Royal Caribbean International Logo

Royal Caribbean International

8.7

LAST UPDATED: September 10th, 2021
Royal Caribbean International features 25 ocean liners. Each ship is full of numerous amenities and activities for guests to enjoy while sailing the open seas. Thrill-seekers will enjoying cruising the newer ships known as Allure of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, and Quantum of the Seas. These ocean liners feature zip lines, zero- gravity machines, and bumper cars. Other ships showcase rock climbing, ice rinks, and wave pools. Royal Caribbean International offers 15 destinations worldwide.

The Good

• Classes and entertainment
  • Great amenities
  • Worldwide cruises to 15 locations

Classes and Entertainment

For those interested in educational pursuits, there are plenty of enrichment classes to choose from. You can learn a foreign language, become a wine connoisseur, or create your own jewelry. Young kids will love the DreamWorks Experience, where they can mingle with well-known characters from Shrek and Madagascar. You can also watch your favorite films poolside.

Great Amenities

Cruise rates cover all meals served in the main dining room. Guests may select from one of two set dining times or reserve a table in advance. Guests will find numerous food choices, from doughnuts to pizza to Asian cuisine. There are standard amenities found on all Royal Caribbean ships, but there are also some unique features that vary based on what cruise is booked. These typical amenities include:
  • DreamWorks Experience
  • Ice Skating
  • Mini Golf
  • and More

Dining Options

Specialty restaurants feature more upscale choices such as steak and Italian cuisine. Additional fees may apply and you will need to schedule a reservation in advance if you want to eat in one of the specialty restaurants. Some cruises also feature Mystery Theater Dinners. Beverages are not included in the price of meals. Beverage packages are available for purchase.

Destinations

Where the Royal Caribbean cruise ships travel to is also another key selling point of their vacation package. While destinations may vary year to year depending on weather restrictions and other regulations, there are common destinations Royal Caribbean typically cruises to. These cruises last anywhere from three to nineteen days and are offered year round. Destinations on these excursions include:
  • Caribbean
  • Panama Canal
  • South America
  • South Pacific
  • and the Transatlantic
You will also need to adhere to three separate dress codes while onboard the ship. Polo shirts, slacks, and sundresses are appropriate choices for casual wear. On casual evenings, a jacket and tie is required for men and dresses or pantsuits are acceptable for women to wear. On formal evenings, tuxedos and evening gowns are required attire.

Security

Royal Caribbean International has closed-circuit television cameras located in hundreds of strategic, public locations throughout the ship but not in private staterooms, public restrooms, or private spa areas. These systems are upgraded as new and beneficial technologies are developed. Recordings from these cameras are routinely utilized by our security teams and made available to investigative authorities as requested.

The Bad

• Protection program
  • Extra fees and charges

Protection Program

Despite that there are no major service fees. Royal Caribbean does charge extra for luggage valet, full service laundry, and internet service. The Vacation Protection package offered by Royal Caribbean is also not as comprehensive as other cruise lines. The protection package includes:
  • CruiseCare Cancellation Penalty Waiver Program
  • CruiseCare Travel Insurance Program
  • Trip delays provides coverage up to $500 per person
  • Accident and Sickness Medical expenses provides coverage up to $10,000 per person
  • Emergency Medical Evacuations and Repatriations provides coverage up to $25,000 per person
  • Lost, stolen or damaged baggage provides coverage up to $1,500
  • Bag delays provides coverage up to $500
  • CruiseCare Worldwide Emergency Assistance Program*

Extra Fees and Charges

Some alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages may also incur extra charges on your cruise bill. Beverage packages are available to purchase in your options. Ships can feel crowded and cramped, especially around holiday vacations. Not all amenities are covered. Also, transfers are available for pre-purchase from the arrival airport to the pier on day of sailing and from the pier to the departure airport on debarkation day only.

The Bottom Line

Royal Caribbean International Cruises have entertainment and amenity options that guests of all ages will enjoy. The destination cruises are affordable for families and those on a budget or seeking a deal on their next vacation package. Older adults will also enjoy their travels on these cruises as well. Activities that are both relaxing and energetic provide fun and excitement for both children and adults. The only downside to cruises offered by Royal Caribbean International is the extra charges for offshore activities and some of the onboard amenities. Overall, Royal Caribbean is a recommended cruise line for customers enjoyment.

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

We were so excited to go on our Royal Carriben cruise. We had booked the largest ship and a week before setting off for sail, they emailed us to tell us our cruise was canceled. It was a nightmare trying to rebook another cruise because 6000 other passengers were doing the exact same thing. Something we had planned on for over a year ruined. They did return our money, and they comped us for a complimentary trip, however, that trip had to be booked within 6months, which I didn't notice on the email. A year later I was finally excited to book the trip and then learned that the offer had expired. Our compensation for them ruining our entire year's vacation was gone and they refused to issue another. This has ruined me from Royal and I will never sail with them because of it. When I spoke to customer service, they had no compansion towards our situation whatsoever, the time taken off work that couldn't be given back, the precruise purchases, the excitement in the children, all ruined and ignored by Royal. They expected us to book and take a new cruise in 6months time. I think they realized that most passengers would be unable to do this and that is why they offered such a short window to use their supposed compensation.

enelson3903 Bowie, MD

Royal Caribbean does a great job with check in on the cruise and when something goes wrong they always work to replace or upgrade your service on all there ships. There customer service is excellent.

Richard Garcia San Antonio, TX

Only cruise line we sail is Costa and Royal Caribbean. We just got off the Navigator on Oct 25th, this was our second cruise on this ship. We loved it and ready to try the a larger ship. The is food is good, bug the entertainment was lacking something this time around. The only negative remark I have about the ship is I wish the workout area would open up at 5am instead of 6am. I get up early to work out our walk and the only place is on top of the deck or in the hall ways if its raining. Our next cruise will be back to back on the Harmony next Oct and Nov 20016, hope the larger ship works for us and enjoyable.

Robin Chesser Chaer Hackler Kingston, TN

I got to go on a cruise with you all back in January of 2009. It was actually snowing as we boarded!..and it was sooo cold as we sailed for 2 solid days! Our 1st excursion was Haiti, but that morning, we weren't able to dock there due to the docking station being flooded from the previous nights rain. All 4 of us felt something was wrong, and had spent much of the day in prayer. That evening, as we sat down to the formal dinner, I received a frantic call from my Mom, stating that there had been a terrible earthquake in Haiti, and hundreds, possibly thousands were dead!..then the ships Captain, came onto the intercom, stating the same terrible news!..and we were supposed to be there! Whew, thank God, and thank you Royal Caribbean for ours, and all the other lives that were spared that fateful day! And while I'm at it, thank you for the rest of the cruise, for the private Mexican Resort where we were treated like royalty, and especially for Jamaica, where we spent the day acting like locals..still dreaming of Jerk Chicken, grilled breadfruit, and raw green coconut, and Judy's open air bar, our cab driver, and all the friends me met at the top of the jungle! Every staff member on your ship were so kind to us, whether we could afford a tip or not!..we were pretty broke the last couple of days..but rich in memories! Thanks Once Again for EVERYTHING! Robin Hackler

IMR Nashua, NH

The Best cruise company ever! Latest one was on Sept. 6 thru the 13th. My daughter did the same one and a back to back from the 13 thru the 20th on the same ship the Independence of the Seas. It went to two different Caribbean areas, I believe one was Western the other Southern. I have many food allergies and they sent an alert email to all of the dinning areas. The menu at the Mcbeth dinning room was presented to be the day before so they could ask the chef if I could it or not what they were serving. One night I chose to eat somewhere else and they were concerned, I assured them that I would go talk to them before making the reservation. The person who did my room was incredibly helpful, I have some medical issues and he made sure I had everything I needed. The shows were amazing, all of them were great, the cruise director from Australia did a wonderful job. My only complain was that for the Belly flop competition they should have used the big screen so everyone could see it. Everything else was wonderful and I am ready to schedule my next one for next September. I love cruising!

Patti 1954 Cape Coral, FL

My husband and I have cruised since 1990 on our honeymoon and have gone almost once a year since. This last weekend we just got back from a back 2 back cruise on the Oasis. Since it was our 25th anniversary, we booked a Grand Suite. My husband and I lived together in the 80's, ahhh...this IS important to this review. I gave him an ultimatum to marry me or move out so we got married. We raised our granddaughter and she "grew up" on RCCL from 6 to 18. It was the best thing we did for her. She loved it each year and anticipated year after year with lots of excitement.....but, this isn't where my story is going. Since I had never been proposed to, My husband, Dwight, started planning 9 months out to give me a cruise of a lifetime. (secret PO Box, Secret email address) On our 2nd day at sea, we received an invitation for a private photo session. Being Suite guests, you get invitations for new thing s everyday. So he talked me into doing this because it was FREE...lol...We hardly EVER buy photos on board because quite frankly, they are RIDICULOUSLY priced. My husband in his black tux and me in my black pantsuit, we arrived for the photos. There were 4 RCL employees there. The photographer took a few pictures and the event coordinator, Carol Lyn, looked at me and said, i'M AFRAID THIS IS NOT WHAT WE LED YOU TO BELIEVE, ". I looked at my husband and with tears in his eyes, he said 11words,"I love you, Grow Old With Me and the words you have never head me say, Will you marry me". Obviously, after much tears, sobbing and sweating, (bar napkins work great, by the way) I walked down the aisle to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", renewed our vows and we danced....and oh yeah, the thing I almost forgot...lol...I got my FIRST diamond. 2 diamonds on top to represent the 2 of us!. My only words were, The photographer then led us through the ship for 45 minutes taking tons of pictures. OK...now the distasteful part. They were SO EXPENSIVE, we chose the second least expensive....$850 for 30 8x10 pictures! No video offered.... I was shocked. I ordered them in the moment but by the time we walked up to our room, I knew there was NO WAY I would pay that much, even for such a special day. I cancelled the order and was VERY disappointed at the way RCL could take such advantage on such a special day that will never be repeated. Since we were on a back 2 back, we knew the photo department had a special on a "Photo Book" which actually prints pictures you choose along with ship pictures from during the cruise. The cost of this for 34 pictures was $179. This would now become our Wedding Album! We have cruised on many cruise lines but still prefer RCL.. The food we found to be better on Celebrity but we still keep going back to RCCL for the service and shipboard experiences. We love the Oasis Class and have reservations on the Harmony when it comes out. We are bringing his daughter and my daughter for an adventure of a lifetime. We will choose a Suite again, because I am afraid once you experience one, you don't go back. Cruising will become our retirement someday soon, but I just hope RCL's nickel and diming you to death will ease off. My husband Dwight, with RCCL's help, gave me a memory that will live with me forever. My husband is 65 and I am 61. We mainly cruise the Caribbean because we live in Florida and it's the lease expensive and most readily available cruises. Oh by the way, in case you are wondering, the vow renewal package costs just under $500 and my ring.....the most beautiful ring I've eve seen.

Kathleen Henry Buffalo, NY

I have been cruising for years with my husband, and also including our adult children and grandchildren. We only have cruised Carnival before cruising on Royal, so I can only compare them to Carnival. They are by far a better cruise line. Granted, there were some things we preferred on Carnival--like having a free beverage station available 24 hours for coffee, punch, ice tea, lemonade. You cant find that on Royal. I am sure that some things may have been eliminated on Carnival in recent years due to budget issues that all cruise lines endure, so that may not be available also. But Royal is a much superior experience, and until you sail other lines and then Royal, you have no idea. Our last cruise in Feb 2015 was on the Oasis. All I can say is WOW! 7 days was too short to do everything! Can't wait to cruise her again!

Barbara Pease Monkton, MD

Cruise # 6 coming up soon, can't wait. Love Royal!! What I hate are the passengers who haven't a clue what to do when the sailing gets rough, like in 40 foot seas with hurricane force winds. We are lucky that we do not get sick, and we are smokers so we are very limited in what area's we can use, so if you are getting sick, throwing up, please contain it to the restrooms or your cabin, I find your vomit on my shoes and clothing nothing short of poor seamanship. Royal was the best to offer to clean them for me. Food, entertainment, cabin stewards, bar tenders , dinning staff are the best, It is the passengers you have to watch out for. All 6 have been on Royal, we cruise both alone and in a group, and the entire group ( our largest was 36 ) was very pleased, a few of them have cruised other lines and always come back to Royal. Royal makes it easy for me to plan the group cruises. Always willing to go that extra nautical mile. My theory is, if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Brandy Mahmoud Hopatcong, NJ

Great time on the Gem out of NYC february 2014. Made the mistake of trying another cruise line in 2015, but wont' make that mistake again. The food was wonderful, many many choices, the rooms were clean, service was fantastic and the shows were awesome! Many things to do..never got bored. The balcony room was nice, but the bed was a bit uncomfortable. We didn't spend much time sleeping anyway..the promenade was really pleasant with late night food options and places to just sit, relax and have a hot drink. Would highly recommend this cruise line to anyone looking for a great stress free vacation.

Mildred Swaby Orlando, FL

Royal Caribbean is the best. I have never had a bad experience cruising with them. The food is always great, cabins are always nice and clean, and oh, my goodness, the friendliest staff ever, especially my room attendants, they are always so caring and friendly. January 2014 my room attendant, she was so awesome. She was so very special. And oh, my goodness, the entertainment is fantastic. Always have a good time. Royal Caribbean, you are the best! NO other cruise line can match what you have to offer. WAY TO GO ROYAL CARIBBEAN. YOU ARE NUMBER ONE FOR ME! LOVE ME SO ROYAL CARIBBEAN, FOR REAL! See you soon for my next relaxing vacation.

Kathy Lebanon, PA

We went on the Allure Of The Sea in March. We been on 4 other cruises RC and have enjoyed all of the cruises we've taken. Are cruise on AOTS was by far my favorite. There are so many different areas in this ship and we enjoyed all of them. We had a balcony room on the 8th floor which is the Central Park floor. We loved that floor. We did my time dining and we think that works great for us. I love planning when we want to eat. We had the same table area and the same waiters and bar waiter every night. They did an amazing job. All of the food was very good in the main dining room. We also ate in Isumi one night. If you like sushi it was very good. All of the shows were outstanding. Loved the premium package. Everything was paid before we went which was nice not having to worry how much you might be spending during the cruise. We only had a small balance for pictures we bought during the cruise. Love the pool area, we never had a problem finding chairs. The Aqua Show was great. There are many thing for families with children. But all the kids never bothered us. I would highly recommend this ship. I can't wait to do another cruise on this ship or Oasis Of The Sea. You will not be disappointed.

Floyd Cochran Harrisburg, PA

We will be taking our third cruise this Oct. on RC. Our other two were eastern and western Caribbean on the Jewel and the Freedom. We could not believe the service, food, drinks, and quality of the ships. This time we are doing a southern on the Jewel. As far as we are concerned there will be no other cruise line considered. There are three things I would recommend for the first timers. One is to get the insurance. Two weeks before our first I had a heart attack and had to cancel. We got every penny back except the cost of the insurance. Two book the Choice Air. It will make your life easy. Three buy the drink package. Which ever one you want but buy it. On our first cruise I heard a mans bar tab for the week. It was over half the cost of our cruise. I can not say enough about this cruise line. They are fantastic and we had a fantastic time on the ship and off the ship even just tubing down a river was fantastic. And get ready for the rum punch it is great

Shereda Coston Kissimmee, FL

We absolutely love RCI!!! Any ship, anytime, any destination. We started in 2010 choosing a cruise on the Independence for our second honeymoon. We will make Diamond status in September 2015. Since that first cruise we have not stopped cruising. We were treated like Royalty on each an every cruise. Our accommodations were always superb. We enjoy the complimentary and specialty eateries. the entertainment is top notch. We tried one other company for a different itinerary for a cheaper price. While we enjoyed those Southern Caribbean islands it was a noticeable difference in the cruise experience onboard. Yes we hope that RCI stops the price jacking but we know that going cheaper is not always best. We began cruising just the two of us, then later included our two children and they loved it. There is always an abundance of things to do, see, eat, or just relax. The All inclusive vacation is the best vacation and even better with RCI. Giving this a 10 does not do it justice. RCI is our brand of choice.

Coston KS Kissimmee, FL

We absolutely Love Royal Caribbean! Any of their ships and any of the itineraries. From the ice shows, water shows, Broadway shows, comedy, casino, pools, game shows, trivia, bingo, rock climbing, flight simulators, flow riders, mini golf, sports, bumper cars, roller skating, gym, spa, parties, parades, and much much more, there is ALWAYS something fun to do. There is something for every age group and no one is left out. We tried cruising other lines but it is just NOT the same for us. We have NEVER had a bad cruise but Royal Caribbean is top notch for us hands down. The price is a little higher than other lines but I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I have never regretted spending my money on an RCI cruise. There are no complaints from me. I have never experienced bad service on their ships. A few times I have experienced service that went above and beyond the call of service. The ships are all gorgeous. From The largest cruise ships in the world to their smallest ship, there's a ship class to fit anyone's needs. a Happy RCI Customer

Bob Ulrich Richmond, KY

Been on Royal Caribbean 10 times, number 11 comes in September. Although I like the Oasis class ships will probably pick the small ships in the future. The first cruise on Allure would most likely earn a 10+, but the second maybe 8. The windjamer was a mess on the second one with long lines to get a table. Tried just a couple times and wound up eating in the main dining room the rest of the cruise. Probably better on the waistline. Overall every cruise I have taken with them has been excellent, friendly crew, good food and good entertainment. Always plenty to do and in most cases the ships don't feel overcrowded (except for the windjammer). Will continue to cruise annually with them as long as I am able. Great Cruiseline.

Judith and Arthur Newton, NJ

Just got back from the Caribbean...Nassau..Coco Cay..Key West and Miami on Majesty of the Seas...A very nice ship..we were on deck 10 with balcony to watch everything....Love RC...this is our second time and it wont be out last.. From the entire crew..to the Stateroom Attendant Mr. Dyre Ordiz...who could not have been more attentive to our needs..to Merilyn and Jilmer our Servers in the Moonlight Restaurant...She was so sweet...taking care to remember what we like to drink...our favorite foods..and just being so helpful and courteous.All in all..it was a great cruise...everyone could not have been nicer....smooth sailing and great weather! Cant wait for next year to do another cruise!

Kylie Bishop Smithfield, UT

my experience with the Royal Caribbean was fantastic. they’re there costumer service was amazing and so was the food. they definitely made the trip one to remember. I would definitely recommend to someone that is looking for a good cruising line.

Lindsey Newman American Fork, UT

I would go on a cruise every single year if I could and it would be Royal Caribbean every single time! We have cruised with them three times now and it's been an incredible experience every single time. We took our kids with us on our last cruise and it was a trip that every one of us will remember. The ships are spacious and full of fun activities and the ports of call are well chosen and beautiful. Seamless and relaxing!

Barbara Essex Junction, VT

My first and only experience on Royal Caribbean left me wanting to return immediately. Royal Carribean bumped it's way up to my favorite cruise line. We like the smaller ships and chose to take a New England/Canada cruise leaving out of Boston. Boarding was very quick and efficient. Our rooms were not ready so we had to take our carry on luggage with us to the buffet... where we were all directed to go to wait. The food was wonderful, there were a lot of choices ..and lots of options to eat healthy. It was well laid out, so there wasn't a lot of congestion. The emergency drill was one of the least painful, and informative ones that I had ever experienced! Understandably they are necessary, but usually long, drawn out and tedious... to the point your mind wanders during the during the experience. Our room was nice, tho a bit smaller than we were used to.. Our room steward was wonderful, friendly and helpful, often going beyond the call of duty. Much to my dismay.... we were only able to get a early dinner seating... I wanted the flexibility to eat when I wanted. Much to my surprise ... this ended up being a wonderful experience. We sat with the same people every night, at a large table. We bonded with one of the couples, spending a fair amount of time with them during the rest of the cruise.Our waiters were dynamic.We could not have asked for better ones. They remembered our preferences each night... and while being very attentive... they each had a great sense of humor, which added to the fun. The food was great. Portions were good. We had breakfast and lunch in the buffet each day, it was varied, and never got old or boring.. which is a rarity on many lines. Nite life and activities were more geared to the 80's 90's- lots of trivia and games. Not much in the way of enrichment or crafts... Alas I had experienced better evening shows on other lines.. these shows were worthy of 2 stars out of 5. We had to be tendered in and out of Bar Harbor, again this was one of the better organized tendering experiences I had. I was sad... that RC was so rigid about us bringing food back on the ship tho. In all fairness we were warned ahead of time, so it was not a surprise. We traveled to 4 ports, all good choices. Let's see.... I didn't mention the demographics... There was a good balance of all ages.. from toddlers to seniors. There were 80 kids on the ship, however you rarely saw them... one of our dinner table companions was a teen, who raved about the teen programs available to her as well as the teen assigned staff. Last, but not least was the debarking.. Again this was one of the most organized least painful that I have ever encountered. We were assigned a group and a place to stay while we awaited out time to leave the ship. We were sent to a lounge where there was fresh coffee, tea and juices as well as fruit and pastries available to us while waiting. It was an overall wonderful experience.Once we were called... we were off the ship in minutes. An overall great experience, that I am eager to repeat.

Nancy Corpus Christi, TX

We just got back from cruising on the Oasis of the Seas! It was beyond our expectations! Everyone went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect! The food was fantastic as was the staff! Clifton was our stateroom attendant! He is an asset to Royal Caribbean! He went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed! Howard and Jude in the Casino were also awesome!!

Leslie Murr Johnson City, TN

Just completed my 5th RC cruise. Went to San Juan, St Maarten & St Kitts. As much as I enjoyed these ports, I enjoyed my time on board. Couldn't have asked for better wait staff. Especially my cabin steward and the waiter at table 344. Every employee I came in contact with went out of their way to make sure I had a wonderful cruise experience. It's easy to see how Royal Caribbean is named #1 for 13 years running. I'll be back.

Mary Ellen Smith Simsbury, CT

I'm loyal to Royal. Sailed six times with RCCL and loved every cruise The crew are all fantastic! The food is top shelf! The shows are Broadway quality! There is always a fun activity going on to join or watch! We are in our mid 80's and always are treated with respect and kindnesses! Fun fun fun!! See you next October for a 8 day to the Caribbean aboard the Anthem!⚓️⚓️

Basil Dave Woburn, MA

My family and I took a cruise on RC in 2008, Explorer of the Seas. I'll break my review into sections: Food: Good to very good. The average meal in the main dining room was very good but a limited choice. The "extra" dining was very good as well and worth the extra price. The buffets were just good. Sometimes things looked a little old and wilted. Service: Excellent. The staff was so friendly and responsive. The crew seemed happy to be working there. Other cruise lines I've been on, this has not been the case. The Ship: Explorer of the Seas is now one of their medium sized ships but it is still huge (1100 feet long)... The ship was in good shape, it ran very quietly. No discernible engine noise probably due to the fact that it uses the azipod engines. The ice rink and skating at sea was a lot of fun. There are many things to do on the ship and I enjoyed the fact that we had four days at sea. I loved just being on the ship. The Ports: All the ports were great except for the port in the Dominican Republic. My wife and I like to walk around, fortunately we left our daughter on the ship. Very scary... burnt out cars, people trying to sucker you into buying crazy jewelry, you needed to be accompanied by a "security" person. I think they have dropped this destination off their list. Overall: Our cruise was very good and leaving from NJ was even better. Saved us several thousand dollars not having to fly to Florida.

[email protected] Chattanooga, TN

The Royal Treatment is no myth! From the moment you board you are welcomed as though you were Royalty...All smiles what may I do for you? The accomodations are always clean bright and oh so comfortable. The Royal treatment does not wane during the entire voyage. The service is impecable, the food perfect and the entertainment is delightful! The perfect vacation!

Karin McMullen Fort Pierce, FL

We tried other lines but came back to RCL because they have the best service, the stewards (cabin, restaurants/bar) are super attentive, the food is delightful. The cabins are well appointed. Last year we celebrated our 40th Anniversary with kids and grand kids who were very impressed. We had to cancel this year because of sickness but are looking forward to May 2016 on the Freedom of the Seas, again.

Pam Caverly Mooresville, NC

We have cruised 5 times with RCL. We Did Freedom of the Seas the first two times and they were both Fabulous! The third was Independence of the seas and also fabulous. Then we did Allure and although the ship was Gorgeous, it was a bit big for our liking and we felt the service was compromised due to the number of passengers, but was still very enjoyable. The last one was this past summer on the Adventure of the Seas and it was a great experience as well. We did feel that the drinks offered were watered down due to being poured to far ahead of time, and the ship was a bit crowded for us. We will be taking a another in a month on The Vision of the Seas and looking forward to trying a smaller ship to see how it compares to the others. So Far Freedom is by far our favorite and the service on the Freedom was Superb! We also felt that the pre paid tipping promotes a lacking in service from the staff. We will tip as we go in the future

Sheila Vashon, WA

Traveled on Radiance of the Seas September 2015 to Hawaii. this was our first cruise. all i can say is WOW. already booked another RCL cruise for next spring. loved every aspect. room was spacious and clean. common spaces were nice. food was exceptional. and the service was the best i have had of any kind of service industry. can't wait to sail again. will be loyal to royal.

George Bellevue, WA

Top Notch Experience! The ship, the food, the staff, the staterooms, entertainment - all wonderful. Sailed on the 7 night Western Mediterranean Cruise on the Allure of the Seas in September 2015. The ship is massive and it surprisingly does not feel crowded despite the number of crew and passengers she holds. Definitely take advantage of the specialty restaurants, the little extra you pay is well worth the money!

Kaye Beavers Lewis Georgetown, TX

I traveled on Navigator of the Seas in late April 2015 to Western Caribbean. I thoroughly enjoyed my first cruise. The service, activity and complete courteousness of all staff, that I had experiences with, will make me travel again with Royal Caribbean as soon as I have the funds to do so. On my next cruise I want to book a room with a balcony! It will take me a while to save the money, but that is my goal. I have given terrific reviews to numerous people who inquired about my trip. Terecia K. Lewis

Pauline Nichols Tuttle, OK

We traveled on the Navigator in Western Caribbean. Our sailing experience was one of relaxation and pleasure. All staff were friendly, caring, and professional. The food and drinks were outstanding and scrumptious. The ship was very clean and inviting. No staff stood around idle. They were always filling a costumer need, or cleaning and sanitizing. We look forward to another Royal Caribbean sailing. The sooner the sailing, the happier I will be.

Sharon Clinton Township, MI

We have done 6 RCCL cruises, 1 Celebrity and 1 Princess cruise....by far the Celebrity was the best..it is the next ship upgrade of RCCL with Azamara being the high end of RCCL ships....we are trying the Oasis of the Seas on Feb 20--27/2016...this is the largest ship and we are hoping it is worth the extra $$$'s they charge...we have done Bermuda, the Mediterrannean and all of the Caribbean..the last 2 times on RCCL we found the staff not as friendly and the food not as good as our previous trips, so that is when we tried Princess and then Last year Celebrity..like I said we hope this being a new ship things will be better... ie: service , food

Ken Hooper Palm Desert, CA

My Cruise experience started aboard Monarch of the Seas and I was hooked. Since then I have sailed on Enchantment, Adventure, Freedom and Oasis. I am loyal to Royal. The Ships are impressive, the Staff top Notch and the food and beverage service outstanding. I have traveled with Friends that booked on Carnival and Princess and so we went and all times we were disappointed and said never again, RCCL, All The Way! Anthem is Next!

Donna R. Lafayette, LA

This was our first cruise. It was Sept 13th to 20th on Navigator of the Seas to the Western Caribbean. It was an awesome experience. The ship was beautiful and the crew was wonderful, friendly and helpful. we had a great time on shore and our days at sea were great with many activities we could attend or shows to go to. Especially the comedy shows, the game shows and the ice skating show. We LOVED IT and plan to take another cruise so we can make more awesome memories.

Cyndi Temple City, CA

I had such a fun time with the unlimited photo package. Every night there'd be several photo opportunities and I got to know who could take the best pictures of me. The package also included the pictures they took of us boarding the ship and the ones at all the ports. Really fun! The service by other staff was pretty good, as well. From putting your napkin in your lap, to person attention from the cruise director. The crew couldn't change the fact that the sea was stormy and a lot of us got sick the last night. The only downside to my trip, was all the little extras. We had to pay extra for soda, Internet, shuttles in port, etc. But then there was always a free food opportunity on-board 24-7.

Mark Lewis Portland, OR

I have cruised more than 20 times and most are on Royal Caribbean due to the great service and beautiful ships. Been on all classes of ships they have and ties are the Radiance class and Oasis class ships. Radiance class are just beautiful and no too big. Oasis class is just big and fun. The service on all is good however Navigator of the Seas is absolutely amazing top notch with the service.

Frank Vanis Summerfield, FL

We have gone on ten cruises on the Freedom of The Sea, two on the Mariner of The Sea. Every single one was incredible. The service was fantastic and the on board experience wonderful. Sadly, my wife passed away this last March although she had already booked our next cruise. I will be contacting RCCL hoping to make arrangements to have her ashes spread at sea. It was her last wish and I will honor it by taking her on our last cruise together. All in all we have never been disappointed and if you have never gone on a cruise I highly recommend the experience.

Sharon Lindner Manorville, NY

We've had three cruises with RCCL. The 1st one was an absolute nightmare. We had our then 10 month old son with us and there was no where to change him in the common areas, I was also basically a hostage on the ship because I couldn't attend shows with him, I couldn't go in the pools, etc. No one was willing to watch him during the cruise and there was no real play area for him. There was also no babysitters onboard for children under 1 year and the ones that were onboard were $20 a hour (compared to the $8 an hour they advertised on their website). I can't explain enough how miserable I was on that cruise. The next two I took WITHOUT my children and there were minimal complaints for those trips. I get it I wasn't booking with Disney Cruise Line but it was in no way child friendly. Since I do have small kids, the potential of taking a cruise on a RCCL ship as a "family" is slim to none and get aways with my husband solo is not something we can do easily or affordably.

Mary Siniard

his cruise as my very 1st. It will NOT BE MY LAST~ I had a ball! We were on the Freedom of the Seas. It was more than Awesome and the staff was way beyond great. The Medical Staff was almost MIRICLE WORKES. The Food was Heavenly and the wait staff was excellent. We had Kirk and Lincoln and I will ask for them the next time II go! Thank you all for such a Great Birthday .I will be back as soon aspossible!

John Sousa Cumberland, RI

We have traveled with Royal Caribbean 15 times and every cruise was awesome ...definitely a 10. We have done three 3 night cruises in Europe (excellent), Alaska, Bermuda, Bahamas and the rest were in the Caribbean. From the food, service, entertainment, ports of call, tours, etc ... excellent. Love their ships. That's the reason why we keep going back to RCCL, as well as Celebrity (3) which is part of RCI. No better deal for the money you spend.

Carlene Stephens West Chester, OH

We have been on 11 cruises of which 4 were on Celebrity, 7 were on Royal Caribbean ships. I will again be aboard an RC ship in January 2015. I have never had a bad cruise with any of the ships we've been on. The accomodations were fantastic, the service inpeccable, and the food outstanding. We even had the opportunity to tour the kitchen with the chef as our guide on Independence of the Seas. We will probably never cruise on anything but these lines.

Indu Yadav and Joseph Celestin Medford, NY

Sailed on Independence of the sea on 8/30/15 for 7 days. our wedding anniversary cruise. we were given a champagne bottle in our room on the day of our anniversary. Dining room staff--Rajeev and sixitoo from Philippine's was our server who sang and played guitar for us for our anniversary which made it special for us. we sailed several other cruise lines , our 12th cruise . we had a wonderful time at Independence of the sea. Except in St Martin we had bugs in our balcony and in our room, but the housekeeping had spray and changed of our linens by the time came back to our room after dinner. even though some bugs still left in he balcony and we were too afraid to use our balcony most of the cruise, felt waste our money on the balcony and couldn't even use it. Beside the bugs our overall experience was good on aboard he ship. will like to try again Royal Caribbean cruise for out next cruise.

Edward Ryan Merritt Island, FL

Just got off the bote...Enchantment of the Seas, It was as close to a perfect cruise as one could have. Even the weather cooperated. The Stateroom and Dining Room service was outstanding. Food was excellent, and the entertainment and activities were special. We've cruised 14 times with RCCL, and 20 times overall since 1989. We like it so much we're going back again next March. A great vacation value.

Andy & Sandy Elk Grove, CA

WE LOVE ROYAL CARIBBEAN, Upgraded to a suite since we had the daughter with us. Near the Concierge Lounge, free appetizers, alcohol and non alcohol beverages, and absolutely Great Concierge who helped with tour reservations on and off ship, and anything else we needed. Amazing, not even Princess had this service ! Awaiting to book our next cruise to Brazil

carol Schoharie, NY

we have sailed RCCL 15 times enjoyed everyone sailed princess 2x ncl 2x but that was in the past once we sailed on RCCL we were hooked we are going on our 16th in oct. We are 14 nights away from Diamond plus We love sailing out of NJ wish you had more ships going out of there the new ships are wonderful but we liked the Exployer we sailed her 7x so thats why we are going on the LIBERTY in oct. keep up the good work

Alisandro Ozuna Lafayette, CA

We only cruise on Royal Caribbean and have never had a bad experience. We started cruising in 1993 on the Majesty of the Seas and have cruised on every size ship RCI has. We have our next cruise scheduled on the Anthem of the Seas. The staff has always been very accommodating. The meals, the ports we visit, the tours, have always met and exceeded our expectations. We will remain loyal to RCI.

Tanya Canada Spring Hill, FL

LOVE the Oasis! What a ship! Best vacation ever! The Freedom was also a great ship. Non-stop fun and unique things to do, or you can lay around and be lazy. I found that hard to do, because I wanted to experience everything. I never felt like I was in a crowd. Always somewhere to sit. Never waited to be seated at dinner more than a few minutes. Amazing staff. Our balcony room was spotless, plenty of room to unpack. Food was amazing. Love it!

Geraldine Brooks Warner Robins, GA

I have sailed on one other Cruise Line and I can honestly say that no one can top RC. The cabins are always clean, food is great, the entertainment is top shelf. If you have a question about anything, all you have to do is ask a member of the crew and the Captain was always visible. Everyone in the crew is extremely friendly. The excursion trips are great, there was something for everyone in every port. I am greatly looking forward to my next cruise with RC.

Stephen W Kennedy Santa Fe, NM

My wife and I have been on three cruises in the Western Carribbean on three different ships - two Royal Carribbean, one Celebrity. The service was excellent, as was the food. The quarters were well-maintained. The ship was kept in immaculate shape. The shows and entertainment were excellent. Royal Carribbean is a great cruise line. The staffs are very courteous, well-trained, helpful, and cordial.

Laura Shelly Retzer Random Lake, WI

We have cruised Carnival twice, Celebrity once and Royal Caribbean five times (soon to be six as the end of September). RCI is BY FAR the superior cruise line. The service is impeccable and the décor always kept fresh and clean. The food is amazing and I love the drink package options (no surprise bill at the end of the cruise!). I have never been disappointed with the entertainment and amenities even on their smaller ships - and I have been on the small, medium AND largest ones (hoping to sail the Quantum soon!)

Darrell & Delfia Duke Dumas, TX

My husband and I, our children, spouses and grandchildren with a total group of 14, took a Royal Carribean Cruise on the Freedom of The Seas in Aug. 2015. Although an amazing first time cruise for most of our family members, we were not aware of additional fees for tips. This was our only complaint,( the automatic 18% gratuity). It was very expensive with a big group as ours. They did not explain this to us when we booked the cruise. Very important to know. It will cost you additional hundreds of dollars extra in just TIPS. This is charged to your credit card on file. Although we purchased the package for each of us to order drinks anytime we wanted, they charge you tips at 18% gratuity for each beer, fruity tropical drinks and wine etc. that you order. Also, you are charged gratuity per person at the dinner table every night. But the service was EXCELLENT from housekeepers, restaurant managers, waiters, bartenders and deck patrol, etc. On a possitive note, We would highly recommend Royal Carribean. It was still truly an amazing CRUISE TO REMEMBER !!!