Oceania Cruises has two classes of ships in its fleet of six ships. The difference between the two classes is that one has extra restaurants and amenities. Oceania Cruises attracts affluent travelers seeking luxurious accommodations and amenities. The target market is generally older travelers age 50 or older. Oceania Cruises travels to popular destinations such as the Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Europe, Mediterranean, and more. Plenty of travel packages are available for those desiring to travel to more than one destination location. Free upgrades and airfare amenities are also provided in certain packages.
- Casual dress code
- Dining options
- Activities and entertainment
Casual Dress Code
The dress code is country club casual. The décor features dark mahogany wood and colorful carpets. The atmosphere is generally very quiet. Jazz music is often played in the background. Announcements are kept to a bare minimum. There are no large crowds and accommodations are spacious. Staff members are friendly and professional.
Oceania Cruises offers a wide range in duration for its cruise lengths. Typical journeys last seven days. However, there are journeys that last up to 180 days for those who are interested in traveling around the world. Oceania Cruises provides plenty of special offers to make cruises incredibly affordable. They also travel to a number of destinations providing guests with multiple options. These cruise destinations include:
- Australia and New Zealand
- Baltic and Scandinavia
- Canada and New England
- Caribbean, Panama Canal, and Mexico
- South America
- South Pacific and Tahiti
Open-seating dining is available. The three specialty restaurants onboard do not incur extra charges. Asian, French, and Italian cuisine are the main staples. Afternoon tea is served daily. Guests can also brush up on their culinary skills by taking an enrichment class onboard. Plenty of offshore excursions are available at extra cost.
Activities and Entertainment
Oceania Cruises feature extensive libraries onboard. Art classes and many other enrichment programs are also offered. Evening activities consist of conversing with fellow passengers, participating in karaoke or dancing the night away, and enjoying Broadway styled shows. Before reaching ports of call, guests are educated in the history and culture of the upcoming destination. Standard amenities found on all ships include:
- FREE airfare guaranteed regardless of airfare price increases
- Multiple open-seating gourmet dining venues, at no additional charge
- FREE and unlimited soft drinks, bottled water, cappuccino, espresso, teas, and juices
- Port-intensive itineraries featuring must-see destinations and boutique ports
- Overnight stays and evening departures for extended exploration
- Luxurious yet relaxed country club ambiance
- Spacious, sumptuously appointed suites and staterooms, 85% with private verandas
- 24-hour Butler service in all suites
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub® treatments and cuisine
- Dedicated concierges for personalized service
- Highly-trained staff selected from internationally acclaimed 5-star hotels and restaurants
- Smoke-free environments throughout ships
Spas are operated by Canyon Ranch and provide premium services for relaxation and rejuvenation. Free use of a thalassotherapy whirlpool on one of the three smaller ships is available with purchase of a spa treatment. The fitness center onboard features Yoga, Pilates, and aerobic classes.
- Not for Children
- Service fees
Not for Children
Activities are geared for senior citizens. Activities include shuffleboard, table tennis, and board games. Casinos are small, with plenty of slot machines. There are no children's programs
or activities. Socializing with fellow passengers appears to be the most important focus of the onboard experience.
Many of the complaints stem from the service fees charged. These fees include but are not limited to the following:
- There will be a charge for single occupancy of 200 percent of the double occupancy suite or stateroom fare.
- Government taxes, port expenses, fees, and onboard service charges are additional.
- For guests occupying staterooms, gratuities of $16.00 per guest, per day will be added.
- For guests occupying Penthouse, Oceania, Vista or Owner's Suites where Butler Service is provided, gratuities of $23.00 per guest, per day will be added.
- In addition, an 18 percent service gratuity is automatically added to all beverage purchases, spa services and dinner at La Reserve. Naturally, guests may adjust gratuities while on board the vessel at their sole discretion.
- Onboard dry cleaning and laundry services are offered. Both regular and express services are available at an additional fee.