Princess Cruises Logo

Princess Cruises

7.1

LAST UPDATED: March 22nd, 2021
Princess Cruise Line's claim to fame began when it appeared in the 1977 hit television show, "The Love Boat." Princess Cruise Lines blends indoor and outdoor amenities with style. Ships feature multiple pools and hot tubs, adult-only sun decks, plenty of fitness facilities, and spacious accommodations. At night, guests can watch movies under the stars while enjoying complimentary popcorn.

The Good

• Great entertainment options
  • Spacious facilities
  • World-wide destinations

Entertainment Options

Plenty of nighttime entertainment options are available. Live bands play at three separate show times in the indoor lounges and bars. Strolling performers entertain guests at the Piazza. Diners can enjoy magicians, sword-swallowers, and guitarists while sampling vintage wines and dining on gourmet meals. There are plenty of activities for kids and teenagers to enjoy. Programs for both are available. Kids and teens can compete against each other in many sports competitions. There are plenty of pools. Kids will never get bored when sailing Princess Cruise Lines. Also standard on all ships for adults to enjoy include:
  • Your choice of Anytime or Traditional Dining
  • The Piazza
  • Casino
  • Boutiques
  • Art Auctions
  • Lotus Spa

Spacious Facilities

Even though certain ships can host over 3,000 passengers, the atmosphere never feels crowded or cramped. The friendly and professional staff are always ready to assist the needs of traveling guests. Accommodations are spacious and guests are sure to appreciate the luxurious amenities. Princess Cruise Lines feature the best facilities for persons with disabilities.

Dining Options

Guests can choose traditional dining times with prearranged scheduling and seating or anytime dining, which allows for flexible dining at any restaurant until 10 p.m. Princess Cruises contain a wide selection of tasty cuisine to choose from. Options include Italian, Cajun-Creole, steaks and seafood, and Japanese Cuisine. At least two or more formal nights are required on board for cruises lasting seven days or longer. The rest of the time, the dress code is casual. Specialty restaurants require slacks, suits, and dresses when dining. Be sure to pack accordingly.

Destinations

There are also a number of destinations to choose from when traveling with Princess Cruises, which include:
  • Alaska
  • Mexico
  • Panama Canal
  • South America
  • South Pacific

The Bad

• Cover charges
  • Limited featured trips
  • Not all activities are included

Cover Charges

Cover charges apply at specialty restaurants. You will want to make reservations prior to boarding, especially if you want to dine on a formal night. Princess also provides a five-course private balcony stateroom dinner and a Champagne balcony brunch for an additional fee. Exclusive meals at the Chef's Table cost $95 per person.

Limited Featured Trips

With so many cruise ships and destinations to choose form, one would think that there would be more specialty cruises available. Princess only offers two unique featured trips which include:
  • Seven days from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy to Barcelona, Spain from $498 per person
  • Ten days from Fairbanks to Vancouver, British Columbia $898-$4000 per person

Not all Activities are Included

Long lines are normal on Princess Cruise Lines. Since the ships are very large, it is easy to get lost aboard the ship. Offshore excursions are not included in the price of the cruise. Be aware that not all activities are included in the price of your cruise.

The Bottom Line

Princess Cruise Lines is perfect for travelers of all ages. There is plenty of activities for children and teenagers to enjoy. Persons with disabilities will find Princess Cruise Lines to be the best fit for their unique medical needs. Adults can relax kid-free on specific areas of the ship. Prices are affordable for any budget. Packages and special offers are available online. We recommend trying Princess Cruise Lines for your next big adventure.

CoasterRider Show Low, AZ

I love traveling on Princess Cruise Lines. I highly recommend them if you like cruising in luxury and comfort. Their ships have fun amenities that add an extra layer of fun.

Amber Saratoga Springs, UT

We did the Panama Canal cruise through Princess. While it was a great cruise, the ship had some problems. It had a very musty smell in parts of the ship. Also, I feel like Princess Cruises really caters to the very Elderly crowd which is great if your old. I was the youngest person on the ship at 38 years. I was glad my kids were not with me because they would have been bored out of their minds. Not much offered for the kiddos.

Christopher Haueter Salt Lake City, UT

Went on a cruise with my family to Alaska and we had a blast. The food was so great and the entertainment was pretty good. Just not a bad choice when choosing a cruise line. The ship wasn't as fancy as others might be and this particular cruise catered to the older folk so activities for younger kids wasn't great but luckily our family is older with really young kids so we loved it.

Shante Reeder Ogden, UT

Princess is definitely more of a luxury cruise line! We have traveled with Princess several times on an adults only vacation, and it's never disappointed! Very clean, great crew, and such a fun time!

stevey shumway Lehi, UT

The Princess Cruise that I went on a year ago was very fun. The ship was clean and provided my group with a great experience. I would recommend this cruisline to friends. You get what you pay for- great customer service anywhere you go on the ship as well.

Lindsay H. Draper, UT

I went on an Alaskan cruise through Princess with my family a few years ago. There was a lot of fun stuff to do on the ship, including pools, mini golf, and shows. The food was all really good too, except for the flan. Would not recommend ordering the flan.

Steve Jones Riverton, UT

We've been on two Princess cruises, Alaska and Mexican Riviera, and thoroughly enjoyed both of them. So many onboard activities to choose from and we also enjoyed our time off the ship. The crew was kind and helpful, and the staterooms were nice and spacious. Highly recommend!

Ron Vincent Magna, UT

We’ve done a lot of cruises through several cruise lines. I’ve been satisfied for the most part with Princess. The service, entertainment and food has declined since our first cruise with them. Friendly staffing but it’s obvious that staffing had been cut. We like when there is food available throughout the cruise even late in the evening. It has been very limited the last few cruises. The room service has been wonderful!! The room service and dinner personnel has ALWAYS been OUTSTANDING!!

Dawn Grand Blanc, MI

I’ve been on 5 Princess cruises and never disappointed. The ships are very clean and staff has is always very courteous. I like that they have preferred customer discounts and perks. The more we cruise with them, the better value.

James Crawley New York, NY

Several years ago my family went on a cruise down to Mexico from LA and had a great time! The ship was really new and nice and the crew was great. The food was better than I was expecting and there were lots of fun things to do for me and all my siblings of varying ages. Would highly recommend!

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

I had a great time on my princess cruise, but I contribute that more to the excursions I took and that my whole family was onboard. There were no amenities aside from two regular swimming pools and a basketball court right next to the garbage.

Sandi Burkinshaw South Jordan, UT

Went on Princess Cruise as an adult family trip with my cousins. Our cruise director told us we lowered the average age by ten years! It was fun to spend time chatting with the older generation and learning to dance. Food is the best cruise food I've ever had. Shows were entertaining.

Melanie Johnston Las Vegas, NV

I thought the over-all experience was amazing. The variety of activities made for a complete experience. the food was delicious, the shows were entertaining and the access to activities was vastly varied.

Dwhoush Slidell, LA

I went on a princess cruise in Alaska and it was the best experience of my life so far! The food, entertainment, and the staff was great! The facilities on the ship were also top notch!

P Crawley Pleasant Grove, UT

Princess Saphire is the first cruise we went on and it was the best vacation we ever had. I loved not having to cook food all week. My kids had a blast and it was so relaxing.

Natalie Dillon Provo, UT

I had the best experience on Princess. Everything was so well organized, and we didn't have a single problem the whole cruise. We were pampered the entire time and for a great price!

Denise H. Mona, UT

We took our family on a Princess cruise to Alaska. It was a wonderful experience! Loved the dining options and the food was great. Would highly recommend.

Mary Gutman Dayton, OH

We love Princess and have a cruise planned for Fall, 2015. We cruised three times on Princess and feel the service and amenities are great. Never had a bad experience.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

I loved using Princess Cruises to visit Alaska, I was able to knock many items off my bucket list at once. Very professional cruise, very easy to enjoy.

Adam Crawley Pleasant Grove, UT

I went on a princess cruise several years ago. I enjoyed the food and entertainment; however, the adult and child entertainment didn't always seem properly separated. In addition, the rooms were rather small and dull.

Tyler Jenkins Jackson, MS

Princess Cruises has been so good to me and my family. We always have the best time on the ship due to incredible service and great food!

Cher Bur Avon, IN

I've cruised twice with Princess. 15 years ago I would of given 5 stars. After my cruise in 2019 I give them 3 stars. Quality has seriously decreased. All food was a disappointment accept for the steak house.

Bryndie Managua, MN

Really beautiful ship. Great amenities and very nice customer service. The app makes it so convenient to have access to your room and on board purchases.

Connor Farmington, UT

I've been on a Princess cruise down to Mexico and it was one of the funnest trips of my life. The quality of these cruises can't be matched.

Martha Sensiba Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ

Princess is my favorite cruise line. I have sailed with them many times and have always loved it. Good service and good food.

Rocio Diaz Jacksonville, FL

Took this cruise to Alaska. Amazing views and amenities, however food and staff could have been better. My family and I overall enjoyed it.

Cara Shumway Mesa, AZ

It was incredible!! The ship has so much to offer, the staff was amazing, activities and food were amazing!!!

Rosson Shumway Phoenix, AZ

I have been on five different cruise lines and princess is the absolute winner and most luxurious and clean

Amanda Salt Lake City, UT

Went on an Alaskan cruise last summer. It was beautiful!! The entertainment on the ship in the evenings was odd and left us wanting something else.

Jacob American Fork, UT

Princess Cruises are high quality and often quieter cruises. Going to lots of foreign places, Princess Cruises are great for traveling the world.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

I liked my Princess Cruise, but I wasn't a fan of the food on board. I'm not usually a picky eater, but I felt like too many things tasted like preservatives.

J Crawley Provo, UT

We enjoyed our cruising experience on Princess. The boat was comfortable and the service was consistently good. The menu choices were plentiful and the food was good too.

Karina Aguilar Managua, MN

princess cruises caters to a medium aged crowd and offers a good amount of short and long term cruises

MaryAnn Hagblom Salt Lake City, UT

Great ships, great food, great service! Feel like they are higher end ships. They feel cleaner

Roman Christiansen Pleasant Grove, UT

Would definitely recommend! The boat was so nice and accommodated me with everything I needed!

Carter Lehi, UT

There’s a lot of old grumpy people but all said and done it was a good experience.

Juliann Mecham Managua, MN

The cruise company took care of all my needs while I stayed in alaska, a great time

Kayla South Jordan, UT

First time cruising and impressed with the how efficient they operate. Great food

Courtney carlson South Jordan, UT

Loved our princess cruise. The ship was nice and the food was very good. Love their ports too.

Tom Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

A larger cruise line with larger ships, fair quality of services, and average pricing

Sandra Jensen American Fork, UT

Nice cruise line. Right up there among the best.