Norwegian Cruise Lines offers freestyle cruising, allowing guests to do what they want when they want. Dine-in choice restaurants featuring all types of flavorful cuisines, or participate in any of the onboard activities whenever you want. There is no scheduled seating, no preset dining times, and no enforced dress codes. 24-hour room service is available for dining inside your room.
- Entertainment for all ages
- First class amenities
- Many destinations to choose from
Entertainment for all Ages
There are a variety of onboard amenities for travelers of all ages. Activities for adults include spa and salon treatments, fitness classes, casinos, and bars and lounges. Programs for children and teenagers are available where they can enjoy arts and crafts, play video games, participate in pool parties, and compete in sports tournaments.
There are also plenty of unique activities to enjoy onboard Norwegian Cruise Lines. Guests can participate in comedy workshops, take dance lessons, or learn bartending and cooking skills. Wine and beer tastings are available. Children can dance and sing with Dora the Explorer, or have breakfast with SpongeBob Square Pants.
Norwegian tries to accommodate a number of different guests on each and every cruise. They have options for single guests, couples, and families traveling together. Cruises are available from one night to 48 days and offered year round.
- Destinations include: Alaska, Bahamas and Florida, Bermuda, Canada and New England, Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera, Pacific Coast, Panama Canal, South America, Transatlantic, and Weekend Cruises
Featured Cruise Trips
- Seven Day Bermuda, Round-trip New York Starting From $999/USD Per Person: With pink sand beaches, colorful underwater life, and fantastic shopping, it's a good thing you'll have the chance to treasure everything this pristine isle has to offer. Adventures in Bermuda also include some of the world's most exclusive golf courses.
- Six Day Canada & New England from New York Starting From $699/USD Per Person: Cruisers will experience delectable local fare and coastlines so picturesque you'll stand back in amazement. Enjoy a mouthwatering lobster lunch in Halifax, visit the Bay of Fundy in St. John, and watch sailboats pull into the harbor in Portland, Maine. New England brings on the charm, while Canada offers stunning natural landscapes on this six day Norwegian cruise.
Cruises to the Caribbean, Alaska, Mexico, and Europe
- Caribbean: $349-$1,949 per person
- Alaska: $399-$2,029 per person
- Mexico: $449-$1,089 per person
- Europe: $299-$3,799 per person
All meals are included in the price of the cruise except for meals purchased at specialty restaurants. Reservations can be made up to three months prior to departure. Even with a reservation, expect waiting times upon arrival at the restaurant. You can expect to find all types of cuisine onboard the ship. Computerized screens throughout public areas tell guests how busy a restaurant is and if there is any available seating. Other amenities included on all cruise ships include:
- Personalized service
- 24-hour trained and certified suite butler
- Concierge service
- Courtyard valet
- Escort to your suite
- Exclusive access to The Haven Courtyard area with private pool, sundeck, hot tub and fitness area
- Priority embarkation and disembarkation
- Distinctive platinum keycard
- Priority boarding of tenders to shore
- Complimentary limousine service from pier to airport (for Garden Villa guests)
- Sparkling wine, bottled water, and fruit on embarkation day (For two bedroom villa, Courtyard Penthouse, Spa Suite, and Penthouse only)
- 24-hour room service
- Mini-bar and espresso/cappuccino machine
- Special Haven Menus
- Gourmet treats delivered to your suite each evening
- Invitations to an exclusive breakfast and lunch
- Cocktail party with ship's officers
- Bliss Collection by Norwegian pillow-top mattress
- Fine linens, feather duvet, and pillow
- Plush bathrobes, slippers, and oversized towels
Norwegian Cruise Lines also takes the safety of their guests seriously. They have implemented a number of precautions to make sure that both their staff and the travelers are not exposed to anything that could threaten their health. These precautions include:
- Norwegian Cruise Lines collect health questionnaires at the pier to identify anyone that already has symptoms and place detailed health information fact sheets in each stateroom at embarkation. These fact sheets outline potential symptoms of concern and instructs guests on what to do if they are experiencing those symptoms.
- Once onboard, Norwegian Cruise Lines recommends and requests that all guests carefully observe the good hygiene practice of washing their hands before eating and after using the restroom. They also encourage frequent use of the hand sanitizer dispensers strategically located throughout the ship.
- If a guest is diagnosed as having any symptoms, they are asked to stay in their stateroom until their symptoms abate. They receive free medical treatment and medications.
There are a number of accommodations to choose from. Garden Villas provide panoramic views of the ocean, roof terraces and private Japanese-styled gardens. Owner's Suites come equipped with queen-sized beds, living rooms, whirlpool tubs and walk-in closets. Penthouse Suites, Ocean View Staterooms, and Inside Staterooms are also available. Rooms come equipped with all the standard amenities to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience while onboard.
- High cover fees for restaurants
- Long lines for all activities
- Can be very crowded
High Fees and Long Lines
Norwegian's specialty restaurants charge a $15 to $99 per person cover fee apart from the cost of the meals. Expect to stand in long lines for all activities onboard including dining options. Announcements are frequent and loud.
Accommodations in standard cabins are a bit smaller than other cruise lines. Since Norwegian ships can accommodate a large number of guests, expect large crowds. If this is a problem for you, you can choose to upgrade to a first-class section where it is more spacious to get around.
No Offshore Excursions
Offshore excursions are not included in the price. Be prepared to pay lots of extra charges for dining options, beverages, and some of the activities during the length of your cruise.