Carnival Cruise Lines Logo

Carnival Cruise Lines

9.6

LAST UPDATED: October 29th, 2021
Carnival Cruise Lines operates 24 ships featuring voyages lasting three to fourteen days. Destinations include the Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico, Europe, Alaska, Canada, New England, Hawaii, Bermuda, and Australia. All cruises are family-friendly with lots of activities for children and teenagers to enjoy. Two formal nights are standard on cruises lasting seven nights. Normal attire for men includes dark suits or sport coats and ties. For shorter trips, one night is usually required. All other nights are casual and allow jeans or dress shorts to be worn in the dining areas. The cruise ships request that cutoffs and short-shorts not be worn after 6 p.m.

The Good

• Great entertainment options
  • Discounts and deals available
  • Vacation protection

Entertainment Options

Carnival ships contain high-energy entertainment options, from Las Vegas styled revues to glitzy casinos, live bands and comedy shows. You can work out in the fitness center or take a run along a jogging track that encircles the outer portion of the ship. Families can watch movies on a giant outdoor screen or head to the waterpark. Tons of activities are available for children of all ages. Shopping includes themed stores for kids including a candy store.

Discounts and Deals

The Carnival Cruise's website offers features to help you plan your vacation and find the lowest prices and discounts on upcoming cruises. Senior discounts, military discounts and other incentives are available as well. If you find a better Carnival advertised deal somewhere else within two days of booking a cruise, Carnival will give you 110 percent of the difference in onboard credit.

Vacation Protection

Carnival tries to protect their guests when making a reservation through their cruise lines. They understand that some may need to utilize travel insurance. Carnival's Cruise Vacation Protection protects you with a 100 percent cash reimbursement of applicable penalties for cancellations due to specified reasons, such as:
  • Someone in your immediate family has an illness or injury, even if they aren't scheduled to travel with you.
  • You become ill and can't travel.
  • You are involuntarily terminated or laid off by an employer.
  • A severe weather watch or warning is issued and affects your travel to the port of embarkation.
  • A common carrier delay due to inclement weather causes you to miss more than 50 percent of your cruise vacation.
  • Or, if you must cancel for any other reason, our new "Cancel for Any Reason" feature will provide a future cruise credit equal to 75 percent of the applicable penalties.

Amenities

Carnival Cruise Lines feature six dining options on their ships which include seafood, burgers, steakhouse, Italian cuisine, Mexican cuisine, and a themed restaurant for kids called Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast. A jogging track encircles the outer part of the ship. Spa services, hair salon, and fitness center services are also available. Standard amenities on each Carnival ship also include:
  • 24 hour room service and room steward
  • Soft cozy linens and bathrobes
  • Nightly turndown services
  • Telephone and Television
  • Individual Climate Control
  • Personal Safe for Valuables

Destinations

Carnival Cruise ships travel to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico, Europe, Alaska, Canada, New England, Hawaii, Bermuda, and Australia. Dates and times for when these cruise ships depart depend on a number of contributing factors. Pricing information for some of these destinations are broken down as follows:
  • Alaska: $697-$829 per person for a seven day trip
  • Caribbean: $159 per person for four days
  • Mexico: $169 per person for two days- $879 per person for thirteen days
  • Europe: $749 per person for eight days - $1,599 per person for thirteen days
Transportation to and from the cruise ship (back to the airport) is also included. Transportation from the airports in New York, Los Angeles, Orlando, and others are available. Cruises are available all year long and can extend anywhere from three to fourteen days.

The Bad

• Not a relaxing environment
  • Other fees can stack up
  • Babysitting not included

Not for a Relaxing Getaway

For those who are looking for a quiet and relaxing getaway, Carnival Cruises may not be the ideal choice. Large crowds and boisterous entertainment options are ongoing throughout the length of the cruise. There are areas of the ship that are private retreats to get away from the bustle, but most options available on the ship are geared toward kids and teenagers and create loud noises that may be disturbing for those wanting to relax.

Other Fees

Offshore excursions cost extra and can be a bit pricey for families seeking an affordable vacation experience. Some of the activities onboard cost extra as well. It is too easy to rack up a large vacation bill with the extra costs involved. Most children's activities are free, but late-night party program fees and video game charges can add up quickly. On top of regular rates, other costs may include:
  • Taxes, fees, and port expenses range from $42.38 to $324.27
  • A $50 change fee per guest will be assessed for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date.
  • Gratuities cost $12 per person per day and covers dining and room steward services

Babysitting is not Included

Because of the large number of people on board the cruise ships, individual attention may lack on occasion and it may be hard to get the attention of attendants should you need anything. Babysitting is available, but it costs extra. The rate for babysitting is $6 per hour, and $4 for each additional child. For those with infants, you will be required to provide staff with diapers and wipes for children under two years old.

The Bottom Line

Carnival cruises are designed for families seeking a high-octane and affordable vacation. Carnival Cruises is perfect for those seeking colorful and boisterous entertainment options in a laid-back party-style atmosphere. If you are looking for luxury options or personalized attention Carnival Cruises may not be the best choice for you. All in all we recommend Carnival Cruise Lines for having a great get-a-way experience.

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

I had a great experience with Carnival. The staff was above and beyond, the food selections were great, there were always things to do, very family friendly, and our particular cruise was not overcrowded like some. The only thing that would have given it 5 stars is if they would have accepted kids younger than 3 in the child care area. This would have given me and my husband alone time. Instead we had our 1 year old with us the entire time.

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

I will say that I was not a fan of the thought of a cruise but I did end up enjoying myself. There really is something for everyone on a cruise. The food is amazing with meals from all over the world cooked by chefs from all over the world. Yo can gamble if you want, hand out on deck if you want or go to the endless shows that they provide. The excursions have something for everyone as well, you can do anything from horse back riding to snorkeling to shopping. The opportunities are endless on a cruise.

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

Got a mail advertisement from them and was very disappointed after I gave them a call to inquire about the trip as advertised. Can't say it was bait and switch, but the low intro price was misleading to a long waste of time.

Joe Granito Millington, TN

Just got back from our 4th cruise and the second cruise on the dream out od NOL. This was the best one yet. I had more fun and met some of the best people on this cruise. The only thing lacking was the dinning help was a little slow on checking on us once we were served. The casino employees were the best and most friendly we have ever experienced and played a big part in the enjoyment since it rained one full day at sea. House keeping was an a plus also. Friendly and very concerned that we everything in our room was to our satisfaction. Thanks Carnival, the crew of the Dream will be hard to beat.

Scott & Daisy Lindblad Suffolk, VA

this was my wife and my first cruise and we took it to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. From the first minute we arrived at the cruise terminal to the end of the cruise the service and friendliness of the entire staff was remarkable. We enjoyed our shore excursion of the jeep tour of Freeport and it was my first experience of driving on the wrong side of the road and not getting a ticket. We enjoyed this cruise so much we have already placed a deposit on an 8 day cruise next year and it also will be with Carnival Cruise Line. Thank you Carnival for the wonderful memories we will always cherish.

Gary Goldsmith Richmond, VA

We have cruised 3 times with Carnival since 2013, we currently have 3 cruises booked. We've always had a great experience with Carnival and have no intent on trying another cruises lines at this point. We've always found the crew always ready to help with any questions and or issues. Ships have always been clean and comfortable . Thank you Carnival for making us feel like family. Cruise History Carnival Liberty June 2013 Carnival Splendor Dec 28, 2014 Carnival Fantasy May 7, 2015 Upcoming Carnival Pride New Years 2015/2016 Carnival Ecstasy May 2016 Carnival Sunshine New Years 2016/2017

Randy Smith Connellsville, PA

We have cruised with Carnival 37 times on every ship in the current fleet, plus the Holiday which was sold several times after retirement, and the Destiny, which is now hidden somewhere within the Sunshine. Carnival has a great and caring brand ambassador in John Heald and great Maitre Ds like Ken Byrne and Ante Kulusic to make you happy, happy, happy! Carnival has great Cruise Directors like Jaime Dee, Mike Pack, Josh Waitzman, Calvyn Martens, and Wee Jimmy/Ralph Valente! They also have great folks like Darnell Brown and Eden Pratten backing up the great CDs! We like the "High Octane" parties like Mardis Gras Night with Jaime Dee, Evening Trivia with Mike Pack, and Walking on Sunshine with Jaime and Darnell! We cruise with just the two of us (my wife of 37 years, Diane and myself), our family of two daughters in their 30s and their hubbies, and our three younger teen grandsons! We also cruise with our great friends Deb and Doug several times a year! There's something for everyone in our cruising group to enjoy. The Seuss-A-Palooza Parade and the formal reading of The Cat in the Hat are not to be missed! The Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast is always a hoot for all ages! We also enjoy the musical shows featuring great talents like Stephanie Morville! All of the crew members on Carnival Fun Ships are warm and friendly! We tried other cruise lines several times, but Carnival is the best for families wanting to have Fun, Fun, Fun!

Tammy Simpson Freeman Kannapolis, NC

I have only cruised three times in my life. The first & my last will always be on Carnival. I Love the crew, they are all very nice & helpful in any way. I also LOVE the food especially the MDR food. I eat there Every night. The MDR food is one of the reasons I continue to cruise Carnival. Plus when we are in the MDR & we sit with other cruisers that is a great experience. I have made some life long friends from our dinner table. :-). It don't get any better. I also love the entertainment options that they give you on the ship. Soooo much fun stuff to do all day or night. And when I don't feel like taking in a show during the day I just head to the pool or the water slide & get myself a lounge chair & enjoy the sun & the water activities. Now lets don't forget about the wonderful DOD & all of their delishious drinks, Yummy. I have not had any bad experience on carnival so far. I can only say great things about them.

Denise Fritz Murrieta, CA

Started cruising Carnival in 2012 and in Jan. 2016 I will be going on my 8th cruise with them. This cruise will be a 13 day one. I have only had problems on the smaller ships that are shorter cruises. The Inspiration and Imagination I will never sail on again since they seem to be party ships for the younger generation who love to drink starting as early as they can. All other cruises have been on the larger ships. I have sailed the Miracle 4 times and love it! The cabin stewards are all friendly. The food is great. On the last cruise I did miss the nightly chocolates. Last month I cruised to Alaska with Princess since they leave from California and Carnival leaves from Washington, I live in California and don't fly. I was not happy with Princess at all. I had committed to another Alaska cruise with them next year and then I will be sticking with Carnival.

Janie K Panama City, FL

Wonderful experiences on all 14 CCL cruises! Food is wonderful (equal to other popular cruise lines), dining options are varied and provide flexibility for cruisers. Entertainment is includes something for everyone including children of all ages (and adult kids!). Most of the cruise directors are incredibly energetic, friendly and truly dedicated to ensuring cruisers have a great time. The crew is very helpful, most are very friendly and I love hearing about the various countries and backgrounds from crew members. Chips are clean and well maintained. The Fun Ship 2.0 updates really make the older ships so much more pleasant and comfortable. Staterooms are very comfy and room stewards do a great job! Love the many dining/food options and accessibility of late-night snacks and non-bar beverages. After 14 Carnival cruises, I have only good things to say. That does not mean that there may be an inconvenience or irritant once in a while but that is part of life. Most issues are resolved immediately by the staff. Yep, I will cruise Carnival any time!!

Ina Ange Chapin, SC

Just returned from our 8 days cruise on the Conquest, I must say first of all the crew we had (dining and pool) were the best ever and we became real friends, shared emails etc. They really took care of us and also prepared a really special meal for us which was not on the menu and we all (7 of us) enjoyed it immensely. The room crew was great as well, saw one of them after the movie and she acknowledged me by name and I called back to her! (Jennifer) Overall we had a great time!! Most of the time people talk about their good time, but I wanted you to know what a great crew you have on the Conquest!

Connie Wilborn Siler Richmond, TX

What a wonderful crew they had working on the Magic. I cannot say enough for all of the kindness they showed, the hard work, keeping the room clean, making sure that we had all that we needed.. We had the Lido floor, and the best crew ever working that floor. I wish that I had tipped him more.. The service was spectacular.. In the dining room they went out of their way to see that you had all that you needed, and immediately removed the dirty dishes when you finished each dish... Carnival is a great cruise line to travel. It is first class all the way! Even though we do not drink, gamble, or party, I had the best time ever with my honey ever. The excursions were also great, except I would have liked more time at each port to see/shop more, but I guess in a week that is not possible. I hope that I will be able to afford another cruise in the future. It was awesome.

Susan Bailey Mccullin League City, TX

I love going on cruises my very first cruise was back in 2009 on the Truimph out of New Orleans and love it . The room we had was awesome and the staff was so very friendly and we had the best cleaning person for our room , he would always greet us and ask us how are day was or how our night was . I can't remember his name but he did tell us that he was getting married and the his bride to be was also a member of the ship. We have taken several cruises and on different cruise lines but our favorite is the Carnival and we have a cruise coming up in January the 3rd of 2016 and cant wait . I know I will have a blast just like I do every time we set sail with you guys. Thanks for being a great Cruise Liner. Sincerely Susan M from Kemah Texas

Charlie Swanson Grandville, MI

My wife and I will be going on our 30th cruise with Carnival coming up in January, 2016. We started cruising back in December of 1987 on the TSS Mardi Gras, and became "hooked on cruising." Carnival advertises "Fun Ship Vacations." Keep in mind that you have to already be somewhat of a fun person in order to love cruising. I have read, in cruise magazines, of people complaining about the terrible time they've had on their cruise. How can you complain about sunshine, warm ocean breezes, someone who cleans your cabin, makes your bed in the morning, turns down your bed at night, great dining in the evening, breakfast and lunch outside on the Lido Deck, if that's what you want, or go to the dining room to be served, enjoying the pools and water slides, and participating in or just watching the many other activities on the ship throughout the day. You can also do nothing. Just enjoy being outside in the sunshine can be fun. I truly believe that if you expect to have a bad time, you will. If you expect to enjoy your cruise, you will. I know that some of you think that you will be seasick everyday of your cruise. The cruise ships of today are so large, that sometimes you won't even realize that the ship is moving. Of course, you can have a few hours of "ruff" seas, during a fast moving storm, but this is rare. Of my 29 cruises, I have had only one cruise where the sea was choppy, and it only lasted a few hours. Cruising is the best vacation you can have. You get to go to many different places and not have to pack and unpack you suitcases. All your meals are prepared for you, and you don't have to do the dishes afterwards. The food is great, and there are some beverages which are free throughout the entire day and night. Yes, there is a charge for soda and for all alcohol drinks, and yes, they do all add their tip into the total price of your drink. You can't go into a local bar and get sodas and alcohol drinks without paying. The tips that each cruise customer is charged, your room steward, dining room staff, and Lido Deck staff, are very reasonable. Keep in mind that cruise ship workers only make a very small monthly wage, and the rest of their earnings come from tips they receive from the passengers. Give cruising a try. See why so many people have found cruising to be one of the best and most economical vacation they have ever had. Who knows, maybe you will love cruising, too.

Sandie Marie Modesto, CA

I will be taking my 8th cruise with Carnival in January on their longer "Journeys" cruise. I used to cruise with Royal Caribbean, but I always found them to be stuffy and really dirty. With Carnival, there's ALWAYS something fun to do! The food is great, there's usually at least three choices of activities at any given time, and you only pay extra for things you would expect to pay extra for on any cruise--excursions, alcohol, gift shop, spa services. I never pay for any of those things except excursions because they're totally awesome! It's up to you how much extra you want to pay. It's the most affordable vacation I ever have taken and a great value. I don't happen to like a lot of kids or teenagers around (because I'm old), so I make sure I cruise when most kids and teenagers are in school. Easy! When my kids were little and teenagers, we would bring them along and yes, the pools were a little more crowded, and yes, we had to be parents and watch them a little more, but it was just as fun. Anyway, I will never cruise another line unless I win the lottery, then I will live on a cruise ship.

Margaret Eastman New Port Richey, FL

Our Birthday Cruise on Carnival's Conquest last year was our best cruise ever!!!!! Not our only cruise on Carnival, but the best. Mike Pack, our Cruise Director was the one person who made this cruise so special. This man should be moved from ship to ship in Carnival to train new Cruise Directors starting out. We are booked on the Carnival Victory for Oct. 3, and are looking forward to this cruise because we will be the first ship to dock at the new dock in Amber Cove, Dominican Republic. We will also be the only ship at the dock that day. The only thing missing will be Mike, we wish he were there. We have sailed on several Carnival Cruises and will keep on doing so, just from now on, we hope that John Heald will get his Cruise Director Scheduling in order so that we can follow Mike on all of our Cruises. If your Cruise Directors read the reviews that are written about them, it would really be nice if they could respond to people like myself and keep us updated on where they will be at any given time throughout the year. We live on a fixed income so we have to plan our cruises in advance in order to get them paid for by the time of the cruise, so if Mike could just email us or post his new schedules on Facebook, it would be wonderful.

Jeff Harmer Bakersfield, CA

I've been on about 20 Carnival ships. Cruising is what you make of it. Sure if you expect a perfect time you probably won't get it. Carnival is known as the funship so expect the younger crowd. So far we have had 2 family reunions on Carnival, Alaska and the Caribbean, with all the family wanting another. In fact, in Dec. our niece in Idaho booked a cruise with us to surprise us for Christmas, it was by chance we found out about it. Wheelchair access, Carnival had attendant's at boarding and deboarding so the wife didn't have to worry about pushing me. I was taken clear to the curb. All you have to do is ask. Handicap rooms are close to elevators for access. I think even shore elevators can be slow. As for the food, I generally ask and take the advice of the wait staff for what is good. The grandkids preferred the kids club more then spending time with their parents or us. The oldest turned 18 now is lamenting not being able to go. He's caught between child and adult. He still talks to a young lady he met last year. If you are a people person and like to explore you can have a good time. Value wise, We spent more for a weekend in Frisco then for a 5 day cruise and had a better time with Carnival. Google Cruise lines owned by Carnival.

Martin Hughes Jacksonville, FL

10 cruises with Carnival since 2009 and there are problems, but nothing Carnival could not control and make it better. Heck we are all on a vacation and the ship's employees are waiting on us and providing us with a vacation at an affordable price.....yet we still have to complain. What a shame that us Americans think we are so high above everyone else we need to complain when we are on a vacation. I have sailed on Royal Caribbean too so I do have another line to compare. RC did not have the off hour food choices like Carnival unless you wanted to pay extra or wait in a line in a small cafe (Freedom of the Seas).

Randy Smith Connellsville, PA

Our 34th Carnival Cruise was with the Incredible Jaime Dee on the Sunshine in June. Our 35th was with Marvelous Mike Pack on the Glory in July. I'm not sure which one to review, so I'll do both! Jaime is of course sweet and loving and full of energy! We especially loved "Walking on Sunshine with Jaime" and her big Mardi Gras Party in the Atrium Lounge! Mike, on the other hand, hosts "Nightly Music Trivia with Mike each evening in the Atrium Lounge" which is hilarious! Mike is also full of energy and fun to be around! They are two of Carnival's finest entertainers and why folks keep coming back for the Fun! We have NEVER had a bad Fun Ship Cruise in 12 years with Carnival on 35 cruises on 26 different Fun Ships! No vacation is as great as a Carnival Cruise!

Kathie Trinity, NC

We have been on 5 Carnival Cruises and we have booked our 6th cruise already. We absolutely love them the only way to take vacation. We have had some really great staff and some that were just not all out going but we have always had very clean rooms and everything we needed and asked for. We always look forward to dining in the MDR. The wait staff always goes above and beyond getting to know you and calling you by name on the second night and knowing your beverage of choice and having it on the table when you arrive. During the showtimes at dinner they always come and get the people involved and to make the children part of the show. Getting ready to retire in the spring and looking forward to the "Pack and Go" specials because I will always have a suitcase ready to go.

Margaret Eastman New Port Richey, FL

We have been on dozens of cruises over the past 30 years and for the past three or four years have found that we enjoy Carnival's cruises, even tho' we are in our senior years, sometimes we just like to cut loose and have a rip roaring good time and on Carnival, we can do that. We have never had as much fun on a cruise as on the Conquest last October/November with Mike Pack as Cruise Director. We are sailing on Carnival again this Oct. and are hoping to have just as good time. We are not sure who our Cruise Director is, but hope he meets Mike's standards. Love Carnival, wish we could afford to go three or four times a year.

Brenda Ladson, SC

I went on my first cruise a month ago aboard the Fantasy with 14 other family members and it was the best vacation I've ever taken! Lots of things to do on the ship for all ages and the staff was absolutely AMAZING!!! Our steward, bar tender, dinner servers, and deck servers took very good care of us and were always very attentive to our needs. I read that the staff may not always call you by name, however, we didn't experience that at all. A week after returning some of us have already started planning our next cruise, this time will be aboard the Paradise! This is definitely the way to vacation...your extra add on charges are up to you so it can be as inexpensive or expensive as you make it!

Keith Burlington, NC

I've been on two cruises--both with Carnival. The first one was the first week of October 2013 on the Liberty to the western Caribbean. Having never been on a cruise ship, I was in complete awe of the size of the ship and all the activities available on a "floating city." I got to try numerous exotic foods (at least to me!)--alligator fritters, lobster tail, tiramisu, and the world-famous Warm Chocolate Melting Cake, to name a few! The excursions were great too--Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Cayman Islands. Weather couldn't have been any better. My second cruise was on the Carnival Conquest, the last week of October 2014, to the eastern Caribbean. While I now knew what to expect on a cruise ship, I thoroughly enjoyed this cruise too. I looked forward to the meals that I had enjoyed on the first trip, the excursions in the Bahamas, St. Thomas, San Juan Puerto Rico, and Grand Turk. I had never been much of a traveler outside of my own state before these cruises, it was great to visit several foreign countries in 7 days. I am now trying to get several family members together for a family cruise in the future.

Patti Lunsford Nashville, NC

Our family has travel Carnival Cruise lines since 1997! Every time it gets better and better.....every trip I would rate a 10. Even when we plan a trip for the Virgin Islands, St. Thomas, St. Martin and something happen to one of the motors (which it was the first time for this ship) we went to Key West and the ship was bigger than the Key West :-) Had the most awesome time in Key West and when we got under way again they ship gave each of us 200.00 on board amenities. We just love Carnival Cruise Lines. One trip we even had over 50 friends and family ......awesome "SandCastle Memories" Thank you Carnival Cruise Lines, Sincerely, Patti Lunsford

cathy alvino Delray Beach, FL

wow we just returned from the carnival conquest 8days cruise we must say we were very impressed with the cruise the food was very good guys burgers and the pizza joint were very good and are included in the cruise our room steward, LULU, was very good and made sure we our ice bucket was always full her towel animals were so cute and the room was always nicely done in the dining room the food was impressive you could have as much as you wanted so naturally we had to try at least 2 appetizers and 2 entrees each meal most of our meals we had MILUTIN as our head waiter he was very attentive and made sure we had what we needed for each meal we recommend your time dining we had no trouble getting a table within a reasonable time when we went to dinner we also had ATTILA for some meals and he is also the best the shows were very good we especially liked the 60's70's musical show and the divas show the casino is very nice and we even won when we played! checking in was a bit long so we would recommend paying for priority check in it would be worth the cost the pool was nice and we always were able to find chaises to relax the ship was very clean and the staff was very pleasant in all our interactions with them we are very happy to recommend this cruise to all

Karen Hardin Florence, MS

I have been on five cruises and they have all been with Carnival! Why would I go elsewhere? They are FUN SHIPS and that is what they have lots of! If you want to complain a lot please don't board a Carnival Ship, use another cruise lines! The people who work for Carnival are the hardest workers to be found! I think sometimes they have a little difficulty understanding Southern but so do the rest of our country! I just booked my sixth cruise and I am very excited to be taking my six year old grand! You will never be treated better anywhere else! The food is great, the views amazing, the fun non-stop and at the end of the day the beds are so comfy! It's all there, what's not to love?

Charlie Swanson Grandville, MI

My wife and I have been fortunate enough to have sailed on 29 Carnival Cruises, since our first one back in 1987 on the Mardi Gras. We enjoy visiting the many different islands in the Caribbean. This is a great way to check out an island before spending a few days there on a vacation. We have enjoyed every cruise, and any problems we have had have been with other people and not with Carnival Cruise Lines. An example of this is when I was run into by a handicapped man on a scooter who wasn't watching where he was going. Luckily, no injuries. I know some people are concerned with health issues when cruising. Carnival has placed hand sanitizing dispensers at all the buffet lines and eating areas and I am amazed at how many people walk by them and don't use them. Cruising is by far one of the best vacations you can have. Once you are on the ship, you can unpack and not worry about anything except to have a great time. Bon voyage .

Sharle Jumps Danville, IL

I just got back from my 8 day trip on The Carnival Sunshine, The staff and crew was wonderful. A big shout out to Jamie Dee, Darnel, and Chris for their excellent service. The Out and Crowd Band on board was wonderful new music every night from 60 - current. Food was excellent. Guy's Burgers were on the Cruise. Excellent - Please try the Piggy Patty. I went on a tour in San Juan - It was a historical tour of San Juan. Noemi took us and showed us the city then went to a restaurant and we made a dish. The Chef Javier came out and walked us through making this San Juan dish. It was so much fun. 5 stars. You also receive a drink, too. I can't wait for the New ship Carnival Vista.

Robert J. Carter Wichita, KS

In November of 2004, I was driving a Motorcoach for a company in Wichita, KS, and was assigned a trip to Galveston, TX, I was told it was a cruise and that I could go for free, as it would cost just about the same as putting me up in a hotel for the week they were gone. Now, this offer is being made to someone who doesn't swim, and has a fear of crossing bridges that go over water. About two weeks before the trip, the head of the trip told our company that if we would like to bring our wives we could, at a reduced cost. That was the only time we went on a Carnival Cruise, as a driver, I am still working for the same company, have been since 1997. No cruises in my future for work at least, as I do strictly Greyhound runs on a line run now. However, my wife and I have been in love with cruising since 2004, and have taken many since on our own. We made the biggest mistake of our lives when we went with another company, (not related to Carnival Brands) and learned our lessons. Our last cruise was on the Carnival Dream, and we can't wait to get to the next cruise, and have fun. Love you Carnival!

Charlene Ann Hempler Ripon, WI

We just booked our 11th Carnival Cruise ! This one is for Alaska! So excited to go. Already planning the one after that for Caribbean once again. We love Carnival the Best. We have a great vacation and are treated like Royalty always. Love the food the excursions and most of all the Crew all act like we are family. Have been on other Cruise lines still love Carnival the best. our group is adverse in ages. We are from 40 to 70 yrs old. We all have a wonderful time.I book right with Carnival now and they make my life so much easier. We have a great Girl we work with from Carnival. She answers all my questions and helps us all so much. Love our Noelle! Highly recommend to everyone to Go Carnival!

seanth57 Columbus, GA

A group of my friends and I went on a cruise two years ago, we had wonderful time, the ship was very clean, food and drinks were very good, the preparation was excellent.

Mason Allen Pleasant Grove, UT

The cruise I went on with Carnival was a blast. The food, entertainment, and deck areas were surprisingly good. The back pool and hot tub was closed almost every day because the same kid would throw up in there and the crew took their sweet time to clean it so the front pool got super crowded. That was really annoying. We got stranded outside of port due to fog and the crew did a great job of making sure we were all fed and comfortable.

Elsie Texas City, TX

I have been on 10 Carnival Cruises and have enjoyed them all. The last cruise was alittle disappointing. They have changed some of the small but important things. There was not an ice bucket or ice in our room. We did not get the chocolates in our room, and any extra condiments in the restrooms like we had in the past. When I asked about them, they said they were stopping that as a means to become more Americanish so that people would like that better. I had to ask for a spoon at the dinners so I could stir the tea. They said they were setting the tables now the way the Americans are use to. We use spoons in Texas to stir our tea!! I made a reservation for my 11th cruise but it will be on Royal Caribbean this time.

Kenneth May Atlanta, GA

ive been on a few cruises with carnival and 1 with rci and we are hooked on carnival the best part of going on rci is we had most our kids and 2 of our grand kids with us but now for a real cruise line keep doing what your doing CCL you have us for life great food very well thought out entertainment each night halarious comidy shows if you dont have fun with CCL your most likely a stick in the mud and noting is going to be right for you anyway! Anyway I have a blast each cruise and am booked for another cruise in april now for the only down side we alwas liked to book a balcony for our cruises so we could enjoy the nights under the stars with a glass of wine and a smoke befor bed this cruise i have booked now will be a inside cabin since you are no longer allowed to smoke on the balconys just a thought yes we shouldnt subject others with our smoking any more than nessary but you would think a company that would do so much work to make shure your entertained would have thought out this rule better like give one side of the ships balconys to the none smoker and let us smoke on the other side of the ship im shure everyone would agree its a far better solution carnival already tryed making a ship a smoke free ship and couldnt keep it booked out and ended up loosing a lot of money on that ship that year so being a old country boy that would tell me that there are a lot of people that still smoke and wouldnt even try a ship that is smoke free

Robert Wood Fort Pierce, FL

I have been on 10 cruises all with Carnival. From my very first cruise on the Destiny from San Juan to my 11th cruise on the Sunshine from Canaveral, every cruise has been great. The staff on board always pleasant and very attentive. Rooms were always perfect. Anything we ask for within reason was always immediately taken care of. I am completely satisfied and look forward to more cruises in the future. Thank you Carnival again!

DanaK Elizabethtown, KY

I have been on 12+ cruises - all on Carnival Cruises. I absolutely love them. I disagree with your above "Bad" review stating that "... most options available on the ship are geared toward kids and teenagers and create loud noises that may be disturbing for those wanting to relax." There are all sorts of places to walk along the ship and find places that are "quiet" and "relaxing". Carnival staff are courteous, helpful and friendly. I recommend Carnival to everyone! Love to cruise and can't wait for our next one!

Dave Pauley Charleston, WV

We just completed our cruise on 11/8 on the Sunshine and we had great service on the ship, the Brunch was very good, only thing we did not like was the casino was all smoking, We had read lots of bad reviews which we did not find any of those problems. One person posted that they was maintenance going on lots of times, well I think that would be great, things break. we also talked to a few who complained about any and everything one even before we were on the ship.

Sherry McCoy Newberry, FL

I'm Tim, we cruised on Carnival first time for a family cruise. It was absolutely AWESOME. Staff was superb, food plenty and excellent. Stateroom comfy and clean every time we left and returned it was cleaned. If my wife and I wanted quiet it was easily found and if we wanted to party...well just say Carnival knows how to do that. The kids and grandson found plenty to do also and were excited every single day of the 7 day cruise. I can't say enough about our first time experience and can't wait for the second. Thanks Carnival

Dorinda Drake Rupert Cedar Hill, TX

Sailed on my 10th. cruise in September, there were 15 of us! Out of the 4, 5 & 7 day cruises that we've been on, the 7 day is by far my favorite. We try to go once a year and have gotten the entire family hooked so now we have a Family & Friends cruise annually, once there were 24 of us! What great times & memories! Our next will be on the Breeze in August, 2016. I really don't care where it's going, just love being on the ship! If I can't find hubby, he's at the ice cream machine and if you're looking for me, I'm in the casino!

Iris Savoy Woodbridge, VA

My experience on the Carnival Ecstasy was wonderful except for getting a cold. I took advantage of the airport check-in and bus transportation from the airport to ship and back. Great! The room was a little smokey and the bathroom smelled but I brought a bottle of air fishner and the smells disappeared. Bathroom broke and the attendants had called the maintenance crew immediately and the sink was fixed.

Paul Gahley

We traveled in June 2015 to Porto Rico with a stop in Grand Turk on the way back, it was my wife's birthday. We had been there in Sep, by mistake, weather divert, and wanted to go back to celebrate her birthday there. The Cruise on the Glory was one of many we have taken with Carnival and we always have a great time and good memories. This was our second time on the Glory and it was even better than the last. Great ship, wonderful crew and memories to last a life time. Thank you Carnival.

Carol Rickards Ponca City, OK

i have been on many carnival cruises and they have all been great. first cruise was most exciting as i had never seen a ship. it was the carnivale-a small ship. food and entertainment is great. i have gone with friends and family on long and short cruises. i have been to alaska,hawaii and carribean. i have gone out of galvestin, new orleans, miami, port canaveral, tampa florida ect. love cruising.

Brad Sapp Las Vegas, NV

We sail for my 10th cruise in December, and my wife's 24th. We have been treated like gold on every trip, the crews are great. Love the fresh coffee in the morning and the BLT's in the evening. The dining room has a great choice of food, and I have to admit I am a picky eater and I always find something great. Thank you, I look forward to many more cruises with Carnival.

Rita Robinson Alsip, IL

My Cruise was October 4, 2015. Boarded Carnival Liberty in Puerto Rico. Everything was just the way I hoped it to be. The employees who were on our cruise were helpful kind and funny. I'm so looking forward to another Cruise. My sister and I sailed together. I was impressed by every aspect of the ship. The food was very good. Especially in the Diamond Steakhouse. I had Shrimp Brule'e with Lobster sauce that was to die for. It was compliments of the Chef and the Rosemary Focachia and the Biroche Rolls were heavenly. The tours we went on Movie night it was all wonderful I would recommend Carnival Liberty to anyone going on their first Cruise.

Neville Roberts Sanford, FL

we have travelled many times on carnival and royal, both were excellent , I compare cruises of today with those of the 50s and 60s they are a lot different in so far as entertainment and food service , the early years it was for relaxing more, with not a lot of entertainment. now its more for the masses , and I think that carnival is the best value overall. will be on our next one in 12 days .

Elizabeth Tofting Modesto, CA

I have been on 3 Carnival Cruises.. My first cruise was the 3 day to Ensenada on the Carnival Inspiration. The crew was wonderful and very helpful for a 1st time cruiser. The service was superb. They had me hooked on cruising!!! My 2nd cruise was on Carnival Glory 7day Western Caribbean cruise. My daughter and I had so much fun from beginning to end. Again the crew was wonderful and always ready to assist. The ports were AWESOME! The food was EXCELLENT!!! Definitely would cruise with them again... My most recent cruise on the Carnival Miracle 7 day Mexican Riveria was a family trip with 13 of us.. Although I had a great time, the service compared to the other 2 cruises let me down a little bit (not enough to not cruise again). On several occasion even after speaking with the Maître di, we had issues being able to have our large group sit closely together at dinner. This included his suggestion that we make sure to get to dinner early. We were the 2nd group in line and actually ended sitting further apart than when we arrived later. Another down fall was that one of the bartenders on the lido deck appeared to not enjoy her job and if you ordered from her, the attitude she presented could be a spirit dropper. The last issue I had was the last day and all of a sudden our room steward (who had been wonderful) was ready to move on to the next group of people and even informed me of this when I didn't rush to leave my room so he could start preparing for the next day. Now if you love Martinis you have to go the Alchemy Bar and hope that Jason is still there, HE WAS AWESOME ALL THE TIME!!! (and I'm not even a martini drinker..lol. Carnival is kid friendly and guarantee they will want to go on another cruise before you get off your current one. Whatever you do go expect to have a FANTASTIC time and you will.

Patty Maakestad Homosassa, FL

Just got home from my 21st Carnival Cruise yesterday. Legend (6), Freedom (3), Victory (2), Dream (2), Pride, Glory, Sensation, Imagination, Liberty, Breeze, Destiny, and Valor.As always, had a great time! Crew was wonderful, food was great, entertainment great, and Balcony was great. My only wish is they would add more non smoking machines in the casino and separate the casino into smoking and non smoking sections. We have also sailed with Royal Caribbean, Holland America and Celebrity in the past and Carnival is our favorite by far!

Susan Amedo Sarasota, FL

I have been on 11 cruises with Carnival as well as other lines. Carnival staff is top notch! I find that I have enjoyed Carnival the most out of all my cruises - Always have fun entertainment, great food, excellent staff, ship layouts are pretty well thought out & all around the most fun of all my cruises. Not to mention the best bang for your buck!I highly recommend for the laid back fun loving enthusiast!!

karan Victorville, CA

I have cruised with Carnival 5 times. When I was leaving this last time a comment was (ugh) Well I love Carnival. I have had wonderful experiences each time. The lay out of the ships are GREAT. And the food has always been top notch. The only thing negative is the music. It is for the younger group. I am a dancer, and do not do the free style.

Ray Sicklerville, NJ

Our very first cruise was on the Carnival Victory out of New York to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, Canada. We wanted to see if we like cruising. Needless to say we have been on about 8 cruises, all with Carnival and one to the Mediterranean on Norwegian. However Carnival has been great and one of our last cruises was on the Breeze...an amazing ship!!!! We have had nothing but great experiences and enjoy it a lot. Great ships and Cruise Line!! Thank you!