1. Royal Caribbean International

Royal Caribbean International features 25 ocean liners. Each ship is full of numerous amenities and activities for guests to enjoy while sailing the open seas. Thrill-seekers will enjoying cruising the newer ships known as Allure of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, and Quantum of the Seas. These ocean liners feature zip lines, zero- gravity machines, and bumper cars. Other ships showcase rock climbing, ice rinks, and wave pools. Royal Caribbean International offers 15 destinations worldwide.

The Good

• Classes and entertainment
  • Great amenities
  • Worldwide cruises to 15 locations

Classes and Entertainment

For those interested in educational pursuits, there are plenty of enrichment classes to choose from. You can learn a foreign language, become a wine connoisseur, or create your own jewelry. Young kids will love the DreamWorks Experience, where they can mingle with well-known characters from Shrek and Madagascar. You can also watch your favorite films poolside.

Great Amenities

Cruise rates cover all meals served in the main dining room. Guests may select from one of two set dining times or reserve a table in advance. Guests will find numerous food choices, from doughnuts to pizza to Asian cuisine. There are standard amenities found on all Royal Caribbean ships, but there are also some unique features that vary based on what cruise is booked. These typical amenities include:

• DreamWorks Experience
  • Ice Skating
  • Mini Golf
  • and More

Dining Options

Specialty restaurants feature more upscale choices such as steak and Italian cuisine. Additional fees may apply and you will need to schedule a reservation in advance if you want to eat in one of the specialty restaurants. Some cruises also feature Mystery Theater Dinners. Beverages are not included in the price of meals. Beverage packages are available for purchase.

Destinations

Where the Royal Caribbean cruise ships travel to is also another key selling point of their vacation package. While destinations may vary year to year depending on weather restrictions and other regulations, there are common destinations Royal Caribbean typically cruises to. These cruises last anywhere from three to nineteen days and are offered year round. Destinations on these excursions include:

• Caribbean
  • Panama Canal
  • South America
  • South Pacific
  • and the Transatlantic

You will also need to adhere to three separate dress codes while onboard the ship. Polo shirts, slacks, and sundresses are appropriate choices for casual wear. On casual evenings, a jacket and tie is required for men and dresses or pantsuits are acceptable for women to wear. On formal evenings, tuxedos and evening gowns are required attire.

Security

Royal Caribbean International has closed-circuit television cameras located in hundreds of strategic, public locations throughout the ship but not in private staterooms, public restrooms, or private spa areas. These systems are upgraded as new and beneficial technologies are developed. Recordings from these cameras are routinely utilized by our security teams and made available to investigative authorities as requested.

The Bad

• Protection program
  • Extra fees and charges

Protection Program

Despite that there are no major service fees. Royal Caribbean does charge extra for luggage valet, full service laundry, and internet service. The Vacation Protection package offered by Royal Caribbean is also not as comprehensive as other cruise lines. The protection package includes:

• CruiseCare Cancellation Penalty Waiver Program
  • CruiseCare Travel Insurance Program
  • Trip delays provides coverage up to $500 per person
  • Accident and Sickness Medical expenses provides coverage up to $10,000 per person
  • Emergency Medical Evacuations and Repatriations provides coverage up to $25,000 per person
  • Lost, stolen or damaged baggage provides coverage up to $1,500
  • Bag delays provides coverage up to $500
  • CruiseCare Worldwide Emergency Assistance Program*

Extra Fees and Charges

Some alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages may also incur extra charges on your cruise bill. Beverage packages are available to purchase in your options. Ships can feel crowded and cramped, especially around holiday vacations. Not all amenities are covered. Also, transfers are available for pre-purchase from the arrival airport to the pier on day of sailing and from the pier to the departure airport on debarkation day only.

The Bottom Line

Royal Caribbean International Cruises have entertainment and amenity options that guests of all ages will enjoy. The destination cruises are affordable for families and those on a budget or seeking a deal on their next vacation package. Older adults will also enjoy their travels on these cruises as well.

Activities that are both relaxing and energetic provide fun and excitement for both children and adults. The only downside to cruises offered by Royal Caribbean International is the extra charges for offshore activities and some of the onboard amenities.

Overall, Royal Caribbean is a recommended cruise line for customers enjoyment.

carol

September 4th, 2015 Schoharie, NY

we have sailed RCCL 15 times enjoyed everyone sailed princess 2x ncl 2x but that was in the past once we sailed on RCCL we were hooked we are going on our 16th in oct. We are 14 nights away from Diamond plus We love sailing out of NJ wish you had more ships going out of there the new ships are wonderful but we liked the Exployer we sailed her 7x so thats why we are going on the LIBERTY in oct. keep up the good work

Steven Hite

September 3rd, 2015 Great Falls, MT

Every cruise with RCCL has been very relaxing & excellent! The food is always wonderful as are the great group of activities to do! Wish we could cruise Royal twice a year or more!

laura smith

September 3rd, 2015 Ann Arbor, MI

Another awesome cruise with Royal Caribbean! The staff is amazing and always make us feel super special. Once again we will be talking about this cruise for awhile.... till the next one!

G Hidler

September 3rd, 2015 Rochester, NH

I have sailed with Royal Caribbean 6 times and have enjoyed every minute. Food is excellent and the entertainment is great. Sailing again in Feb 2016 and I know that we will have another great time.

Alisandro Ozuna

September 3rd, 2015 Lafayette, CA

We only cruise on Royal Caribbean and have never had a bad experience. We started cruising in 1993 on the Majesty of the Seas and have cruised on every size ship RCI has. We have our next cruise scheduled on the Anthem of the Seas. The staff has always been very accommodating. The meals, the ports we visit, the tours, have always met and exceeded our expectations. We will remain loyal to RCI.

DeShone Jones-Polk

September 3rd, 2015 Noblesville, IN

I say 8 because I happen to have cruised on Majesty of the Seas and had the smallest room on the seas I found out later. I booked a last minute surprise for my husbands birthday, which still turned out wonderfully because I love the food and drink on RCCL. When I am on a larger ship, I anticipate a 10!

Frederick Jackson

September 2nd, 2015 Bowie, MD

August 2015 Adventure of the Seas. Top flight cruise (for the money). Service was great. Food was very good. Ship was clean and well maintained. Good selection of Ports of Call. Well rounded and attentive staff. many activities and well timed events.

Ric

September 2nd, 2015 Lancaster, PA

Cruised RC to the Western Caribbean for our anniversary...wanted a larger stateroom but could not afford...they upgraded us to a 2 BR much to our surprise when we arrived to check in...they needed the other smaller rooms and since we booked early, we got a great deal. Next time, book early again and cruise RC!

Franklin Davis

September 1st, 2015 Baltimore, MD

My first cruise was in 2010 and I was surprised at the ease of everything,cruiseing was at the top of my "Bucket List" and Royal Caribbean gave me every thing that I was looking for and more, so far I have returned again and again and looking to do it again in the future.....Royal Caribbean will always be my cruise line.

glen vaught

September 1st, 2015 Pueblo, CO

I had a fantastic time with Royal Caribbean. Definitely will do it again in the future.. My experienced was really awesome!

Ron&CarolBeeman

September 1st, 2015 Modesto, CA

I had a grate time on the Royal Caribbean sailed with them now 3 time and will do it again .it will be soon

Sandy

September 1st, 2015 Miami, FL

Royal Caribbean has the most beautiful ships in the cruise industry but the food, lemonade and orange juice are really bad. I hope they improve the food and beverages.

Attila Fovenyessy

August 31st, 2015 New York, NY

So far the BEST Cruise Line I ever been!

Yolanda Rodriguez

August 31st, 2015 New York, NY

I had a great time with Royal Caribbean sailed with them 5x and will do it again when I can!!! I have try other's that they call the fun ship but no fun!!!!! Only Royal Caribbean for me.

Jaime Romero

August 30th, 2015 Hollywood, FL

Excelent all!

Maureen

August 29th, 2015 Cocoa, FL

Have taken 4 cruise with RC and looking forward to #5 in Jan. Always best customer service, great food choices, etc. Wouldn't cruise with any other line!

Kathy Eselhorst

August 29th, 2015 Duluth, GA

I have been on five separate cruises and they all have been with Royal Caribbean. If that does not say something I don't know what will. I have been totally satisfied with the treatment from the time I got on the ship until the time I got off. If I had the money I would go with them again.

Tanya Canada

August 28th, 2015 Spring Hill, FL

LOVE the Oasis! What a ship! Best vacation ever! The Freedom was also a great ship. Non-stop fun and unique things to do, or you can lay around and be lazy. I found that hard to do, because I wanted to experience everything. I never felt like I was in a crowd. Always somewhere to sit. Never waited to be seated at dinner more than a few minutes. Amazing staff. Our balcony room was spotless, plenty of room to unpack. Food was amazing. Love it!

Leslie Murr

August 28th, 2015 Johnson City, TN

I love everything about Royal Caribbean. The staff is attentive and courteous. The food is 5 star quality. The ships are well kept and clean. The shows and entertainment features are "top drawer". Long story short, I have nothing but admiration for the manner in which Royal Caribbean conducts their cruise line.

Pat

August 28th, 2015 Waterbury, CT

I have only sailed with RC. But I always query other passengers that have sailed other cruise lines. They all say RC food is the best and compares favorable with every other line. I have never had a bad cruise. the staff has always been helpful, friendly and attentive. There is always something to do - or places to do nothing if that is your pleasure. I have sailed on several different ships, including the Oasis which I thought might be overwhelming. It was AWESOME! Can't wait to sail her again.

Andrea

August 28th, 2015 Jacksonville, FL

My husband and I had our first cruise 1975 on the Song of Norway. We cruise often and would not even try another cruise line. Every time a complete enjoyment. Couldn't ask for better food, service, and entertainment.

Sandra Marshall

August 27th, 2015 Newville, PA

Hubby & I have been on 6 Royal Caribbean cruises-all have been great! Food is always awesome & entertainment is great, too. Get out there & cruise with a great cruise line!

Mildred Swaby

August 27th, 2015 Orlando, FL

Royal Caribbean is the best. I have never had a bad experience cruising with them. The food is always great, cabins are always nice and clean, and oh, my goodness, the friendliest staff ever, especially my room attendants, they are always so caring and friendly. January 2014 my room attendant, she was so awesome. She was so very special. And oh, my goodness, the entertainment is fantastic. Always have a good time. Royal Caribbean, you are the best! NO other cruise line can match what you have to offer. WAY TO GO ROYAL CARIBBEAN. YOU ARE NUMBER ONE FOR ME! LOVE ME SO ROYAL CARIBBEAN, FOR REAL! See you soon for my next relaxing vacation.

Vonda

August 26th, 2015 Bainbridge, GA

I love love love everything about our Cruise, we have been on two with RC and look forward to many more!

DEB

August 26th, 2015 Clinton, MD

We are hooked on RCI...Thanks to travel detailing..Every cruise has been awesome..Food always great, cabins always clean and the friendlist staff you could meet..

Duane Hansa

August 26th, 2015 North Las Vegas, NV

Good service good activities good entertainment small rooms and lousy food

Geraldine Brooks

August 26th, 2015 Warner Robins, GA

I have sailed on one other Cruise Line and I can honestly say that no one can top RC. The cabins are always clean, food is great, the entertainment is top shelf. If you have a question about anything, all you have to do is ask a member of the crew and the Captain was always visible. Everyone in the crew is extremely friendly. The excursion trips are great, there was something for everyone in every port. I am greatly looking forward to my next cruise with RC.

Gail Bradley

August 25th, 2015 Berwick, PA

I had my first RC cruise in March on Quantum of the Seas and was not impressed. There was a sewer smell when walking on outside deck and Noro Virus everywhere which I know was not there fault - not very personable. I miss the old way of cruising. I would not go back

Billie Combs

August 25th, 2015 Albemarle, NC

they are awesome

Dorothy Fleming

August 25th, 2015 Raleigh, NC

My husband and I went on several cruises with Royal Caribbean and only 1 time we were disappointed. That was because of the daytime entertainment on deck. Had nothing to do with anything else. We have always been super satisfied with Royal Caribbean and would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone considering a cruise.

Robert

August 24th, 2015 Newport News, VA

Been on 3 cruises so for with 2 planned. What an amazing company and fleet of ships!

Cindy

August 24th, 2015 Southampton, PA

I only started cruising in 2011 & now are a cruise junkie. I have been on 6 cruises & only cruised on Royal Caribbean. I love RCL. I can drive to multiple ports to board, the food is great, the service wonderful, the excursions fun, etc. Is RCL perfect? No, all the cruise lines have issues that come up. Cruising & choosing who you cruise on is a personal choice. I will continue to cruise on RCL through the coming years.

Steve Hayashi

August 23rd, 2015 Arcadia, CA

One of the best of RC is the art work on the ship. 10 times better then other competitions, if there were any.

Rick Stroetz

August 23rd, 2015 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Have cruised Royal Caribbean many times have no reason to try another.

Pam Rodell

August 23rd, 2015 North Fort Myers, FL

Just cruised to Alaska on Radiance of the Seas this past June. Cruise was Great. Food was good, entertainment just so so. My main complaint was with guest services. They were very rude. There was a terrible odor in our bathroom and on our deck (9), Several times the toliets would not flush. They fixed them from out in the hall but the odor lingered. When I complained again the head of housekeeping came up and said she didn't smell anything. We had 8 people inour group (2 cabins) and many others were complaining at the desk. I filled out a complaint form and my travel agent contacted RC but we have heard nothing. I am cruising 4 more times this year but think I will stick with Celebrity and Viking.

Stephen W Kennedy

August 23rd, 2015 Santa Fe, NM

My wife and I have been on three cruises in the Western Carribbean on three different ships - two Royal Carribbean, one Celebrity. The service was excellent, as was the food. The quarters were well-maintained. The ship was kept in immaculate shape. The shows and entertainment were excellent. Royal Carribbean is a great cruise line. The staffs are very courteous, well-trained, helpful, and cordial.

Ralph Simpkins

August 22nd, 2015 Millville, NJ

My trip was in Jan.2015 from New Jersey to Caribbean. I was most impressed by the ship and the staff. Enjoyed the many things on the boat to due. Looking forward to going again

Miriam D. Duffey

August 22nd, 2015 Covington, GA

I will only sail on Royal Caribbean. My opinion is that it is the best ship for my cruises.

Dennis Shippy

August 22nd, 2015 Jesup, GA

Its been a couple of years since we took our first cruise with Royal Caribbean and both my wife and I loved it. We had a very nice cabin and it was located in a very central location. Food was very good, entertainment fun well done and interactive with the audience. Lots to do onboard and at destinations. We are booked for a 5 days cruise in November and looking forward to it.

Laura Shelly Retzer

August 21st, 2015 Random Lake, WI

We have cruised Carnival twice, Celebrity once and Royal Caribbean five times (soon to be six as the end of September). RCI is BY FAR the superior cruise line. The service is impeccable and the décor always kept fresh and clean. The food is amazing and I love the drink package options (no surprise bill at the end of the cruise!). I have never been disappointed with the entertainment and amenities even on their smaller ships - and I have been on the small, medium AND largest ones (hoping to sail the Quantum soon!)

Shelia Alexander

August 20th, 2015 Birmingham, AL

The best cruise ever. The ships are amazing! Royal Caribbean....my fave cruise line!!!!

david

August 18th, 2015 Owings Mills, MD

we been on 23 cruises with them and we got 2 more togo this year

Terrie Bryant

August 18th, 2015 Eagle Mountain, UT

I loved every moment and would go again in a heartbeat, Wish i could afford to go, it's the best money you will ever spend! :)

Darrell & Delfia Duke

August 17th, 2015 Dumas, TX

My husband and I, our children, spouses and grandchildren with a total group of 14, took a Royal Carribean Cruise on the Freedom of The Seas in Aug. 2015. Although an amazing first time cruise for most of our family members, we were not aware of additional fees for tips. This was our only complaint,( the automatic 18% gratuity). It was very expensive with a big group as ours. They did not explain this to us when we booked the cruise. Very important to know. It will cost you additional hundreds of dollars extra in just TIPS. This is charged to your credit card on file. Although we purchased the package for each of us to order drinks anytime we wanted, they charge you tips at 18% gratuity for each beer, fruity tropical drinks and wine etc. that you order. Also, you are charged gratuity per person at the dinner table every night. But the service was EXCELLENT from housekeepers, restaurant managers, waiters, bartenders and deck patrol, etc. On a possitive note, We would highly recommend Royal Carribean. It was still truly an amazing CRUISE TO REMEMBER !!!

Bill Pallan

August 17th, 2015 Monticello, NY

We sailed on the Alure of the seas, nice ship but I had a very expensive watch stolen from our luggage. When we told the desk nothing was said or done. It mad us feel as if we didn't matter to them.

Monica

August 16th, 2015 Orlando, FL

My first and only experience on a Royal Caribbean cruise was in April 2015. It was a group cruise and we had approximately 90 people in our group that also included 3 private open bar cocktail parties. Without draggin this out into an extremely long review that most will not read in it's entirety, I will keep it short & simple: The food was sub par. Maintenance was less than expected. Cleanliness left some to be desired. But the final straw was that Customer Service & Satisfaction were DEPLORABLE! Not only did they have some making up to do by the time I got off the ship, but then they drug their feet and took over a month to respond to my almost a dozen attempts to contact a rep through multpile sources and then still finalized with a completely unacceptable 'offer/resolution'. My resolution is that I will NOT cruise on Royal Caribbean again. I'm not happy about that since they have the largest ships packed with the most up-to-date activities, but I REFUSE to pay that kind of money to be treated like I was treated. My money spends just as good on Carnival and I always have a good time and get treated like royalty on THEIR ships!

Darlene Burns

August 15th, 2015 Binghamton, NY

They totally ruined my luggage so bad that I lost pieces of clothing from my suitcase when it arrived in my stateroom. They were going to fix it with duct tape. Our cabin steward always told us she was too busy to do "things" like give us ice, bring fresh towels, etc. Food was just average. The 24 hour eatery was not very good. Entertainment was lacking

Lori Van Pelt

August 14th, 2015 Oswego, IL

First time on a cruise - Alaska, would go again ! All the people that work on the ship where more than great !

Marvin Saka

August 13th, 2015 Warwick, NY

I have been traveling with royal carib for over 20 yrs . never once was i and my family ever disappointed with their service . and if there was a problem they corrected the best way possible .. i will continue to look to royal carib in the future ..

H LEIBFRIED

August 12th, 2015 Fort Stewart, GA

HAVE SAILED WITH RC OVER 12 TIMES. I CAN SAY UNTIL RECENT HAD NO PROBLEMS. THE FOOD IS NOT AS GOOD AS IT SHOULD BE, SAME MENU FOR THE LAST 4 OR 5 YEARS. ENTERTAINMENT NOT THE SAME AS BEFORE. THE AUTOMATIC TIPPING HAS RUINED SERVICE. THEY TELL THE STAFF YOU ELECT TO NOT AUTO TIP, WHICH IS A SHAME. I TIP AND TIP WELL FOR GOOD SERVICE. SINCE THIS TIPPING PROBLEM SERVICE HAS DECLINED, THERE IS NO INSENTIVE FOR GOOD SERVICE. ALWAYS LOVER RC, BUT LOOKING ELSEWHERE FOR BETTER SERVICE.