1. Royal Caribbean International

Royal Caribbean International features 25 ocean liners. Each ship is full of numerous amenities and activities for guests to enjoy while sailing the open seas. Thrill-seekers will enjoying cruising the newer ships known as Allure of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, and Quantum of the Seas. These ocean liners feature zip lines, zero- gravity machines, and bumper cars. Other ships showcase rock climbing, ice rinks, and wave pools. Royal Caribbean International offers 15 destinations worldwide.

The Good

• Classes and entertainment
  • Great amenities
  • Worldwide cruises to 15 locations

Classes and Entertainment

For those interested in educational pursuits, there are plenty of enrichment classes to choose from. You can learn a foreign language, become a wine connoisseur, or create your own jewelry. Young kids will love the DreamWorks Experience, where they can mingle with well-known characters from Shrek and Madagascar. You can also watch your favorite films poolside.

Great Amenities

Cruise rates cover all meals served in the main dining room. Guests may select from one of two set dining times or reserve a table in advance. Guests will find numerous food choices, from doughnuts to pizza to Asian cuisine. There are standard amenities found on all Royal Caribbean ships, but there are also some unique features that vary based on what cruise is booked. These typical amenities include:

• DreamWorks Experience
  • Ice Skating
  • Mini Golf
  • and More

Dining Options

Specialty restaurants feature more upscale choices such as steak and Italian cuisine. Additional fees may apply and you will need to schedule a reservation in advance if you want to eat in one of the specialty restaurants. Some cruises also feature Mystery Theater Dinners. Beverages are not included in the price of meals. Beverage packages are available for purchase.

Destinations

Where the Royal Caribbean cruise ships travel to is also another key selling point of their vacation package. While destinations may vary year to year depending on weather restrictions and other regulations, there are common destinations Royal Caribbean typically cruises to. These cruises last anywhere from three to nineteen days and are offered year round. Destinations on these excursions include:

• Caribbean
  • Panama Canal
  • South America
  • South Pacific
  • and the Transatlantic

You will also need to adhere to three separate dress codes while onboard the ship. Polo shirts, slacks, and sundresses are appropriate choices for casual wear. On casual evenings, a jacket and tie is required for men and dresses or pantsuits are acceptable for women to wear. On formal evenings, tuxedos and evening gowns are required attire.

Security

Royal Caribbean International has closed-circuit television cameras located in hundreds of strategic, public locations throughout the ship but not in private staterooms, public restrooms, or private spa areas. These systems are upgraded as new and beneficial technologies are developed. Recordings from these cameras are routinely utilized by our security teams and made available to investigative authorities as requested.

The Bad

• Protection program
  • Extra fees and charges

Protection Program

Despite that there are no major service fees. Royal Caribbean does charge extra for luggage valet, full service laundry, and internet service. The Vacation Protection package offered by Royal Caribbean is also not as comprehensive as other cruise lines. The protection package includes:

• CruiseCare Cancellation Penalty Waiver Program
  • CruiseCare Travel Insurance Program
  • Trip delays provides coverage up to $500 per person
  • Accident and Sickness Medical expenses provides coverage up to $10,000 per person
  • Emergency Medical Evacuations and Repatriations provides coverage up to $25,000 per person
  • Lost, stolen or damaged baggage provides coverage up to $1,500
  • Bag delays provides coverage up to $500
  • CruiseCare Worldwide Emergency Assistance Program*

Extra Fees and Charges

Some alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages may also incur extra charges on your cruise bill. Beverage packages are available to purchase in your options. Ships can feel crowded and cramped, especially around holiday vacations. Not all amenities are covered. Also, transfers are available for pre-purchase from the arrival airport to the pier on day of sailing and from the pier to the departure airport on debarkation day only.

The Bottom Line

Royal Caribbean International Cruises have entertainment and amenity options that guests of all ages will enjoy. The destination cruises are affordable for families and those on a budget or seeking a deal on their next vacation package. Older adults will also enjoy their travels on these cruises as well.

Activities that are both relaxing and energetic provide fun and excitement for both children and adults. The only downside to cruises offered by Royal Caribbean International is the extra charges for offshore activities and some of the onboard amenities.

Overall, Royal Caribbean is a recommended cruise line for customers enjoyment.

Richard Linck

November 13th, 2015 Winter Haven, FL

Have been on two cruises:: a 3 night and just completed a 7 night. Stateroom attendant was efficient and professional. Never had a problem. Food was excellent in dining room and staff attended to every request with a smile. Scheduled for another cruise in August "16.

Lewis Seeley

November 13th, 2015 Syracuse, NY

Just came off cruise on Indy Oct 11 great cruise, great ship, excellent entertainment. I have also cruised on the Oasis during her inageral season and I never felt overwhelmed by to many passengers also excellent experience, some people are never satisfied, loved it.

Nancy

November 13th, 2015 Corpus Christi, TX

We just got back from cruising on the Oasis of the Seas! It was beyond our expectations! Everyone went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect! The food was fantastic as was the staff! Clifton was our stateroom attendant! He is an asset to Royal Caribbean! He went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed! Howard and Jude in the Casino were also awesome!!

Dianne Garron

November 13th, 2015 Laurens, SC

I've been on three of their ships and have been pleased with all of them

Stewart Springfield

November 13th, 2015 Jamaica Plain, MA

Great company. Wife and I were on the Allure. We are going on the Oasis in March 0f 2017. All booked and cabin reserved. The ship had enough personnel to handle all of the passengers. It was wonderful. ther is plenty to do on the ship. This time, I might not get off so I can enjoy all of the activities on the ship.

james smyth

November 10th, 2015 Lithia, FL

Cruised the Allure in western Mediterranean. This ship is too large. It cannot accommodate the thousands of passengers. Crew were inept and obviously told to sell passengers something every chance they got. Since tips are included the crew has no incentive to treat passengers well. Be ready for long lines and waits for everything. Shows were mediocre at best. Food was nothing special.

Gerald Chernicoff

November 9th, 2015 West Palm Beach, FL

12 RCL cruises under our belt..never had a bad cruise. Great Entertainment, great food, and super service by the crew.

Robin Chesser Chaer Hackler

November 5th, 2015 Kingston, TN

I got to go on a cruise with you all back in January of 2009. It was actually snowing as we boarded!..and it was sooo cold as we sailed for 2 solid days! Our 1st excursion was Haiti, but that morning, we weren't able to dock there due to the docking station being flooded from the previous nights rain. All 4 of us felt something was wrong, and had spent much of the day in prayer. That evening, as we sat down to the formal dinner, I received a frantic call from my Mom, stating that there had been a terrible earthquake in Haiti, and hundreds, possibly thousands were dead!..then the ships Captain, came onto the intercom, stating the same terrible news!..and we were supposed to be there! Whew, thank God, and thank you Royal Caribbean for ours, and all the other lives that were spared that fateful day! And while I'm at it, thank you for the rest of the cruise, for the private Mexican Resort where we were treated like royalty, and especially for Jamaica, where we spent the day acting like locals..still dreaming of Jerk Chicken, grilled breadfruit, and raw green coconut, and Judy's open air bar, our cab driver, and all the friends me met at the top of the jungle! Every staff member on your ship were so kind to us, whether we could afford a tip or not!..we were pretty broke the last couple of days..but rich in memories! Thanks Once Again for EVERYTHING! Robin Hackler

Charlene Jager

November 4th, 2015 Atlanta, GA

Wonderful cruise both times. Food, service, entertainment were tops.

Deborah Hargis

November 4th, 2015 Charlotte, NC

Recently cruised my first cruise with your line, . Sorry, but it was not so great. Aside from the weather, which I know was not your responsibility, the food, other than your upscale restaurants, was abismile. The service was so-so. Was very disappointed with the ladies area by the fitness center. Must say the organization of the port side parking was first class. Very organized and easy. Have to give the overall a C- at best.

Leslie Murr

November 3rd, 2015 Johnson City, TN

Just completed my 5th RC cruise. Went to San Juan, St Maarten & St Kitts. As much as I enjoyed these ports, I enjoyed my time on board. Couldn't have asked for better wait staff. Especially my cabin steward and the waiter at table 344. Every employee I came in contact with went out of their way to make sure I had a wonderful cruise experience. It's easy to see how Royal Caribbean is named #1 for 13 years running. I'll be back.

Daniel Uhl

November 3rd, 2015 Rochester, NY

This Was A Great Vacation Anyone Who Is Thinking About Taking A Cruise Even If It Is Your First Or 20th I Would Suggest You Chose Royal Caribbean This Was My First And I Really Enjoyed It

clara hatfield

November 3rd, 2015 Stafford, VA

my husband and I took three cruises on your ship Grandeur of the Seas. It was the best thing we ever did. were planning another when he got ill and passed away. If I had my way I would live on one of your ships forever.

Amy Pandin

November 2nd, 2015 Atwater, OH

This was my first cruise and I had a blast! Everyone on the ship was great. Our room attendant was thoughtful and helpful and just a great guy to talk to. I cant say enough good stuff about my experience. The food, the shows, the everything was just grand!

Earl Hotaling

November 1st, 2015 Ravena, NY

I Loved the overall experience , Ship was clean, Food was superior than other lines I have gone on, the staff was great. It is a better quality product than other cruise lines, but still not sure it was worth the extra cost. The other issue I had was the excess ability of free drink, it was harder than other cruises to acquire. Overall it was a step above.

JoAnn Mosher

October 31st, 2015 Clarks Summit, PA

I will ONLY CRUISE ON RCCL BEST EVER! Carnival is CHEAP! NCL is awful I heard so many complaints when we disembarked in BERMUDA from PEOPLE on NCL! I was glad I was on RCCL!!!

Linda Guions

October 31st, 2015 West Chester, PA

Royal Caribbean was the first ever cruise l took...and it hooked me. The ship Enchantment of the Seas was to me floating elegance. Food was out of the world. I would like more options for itineraries and would like to see pricing be a little more affordable.

Charlene Bowden

October 30th, 2015 Atlanta, GA

I have cruise 9 times on Royal, and love every time, can't wait for next trip on Anthem of the seas. shows are great staff is the best and talk about food, I am all in.

Christopher

October 30th, 2015 Lawrence, MA

sailed for 1st time with Liberty of Seas in Oct 15 to Bermuda. an absolutely awesome experience. ship was clean and beautiful. cant say anything bad about crew or amenities aboard the ship. shows were spectacular. returning in 2017 on the Anthem. A+ for RC.

MJDOLLY

October 30th, 2015 Ocean City, NJ

Went to the Caribbean and Bermuda on Royal Caribbean and both cruises were really enjoyable. The shows were exceptional, ice show outstanding and the bands and food were top of the line, all the way. Can't wait to travel again. Coming up next Sept to New England and Canada. I am looking forward to another great journey.

Barbara Ramsdell

October 29th, 2015 Citrus Heights, CA

I am an Emerald member of RCCL, but have not booked a cruise for several years. The ships are WAY too big and TOO many passengers. My husband and I are in our 70's and really enjoy the ships with much less passenger capacity. The food is OK, but nothing special and customer service was good, but nobody has gone above and beyond. We will probably not cruise on any of these ships,unless they come down in size.

Mary Ellen Smith

October 28th, 2015 Simsbury, CT

I'm loyal to Royal. Sailed six times with RCCL and loved every cruise The crew are all fantastic! The food is top shelf! The shows are Broadway quality! There is always a fun activity going on to join or watch! We are in our mid 80's and always are treated with respect and kindnesses! Fun fun fun!! See you next October for a 8 day to the Caribbean aboard the Anthem!⚓️⚓️

gary

October 28th, 2015 Catawba, NC

Royal cruiser for 18 years, won't go on most cruise lines for free. You can always find something to complain about if you choose. if you don't have fun on a ship its you not the cruise line. See you in 4 weeks.

Valerie and Edgar

October 27th, 2015

I had my best birthday party in june 2015, I will never have another birthday like this. I loved the trip to Caribe in Royal Caribbean. I am sure I had my best moments and people I love in this trip. Edgar I love you Forever and never gonna be forget my best birthday in this cruise. Thank you God

Elizabeth M. Baluh

October 27th, 2015 Pittston, PA

My husband, Edward, and I have enjoyed every trip that we have taken. I think it is about 10 trips. We especially. enjoyed the Quantum of the Seas inaugural cruise. We will be cruising in Jan. 2016.

Terry Stapp

October 27th, 2015 Gilbert, AZ

Fourth cruise on RCC and royally disappointed. I would have scored a "0" except the whole thing was partially our fault. Never book on spring break if you are a senior cruiser. Ship, staff, service, just everything was terrible. Even was served a rotten steak in the main dining room. Head waiter said "Sorry but I always tell my waiters not to recommend the steak". This was on board the Vision of the Seas out of Tampa. Never again! We love RCCL but will be very careful which ship and when we travel. There was way too much bad to completely cover it here.

Earl Graham

October 26th, 2015 Mauldin, SC

Rccl is a great cruise line. Have cruised with them for 20 plus years, Diamond club member. We also cruise other lines and we are seeing less difference in the total experience. We love the big roomy ships that rccl have. But they are quite a bit more expensive than Carnival and others. Are they worth the additional cost ? Not sure... So, we cruise several times a year, and several different cruise lines.

LaDonna Sklodowski

October 25th, 2015 Warminster, PA

We cruised the last week of September on the Jewel of the Sea and it was the best vacation we've been on in a long time. Staff was very professional a courteous and the ship was spotless. Am looking forward to going on another in the future.

Basil Dave

October 25th, 2015 Woburn, MA

My family and I took a cruise on RC in 2008, Explorer of the Seas. I'll break my review into sections: Food: Good to very good. The average meal in the main dining room was very good but a limited choice. The "extra" dining was very good as well and worth the extra price. The buffets were just good. Sometimes things looked a little old and wilted. Service: Excellent. The staff was so friendly and responsive. The crew seemed happy to be working there. Other cruise lines I've been on, this has not been the case. The Ship: Explorer of the Seas is now one of their medium sized ships but it is still huge (1100 feet long)... The ship was in good shape, it ran very quietly. No discernible engine noise probably due to the fact that it uses the azipod engines. The ice rink and skating at sea was a lot of fun. There are many things to do on the ship and I enjoyed the fact that we had four days at sea. I loved just being on the ship. The Ports: All the ports were great except for the port in the Dominican Republic. My wife and I like to walk around, fortunately we left our daughter on the ship. Very scary... burnt out cars, people trying to sucker you into buying crazy jewelry, you needed to be accompanied by a "security" person. I think they have dropped this destination off their list. Overall: Our cruise was very good and leaving from NJ was even better. Saved us several thousand dollars not having to fly to Florida.

Ginger4ever

October 25th, 2015 Magnolia, TX

I enjoyed my cruise. The Cirque De Soleil ice skating show was the best show I have ever seen on a cruise! I also liked that the people taking the cruise were more relaxed and less drunk than on carnival.

[email protected]

October 24th, 2015 Wayne, NJ

A great line they deserve to own "The Celebrity Lines" Great service all around.. Always had a great cruise experience with Royal C & Celebriy. Sailed many time with both lines.... Looking forward to my next cruise......

Diana Rugani

October 22nd, 2015 Sebastian, FL

We have cruised with Royal for over 10 years. We LOVE cruising with Royal Caribbean. We have been on most of the ships except for the Quantum because my family is not a fan of the itinerary. I have almost no complaints except for the food in the dining room however the service that we have always received from the staff in the dining room has always been exceptional. Over the years their menu has declined and that is disappointing, as for the rest of the cruise experience the Royal is second to none.

Charlie B.

October 21st, 2015 Humble, TX

I have not been on a Royal Caribbean in a long time. Just returned last month from Carnival . R.C.C.L is better all around

James Shannon

October 21st, 2015 Boerne, TX

We are two weeks away from our ninth Royal Caribbean cruise and we truly love cruising with Royal. After a memorable cruise on one of Royals larger ships, the Freedom of the Seas to San Juan and St. Maarten, we set out on the smallest ship in their fleet, the Majesty of the Seas to the Bahamas and Key West, I have to say it was one of the best cruises to date. Looking forward to this next cruise on the Adventure from San Juan to the US Virgin Isle stops, and Martinique.

[email protected]

October 20th, 2015 Chattanooga, TN

The Royal Treatment is no myth! From the moment you board you are welcomed as though you were Royalty...All smiles what may I do for you? The accomodations are always clean bright and oh so comfortable. The Royal treatment does not wane during the entire voyage. The service is impecable, the food perfect and the entertainment is delightful! The perfect vacation!

Dave

October 20th, 2015 Upper Marlboro, MD

I have been on 3 cruises with Royal Caribbean. I have had a great time on on 2 of them and a ok to good time on the last and 3rd trip. If you want a good relaxing cruise were they treat you like royalty, then get a outside suite with a balcony and have a great time. If you want a party bout then this cruise like is not for you.

Karin McMullen

October 20th, 2015 Fort Pierce, FL

We tried other lines but came back to RCL because they have the best service, the stewards (cabin, restaurants/bar) are super attentive, the food is delightful. The cabins are well appointed. Last year we celebrated our 40th Anniversary with kids and grand kids who were very impressed. We had to cancel this year because of sickness but are looking forward to May 2016 on the Freedom of the Seas, again.

Lyn Wallace

October 20th, 2015 Newville, PA

We've traveled with them for 4 cruises and have enjoyed all of the ships. The crew is amazing - so friendly and helpful. Food is ok! Only ship we weren't crazy about was the Quantum - reminded me of a mall - not a "pretty" ship at all and hated changing dining room each night.

Robin Larson

October 20th, 2015 Bothell, WA

had wonderful time! awesome entertainment and food! I think the only real issue I had was getting off the ship at the end. needs to have it smoothed out! Other then that i had a wonderful trip looking forward to more!!!

Marilyn

October 20th, 2015 Conroe, TX

I wasn't happy at all with my trip. I bought a drink package but never received my refillable cup. I went to the customer service desk to ask when I'd receive it and was told one would be sent to my room but never got it. I was also shorted a bottle of wine that I paid for. No one at the guest service desk seemed like they knew what they were doing. Food wasn't nearly as good as other cruises that I've been on. This was probably the worst cruise that I've ever been on.

Bill Pallan

October 19th, 2015 Monticello, NY

The only WOW factor I found was the staff. Food, just at best ok..

Pam Caverly

October 19th, 2015 Mooresville, NC

We have cruised 5 times with RCL. We Did Freedom of the Seas the first two times and they were both Fabulous! The third was Independence of the seas and also fabulous. Then we did Allure and although the ship was Gorgeous, it was a bit big for our liking and we felt the service was compromised due to the number of passengers, but was still very enjoyable. The last one was this past summer on the Adventure of the Seas and it was a great experience as well. We did feel that the drinks offered were watered down due to being poured to far ahead of time, and the ship was a bit crowded for us. We will be taking a another in a month on The Vision of the Seas and looking forward to trying a smaller ship to see how it compares to the others. So Far Freedom is by far our favorite and the service on the Freedom was Superb! We also felt that the pre paid tipping promotes a lacking in service from the staff. We will tip as we go in the future

Ruth Downs

October 19th, 2015 Battle Creek, MI

Cruised time on Royal in the last 4 years. N o desire to try any other line. They are fantastic!

Bill Pallan

October 18th, 2015 Monticello, NY

Just got off the enchantment of the seas. Had a nice time but the food was just so so and their cutting back on no lobster for dinner, you now have to pay 29.95 for a lobster. Might have to look for a new cruise line...

Sheila

October 18th, 2015 Vashon, WA

Traveled on Radiance of the Seas September 2015 to Hawaii. this was our first cruise. all i can say is WOW. already booked another RCL cruise for next spring. loved every aspect. room was spacious and clean. common spaces were nice. food was exceptional. and the service was the best i have had of any kind of service industry. can't wait to sail again. will be loyal to royal.

George

October 17th, 2015 Bellevue, WA

Top Notch Experience! The ship, the food, the staff, the staterooms, entertainment - all wonderful. Sailed on the 7 night Western Mediterranean Cruise on the Allure of the Seas in September 2015. The ship is massive and it surprisingly does not feel crowded despite the number of crew and passengers she holds. Definitely take advantage of the specialty restaurants, the little extra you pay is well worth the money!

Joseph Carter

October 16th, 2015 Great Barrington, MA

In a word, AWESOME!

Kaye Beavers Lewis

October 15th, 2015 Georgetown, TX

I traveled on Navigator of the Seas in late April 2015 to Western Caribbean. I thoroughly enjoyed my first cruise. The service, activity and complete courteousness of all staff, that I had experiences with, will make me travel again with Royal Caribbean as soon as I have the funds to do so. On my next cruise I want to book a room with a balcony! It will take me a while to save the money, but that is my goal. I have given terrific reviews to numerous people who inquired about my trip. Terecia K. Lewis

Carlyle Rosser

October 15th, 2015 Cleveland, OH

We had a great time on our recent cruise. I've only been on RCI for my two cruises and if those trips were any indication there's no way I'm going on another cruise line. As a matter of fact I'm breaking ranks and we're going next year instead of waiting for another year....

sherry vidas

October 14th, 2015 Hagerstown, MD

I have been on you ships 4 times and my sister and husband been on 8 times we just love the ships the oasis and were planning to book on the newest ship in 2016 for the Caribbean and i am going to try to save up money to bring my granddaughters i am on disability so it takes me away to save up but it worth it can't waite .sherry vidas