Carnival Cruise Lines Logo

Carnival Cruise Lines

9.6

Deborah Chicago, IL

I love Carnival because when I'm on vacation I love to party, I've sailed Royal and I loved their deck party, but that was it -- Carnival all the way for me!!!

neada hunt Bonaire, GA

I went on my first cruise in Oct, it was so much fun, a couple of my family members were first time cruisers as well, i am planning to cruise again soon

Cindi Mowers Loudon, TN

We have cruised with Carnival 3 times. Our first 2 cruises were fun, food was good, enjoyed them. Our last cruise became pure hell. After getting to the final check in to get our cards (we were gold members), they realized after going through 3 check points we were at the wrong ship. After escorting us to the right ship and assuring us everything would be ok, our luggage never made it. We were going to Jamaica and Grand Cayman, with no clothes except the jeans and t-shirts we had on. After pitching a fit we were called to the principals office the next day to get our hands slapped and told if there were any more problems we would be put off the ship. We were offered a 20% discount in the gift shop which doesn't even carry bathing suits and a free laundry coupon, for what laundry I still don't know. We were also told we could dress casual in main dining room. Needless to say our first stop in Jamaica was not the beach but to find bathing suits. When we arrived back in Miami as we were disembarking we were held by staff till 2 officers came up to us wanting us to sign letters stating we would never cruise with carnival again. We laughed at them and told them to send it to our attorney. The officers were rude, and we then had to wait for them to find our luggage after we waited for over an hour in port. Good thing we had booked 2 days in Key West upon our return. We would love to give Carnival another shot, but are very skeptical.

Desi Culpepper Dallas, TX

Carnival is the Fun Ship! The rates are just one of the reason's, the food, the staff, the over all is the best vacation we could ever have! Thank you Carnival!

Tiffany Smith-Teasley Athens, GA

I love the cruise line, and cruises, but I wish that they would go back to when you could purchase vouchers during a cruise for future cruises. It was cheaper deposits, and made it easier to book future cruises.

Barbara Rhodes West Monroe, LA

I have been on the Conquest a few times, but just got off a cruise on 9/26 that left me so disappointed. It use to be my favorite but no more. The service was fine what little there was. You could tell that Carnival has cut back, you don't see as much staff as before. We had some rain and I had my feet covered with water going from 9 to 10. Use to always see them pushing water to the drains. I don't know about other people but would pay a little more for better service. Every time we go back they have dropped something else. It may be a small thing but it made Carnival special!

Audrey Stocking Fayetteville, NC

I've always sailed on Carnival.Since 1987 I've never had a bad cruise.I love all the activities on the ship. I love the shows, never miss one. I love all the ships!

theresa minter Middle River, MD

from the time we got on board at port the ship was vibrating bad then has we started sailing the vibrating got worse then we had a engine fire that delayed us from half moon cay so that was cut short our cabin was suppose to be close to my daughter's room her was mid-ship ours was at back of ship fridg.didn't work right the water we bought wasn't cold then air condition would shut down in the middle of night and get hot in room the safe didn't work had to have them fix it then coming back in was so rough that my husband got up to go to bathroom and lost his balance and scraped his head on bed my niece was get down off the bed on ladder and the ladder shifted from it being to rough and she fell on floor crew members were sweet hearts but the ship over all sucked and i would not cruise carnvial again and i wouldn't recommen to family or friends and when your cruisen with 8 people and it is there first time and you want them to have a good time and this happens i felt really bad because i recommened carnival pride because i cruised it in 2009 parent don't watch there kids they let them do what ever so the can do there drinking witch i feel kids at a certain age there parents should be present

Sheila Nemeth Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

W I really loved and very happy .as my second vacation with Carnival. The food was delicious, fresh,The rooms so clean the staff the best, I will go back in the future.

Char Deland, FL

My very favorite cruise line...can't be beat !!! The best Lido deck and the dining room is excellent too. They also have great prices...can't find anything wrong.

Rodney Ross Seymour, TX

Carnival is the absolute best. I have 39 cruises with them and everyone has been more than awesome. Price and fun for each dollar spent is outstanding.

Judy Rienzi, MS

I have been on 20 carnival cruises an had fun on every one I love to cruise with carnival....Been on other cruise lines but have more fun on carnival.

Todd Kowalcyk Alexandria, VA

I'll be going on my sixth Carnival cruise tomorrow. I happen to enjoy the colorful and boisterous entertainment options in a laid-back party-style atmosphere.

ed Saint Petersburg, FL

Been on Carnival 15 times, have enjoyed every cruise!! The ships are all very nice, and the staff have always been excellent. Leaving on one in79 days can'y wait!

Marjorie Lupo Saint Petersburg, FL

Other than the time they lost my manual wheelchair for more than a month in 2012, which they were not at all apologetic for, I have had great experiences. I can honestly say though that I will never forget how they treated my missing wheelchair situation

Fred DeDen Murrieta, CA

Carnival is geared more to kids. They have fun on water slide. They also enjoy singing and dance after dinner. Delivery of food in formal dinning is fast.. Newer ships compare to Royal Caribean & Princess

Ada Orlando, FL

Carnival ships aren't stunning but if you just want to go just to visit the ports of call this is a good way to do it. Been on 5 cruises with carnival and had a bad experiences on 2 of them( one was on dining service & the other one on cabin). Going on another one in 2 weeks and had read not such good reviews lately hopefully I don't get to have a bad experience.

Anthony Liesenfelder Milwaukee, WI

we were on the breeze for our 20th wedding anniversary the last week of august,all I have to say is don't ever get rid of Matt the cruise derector, he is the best ever.

Carolina Cruiser Yadkinville, NC

I have cruised 12 times and 11 were with Carnival. I have cruised in groups, with family and just a couple. Every cruise was great and I will continue to use Carnival. I miss the certificates that I once could purchase toward future cruises. I would love to see more and bigger ships at Charleston, SC. it is my closest port to me.

Earnest Bubba Whatley Lorida, FL

I cruised from Seattle, Wash. to Alaska on the Carnival Legend for my first cruise, and it was wonderful, and the crew was so friendly and helpful. I will cruise again.

Ron Seigman

They do have some ups & downs on any cruise lines. We have been on 5 cruises with Carnival. The first one was on the Liberty. The crew was great, activities director was always around meeting & greeting , but could not go on to many excursions because of medical problems . Next cruise had people offering me pot to smoke on deck 10. I thought where is security. Another cruise we were able to smoke on our balcony & now you can't all because someone was careless with ashes. I always had a empty bottle with water in it for ashtray. Another cruise was nothing but gamblers. If you wanted a machine you had to get on it by 6:00 in the morning and couldn't leave or you would loose it . What they need is more for the handi-capped. Got off the Breeze and they were loading about 20 video games for the kids & redoing the teen area.

Marlene Kirkpatrick West Chester, OH

I have to say that this cruise is NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY AT ALL.....It is only for those cruisers who are out to drink and party the whole cruise away. As for kids programs, if you are there to party and just have your kids babysat, then this is the cruise for you. If you are a family who is hoping to have family activities together, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR YOUR TIME. The only thing onboard the cruiseship to do together with your child is swim, and use the water slides. When a parent tries to go to the child area to participate in an activity, they forbid it. Really....this is ridiculous. For example, let's build a volcano for three days and watch it erupt, but parents can't be part of that. The only family activities with the kids club was the digital scavenger hunt and the Beary Cuddly activity (which is extra). The thing that really worried me about the kids program was even though they are supposed to check the kids out when they leave, they tried to send the wrong child to the desk for me when I went to pick mine up. Just think, if my child was too young to speak or had trouble speaking, it could have been a HUGE PROBLEM. :( Yes she went back, but I pointed this out to the staff. If you have an older parent with you who is in a wheelchair, forget having easy access to anything. Even the hot tub did not have stairs for them to get into, even in the adult serenity area. The pool had no access at all for them. Even when I asked about shore excursions I was told that nothing was wheelchair accessable. GUESS WHAT, WHEN I BOOKED THIS CRUISE THIS IS NOT WHAT I WAS TOLD. :( You have to go way out of the way to get an elevator to go to dinner or get anywhere else on the ship. Forget wanting to play put put golf with them, because guess what, no elevator to the sun deck. One good thing was the Seuss at Sea program, but even this was only three activities during the week which lasted only about an hour each, and one of the programs was an additional charge. The water onbard the ship tasted like they obtained it from the toilet bowl, IT WAS AWFUL. The food was hit and miss with the best thing onboard being the hamburgers and the ice cream. The pizza was like cardboard with no taste. Even the sit down dining area left much to be desired with the quality of the food. My husband ordered prime rib and it tasted like rubber bands and had more fat than meat. The sad thing is that other cruise lines like NCL and Disney have family acitivites where the whole family participates and there is a different show every night. They have wheelchair accessable programs and excursions every place that they go. The only two shows on this cruise were presented on two nights out of the whole cruise. Every other night if you don't drink or gamble, forget it, nothing to do. Let's just say, carnival will never get my money again. NCL AND DISNEY, I SHOULD'VE KNOWN TO ONLY GO WITH YOU. Less   See Carnival Fascination

Karen Peiffer Littleton, CO

The last time my husband and I sailed Carnival was probably the last time we will sail them. We took a Caribbean cruise on Carnival Liberty in May, 2013. We booked a junior suite and it was very, very spacious but we were disappointed that the sofa was covered in cheap vinyl and had the overall appearance of a motel 6. Our biggest disappointment was the staff. We normally get to know our wait staff in the dining room and have tons of fun. The staff on this cruise talked among themselves and ignored the guests. I had to repeatedly ask for simple things such as silverware. No one ever brought my coffee after numerous requests. I tried to be patient and kind but we were ignored. The overall attitude of the crew seemed to be "just do the minimum and get these people out of my face" rather than being the usual friendly folk they are. I attribute this to management. There is nothing wrong with Carnival ships, they are Vegas glitzy and made to encourage fun. The fun we had on this ship was that we made for ourselves. I hope that the attitude of the crew has changed on Liberty. I would love to go back one day but with so many other wonderful lines to choose from, maybe not.

jerry La Place, LA

had problems getting scooters over the door ways while boarding. sent email to ,iami that is only 11/2 clearance on scooters they seem to fix the problem

Mark Paul Alves Sr. Port Saint Lucie, FL

My wife and I have been on 7 cruises so far with Carnival and are already book on one for next year for her birthday. Yes some of our cruises were better then others but over all we have a great time on the Carnival ships!!

Darla Cox Abilene, TX

We have gone on six Carnival Cruises, and have always been very pleased and had a wonderful time! We can't wait to go on our next one in April, 2016. The excursions we have taken have also been wonderful!

Wanda Bilyeu Smyrna, GA

I always have a great time every time we go on a Carnival cruise. The people are nice and helpful and the food is very good. the shows are good and you get to relax the whole time. Thanks Carnival for an enjoyable vacation every time.

Brenda Caletka Houston, TX

Been on seven Carnival cruises since 2004 and have enjoyed all of them. The entertainment is not always new but for the money we always have a great time. Can't wait until my December Carnival cruise.

Megan Ritz Carterville, IL

been on 2 carnival cruises and looking forward to planning the next one. they are relaxing and full of things to do and see absolutely the best vacations I have taking

Janet Justice Moultrie, GA

I have been on 5 Carnival Cruises, 1 from Miami, 2 from Tampa and 2 from Jacksonville. All have been fantastic. Each one was different but awesome. Carnival is the only cruise line I will use!

Paul Atkinson, NH

We have cruised with Carnivale 21 times and have always had a good time. We relalize costs are always increasing but have noticed a big decline in the food offerings on the menues. there are better options available to keep down costs than they are selecting.

Jon Graziano New York, NY

We took Carnival Splendor June 17th 2015 because last year we were on this ship and it was wonderful.. This year was not so great and a lot of people we met on the ship had complaints. My first issue was with Bradley at the front desk. If there was an award for the most rude and nasty of the ship, Bradley would have won. Also Eduardo when getting of at the islands talked to guests of the ship as if they were 3 years old. Myself and a few others had to put him in his place. On the Lido desk they ran out of food and you had to ask 3 or 4 times for them to bring more of an item out. My thing is when you see something getting low refill it. Common sense. For breakfast in the dinning room, the staff they had in the morning really didnt care to be there. You order something like egg and they bring you a bagel, ask for ketchup they bring you an ounce.. This was our third cruise with carnival and the First one was bad and now the third one. I guess you get what you pay for. We most likely will not be cruising with this cruise line again!

Lucille Burnside Clarks Summit, PA

I have traveled on Carnival 4 times now and enjoyed the cruises it truly the fun ship, but we just came back from a Carribean cruise for 8 days on the Carnival Splendor and it was the worst we had ever experienced. The food was terrible and the staff was very un friendly programs were geared to health issues and not fun things to do. This was my 2 cruise on the Splendor so I know they can do better, If Carnival wanted to deter you from taking another cruise with them they sure showed it this time. Felt insulted being a prior Carnival cruiser.

BRIAN&TAMMY Marrero, LA

Each ship is diff some ships r big some r small the food is good on some ships some bad smoke was bad in the casinos of all the ships if u don t like alot of kids go when they in school we had a bad 7 days on the dream weather is going too be before u go the food is so so it was nice too talk too other people on the ship getting on and off the ship was great u pay a fee u do it faster we took 6 cruises we do it again they do need too go down om there prices tho

Sandy Kurz Buffalo, NY

I have never had a bad trip on carnival. been on at least 12 cruises and everyone was great. The staff was great. Planning on going on another in December.

David Atchison Bloomington, IN

Took our First Cruise with friends that was on their fourth, On carnival Ecstasy, The Porter (Ivan) was great, I'd give him and his staff a10, however that is only a small part of the cruise. The food was ok, when you could get it. Long lines and then picked over. One night we had Shrimp and lobster, Great, but a guy sitting next to us had no less than 10 lobster tails. the next morning a lady ask for extra bacon for her friend at her table and the server would NOT let her take anymore, excuse me but I didn't realize we had a pig shortage. Couldn't get anything to drink at the inside buffet except tea or lemonade, passion fruit / OJ, was out side but not inside. The ice cream machine (ONLY ONE) aboard ship was always out or was melted to the point of chocolate milk. The entertainment, Spike Davis was OUTSTANDING, he was the best part of the whole thing. the excursion was Bad. we did the electric bikes, snorkeling. the bikes where junk, my back tire was about to fall off, and our friends bike took off when the key was turned on. Our guide for the excursion took real good care of us and was a great guy, the snorkeling was GREAT, but only about 15 - 20 minutes in the water, Our cabin was on the Rivera deck and we had extra furniture in our room, with cramped quarters anyway this really made things tight. If you ask me if I'll take another cruise with Carnival? I don't know. I talked to them about these and other complaints and all they wanted to talk about was booking me for another cruise, I doubt I'd do it again unless they make good on the nightmare one we just had. we left port in Miami June 15 - 19th, 2015, on Ecstasy.

Joginder Singh Hayward, CA

Just got off the carnival Inspiration , This is our second cruise ,The crew was fabulous and treated everyone like royalty. The food was fabulous, with options for everyone and food service at all times.

barbara sypien Titusville, FL

We took 2 Carnival cruises. The first was not too bad and we had fun with our friends. The second was horrible, even with the same friends. The crew was rude and walked away when asked a question and refused to help load up the wet towels. Dinner was a horror show. Food was aweful and it took an hour just to get my salad. The entertainment was not existent and we will never do Carnival again. However, we are getting ready for our next cruise. It will be our 67th cruise on Disney and we will NEVER stray again and are booked with Disney thru cruise #70. Carnival is NO comparison to Disney. They are the best on the 7 seas.

Mary Aliff Charleston, WV

My very first cruise ever. A two year cancer patient and in remission not quite a year. So I treat myself with my two grandsons with a Carnival Victory cruise. Very costly for the three of us. Supposed to have 2 twin beds and a trundle bed or whatever. To my dismay, we had 2 twins beds and a 2 seated couch with a mattress on it. I'm 5'3" and I wouldn't fit on it. Went through it for 3 nights of my 5 day cruise with neck hurting and ask our guy taking care of our room for a bed. He was helpful and brought us a roll away bed. We were climbing over top of one another to get to the restroom. I called Carnival about it and they want to give me 15% off next cruise which I doubt I would ever take with them again. Or $245. refund! I paid approximately $2400. for the cruise. Something don't add up and I have pictures of what we endured. They don't want them. Sadly, I talked to another lady on the cruise from Australia and she was done the same way. How many people do they do this to????? Very upset!!!

Pat Griggs Lancaster, PA

enjoyed 5 wonderful cruises with Carnival. Took two teenage granddaughters with us, and they loved their youth activities. would go again in a heartbeat!

[email protected] Lewisburg, OH

we had a very bad experience,we took a cruise,or should i say we booked a cruise for that date ,we got on the ship 3days later(mar 30th,we were suppose to get on mar 28th) .. due to plane departure,and carnival cruise lines,we purchased transfers,when we got to miami ,we called and they said they would send someone and never did,about a half an hour later we got a taxi, we were 3 minutes late ,After extensive travel ,getting on 7 planes ,we finally got on.some at our expense we got on ship at Domonic Republic on tues, which made it a 5 day instead of 8 day, we bougt insurance.we only got back 500 apiece,which was our out of pocket we expences, We contacted carnivale .they would do nothing, we have traveled carnivale lmany times,we probably wont ever again!We didnt expect a full refund, but we at least thought,they would offer another cruise at a discounted price,

Patricia Hildebrand Davenport, FL

Took 6 carnival cruises last year....the Liberty is the best! However, the changes to the gold level have left us less than pleased. First as a reward for multiple cruises we were gifted with a drink, with limited time to use it, we managed. That was taken away and we were rewarded with a bottle of water instead. This was in addition to the cocktail party to which we were invited. Now the party has been taken away and we are back to having a "free" drink with stipulation that it be used on the last evening....what the heck, it wasn't great using the first drink as it had to be morning or seaday brunch, and now that the drink is back and the party is gone, we have only one evening in which to enjoy the drink. Think the bottom line is getting in the way of customer service and encouraging returning guests.

Debi Mullen Sarasota, FL

Our experience with Carnival?? I will NEVER take a Carnival ship again!!!! We are 4 star mariners with Holland America--did they change when Carnival bought them??? Yes, the entire cruise line changed. No more personal experiences with the crew, no more Holland nights, nothing personal as before. When we cruised with Carnival?? One cruise we would not even go to dinner due to the mess of teen agers on the cruise. Another cruise we could not even get into a bar due to the under age kids drinking in the bars. Holland America we love and cruise 2 x a year---do we like it as much as we did when we first started cruising with them?? No, not since Carnival cheapened their style, we will stick with Holland and never ever cruise on Carnival again!!!

b. kloss Pinehurst, NC

Just did the Carnival Conquest. Loved it. Loved the towel display they did at the pool. really neat. The hamburger food bar was good beef and excellent taste. Cant wait to go on it to aruba and the other islands. Always enjoy turks for Carnivals stop at go to jim buffets Margaretaville.

Myken Salt Lake City, UT

I traveled on a Carnival Cruise a few years ago and had an awesome experience. The food, customer service, room cleanliness and amenities were great and comfortable and the value for the price was Unbeatable!

Msindoni Pembroke Pines, FL

Carnival Cruise Lines is definitely the cruise your family wants to go on. I am a Gold member and always have a great experience while cruising with them. Their entertainment is the best out of any cruise I've been on.

Tyler Jenkins Hattiesburg, MS

I went on a cruise with my family a few years ago and it was one of the most memorable things I’ve ever done. The food was great, the service was great, and the excursions on the trip were wonderful!

Janie Dennis Tallahassee, FL

This company is so inexpensive and they are known for their unique deal of unlimited drinks! A lot of us prefer that option versus unlimited food! I was happy with the smooth process!

Steve Laird Midvale, UT

We have enjoyed cruising with Carnival. We took our very first cruise with Carnival and we are hooked. We loved the ports and the entertainment on board. The family game shows are so fun to watch and participate in. Our room was very comfortable and the staff was very friendly.

Sandi Burkinshaw South Jordan, UT

Love Carnival cruise line for family vacations. Most recently spent 6 nights on the Carnival Magic with my family, 7 adults, 7 kids. fun for all. Spent our days in the sun and our evenings watching shows and dancing away. Food was good, service incredible.