air. It will make your life easy. Three buy the drink package. Which ever one you want but buy it. On our first cruise I heard a mans bar tab for the week. It was over half the cost of our cruise. I can not say enough about this cruise line. They are fantastic and we had a fantastic time on the ship and off the ship even just tubing down a river was fantastic. And get ready for the rum punch it is great

donald french

July 30th, 2015 Elmira, NY

we took are vary first cruise on explorer of the seas for 5 days hitting cozumel mexico and freeport harbour grand bahama island. now have booked are 2nd cruse in may of 2016 for 7 days

Kathy Bedford

July 30th, 2015 Higginsville, MO

We have done 5-6 with RC. NEVER going with any of the others (we tried 2 others) when we have found the best. I am so ready to book another cruise to the Caribbean.

Karen Downs

July 29th, 2015

I am loyal to Royal. Every cruise I have been on has been great. Food was good, entertainment great. Port excursions were enjoyable. Always something to do on board if you didn't want to get off. Dining room staff was fantastic and met every need we had from food allergies to a picky eater. Cabin was spacious, attendant was wonderful, very caring when one passenger was seasick. I wouldn't cruise with anyone else.

Neus Parcé

July 29th, 2015

Staff was very kind, the excursions were very interesting and all was excellent!

Jennifer Hall

July 29th, 2015 Salem, OR

We took our first cruise in April to the Western Caribbean and had the best time! There is something to do for everyone at every minute of every day! The food is amazing as are the drinks! Best vacation ever!

David Butera

July 29th, 2015 Royersford, PA

Have only traveled on RCCL. Last month was our eighth cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. Although most aspects of the cruise were great, our family clearly noticed a degradation of the attention to detail that we came to know and love. I anticipate that part of the problem was the size of the ship as dinner service was clearly compromised. Cabin steward had too many rooms so the staple animal figures out of towels didn't happen. Food was warm to cold each night. Entertainment of the ship was very good, and the ship itself was a marvel. Pools were more crowded than any of the other seven ships we had traveled. Could not get near Guest Services any time of day until the third day on the ship. Always a great time with family, and being on vacation is always great. Don't think we will travel the big ships again anytime soon.

Robert C. Amancio

July 28th, 2015 New Bedford, MA

Awesome time all day & night. You never starve on the Cruise ships. Great entertainment every day. LOVE IT ALL.

Diana Smith Tichy

July 27th, 2015 Cleveland, OH

Had trouble with my card being double billed for on ship charges . Took 2 weeks to clean up the mess.Put a damper on a great cruise !!

Fred

July 27th, 2015 Scranton, PA

Royal Caribbean is....OK. Not great, not terrible. Be careful what cruise you book. We've booked 6 cruises that were supposed to stop at cococay, their private island. 4 out of the 6 cruises did NOT stop there because they said the water was too choppy to stop. Food is basically college cafeteria food

Barbara Payne

July 27th, 2015 Springfield, MO

Royal Caribbean is the BEST !!! Sailed with them approx. 11 times. You can be as busy as you want or just relax and do nothing. Never a bad experience.

Kathy Loflin

July 27th, 2015 Houston, TX

I have been on 6 cruises and have enjoyed all of them. Ready to go again! Love that I can unwind and relax for a time. Great food and very good entertainment!

Joanne DeStasio McNamara

July 25th, 2015 Allentown, PA

We've been on RC about six times and always enjoyed it. Much more fun than other cruise lines, staff is the friendliest on the seas and help to make a great time. Food and entertainment always top notch. It is definitely our preferred cruise line.

We Cruise

July 25th, 2015 Kissimmee, FL

Royal Caribbean is the absolute best in the business. They have the best in entertainment. they have the most activities, the WOW factor, THE BEST Ships, fabulous crew members, and the most for the money. The one flaw is I think the prices are getting to high for me to take multiple trips a year. Once a year is just not enough!

Judi Youngblut

July 25th, 2015 Bullhead City, AZ

I sailed on Aug. 18, 2014 on a 10 day cruise. I had the time of my life and cannot even think of a single thing I would change. The crew was the best thing about the cruise. Friendly and wiling to help with anything. Food was very good and entertainment was great.

Merry Krieg

July 25th, 2015 Palo, IA

For the most part, the cruise we were on was very good, although it would have been nice to be in St Thomas & St Maarten longer. The biggest disappointment we had was ordering a romance package for the 1st night at sea. It included roses, champagne, 2 robes & slippers, etc. Everything was in court cabin when we got there except the robes. We never received them, they even promised that they'd be sent to our home after our cruise. I had to call customer service a month later, and after a couple more weeks, they refunded the value of the robes. The only reason we ordered the package was to get the robes to remember the cruise. We ordered the package a good month in advance of the sailing date. It left a very disappointing end to our 2nd honeymoon!

Dennis

July 24th, 2015 Melbourne, FL

I sailed twice with RCI. They offer a fine cruise experience. Food, amenities,cabins, staff, and ships differ. However, overall, well,done!