1. Norwegian Cruise Line

Norwegian Cruise Lines offers freestyle cruising, allowing guests to do what they want when they want. Dine-in choice restaurants featuring all types of flavorful cuisines, or participate in any of the onboard activities whenever you want. There is no scheduled seating, no preset dining times, and no enforced dress codes. 24-hour room service is available for dining inside your room.

The Good

• Entertainment for all ages
  • First class amenities
  • Many destinations to choose from

Entertainment for all Ages

There are a variety of onboard amenities for travelers of all ages. Activities for adults include spa and salon treatments, fitness classes, casinos, and bars and lounges. Programs for children and teenagers are available where they can enjoy arts and crafts, play video games, participate in pool parties, and compete in sports tournaments.

There are also plenty of unique activities to enjoy onboard Norwegian Cruise Lines. Guests can participate in comedy workshops, take dance lessons, or learn bartending and cooking skills. Wine and beer tastings are available. Children can dance and sing with Dora the Explorer, or have breakfast with SpongeBob Square Pants.

Norwegian tries to accommodate a number of different guests on each and every cruise. They have options for single guests, couples, and families traveling together. Cruises are available from one night to 48 days and offered year round.

Destinations

• Destinations include: Alaska, Bahamas and Florida, Bermuda, Canada and New England, Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera, Pacific Coast, Panama Canal, South America, Transatlantic, and Weekend Cruises

Featured Cruise Trips

• Seven Day Bermuda, Round-trip New York Starting From $999/USD Per Person: With pink sand beaches, colorful underwater life, and fantastic shopping, it's a good thing you'll have the chance to treasure everything this pristine isle has to offer. Adventures in Bermuda also include some of the world's most exclusive golf courses.
  • Six Day Canada & New England from New York Starting From $699/USD Per Person: Cruisers will experience delectable local fare and coastlines so picturesque you'll stand back in amazement. Enjoy a mouthwatering lobster lunch in Halifax, visit the Bay of Fundy in St. John, and watch sailboats pull into the harbor in Portland, Maine. New England brings on the charm, while Canada offers stunning natural landscapes on this six day Norwegian cruise.

Cruises to the Caribbean, Alaska, Mexico, and Europe

• Caribbean: $349-$1,949 per person
  • Alaska: $399-$2,029 per person
  • Mexico: $449-$1,089 per person
  • Europe: $299-$3,799 per person

Amenities

All meals are included in the price of the cruise except for meals purchased at specialty restaurants. Reservations can be made up to three months prior to departure. Even with a reservation, expect waiting times upon arrival at the restaurant. You can expect to find all types of cuisine onboard the ship. Computerized screens throughout public areas tell guests how busy a restaurant is and if there is any available seating. Other amenities included on all cruise ships include:

• Personalized service
  • 24-hour trained and certified suite butler
  • Concierge service
  • Courtyard valet
  • Escort to your suite
  • Exclusive access to The Haven Courtyard area with private pool, sundeck, hot tub and fitness area
  • Priority embarkation and disembarkation
  • Distinctive platinum keycard
  • Priority boarding of tenders to shore
  • Complimentary limousine service from pier to airport (for Garden Villa guests)
  • Sparkling wine, bottled water, and fruit on embarkation day (For two bedroom villa, Courtyard Penthouse, Spa Suite, and Penthouse only)
  • 24-hour room service
  • Mini-bar and espresso/cappuccino machine
  • Special Haven Menus
  • Gourmet treats delivered to your suite each evening
  • Invitations to an exclusive breakfast and lunch
  • Cocktail party with ship's officers
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian pillow-top mattress
  • Fine linens, feather duvet, and pillow
  • Plush bathrobes, slippers, and oversized towels

Safety

Norwegian Cruise Lines also takes the safety of their guests seriously. They have implemented a number of precautions to make sure that both their staff and the travelers are not exposed to anything that could threaten their health. These precautions include:

• Norwegian Cruise Lines collect health questionnaires at the pier to identify anyone that already has symptoms and place detailed health information fact sheets in each stateroom at embarkation. These fact sheets outline potential symptoms of concern and instructs guests on what to do if they are experiencing those symptoms.
  • Once onboard, Norwegian Cruise Lines recommends and requests that all guests carefully observe the good hygiene practice of washing their hands before eating and after using the restroom. They also encourage frequent use of the hand sanitizer dispensers strategically located throughout the ship.
  • If a guest is diagnosed as having any symptoms, they are asked to stay in their stateroom until their symptoms abate. They receive free medical treatment and medications.

Accommodations

There are a number of accommodations to choose from. Garden Villas provide panoramic views of the ocean, roof terraces and private Japanese-styled gardens. Owner's Suites come equipped with queen-sized beds, living rooms, whirlpool tubs and walk-in closets. Penthouse Suites, Ocean View Staterooms, and Inside Staterooms are also available. Rooms come equipped with all the standard amenities to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience while onboard.

The Bad

• High cover fees for restaurants
  • Long lines for all activities
  • Can be very crowded

High Fees and Long Lines

Norwegian's specialty restaurants charge a $15 to $99 per person cover fee apart from the cost of the meals. Expect to stand in long lines for all activities onboard including dining options. Announcements are frequent and loud.

Large Crowds

Accommodations in standard cabins are a bit smaller than other cruise lines. Since Norwegian ships can accommodate a large number of guests, expect large crowds. If this is a problem for you, you can choose to upgrade to a first-class section where it is more spacious to get around.

No Offshore Excursions

Offshore excursions are not included in the price. Be prepared to pay lots of extra charges for dining options, beverages, and some of the activities during the length of your cruise.

The Bottom Line

Norwegian Cruise Lines is a great choice for family-friendly entertainment. The freestyle cruising experience provided by Norwegian Cruise Lines allow families to relax and enjoy their vacation without being tied down to strict rules. The only downsides are the long lines and expensive meals. However, there are plenty of activities for children, teenagers, and adults to enjoy. Norwegian Cruise Lines is also an excellent choice for single passengers as well as an inexpensive way to travel to desired exotic locations worldwide. We recommend booking a cruise with Norwegian Cruise Lines.

4.1

John Folz

August 2nd, 2015 Central Islip, NY

I love cruising in general and am booked on the inaugural cruise of NCL's Escape. I'm a Platinum Latitudes member with NCl having been on: What was The Norwegian Sea, The Dawn ( 2x ) Star (3x ) Gem, Jade, Epic, Breakaway, Pride of America, Getaway. I have always come back looking for more. They have always exceled in the entertainment category, especially on the new ships.

Leesa Hudson

August 1st, 2015 Lynchburg, VA

Our best cruise experience was on NCL. The ship was wonderful but what made this and A1 trip was the staff. I don't care what their station was professionally they would stop everything to make sure you were comfortable or able to find what you needed. No other line was this accomadating. The staff remembers you and actually start to treat you like family. Asking about your excursions, comfort, etc. I wish I could always cruise with NCL. Wish they left out of Charleston SC or Norfolk VA so we didn't have the long drive (hubby won't fly) but the drive is worth the extra love we get on NCL.

Brenda L. Knoll

August 1st, 2015 Endicott, NY

We cruised on NCL Pearl in March. Since it was our first cruise ever, I cannot compare other cruise lines, but we loved the freestyle cruising. The entire staff and crew were wonderful on the Pearl. We had such a great time that we are cruising on the Gem in January. The other cruise lines never appealed to us because we don't want the structure of when you have to eat and that you have to "dress" up for dinner. We are too laid back for that. We like to make our own decision of when to eat and what to wear!!

Stephanie Carter-Skidmore

August 1st, 2015 Lakeland, FL

LOVE NCL!! have done 2 cruises with them and have already booked my 3rd one with them or next year !!

Lynn Christilaw

July 31st, 2015 Bay City, MI

I've been on 3 NCL cruises. My 4th is on the Epic next month. I love free style cruising. There are great food options that are included in your passage. You need not upgrade to enjoy the experience. I've been on the Epic and Getaway when they were full and never felt the crowd.. I never stood in line for more than a few minutes. Staff/ crew always very friendly, helpful, professional. Thank you NCL- see you in Spain!

Don Kauffman

July 31st, 2015 Wilmington, DE

My wife and I have been on the Breakaway 2 times and both times we were nothing but pleased with all of the friendly staff. We have been on another cruise line but will stay with NCL for the rest of our cruises.

Georgann Fetten

July 31st, 2015 Bronx, NY

Sailed on the Gem, Jewel and Breakaway. best vacations I have ever had. Like the smaller ships (Gem). Been sailing on NCL since 2007.

darryl tilden

July 31st, 2015 Minneapolis, MN

my first cruise and I'm hooked on cruising., took another immediately after my return from 1st one......if i get same deal from Last Minute Cruise, i will take a couple more this winter and i'm taking Girlfriend & Mother...............if not i will be shopping around......can i get a better deal for all 3 of us in a suite???

Jane C.

July 31st, 2015 Brick, NJ

Our 2 out of 3 cruise experiences with NCL was wonderful!! Had a wonderful time on the Gem !! Food was decent (surprised) and service was great!! Only complaint was the handicapped accessible oceanview room was too small for my husband to turn the scooter around making it very UNaccessible!! I called the desk and they were able to switch rooms to a balcony handicapped accessible cabin. That's a good reason for people to make sure that if you truly DO NOT need a handicapped room...please leave it for people who do!!! Thank goodness we were able to switch! Our experience on the Breakaway was a disaster!! NOT handicapped friendly!! Way too big and guests were so rude!! Only 2 banks of elevators and trying to get one in a scooter was nearly impossible b/c people would run to the first open door and not hold it for someone who had been waiting in a wheelchair or scooter!! Our aft balcony cabin was spacious enough, however, there were still bugs to work out regarding the handicapped door that would not open when button was pushed!! Couldn't get out of room!! Service in the dining room was awful and dinner took over 2 hours!!! Missed a lot of shows!! Our cruise on the Jewel was nice. We have another cruise booked . on the Pearl to Panama Canal.

Julia Confalone Smillie

July 30th, 2015 Milford, CT

The best vacation's ever. There was not a person on the Dawn, the Gem or Breakaway that was not friendly and helpful. I wouldn't take any other cruise line. The entertainment, the food, the activities it was all top notch. Love Norweigen!!

BARBARA CARFAGNO

July 30th, 2015 Ridgefield Park, NJ

5 excellent cruises in 7 and a half yrs.

Teddy Jungbluth

July 29th, 2015 Baytown, TX

We sailed on the Epic and Getaway and could have not ask for a better cruise on either one. We just returned from a Alaska cruise on the Jewel. It was horrible!!!!!!. The only thing I can say that was great were the bands that played in the bar and the ship be very clean all the time.. We had sewage running out into our sink in the bath room. The plumber came to fix it and could not believe it. I took pictures of it and showed customer service and got no were with that. They did seem to care at all. It really put a damper on the vacation knowing I was drinking water that had no telling in it. NCL you dropped the ball on this cruise. I did not think this would have happen on NCL.

Cathy

July 29th, 2015 Whitestone, NY

I have sailed twice with Norwegian . The first time was extremely expensive as they nickel and dime you for everything. However, the last time was the worst experience I ever had! Our neighbors were four young men in their twenties. They were very loud and vulgar until four am every morning. We called security each night this occurred and they told us there was nothing they could do for us. The young men had different young ladies over each night. The last night we complained, the girls threw beer bottles at us. We were told by security to stay in and lock our doors because they were afraid for our safety! We were moved on the last day - a room which was empty all cruise long! My suggestion don't waste your money! We LOVE Carnival!

June Roy

July 29th, 2015 Fitchburg, MA

Took the Dawn out of Boston to Bermuda July 3, 2015 to July 10, 2015. Worse bar servers ever!! Karaoke bar made drinks all night with the wrong alcohol for several nights. Barely no servers by the main pool. No fun daytime activities by the pool. Except White Hot Night. Room steward was average at best. Main dining room was exceptional for servers and food quality. Would have to think twice about going Norwegian again.

Jacquelyn Shinault

July 28th, 2015 Big Sandy, TN

We've taken two cruises on Norwegian one to Alaska, one to the Western Caribbean and can't imagine using any other cruise line. Service and food were exceptional, accommodations were what we expected for the price we paid. Activities were plentiful to choose from both those provided by the cruise line and those you had to pay extra for. The beauty of Norwegian is that you make your cruise what you want it to be. There are specialty restaurants that are not included in the price of the cruise and just like any other dining out experience you get what you pay for, be an informed consumer before you make a reservation. Prices for all extra activities are available before you book your cruise. We had a wonderful time on both of our cruises and would highly recommend Norwegian to anyone wanting to cruise!

Teresa Morgan

July 28th, 2015 Irving, TX

We have cruised on the Pride of Hawaii when it was new and then on the Jade (same ship). We loved every minute of our cruises. The food was excellent everywhere we ate. You do have to pay for the speciality dinning but it is well worth it. We are going on the Getaway in September 2015 and I can't wait. We love NCL. We have cruised another cruise line but will stick with NCL if they are going where we want to go. You can dress up if you like or if you are like us and prefer to be casual while on vacation you can do that.

Mary M McNulty

July 27th, 2015 Milton, MA

I have sailed aboard NCL Dawn for the past three Junes, out of Boston Harbor to Bermuda. Deck 10 Room 10700 and this year room 10698. The Entertainment in the Atrium was great Twice as Nice duo , last year and this year Masquerade Duo Cherry and David Phillips, fantastic performed a variety each set, loved them. The food not so great, Venetian Main Dinning area pretty good, Cagney Steak house for $30.00 plus very good. Staff more than kind and courteous, Stewart for our room wonderful, Guest services Awful could care less and gave that attitude, never looked us in the eye, acted like go AWAY!!! Bad impression for NCL. Beds awful, couch in stateroom love seat awful, Balcony chairs awful. Had a great time in spite of the shotcomings, Dawn is old, worn but very clean.

Dianne Nowicki

July 27th, 2015 Matawan, NJ

I have enjoyed all 12 cruises I have taken on NCL> Never been disappointed. I will continue to cruise with them

Paul Ceria

July 26th, 2015 Fayetteville, NC

My wife was injured in a fall on the Norwegian Sun. It was very obvious that their doctor regarded her not as a patient, but rather as a possible law suit against the line.

Jeanni M Verity

July 26th, 2015 North Providence, RI

We have taken 4 Norwegian Cruises, and each has been better than the previous!! Wonderful food, great crew, beautiful clean, comfortable boat. Lots to do, I would nave choose another company!!

Nancy

July 24th, 2015 Fort Myers, FL

We were on a family vacation, thirteen in total. The grandchildren had a great time with all of the activities but as an adult I thought it was very average. There are not enough pools on the ship. It was packed around the adult pool and the "small" family pool was out of control. Also, they charge for everything they can. Room service has a $7.95 delivery charge. They wanted to charge us $100 to just take the pictures for our family, not to mention the cost of the pictures. No one served coffee in the buffet at all. The dishes were not picked up off of the tables in the buffet. No one cleaned outside during the day. Cups and dirty dishes were everywhere. Oh the positive side, the bathroom was the nicest we have had for a mini suite. The rooms are on the small side and the balcony was tiny. Will not sail again with Norwegian.

janet plunkett

July 24th, 2015 Little Rock, AR

has been several years since my wonderful vacation There is so much entertainment !!wonderful food and the staff was awesome!!Could not have hoped for anything better than Norwegian cruise line!!!

Mary Apolinaro

July 23rd, 2015 Plymouth, PA

we had a great time on the breakaway on June 14th.Everthing was great. we celebrated my husbands birthday on the 19th and our 56th wedding anniversary on the 20th. the restaurants were great and even gave us a cake. we got everything we asked for. The only thing we found was that there was nothing to do in the morning,but we were there with my Grandson and the band Kartune and you left them play twice by the pool. they are a great band. Thanks again.

esh1965

July 23rd, 2015 Wickliffe, OH

I love NCL - my husband and I have been on Royal Caribbean and NCL is head and shoulders above them in both quality and service. I'll never cruise with any other cruise line except Disney which is outrageously expensive. The restaurants on NCL are fantastic and we've never had long lines to get into any restaurant whether it is included or a premium. The food in the inclusive restaurants are just as good (and in some cases better) than the premium ones. I highly recommend NCL and if you believe that RCL is the same with their so called "anytime dining" you are sadly mistaken. It is not the same as freestyle. You are assigned the same restaurant, at the same time with the same people around you. Freestyle really is any time and any place. Love NCL.

Jenn Kennedy

July 22nd, 2015 Wappingers Falls, NY

We sailed on the Breakaway to Bermuda over the 4th of July week. We loved the ship but the crew was horrible. We paid for the dining package and only found that one server at Le Bistro named Sheila seemed to enjoy her job. We also had the beverage package and at one point the bartender Santos at Maltings bar (outside) accused me of giving my son my drinks because he happened to meet us at the bar and he had the same kind of drink. Santos even made it a point to say something to me and then proceeded to have a server follow us to make sure that i was drinking my drink. Never again will I cruise with NCL.

Cynthia Martin

July 22nd, 2015 Salt Lake City, UT

We were on the NCL Jewel. I am thrilled with our Alaska Inside Passage Cruise. It was my first cruise and I couldn't be happier. The crew and staff were amazing! The entertainment was really enjoyable. They did everything possible to make the cruise awesome. I will definitely cruise NCL again!

Kathy Manzella

July 19th, 2015 Des Plaines, IL

Just booked my 7th cruise with NCL in less than 3 year. Need I say anymore!!

John Ramirdo

July 17th, 2015 Moreno Valley, CA

We cruised the Sun for 21 days Panama Canal and central America....the ship is small too old, small shower the carpet in the room is are old dirty....food is not good they serve Indian food with curry not much selection after 8 days I stop eating there food....just wondering there Chef is got to be from India too much Indian food....I will never ride the Sun again even its for free....the crew was great very friendly.

Euvila Shields

July 16th, 2015 Foristell, MO

We cruised on the Sun and found it to be too small and not enough to do. The same people are used in different shows so even if you see a different one. you see the same entertainers/spokespeople. The food was so so and not available at all times. There was no way to communicate with friends unless you pay a really high price. The staff were friendly and accommodating. If I cruise with NCL again, it will be on a larger ship.

Sally Orsi

July 15th, 2015 Southbridge, MA

I recently went on a Norwegian cruise 6-19-15. I've been on Norwegian several times before, but this one was awesome! The others were good too, but this was great! We had a choice of three things to pick from for specials, we took the specialty dining, it was awesome, it really added to the enjoyment of the cruise. It was let eating in a resturant every night. Excellent service! Our cabin steward was also very good and helpful! Thank you for an awesome vacation!

Michael

July 15th, 2015 Williamstown, NJ

I have cruised on NCL numerous times and I have obtained Platinum Status in their rewards program. I have another trip planned this winter in the Sun to South America. My only complaint was with the Jade. I have taken 3 Med cruises on the Jade and I must say that the food is very very very poor quality in the main dining room. The Buffet and Gourmet dining rooms were fine the the main dining room and service was extremely poor and I will never sail on the Jade again.

Debbie Wink

July 14th, 2015 Phoenix, AZ

Best Cruise line there is. Love the free style cruising and great entertainment. Looking forward to another cruise with them in the future.

John Tommeraas

July 14th, 2015 Stuart, FL

We traveled for 5 nights on the Pearl. Perfect.

Ozzie

July 14th, 2015 Dover, DE

Sailed with them once, not very good. Thought we'd try another ship to see if it would be better, it wasn't, in fact it was worse. Won't sail with them again.

Teresa

July 11th, 2015 Kingsport, TN

We sailed on the Pride of America in Hawaii, a few weeks back. We were disapointed in the food on board ship, and the beds were not cruise ship quality. The shows were good and the Ship was pretty. Was disapointed that they have a lot going on aboard the ship during the day. We took the land and sea package, and was well pleased with all excursions. The hotel was great, the overall experience was good, but the ship didn't live up to other cruise ships that I have been on.

patti

July 10th, 2015 Lindenhurst, NY

we had lots of trips with ncl love leaving out of new York and free style crusing but when I left to get off ship I forgot something in the bathroom called lost and found told me to call in a few day and nothing show up at this point I can now trust the cabin boy we took very good care of him and I know it was left there

Penny Terry Estes

July 10th, 2015 Naples, FL

I would not cruise with any other cruise line . Always a great time . Staff are awesome. We eat at the specialty restaurants , worth every penny . I already have 2 more booked .

Mike & Jane Walsh

July 10th, 2015 Quinton, VA

We are regular cruisers and we love the "free style" of Norwegian. We do not mind the extra cost of the specialty dining, we prefer to choose when and where we dine. We also find the crew and Norwegian friendlier, and do not know how they do that as we are sure they are paid more than other lines? If Norwegian sails the itinerary we want we choose Norwegian!

JOHN CROWE

July 9th, 2015 Tewksbury, MA

I was verry unhappy with owr cabin we were in 11616 and there was noise above us all night long.it was not like thah the last time we had that cabi and this was owr 6th cruise to Bermuda .I donot think I will go again.

DEBORAH OSLER

July 6th, 2015 Philadelphia, PA

HADE A GREAT TIME FOOD WAS EXCELLENT SERVICE WAS GREAT SO MANY THINGS TO DO ON THE SHIP LOVED LOVED LOVED IT TRIP OF A LIFE TIME '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Heather Dee

July 5th, 2015 Atkinson, NH

Food was fantastic. Love the freestyle dining, eat when you want sit with who you want. Shows were fantastic. Great memories!! Ship although older was clean.

Yvonne Malanczyn

July 5th, 2015 Key West, FL

NCL is perfect for my husband and I. Eat when you want. On the newer ships there are a dozen restruants that you can eat without paying for a specialty. A wide variety of entertainment. Being loyal pays off. Many upgrades. staff are amazing. Would recommend this cruise line for young families, middle aged couples or singles. The cruises to Bahamas and Carribean are good for younger and the longer cruises such as Canada-New England, are geared more for middle aged and older couples. Best Line ever!

Jane

July 5th, 2015 Indianapolis, IN

Just the best way to vacation. You can be as lazy or as busy as you want. Your schudule is totally us to you.

Kathy Jeanneret

July 5th, 2015 Syracuse, NY

We love Norwegian , after 18 cruises with the family friendly line we decided to change lines after they violated ADA laws, many times. We have enjoyed both the EPIC and the Breakaway. and have no complains. In fact they have gone out of their way to help with my handicapped husband.. Service is wonderful as is the food.

Anthony Ramirez

July 4th, 2015 El Cajon, CA

Very bad dining plans main dining was not that good and i refuse to pay for dining.

Clem

July 4th, 2015 Madisonville, LA

We have done 8 Cruises on NCL... Each ship was the same and different... Service was always great... We have sailed on the NCL Dream, Star, Dawn, Gem and Jewel. So far our favorite was the Jewel.

terri & Jeff

July 3rd, 2015 Hazleton, PA

We experienced the best cruise ever!!! There was plenty to do on the ship and the excursions off the ship were amazing and within our budget! Definitely cruising again on NCL!!!! Want to try all their ships-they are breathtaking and beautiful!

Mitchell Doman

July 2nd, 2015 Compton, IL

The wife and I had a great time on the EPIC back in feb of this year. We are planning our next cruise on the ESCAPE in 2017 for our tenth year anniversay

jim pooler

July 1st, 2015 South Easton, MA

I hated every thing about the epic I am a silver member and will look at different cruise lines next trip food bad ship design poor activies poor had to pay for any good show.service fees gratuity they try to suck every penny from you. time to look at another cruise lin!!!!!

Mary Sylvester

July 1st, 2015 Media, PA

It was everything a cruise should be.Perfect. Staff was professional and welcoming-food was great and the restaurants were never crowded. Everyone from the Captain on down was friendly and courteous. Not one problem with any thing. Would love to cruise with them again any time.