1. Royal Caribbean International

Royal Caribbean International features 25 ocean liners. Each ship is full of numerous amenities and activities for guests to enjoy while sailing the open seas. Thrill-seekers will enjoying cruising the newer ships known as Allure of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, and Quantum of the Seas. These ocean liners feature zip lines, zero- gravity machines, and bumper cars. Other ships showcase rock climbing, ice rinks, and wave pools. Royal Caribbean International offers 15 destinations worldwide.

The Good

• Classes and entertainment
  • Great amenities
  • Worldwide cruises to 15 locations

Classes and Entertainment

For those interested in educational pursuits, there are plenty of enrichment classes to choose from. You can learn a foreign language, become a wine connoisseur, or create your own jewelry. Young kids will love the DreamWorks Experience, where they can mingle with well-known characters from Shrek and Madagascar. You can also watch your favorite films poolside.

Great Amenities

Cruise rates cover all meals served in the main dining room. Guests may select from one of two set dining times or reserve a table in advance. Guests will find numerous food choices, from doughnuts to pizza to Asian cuisine. There are standard amenities found on all Royal Caribbean ships, but there are also some unique features that vary based on what cruise is booked. These typical amenities include:

• DreamWorks Experience
  • Ice Skating
  • Mini Golf
  • and More

Dining Options

Specialty restaurants feature more upscale choices such as steak and Italian cuisine. Additional fees may apply and you will need to schedule a reservation in advance if you want to eat in one of the specialty restaurants. Some cruises also feature Mystery Theater Dinners. Beverages are not included in the price of meals. Beverage packages are available for purchase.

Destinations

Where the Royal Caribbean cruise ships travel to is also another key selling point of their vacation package. While destinations may vary year to year depending on weather restrictions and other regulations, there are common destinations Royal Caribbean typically cruises to. These cruises last anywhere from three to nineteen days and are offered year round. Destinations on these excursions include:

• Caribbean
  • Panama Canal
  • South America
  • South Pacific
  • and the Transatlantic

You will also need to adhere to three separate dress codes while onboard the ship. Polo shirts, slacks, and sundresses are appropriate choices for casual wear. On casual evenings, a jacket and tie is required for men and dresses or pantsuits are acceptable for women to wear. On formal evenings, tuxedos and evening gowns are required attire.

Security

Royal Caribbean International has closed-circuit television cameras located in hundreds of strategic, public locations throughout the ship but not in private staterooms, public restrooms, or private spa areas. These systems are upgraded as new and beneficial technologies are developed. Recordings from these cameras are routinely utilized by our security teams and made available to investigative authorities as requested.

The Bad

• Protection program
  • Extra fees and charges

Protection Program

Despite that there are no major service fees. Royal Caribbean does charge extra for luggage valet, full service laundry, and internet service. The Vacation Protection package offered by Royal Caribbean is also not as comprehensive as other cruise lines. The protection package includes:

• CruiseCare Cancellation Penalty Waiver Program
  • CruiseCare Travel Insurance Program
  • Trip delays provides coverage up to $500 per person
  • Accident and Sickness Medical expenses provides coverage up to $10,000 per person
  • Emergency Medical Evacuations and Repatriations provides coverage up to $25,000 per person
  • Lost, stolen or damaged baggage provides coverage up to $1,500
  • Bag delays provides coverage up to $500
  • CruiseCare Worldwide Emergency Assistance Program*

Extra Fees and Charges

Some alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages may also incur extra charges on your cruise bill. Beverage packages are available to purchase in your options. Ships can feel crowded and cramped, especially around holiday vacations. Not all amenities are covered. Also, transfers are available for pre-purchase from the arrival airport to the pier on day of sailing and from the pier to the departure airport on debarkation day only.

The Bottom Line

Royal Caribbean International Cruises have entertainment and amenity options that guests of all ages will enjoy. The destination cruises are affordable for families and those on a budget or seeking a deal on their next vacation package. Older adults will also enjoy their travels on these cruises as well.

Activities that are both relaxing and energetic provide fun and excitement for both children and adults. The only downside to cruises offered by Royal Caribbean International is the extra charges for offshore activities and some of the onboard amenities.

Overall, Royal Caribbean is a recommended cruise line for customers enjoyment.

Kylie Bishop

November 12th, 2020 Smithfield, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

my experience with the Royal Caribbean was fantastic. they’re there costumer service was amazing and so was the food. they definitely made the trip one to remember. I would definitely recommend to someone that is looking for a good cruising line.

Brooklyn Bishop

November 12th, 2020 Smithfield, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience on Royal Caribbean International has been the best experience I ever had. They crew is so nice and welcoming. They are always willing to help others. I would totally recommend

Dawn N

April 1st, 2020 Thatcher, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was able to take my first cruise on the Oasis of the Seas with Royal Caribbean and couldn't recommend it highly enough. The ship and the shows were incredible. The ports were wonderful. The food was awesome. There wasn't a single thing I didn't enjoy. The rooms were great and the porters were so fun, leaving little folded towel creatures for us every day. I fully plan on traveling on another Caribbean cruise with Royal Caribbean.

Steve Jones

March 25th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I enjoy sailing with Royal Caribbean! We went on our first international cruise with Royal Caribbean a few months ago and were very satisfied with the ship, the activities and entertainment, and overall friendliness of the crew.

Karen Torino

March 17th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazing cruise line. Everything is clean, everything is done to satisfy their customers. The amenities are great and make it very easy to enjoy one's time there. Amazing!

Daniela Garcia

March 15th, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the best cruise line thus far. I love royal Caribbean. They’re clean and their destination choices are amazing.

Myken

March 11th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My husband and I went on our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. It was an amazing experience. From the food to the entertainment and outgoing and caring staff, it was one of her most memorable vacations yet.

MaryAnn Hagblom

March 11th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great ships, great food, great service! Feel like they are higher end ships. They feel clean.

Chaveli

March 10th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Luxury and great service overall!! Love the food and the decor, really go out of their way

Anita pea

March 9th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Royal Caribbean was so much fun. Everything from the rooms to food was awesome!!! The customer service was remarkable and the prices were really good!!!

Janan Grange

March 9th, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One of our favorite vacations was with a group of 16 friends who went on a Royal Caribbean Cruise to Mexico. As we were a big group I was a little worried if we'd even get to eat together or see each other. Fortunately, Royal Caribbean put us all close together at meals and we had a fantastic time. The staff were wonderful and we felt like we were taking care of.

Lou

March 9th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We went on our first cruise this year. Had a great time. The employees were so gracious. My family had a great time!

Lizabeth Augustine

March 8th, 2020 Holmdel, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I actually have only been on one cruise and it was with your company because I never wanted to go on a cruise. The ocean is so powerful. I had a good experience and was very grateful for that. My daughter had the best time and thinks its amazing. I may not take another cruise, but I am sure she will based on our experience. Service was excellent across the ship and the restaurants were great.

Jakob barre

March 8th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had an OK trip at first kind of got sick from some other people that were on the boat I believe so I’m kind of upset about that I hope that there’s a way that they can work on this for next time. Maybe clean the deck better after people use things?

Msindoni

March 6th, 2020 Pembroke Pines, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Royal Caribbean International cruises a for you if you are looking for a "fancier" crusing experience. They have the best food out of all the cruises I've been on.

Alyssa Hansel

March 6th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love ROYAL CARIBBEAN! This bruise line has the best 2-week vacation packages. Super yummy food and drinks. Great excursions and spa packages! I've sailed to over 5 island countries with them and had a great experience!

cb

March 6th, 2020 Thibodaux, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very nice experience! Dining was by far the best I've ever had on a cruise ship and the amenities were endless!

Haley

March 5th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had the most amazing cruise on their largest ship. The crew could not have been more amazing.

Azrienne

March 5th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I took my first cruise with Royal Carribbean on the Freedom of the Seas and it was a week long. the food was amazing!!!

Leah Cantrelle

March 4th, 2020 Hattiesburg, MS

I went on one of their cruises this summer that was supposed to go to Cuba. With politics, travel to Cuba from the US was no longer permitted, so Royal Caribbean refunded half of the trip back to us and took us to the Caribbean islands and Puerto Rico instead. Great company.

Natalia Correa MDTribe

March 4th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have gone on 4 Royal Caribbean Cruises and I absolutely loved every experience. From the dining to the attractions there is amazing options to meet the needs of everyone in the party. I have gone with small parties and large parties and they easily accommodate both! Highly recommend!

Rocio Diaz

March 3rd, 2020 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is my favorite cruise I’ve ever been on regarding me and my husband. It has adult friendly activities, shows, and the restaurants are top of the line. It is on the pricier side but worth it nonetheless.

Randi Nelson

March 1st, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Royal carribbean was fabulous as we were went in a family size of 27. They were so accommodating and had activities for everyone to enjoy the entire week.

Steve Laird

February 29th, 2020 Midvale, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We love cruising on Royal Caribbean. We have now been on more Royal Caribbean cruises, than any other cruise line. We enjoy the options for activities on the ships. We love the ports. Most of the time we can find deals on our vacations. We have had a few times that the deals changed and prices went up before we could book, but we will continue to book with Royal Caribbean. Great family cruise line.

Maryann Renteria (Mckrae)

February 29th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible customer service! I received the worst customer experience and was told if i bought insurance i would get my money refunded if I needed to cancel. This was not true. I had to jump through hoops to talk to anyone and I was refunded “credits” not money. They lied!!

Sandi Burkinshaw

February 28th, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been on multiple cruise lines and Royal Caribbean was my least favorite. The ship was nice, but the food was lackluster and the entertainment not up to par with other cruise lines I've been on.

Club rush

February 27th, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our cruise was fabulous. The ship, the service, entertainment, and food was so good.

Mike Ika

February 27th, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We went on a cruise using Royal Caribbean and were very happy with our trip. The ship was so much fun. We enjoyed the comedy show and the casino. The food was fantastic, probably my favorite part of the trip! The ports and excursions that we visited were very fun and added to the overall experience of being on such a cool ship.

Linda Lender

February 27th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been a cruiser many many times and Royal Caribbean always has the best food and the best entertainment as well as the best activities. I look for Royal Caribbean all the time now. Also they seem to have some of the best rates

Fay Falatea

February 26th, 2020 Kaneohe, HI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve cruised with Royal Caribbean for 6 cruises. Best cruise line ever. The food, entertainment, the activities are great and keep us busy. The staff is great and room attendant was helpful every night.

Shirley Mitchell

February 26th, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Food good, room not so, places saw were good and enjoyed that, shows enjoyed so over all ok.

Bryndie

February 25th, 2020 Managua, MN

Expect a long line to board. Room wasn’t as clean as I would’ve liked it to be and being on board is pretty boring. There are better cruise lines to go through.

Stephanie Love

February 24th, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We loved royal Caribbean. We took a seven day cruise to the Caribbean islands and it was my absolutely favorite cruise. Not only was the ports amazing, but what they offered on the ship made it such an awesome experience. They had the best comedian shows and lots of awesome entertainment. The food was amazing and the staff and customer service was incredible. Everybody was so kind and accommodating. I will definitely use royal Caribbean again.

Kaysha Love

February 24th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I loved this cruise. This company has really goes over and beyond to ensure their customers are enjoying their time on sea. I loved that there was always something to do on board, never a dull day. I thought everyone was super friendly and the food was absolutely amazing.

Stacey

February 23rd, 2020 Price, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I went on royal caribbean with my entire family. It was nice and relaxing. Had plenty of food and entertainment. My favorite part was the line dancing with the staff and my family!!

Mhorne182

February 23rd, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have always had a good experience on Royal carribean. The ships are nice and the service is great. The flow rider and water slides make for amazing entertainment. Would recommend to anybody

Megan Johnston

February 22nd, 2020 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Royal Caribbean has the coolest stops! CoCo Cay Island is unforgettable. We will be doing a cruise with them again!

MaryAnn

February 22nd, 2020 Price, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We sailed on a Royal Caribbean ship last year. We had a great time. Didn't love the food, the ship was nice.

DeeDee G.

February 22nd, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am about to go on a cruise with them this summer. Super excited! The website is relatively easy to use when booking excursions.

JDWain

February 22nd, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Royal Caribbean is one of the better cruiselines in my opinion, usually better food choices and better entertainment that some of the lowermost cruise-lines; but usually is slightly more expensive but if your goign to spend the money you might as well spend a little more for a nicer cruise line

Jessica

February 21st, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Royal Caribbean is the best cruise line. They offer great deals and have many travel destinations to choose from.

Jefferson Germain

February 21st, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

it feels like a five star hotel on water. the best vacation experience i have ever had. the family loved it.

Ronald Vincent

February 20th, 2020 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have been on many cruises and have used several cruislines but I have just booked my last cruise on Royal Caribbean cruislines. In May of 2019 we went on Radiance of the seas and was totally offended and disgusted by the show put on by the crew. This show contained sexual and explicit content!! It was totally disgusting and appalling and I was embarrassed to view this with my family!! I reported this to customer service but they didn’t care and blew me off!! NEVER will I EVER step on a Royal Caribbean ship again!!

Mykahla Nelson

February 20th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love going on cruises! But it’s so hard to find the right one that fits your needs. Royal Caribbean International blew my mind with all they had to offer! The employees are awesome and really make you feel like family.

Nicole Jones

February 20th, 2020 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our family has been on many cruises and Royal Caribbean is by far our favorite cruise line. From the food and activities to the overall atmosphere! Our most recent trip to the Bahamas was so wonderful! We are already looking forward to cruising with Royal Caribbean again soon!

Braylyn Linford

February 19th, 2020 Bountiful, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

AMAZING! Royal has the best food and entertainment compared to other cruise lines.

Nichole Hiatt

February 19th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our cruise ship was very nice, a little dated, but everything seemed to be well kept. The food choices were great and we loved the frozen drinks they served.

Hallieford

February 18th, 2020 Arlington, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We recently cruised with Royal Caribbean and it was great. Food is good, we loved the pizza and Coke Zero machine.

fernandopessoa

February 17th, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We went on an eastern Caribbean cruise and it was amazing. The food was top notch and the staff was amazing. We would definitely choose Royal again.

Bob Muench

February 17th, 2020 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

RC has great cruises. We were spoiled for a week in the Caribbean. Hardly had to worry about a thing, and the servers were nothing but wonderful. They make you feel special, no matter who you are. Placing origami towels on the bed, doing special favors for fun. It was great. Oh--and the food was fantastic. It took months to lose what we gained. Maybe pace ourselves better next time. But we loved it!!!