1. Norwegian Cruise Line

Norwegian Cruise Lines offers freestyle cruising, allowing guests to do what they want when they want. Dine-in choice restaurants featuring all types of flavorful cuisines, or participate in any of the onboard activities whenever you want. There is no scheduled seating, no preset dining times, and no enforced dress codes. 24-hour room service is available for dining inside your room.

The Good

• Entertainment for all ages
  • First class amenities
  • Many destinations to choose from

Entertainment for all Ages

There are a variety of onboard amenities for travelers of all ages. Activities for adults include spa and salon treatments, fitness classes, casinos, and bars and lounges. Programs for children and teenagers are available where they can enjoy arts and crafts, play video games, participate in pool parties, and compete in sports tournaments.

There are also plenty of unique activities to enjoy onboard Norwegian Cruise Lines. Guests can participate in comedy workshops, take dance lessons, or learn bartending and cooking skills. Wine and beer tastings are available. Children can dance and sing with Dora the Explorer, or have breakfast with SpongeBob Square Pants.

Norwegian tries to accommodate a number of different guests on each and every cruise. They have options for single guests, couples, and families traveling together. Cruises are available from one night to 48 days and offered year round.

Destinations

• Destinations include: Alaska, Bahamas and Florida, Bermuda, Canada and New England, Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera, Pacific Coast, Panama Canal, South America, Transatlantic, and Weekend Cruises

Featured Cruise Trips

• Seven Day Bermuda, Round-trip New York Starting From $999/USD Per Person: With pink sand beaches, colorful underwater life, and fantastic shopping, it's a good thing you'll have the chance to treasure everything this pristine isle has to offer. Adventures in Bermuda also include some of the world's most exclusive golf courses.
  • Six Day Canada & New England from New York Starting From $699/USD Per Person: Cruisers will experience delectable local fare and coastlines so picturesque you'll stand back in amazement. Enjoy a mouthwatering lobster lunch in Halifax, visit the Bay of Fundy in St. John, and watch sailboats pull into the harbor in Portland, Maine. New England brings on the charm, while Canada offers stunning natural landscapes on this six day Norwegian cruise.

Cruises to the Caribbean, Alaska, Mexico, and Europe

• Caribbean: $349-$1,949 per person
  • Alaska: $399-$2,029 per person
  • Mexico: $449-$1,089 per person
  • Europe: $299-$3,799 per person

Amenities

All meals are included in the price of the cruise except for meals purchased at specialty restaurants. Reservations can be made up to three months prior to departure. Even with a reservation, expect waiting times upon arrival at the restaurant. You can expect to find all types of cuisine onboard the ship. Computerized screens throughout public areas tell guests how busy a restaurant is and if there is any available seating. Other amenities included on all cruise ships include:

• Personalized service
  • 24-hour trained and certified suite butler
  • Concierge service
  • Courtyard valet
  • Escort to your suite
  • Exclusive access to The Haven Courtyard area with private pool, sundeck, hot tub and fitness area
  • Priority embarkation and disembarkation
  • Distinctive platinum keycard
  • Priority boarding of tenders to shore
  • Complimentary limousine service from pier to airport (for Garden Villa guests)
  • Sparkling wine, bottled water, and fruit on embarkation day (For two bedroom villa, Courtyard Penthouse, Spa Suite, and Penthouse only)
  • 24-hour room service
  • Mini-bar and espresso/cappuccino machine
  • Special Haven Menus
  • Gourmet treats delivered to your suite each evening
  • Invitations to an exclusive breakfast and lunch
  • Cocktail party with ship's officers
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian pillow-top mattress
  • Fine linens, feather duvet, and pillow
  • Plush bathrobes, slippers, and oversized towels

Safety

Norwegian Cruise Lines also takes the safety of their guests seriously. They have implemented a number of precautions to make sure that both their staff and the travelers are not exposed to anything that could threaten their health. These precautions include:

• Norwegian Cruise Lines collect health questionnaires at the pier to identify anyone that already has symptoms and place detailed health information fact sheets in each stateroom at embarkation. These fact sheets outline potential symptoms of concern and instructs guests on what to do if they are experiencing those symptoms.
  • Once onboard, Norwegian Cruise Lines recommends and requests that all guests carefully observe the good hygiene practice of washing their hands before eating and after using the restroom. They also encourage frequent use of the hand sanitizer dispensers strategically located throughout the ship.
  • If a guest is diagnosed as having any symptoms, they are asked to stay in their stateroom until their symptoms abate. They receive free medical treatment and medications.

Accommodations

There are a number of accommodations to choose from. Garden Villas provide panoramic views of the ocean, roof terraces and private Japanese-styled gardens. Owner's Suites come equipped with queen-sized beds, living rooms, whirlpool tubs and walk-in closets. Penthouse Suites, Ocean View Staterooms, and Inside Staterooms are also available. Rooms come equipped with all the standard amenities to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience while onboard.

The Bad

• High cover fees for restaurants
  • Long lines for all activities
  • Can be very crowded

High Fees and Long Lines

Norwegian's specialty restaurants charge a $15 to $99 per person cover fee apart from the cost of the meals. Expect to stand in long lines for all activities onboard including dining options. Announcements are frequent and loud.

Large Crowds

Accommodations in standard cabins are a bit smaller than other cruise lines. Since Norwegian ships can accommodate a large number of guests, expect large crowds. If this is a problem for you, you can choose to upgrade to a first-class section where it is more spacious to get around.

No Offshore Excursions

Offshore excursions are not included in the price. Be prepared to pay lots of extra charges for dining options, beverages, and some of the activities during the length of your cruise.

The Bottom Line

Norwegian Cruise Lines is a great choice for family-friendly entertainment. The freestyle cruising experience provided by Norwegian Cruise Lines allow families to relax and enjoy their vacation without being tied down to strict rules. The only downsides are the long lines and expensive meals. However, there are plenty of activities for children, teenagers, and adults to enjoy. Norwegian Cruise Lines is also an excellent choice for single passengers as well as an inexpensive way to travel to desired exotic locations worldwide. We recommend booking a cruise with Norwegian Cruise Lines.

4.1

Judy Anderson

September 25th, 2015 Wichita, KS

We have sailed with Norwegian 4 times - It is the most pleasant experience one can have. EVERYONE on the staff is wonderful - Will never cruise with another crusieline. Perfection in every way!!!

lindee

September 25th, 2015 Seattle, WA

It was horrible, the food was awful the on board pricing for things was very exspensive as was everything on board.

Sandi

September 24th, 2015 Overland Park, KS

It was the best time ever, loved the ship, loved my studio, loved the food. I went by myself for the first time and would go again. Wasn't sure going alone but it was great met some great people and had a wonderful time....

Nancy DePue

September 24th, 2015 Quakertown, PA

We have taken two cruises with you and loved both!.. Alaska was awesome, and the Panama Canal was incredible..Looking forward to our next cruise to the Cribbean soon. Heard many say they had tried other lines and yours is the best, I believe!.. Comfort, service, fun...all were above and beyone my expectations. The prices are really good too, lots of offers and deals that were really great. Thank you for making our vacations special

Maureen

September 23rd, 2015 Flushing, NY

Third time sailing with NCL. For starters they gave me a first timer card when I am a lattitudes member. Compliment: Staff was great and attentive. Very nice and prompt when you had a request. Complaint: The Breakaway is just way too big for my liking. They did away with the smoking side of the ship like they had on previous ships. You had to be lucky to get a seat at the pool bar in order to smoke or be relegated to their "smoking booth". Long waits at elevators, and even longer waits for "freestyle" dining which I totally loved on the previous cruises. I will continue to cruise NCL, but not on the huge ships. Will stick to the smaller ones!

Patti

September 23rd, 2015 Houston, TX

I have cruised on NCL's Epic to Spain, France and Italy.On NCL's Getaway to the Caribbean. On NCL's Sun...twice to the Caribbean and just last week I cruised to Alaska on the Jewel. NCL is Great! Each cruise was wonderful! This is my only cruise line. Whatever you choose to do onboard or on an excruision, it will be great. After each cruise I leave with sadness because the crew makes you feel like family. Food is great, entertainment is tops and service is the BEST! Shore excursions, too!

Kathleen Bargo

September 22nd, 2015 Pleasant Valley, NY

I sailed on the Breakaway leaving from New York. My husband and I felt the ship was over price. Most of the crew were very unprofessional. First night we dine in the Italian restaurant, food was just terrible had to send back the soup twice it never came out hot. The pasta which was oil and garlic was all stuck together. The French speciality restaurant was just as bad? They drop a dish on the floor pick up the dish and left to food on the floor. Had lunch at the pub asked for chocolate ice cream told me only vanilla or there will be a charge. I can keep going on and on. The ship was so crowd you couldn't get a seat by the pool. This was our 8th cruise first with NCL never again. They seems to nickle and dime.

Beatrice Engwall

September 22nd, 2015 Apollo Beach, FL

We have taken several cruises with Norwegian and I find it hard to even look at other cruise lines. I like the freedom, the upgrades and the way we are treated. I found negative reviews and comments by cruises who apparently did not read the materials they were sent. I did my homework and we have enjoyed a cruise to Alaska, Mexico, Jamaica, and an extended cruise in Western Europe. We enjoyed the Haven, speciality dinner packages, chef's table, photograph sessions, the spa, private sundecks, educational excursions and all around excellent service. On our cruise through Europe, a waitress from our cruise to Alaska recognized us, addressed us by name and went out of her way to make sure our Europe cruise was one we would remember for many years to come.

Joe Barber

September 22nd, 2015 Augusta, GA

Excellent Cruise Ship. My wife and I cruise the Caribbean with Norwegian and looking forward to an Alaska cruise. Love the free style dining, excellent crew :)

Janice Biggs

September 22nd, 2015 Boise, ID

I had an absolute blast when I went on a cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line. Love my land excursions as well as trips out and about .. wine tours, fun in the sun, a great guide who I accidentally lost touch with who was from England. The food was great as well as everything else on the cruise. A group of guys asked me if I wanted to join them .. as it was just me in the bar area .. at a huge table .. so I did join them .. and they were the band for the cruise .. and loved the tours that were not touristry .. but rather .. from their experience. One thing I learned on the cruise is not to wear a pearl ring in the pool .. as the water ends up making the pearl float off of your setting ... never to be found again. The cruise was fantastic, met a lot of very nice singles, couples, and the band .. all very cherished memories .. would love to do this again ... as it was very relaxing ....and the food was wonderful!! Great service with a smile, they care about you as a person. I would definitely go again .. and have been thinking of doing this within the year. Highly recommend Norwegian Cruise Lines .. it was a great time!!

Jo Anne Thomas

September 21st, 2015 Spruce Pine, NC

My favorite line out there. I've never had a better time then on them and I've sailed on several lines. If there is a problem it is taken care of immediately and with great service. I don't care for their ship Epic as much as the others. I can understand why they scrapped that style and went with another. I can't wait to go again and have always been so happy I end up booking a prepay before I leave the ship so I know I will return. Thanks for such good times!

Carol Baracca

September 20th, 2015 Edison, NJ

I have traveled with NCL for about 10 years. I love them. I have never had a problem on a cruise. Food, entertainment, staff are wonderful! My NCl personal consultant I work with is awesome. Gets me good deals. Pleasure to work with.

Marie Thompson

September 20th, 2015 Staten Island, NY

I have taken numerous cruises with Norwegian, and have never had a bad experience. The staff always goes above and beyond to ensure a pleasurable and relaxing cruise. the food and entertainment are first class!!!

Elma Cancian

September 20th, 2015 Cleveland, OH

We've cruised twice with NCL, both on the Getaway. It was wonderful both times. The hot tubs were only luke warm, but everything else could not have been better!

Thomas Smith

September 19th, 2015 New Haven, CT

Sailed with them many times...always wonderful,last 3 times traveled in The Havens....it was a totally great experience.The a FreeStyle dinners are a terrific idea,and will only sail on a ship that has this wonderful option. Going again,two week cruise to the Caribbean this February.....can't wait

Ringwald Michael

September 19th, 2015 Portland, OR

Best trip ever, went 1st class on the Jewell, the Heaven was great, can not wait to do it again next year

Brian

September 19th, 2015 Hicksville, NY

I have cruised with NCL (as well as Carnival, Princess, and Royal Caribbean) for a total of 6 cruises. Of these, I'd say NCL is the worst. They "nickel and dime" passengers the worst (all cruises do so to some extent, but not nearly as bad). The cabin was the smallest I've stayed in. The free included dining facilities are overcrowded (which I believe is part of their business plan to "encourage" passengers to go to the "paid" choices). I wouldn't say I'd never cruise on them again, but all other things being equal, they'd be my last choice. I'd only go back on NCL if it was a great deal and/or a specific itinerary that was unique to NCL.

Robert Kelley

September 18th, 2015 Russellville, AR

since 2007 I've been on five NCL boats pearl ,star ,epic, jewel, getaway, and going on the breakaway in Jan.2016 and I must say I've enjoyed them all and the way they arrange the food and fun and all the stops its just hard to not want to stay with them so here's to many more years of sailing!!

Karen Mcmorrow/Beck

September 17th, 2015 Brockton, MA

Your cruise line is the worst! Never will I ever sail with you people again! Your captain of the ship back in 2008 almost killed all of us, He knew even before we left for that trip it was going to be bad, but he chose to go anyway! I had 9 other women with me averaging from 20 years old to 80 years old and almost all of them were 1st time cruisers! Always remember the old saying, YOU CAN'T MAKE A 1ST IMPRSSION A 2ND TIME!!!! Lousy service on a beat up ship that looked like the titanic after we went through that storm!!!! When I got back on land I called your LOUSEY RUDE C/S AND NOONE WAS EVEN WILLING TO TALK AND HELP OUT THIS SITUATION.......

Dianne

September 17th, 2015 Andover, MA

Getaway was wonderful ...never felt crowded. Entertainment was first rate and the food was good in all venues. Ate in Cagneys outside on the waterfront and the food and waiterstaff was excellent and worth the extra charge. Yes to avoid issues book the shows, spa and restaurants early. We especially loved the mojito bar that was inside and outside. Strolling the deck and outdoor dining cant be beat ! Staff was very friendly as was the passengers.

Valerie Smith

September 17th, 2015 Tioga, PA

My husband and I have taken about 15 cruises with NCL. We are always pleased. The last time we cruised we hit the reef in Bermuda. The Captain informed us as to what was going on and everything was taken care of. The news media made it worse then it was, so a lot of people at home were very concerned. I have noticed that some of the things they use to give, i.e. chocolates on the pillow have stopped unless you are in a higher class. Since we have sailed so many times, we do get more benefits. Over all we like NCL. We will be going again in January!

Marsha Lynne Morrison

September 17th, 2015 Saint Augustine, FL

We had the most wonderful time. The staff were wonderful. Our cabin was perfect. We could have not asked for more. Ship was very clean. We are getting ready to go again in November

Larry Ball and Andy Anderson

September 17th, 2015 FL

We took Mom and sister on the NCL Jewel to Alaska in August. The cruise included Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway along with the inner passage going by glaciers. This cruise is fantastic, not only the scenery, but NCL makes it even more enjoyable with the food and entertainment never stopping and the best time for all to enjoy. Salmon bake, totem and forest tour along with shopping and even the whore house in Skagway is a DO NOT MISS... the best excursion is the train ride White Pass Railway a must see. They have the best tour guides.

Richard Anderson

September 16th, 2015 Brandon, FL

Both times we cruised on Norwegian were horrible. The first time was so bad we decided to try a different ship just to see if it could have been that ship or that crew. It wasn't. The second was just as bad. Entertainment was terrible, long lines at the dining room, and the cabin was like a broom closet. Free style dining was a joke, and if I pay for a cruise and the food, I don't expect to have to pay twice for my meals. Expensive and not worth it. We refuse to go on their ships again. I'll take my money and go where it's more appreciated. Complaints did no good, and most of the time, they were not even answered. Never again.

Maeda Krizmencic

September 15th, 2015 Lititz, PA

Inner passage to Alaska on Pearl. What a wonderful cruise! We did purchase one specialty restaurant meal, and I found the standard offerings as good as what cost extra. A LOT of entertainment offered onboard. Loved the shows, cruise staff, ports of call, the whole shabang!

robert maenza

September 15th, 2015 Victorville, CA

i took the Baltic cruise for 30 days the cruise was good until we got to Russia. I gave up 380.00 worth of tours because the Russians treated the americians like crap why do you stop there I would have liked more time in Sweden instead. I think you should ban Russia and not stop there.the food on the ship was great and the service was very good

Peggy

September 15th, 2015 New Baltimore, MI

We went on the Dawn in March, we loved it. We had a balcony with the up-grade ultimate beverage package.Everything went great from the time we got there until we got back. We will only sail on the Norwegian cruise line.

Kathy Williams

September 14th, 2015 Bangor, ME

Horrible from start to finish. From diapers in the pool to not being able to get a drink, this cruise had it all. Forget cruising in a suite; I spent thousands on my room and couldn't get a dining reservation because they gave away so many dining packages. Same with beverage packages. It was terrible and a complete 180 from this same cruise last year. Save your money and try any other line; this one is floundering.

Grace C

September 14th, 2015 Rock Hill, NY

Sailed the Breakaway from NYC to Bermuda- liked the ship but found the pool area very small- did not like that if I wanted to go to the private pool area it cost $20.00 per day- if you sail on this ship make sure to pre book all shows- you need reservations for all special shows- the theater shows were great & no reservations required- the food in all the free restaurants were great but would like the vegetarian items marked and a few more choices for veggies- did not go to the buffet for any meals- too crowded & noisy. had the comp beverage package & it was easy to use & the drinks were good..the staff in all areas were terrific- loved the show Fire & Ice in the Atrium but they should have had more seating- these performers are wonderful.and always drew of hugh crowd. I like the smaller ships better but would try this one again -

Raimie

September 14th, 2015 Pagosa Springs, CO

My husband and I took an NCL cruise to Alaska. We had a spectacular time. This was our first cruise so we didnt know what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed it so much that we have already booked our 2nd cruise and thinking about the 3rd. Keep up the good work. NCL.

Jessica T.

September 14th, 2015

Absolutely wonderful!

Ron Wojcik

September 13th, 2015 Levittown, PA

Traveled with a large group and had a hard time in the dinning room service was terrible and the staff was not very nice. Crew on ship were not friendly and I think ignored most of the passengers. Would not consider Norwegian for any future cruise.

Shirley Paquin

September 13th, 2015 Merrimack, NH

Went on cruise to Bermuda , May 2015 , with my son & his family . It was my first cruise & it was wonderful . The crew was great , they could not do enough for you . We all enjoyed it - especially all the entertainment . Food was terrific too !

Bev..Perkins

September 13th, 2015 Hannibal, NY

Went to Bermuda on the Breakaway and it was great we really enjoyed the cruise. This was our second cruise. The first one was on the Jewel. Would go NCL for any future cruises.

Preston Chapman

September 12th, 2015 Show Low, AZ

Norwegian is the most enjoyable cruise line that I have ever been on. I hope to take many more trips.

Arlene Rossillo Nick VanDunk

September 12th, 2015 Liberty, NY

there is nothing about cruising with Norweigian that we didnt like.. from the food to the entertainment... this was our first cruise and we were not disappointed.. cabin was excellent, we had a balcony cabin. Freestyle Cruising at its best.. The crew helpful and ALWAYS Polite.. Oh and my husband got seasick and the had on hand medicine at no charge, THE BEST Hands down... Crew and passengers!!

Corey V.

September 11th, 2015 North Las Vegas, NV

I have been on NCL for the past 3 years and 4th cruise is booked for Nov 2015. I always have a good time on NCL and all the employees are very friendly. I really enjoy that each room steward we have had respected our request. I know I should try other cruise lines, but I love NCL--"freestyle cruising" I live in my summer attire of shorts and shirt don't need to dress up for a cruise when I am on vacation. The food is good most of the time and even if there is something I don't like if I keep looking they do have something I like.

Tillie Antonelli

September 11th, 2015 Sicklerville, NJ

Simply the best from start to finish

Maria and Jim Wioland

September 10th, 2015 Manahawkin, NJ

We love Norwegian Cruise Line because the food and entertainment is great. The crew is like family, so friendly. We have always cruised NCL but unfortunately now we can't because my husband is now on dialysis and we are forced to use a line that does dialysis. Come on NCL, do dialysis so we can come home.

Patricia Pratt

September 9th, 2015 Mountain Home, AR

we love our cruise it was our first time and we asked a lot of questions that they answered without being rude we only had one problem it was with the comedian he made a couple of inappropriate racial jokes that were just not very tasteful. we are hoping to get another one from our casino this year done have the cruise planned room booked. we had a penthouse last time we downgraded to mini suite .. they have some really good specials on the cruise ship , the shore excursions were great i loved all mine .. tip if u don't want to be harassed by the shop keepers from quite a few jewelry stores don't wear your jewelry in port tell them u don't like jewelry and they go back in there shops one shop keeper yelled it and the rest when in so it is fun haggle your prices all shops start high and go lower

judith mitrowski

September 9th, 2015 South Windsor, CT

I will never cruise Norwegian Cruise LInes again. First they lost my luggage for 6 hours and finally after having to go to the courtesy desk to claim my luggage I was told that it was my fault because the luggage tag from the cruise line was ripped off in the handling. So whos fault was that. Second the indoor pool was suppose to be handicapped accessible so I paid the extra 200 for it and then couldn't use it because the warm pool and hot tub were not handicapped accessible. I told the girl at the desk and she just looked at me and laughed. The service on this ship stunk. The cruise personnel were not very friendly only to the ones they want.

Margaret G. Calenda

September 9th, 2015 Southport, NC

We had a wonderful time on the Jade and combined with land tour of Italy. The service and crew are both outstanding!

Ann Fisher

September 9th, 2015 Waltham, MA

Ship was dirty. Food expensive and not good. Crew was indifferent. Would not cruise with them again

Kathy Szakács

September 8th, 2015 Hollywood, FL

Clean ships.Love that you can sit anywhere you want and not with the same people for breakfast,lunch,dinner. Fun shows never a lack of something to do.Looking forward to my next cruise this year.

Joanne Arsenault

September 8th, 2015 Tewksbury, MA

I was on NCL Dawn to Bermuda when the ship hit a sand bar on the way home. The Captain immediately let us know every hour what was happening. Everything was normal no interruption. However we went back to Bermuda and had an extra half day on the island. We also received a 15 percent discount on future cruise. Hope to take advantage of this

Patricia O'Neil

September 8th, 2015 Lynn, MA

Went on Alaskan Cruise Fairbanks to Vancouver Aug 2007 and had a great time. Not one complaint everything was perfect even the weather/

Deniz ILLEEZ ( DEBRA )

September 7th, 2015 Centreville, VA

As a first time cruiser, we have been truly satisfied. Our trip to Bermuda is such a good destination. My husband and I have been in dreaming to have a real honeymoon. With the big help of the Splash Academy, almost kids free vacation is possible and the "real honeymoon" was in the air. Breakaway, has such a mint clean, sanitized environment with a jaw dropping feeling. I think, the all the staff had been selected by the friendly personality. The only think we are complaining about not catching the all entertaining schedule during the vacation. For my personal opinion, Bermuda should be 3 nights and the vacation should be 10 days....I think we will plan ahead to get another vacation with NCL.... Sincerely, Debra from Solace Home Design

John Rafferty

September 6th, 2015 Topeka, KS

Did the ncl cruise around Hawaii. Of course the islands were amazing. Not a good experience onboard. Biggest fault was the crew. It was all young American. They were more interested in dates and parties. Did not like the anytime dining. Prefer traditional. Plus they could not get an order right. We are not that picky. But do want what we ordered. After a couple of days we ate on shore.. Hopefully things have improved since we sailed with them.

Judy Cleri

September 6th, 2015 Chino Hills, CA

Worst vacation of our lives. NCL's customer service is horrible. They are probably a good curise line if there are no issues, but Lord help you if there are. Their customer service is no existing. We have sailed with them numerous times and this will be the last ever!

MB

September 5th, 2015 Clarksville, MD

Been on 3 different cruise line. NCL is the overall best. Got 2 more planned for the near future.