1. Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Cruise Lines operates 24 ships featuring voyages lasting three to fourteen days. Destinations include the Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico, Europe, Alaska, Canada, New England, Hawaii, Bermuda, and Australia. All cruises are family-friendly with lots of activities for children and teenagers to enjoy. Two formal nights are standard on cruises lasting seven nights. Normal attire for men includes dark suits or sport coats and ties. For shorter trips, one night is usually required. All other nights are casual and allow jeans or dress shorts to be worn in the dining areas. The cruise ships request that cutoffs and short-shorts not be worn after 6 p.m.

The Good

• Great entertainment options
  • Discounts and deals available
  • Vacation protection

Entertainment Options

Carnival ships contain high-energy entertainment options, from Las Vegas styled revues to glitzy casinos, live bands and comedy shows. You can work out in the fitness center or take a run along a jogging track that encircles the outer portion of the ship. Families can watch movies on a giant outdoor screen or head to the waterpark. Tons of activities are available for children of all ages. Shopping includes themed stores for kids including a candy store.

Discounts and Deals

The Carnival Cruise's website offers features to help you plan your vacation and find the lowest prices and discounts on upcoming cruises. Senior discounts, military discounts and other incentives are available as well. If you find a better Carnival advertised deal somewhere else within two days of booking a cruise, Carnival will give you 110 percent of the difference in onboard credit.

Vacation Protection

Carnival tries to protect their guests when making a reservation through their cruise lines. They understand that some may need to utilize travel insurance. Carnival's Cruise Vacation Protection protects you with a 100 percent cash reimbursement of applicable penalties for cancellations due to specified reasons, such as:

• Someone in your immediate family has an illness or injury, even if they aren't scheduled to travel with you.
  • You become ill and can't travel.
  • You are involuntarily terminated or laid off by an employer.
  • A severe weather watch or warning is issued and affects your travel to the port of embarkation.
  • A common carrier delay due to inclement weather causes you to miss more than 50 percent of your cruise vacation.
  • Or, if you must cancel for any other reason, our new "Cancel for Any Reason" feature will provide a future cruise credit equal to 75 percent of the applicable penalties.

Amenities

Carnival Cruise Lines feature six dining options on their ships which include seafood, burgers, steakhouse, Italian cuisine, Mexican cuisine, and a themed restaurant for kids called Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast. A jogging track encircles the outer part of the ship. Spa services, hair salon, and fitness center services are also available. Standard amenities on each Carnival ship also include:

• 24 hour room service and room steward
  • Soft cozy linens and bathrobes
  • Nightly turndown services
  • Telephone and Television
  • Individual Climate Control
  • Personal Safe for Valuables

Destinations

Carnival Cruise ships travel to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico, Europe, Alaska, Canada, New England, Hawaii, Bermuda, and Australia. Dates and times for when these cruise ships depart depend on a number of contributing factors. Pricing information for some of these destinations are broken down as follows:

• Alaska: $697-$829 per person for a seven day trip
  • Caribbean: $159 per person for four days
  • Mexico: $169 per person for two days- $879 per person for thirteen days
  • Europe: $749 per person for eight days - $1,599 per person for thirteen days

Transportation to and from the cruise ship (back to the airport) is also included. Transportation from the airports in New York, Los Angeles, Orlando, and others are available. Cruises are available all year long and can extend anywhere from three to fourteen days.

The Bad

• Not a relaxing environment
  • Other fees can stack up
  • Babysitting not included

Not for a Relaxing Getaway

For those who are looking for a quiet and relaxing getaway, Carnival Cruises may not be the ideal choice. Large crowds and boisterous entertainment options are ongoing throughout the length of the cruise. There are areas of the ship that are private retreats to get away from the bustle, but most options available on the ship are geared toward kids and teenagers and create loud noises that may be disturbing for those wanting to relax.

Other Fees

Offshore excursions cost extra and can be a bit pricey for families seeking an affordable vacation experience. Some of the activities onboard cost extra as well. It is too easy to rack up a large vacation bill with the extra costs involved. Most children's activities are free, but late-night party program fees and video game charges can add up quickly. On top of regular rates, other costs may include:

• Taxes, fees, and port expenses range from $42.38 to $324.27
  • A $50 change fee per guest will be assessed for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date.
  • Gratuities cost $12 per person per day and covers dining and room steward services

Babysitting is not Included

Because of the large number of people on board the cruise ships, individual attention may lack on occasion and it may be hard to get the attention of attendants should you need anything. Babysitting is available, but it costs extra. The rate for babysitting is $6 per hour, and $4 for each additional child. For those with infants, you will be required to provide staff with diapers and wipes for children under two years old.

The Bottom Line

Carnival cruises are designed for families seeking a high-octane and affordable vacation. Carnival Cruises is perfect for those seeking colorful and boisterous entertainment options in a laid-back party-style atmosphere. If you are looking for luxury options or personalized attention Carnival Cruises may not be the best choice for you.

All in all we recommend Carnival Cruise Lines for having a great get-a-way experience.

Brad Sapp

October 28th, 2015 Las Vegas, NV

We sail for my 10th cruise in December, and my wife's 24th. We have been treated like gold on every trip, the crews are great. Love the fresh coffee in the morning and the BLT's in the evening. The dining room has a great choice of food, and I have to admit I am a picky eater and I always find something great. Thank you, I look forward to many more cruises with Carnival.

Rita Robinson

October 28th, 2015 Alsip, IL

My Cruise was October 4, 2015. Boarded Carnival Liberty in Puerto Rico. Everything was just the way I hoped it to be. The employees who were on our cruise were helpful kind and funny. I'm so looking forward to another Cruise. My sister and I sailed together. I was impressed by every aspect of the ship. The food was very good. Especially in the Diamond Steakhouse. I had Shrimp Brule'e with Lobster sauce that was to die for. It was compliments of the Chef and the Rosemary Focachia and the Biroche Rolls were heavenly. The tours we went on Movie night it was all wonderful I would recommend Carnival Liberty to anyone going on their first Cruise.

sherry

October 27th, 2015 Kittanning, PA

We sailed Sept 25, 2015 on the Carnival Valor and it was the worst cruise ever. The ship was dirty, a sewage smell on the boat, the food was cold and lousy and the workers were rued and our ship director and entertainment stunk. You contact guest care for Carnival with your complaints and concerns and all you get back from them is I apologize and we will look into it, piss poor if you ask me. Please research your ship before you book it and be aware if they switch your ship. The Valor is not what we booked for. I have since read the reviews since we have been home and let me tell you, they are terrible week after week. So Carnival does nothing to change things.

Maria

October 27th, 2015 Dallas, TX

you don't mention that there is a fee for vacation protection. I was booked for a cruise last year and became ill Carnival didn't work with me to rebook for a later date or even offer a partial refund-I had charged my cruise which I am still paying for I was very disappointed with their response. I like Carnival and plan to cruise with them again but I will have to pay extra for protection since I am a senior and you never know when you will get sick. I had bought a discount for a future cruise on one of my many cruises and lost the certificate Carnival couldn't help me with that either so that was money lost.

Neville Roberts

October 27th, 2015 Sanford, FL

we have travelled many times on carnival and royal, both were excellent , I compare cruises of today with those of the 50s and 60s they are a lot different in so far as entertainment and food service , the early years it was for relaxing more, with not a lot of entertainment. now its more for the masses , and I think that carnival is the best value overall. will be on our next one in 12 days .

Joseph Guinn

October 27th, 2015 San Antonio, TX

Carnival is great for what it is: low cost and fun. I have been on Royal Caribbean and Carnival and while Royal has gorgeous ships I still have a love for Carnival. The staff is always friendly and polite, the food is always great and I leave feeling my money was well-spent. I look forward to more cruises! Cruise History: Carnival Triumph (5 Nights) Carnival Magic (7 Nights) Carnival Magic (7 Nights) Carnival Triumph (5 Nights) Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas (7 Nights) Carnival Freedom (7 Nights)

Mary

October 26th, 2015 Texarkana, TX

I cruised Carnival Freedom in early October. Love it...best cruise director we ever had.

Elizabeth Tofting

October 26th, 2015 Modesto, CA

I have been on 3 Carnival Cruises.. My first cruise was the 3 day to Ensenada on the Carnival Inspiration. The crew was wonderful and very helpful for a 1st time cruiser. The service was superb. They had me hooked on cruising!!! My 2nd cruise was on Carnival Glory 7day Western Caribbean cruise. My daughter and I had so much fun from beginning to end. Again the crew was wonderful and always ready to assist. The ports were AWESOME! The food was EXCELLENT!!! Definitely would cruise with them again... My most recent cruise on the Carnival Miracle 7 day Mexican Riveria was a family trip with 13 of us.. Although I had a great time, the service compared to the other 2 cruises let me down a little bit (not enough to not cruise again). On several occasion even after speaking with the Maître di, we had issues being able to have our large group sit closely together at dinner. This included his suggestion that we make sure to get to dinner early. We were the 2nd group in line and actually ended sitting further apart than when we arrived later. Another down fall was that one of the bartenders on the lido deck appeared to not enjoy her job and if you ordered from her, the attitude she presented could be a spirit dropper. The last issue I had was the last day and all of a sudden our room steward (who had been wonderful) was ready to move on to the next group of people and even informed me of this when I didn't rush to leave my room so he could start preparing for the next day. Now if you love Martinis you have to go the Alchemy Bar and hope that Jason is still there, HE WAS AWESOME ALL THE TIME!!! (and I'm not even a martini drinker..lol. Carnival is kid friendly and guarantee they will want to go on another cruise before you get off your current one. Whatever you do go expect to have a FANTASTIC time and you will.

Sandra Curtis

October 25th, 2015 Hines, IL

The only thing I dislike about carnival is when they changed the rules on how to reach your next level. I was told that I was grandfathered into the old clause in which 10 cruises gave you platinum level. If I was grandfathered into the old clause then 10 cruises is 10 cruises. However they put a date on when you had to have the 10 cruises done. that is NOT how you grandfather someone in. Otherwise I LOVE Carnival. I will never travel on any other cruise line.

Patty Maakestad

October 25th, 2015 Homosassa, FL

Just got home from my 21st Carnival Cruise yesterday. Legend (6), Freedom (3), Victory (2), Dream (2), Pride, Glory, Sensation, Imagination, Liberty, Breeze, Destiny, and Valor.As always, had a great time! Crew was wonderful, food was great, entertainment great, and Balcony was great. My only wish is they would add more non smoking machines in the casino and separate the casino into smoking and non smoking sections. We have also sailed with Royal Caribbean, Holland America and Celebrity in the past and Carnival is our favorite by far!

Randy Smith

October 25th, 2015 Connellsville, PA

We have cruised with Carnival 37 times on every ship in the current fleet, plus the Holiday which was sold several times after retirement, and the Destiny, which is now hidden somewhere within the Sunshine. Carnival has a great and caring brand ambassador in John Heald and great Maitre Ds like Ken Byrne and Ante Kulusic to make you happy, happy, happy! Carnival has great Cruise Directors like Jaime Dee, Mike Pack, Josh Waitzman, Calvyn Martens, and Wee Jimmy/Ralph Valente! They also have great folks like Darnell Brown and Eden Pratten backing up the great CDs! We like the "High Octane" parties like Mardis Gras Night with Jaime Dee, Evening Trivia with Mike Pack, and Walking on Sunshine with Jaime and Darnell! We cruise with just the two of us (my wife of 37 years, Diane and myself), our family of two daughters in their 30s and their hubbies, and our three younger teen grandsons! We also cruise with our great friends Deb and Doug several times a year! There's something for everyone in our cruising group to enjoy. The Seuss-A-Palooza Parade and the formal reading of The Cat in the Hat are not to be missed! The Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast is always a hoot for all ages! We also enjoy the musical shows featuring great talents like Stephanie Morville! All of the crew members on Carnival Fun Ships are warm and friendly! We tried other cruise lines several times, but Carnival is the best for families wanting to have Fun, Fun, Fun!

Gwen Vandermartni

October 24th, 2015 Crockett, TX

I think the Carnival Cruises are equal to the high $$$ cruise lines. There is always something to do on the ship when at sea and the excursions are top notch. None of the excursions I have been on had any disappointment to it. You can tell that all the employees on the ships enjoy their jobs.

Ina Ange

October 24th, 2015 Chapin, SC

Just came back from our fourth cruise, on the Conquest this time. We had the best time and I must say a terrific crew, they were topnotch and couldn't do enough for us. Music a little on the loud side but the serenity deck made a great escape from that! Overall a great cruise again!!

Susan Amedo

October 23rd, 2015 Sarasota, FL

I have been on 11 cruises with Carnival as well as other lines. Carnival staff is top notch! I find that I have enjoyed Carnival the most out of all my cruises - Always have fun entertainment, great food, excellent staff, ship layouts are pretty well thought out & all around the most fun of all my cruises. Not to mention the best bang for your buck!I highly recommend for the laid back fun loving enthusiast!!

karan

October 23rd, 2015 Victorville, CA

I have cruised with Carnival 5 times. When I was leaving this last time a comment was (ugh) Well I love Carnival. I have had wonderful experiences each time. The lay out of the ships are GREAT. And the food has always been top notch. The only thing negative is the music. It is for the younger group. I am a dancer, and do not do the free style.

Steven C White

October 22nd, 2015 Brooklyn, NY

Carnival Cruise line is pretty OKAY, have been on several of their cruise ships in the past 6 years. i recommend Carnival highly.

Travis Howell

October 22nd, 2015 Edison, NJ

I had the best time of my life! Everything was great, the food, the service, the ship. My only small complaint would be the tvs in the rooms. Way too small! However, I will be back in May aboard the Breeze!

Neal Robins

October 21st, 2015 Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been on many Carnival Cruises and yes, it can be noisy. However, if you plan it right when the kids are in school your can have a very enjoyable trip. The food is very good, the staff is very attentive and if you have a problem, most times, it is corrected immediately. I hope to go on many more cruises with them. I have been on other lines and however I find Carnival for the price cannot be beat.

Russ McKay

October 21st, 2015 Gastonia, NC

All your plus' are minus' with us. Of the 53 cruises that we've taken only two were on Carnival and the second one was because it was cheap. Too bad because the Carnival port of Charleston is the most convenient to our home.

Ray

October 21st, 2015 Sicklerville, NJ

Our very first cruise was on the Carnival Victory out of New York to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, Canada. We wanted to see if we like cruising. Needless to say we have been on about 8 cruises, all with Carnival and one to the Mediterranean on Norwegian. However Carnival has been great and one of our last cruises was on the Breeze...an amazing ship!!!! We have had nothing but great experiences and enjoy it a lot. Great ships and Cruise Line!! Thank you!

Gary Sanders

October 21st, 2015 Amherst, OH

We have had 19 cruises on Carnival ships......all have been memorable of good service and great atmosphere......they do tend to be downsizing a bit too much over the years though.......

anthony benefield

October 21st, 2015 Duluth, GA

To me and my family carnival is the best, I am platinum, my wife & daughter are gold and my son just getting started is red, 2 sister gold

Charlie Singleton

October 21st, 2015 Riverview, FL

Carnival is a great Cruise line, I have never had a bad Cruise with Carnival, I always get a cabin at midship,which has many advantages, the service is great, the entertainment is great, the prices are compatible and Carnival is the Fun Ship! I look forward to another Carnival Cruise in the very near future...

Penny Spicer

October 21st, 2015 Valparaiso, IN

Went on the Glory was the only bad Carnival Cruise we have ever on. Food and service was bad.

Dianne Boarts

October 20th, 2015

Love Carnival and recommend it highly. Cruised another line and it wasn't half as good as Carnival. I plan on cruising with them again.

Joe Mello

October 20th, 2015 New Bedford, MA

We have been on nine Carnival Cruise ships through out the years and we don't have a bad word to say about Carnival Cruise Line. We have been on the Facination, Imagination, Inspiration, Destiny, Triumph, Valor, Legend, Miracle, and the Freedom !! All were good. All were a lot of fun and met some wonderful crew members. Never had a problem with food or anything. Crew were always there to help and be as gracious and helpful as they could be. We done the Royal Enchantment of the Seas, Explore, Adventure of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas .Those were okay..rooms were small. Even the balconies I think are small. Also done the Celebrity Summit, nice ship, but nothing but old timers on there ship was so quite by ten o'clock. The next best class of ships was Princess Caribbean that was a very nice ship. The food was incredible, they even had the lobster claws from up here in New England and they had Alaskan crab legs too. !! Haven't been on a cruise in at least three years but if we do go again it will be Carnival Cruise line for sure !!!

DW

October 20th, 2015 Gretna, NE

After 11 cruises the quality has gone downhill in all areas particularly the food. The only good food was in the steakhouse which will run you $100 for 2,

Tina L. Hayes

October 20th, 2015 Hampton, VA

The first two days were great, but then mid week we were trying to sleep because we had an early morning excursion the next day, and there was stomping and jumping on the floor above us until well past midnight, and hubby called customer service desk to have them check it out, they put him on hold and forgot about him, then when he went to complain the next day after they wouldn't let us bring canned unopened sodas on board, and confiscating them, the service desk representative acted rude and like she didn't care, so we had a very upsetting and stressful fourth day of cruise, but the rest of trip home was okay, I enjoyed the experience, but I believe we won't be going on the Splendor anytime soon, but will try another Carnival cruise liner going to western Caribbean. And will try other cruises to compare.

Jewels of da sea

October 20th, 2015 Port Orange, FL

I've been crulsing with Carnival since 1989 & always have a great time. I feel more at home when cruising with Carnival. The service is excellent & the fun factor is over the top. Here are the things I would like to see improved: make it all inclusive do not keep adding additional charges, please consider a broadway musical to your show list, pools need to be bigger they're over crowded & too many kids in the hot tubs. Your chair rules are not being enforced and timed by your employees as well as u think they are. Please don't over serve at the bars to the point where a passenger is beyond tipsy, too many kids running around , especially at night. Signs in all cabin hallways that say shhhh! Quiet zone (day and night). I must say that I have enjoyed all my cruises.

Kimberleigh Wright

October 20th, 2015 Ocala, FL

We went on Carnival Valor out of Port Canaveral. This is an old ship, not attractive, not fun. Hated the pool and spas in the adults area. Being on vacation was great, but the shows were mediocre, food was great. We got the cheers program, but our drinks seemed weak. Most days we drank at least 10 drinks and never got drunk... kinda of weird. This boat is the kind of ship that should only be used for 3 and 4 day getaways for a really cheap price.

Dolly Williams

October 18th, 2015 Austell, GA

I have cruised on the Destiny (Now Sunshine) Sensation, and the Fascination. And the were great. I just got back on the Valor yesterday, and the staff was Horrible. They were Rude, didn't care if you complained or not got Smart Mouth, The Food was Luke Warm at Best. There was a Smell of Sewage on my floor, And yet the Crew acted as if you were wrong for complaining. Even the Customer Service Desk did nothing to fix the problem. I like Carnival, but the Crew on the Ship need retraining.

Mary Cadden

October 18th, 2015 Street, MD

I have never been disappointed with my cruise experience I have been on 5 so far and looking forwards to my next one . Such a fun time aboard the ship and the food is AWESOME.

Tammy Simpson Freeman

October 18th, 2015 Kannapolis, NC

I have only cruised three times in my life. The first & my last will always be on Carnival. I Love the crew, they are all very nice & helpful in any way. I also LOVE the food especially the MDR food. I eat there Every night. The MDR food is one of the reasons I continue to cruise Carnival. Plus when we are in the MDR & we sit with other cruisers that is a great experience. I have made some life long friends from our dinner table. :-). It don't get any better. I also love the entertainment options that they give you on the ship. Soooo much fun stuff to do all day or night. And when I don't feel like taking in a show during the day I just head to the pool or the water slide & get myself a lounge chair & enjoy the sun & the water activities. Now lets don't forget about the wonderful DOD & all of their delishious drinks, Yummy. I have not had any bad experience on carnival so far. I can only say great things about them.

Tommy Davis

October 17th, 2015 Choctaw, OK

We just got back from our 3rd cruise with Carnival and have NEVER had a bad one, but I must say this one was the BEST yet. We sailed out of Galveston and did the 5 day to Progreso and Cozumel on the Triumph. What a GREAT staff and food. I highly recommend this cruise to anyone thinking about going on. If you've never been on a cruise before or have been on several you'll love this one.

Cathleen Hodge-Tyler

October 17th, 2015 Byram, MS

it's always the best vacation my family & i take, we love it!!!!!!!! they are always very accommodating to all of our needs, my group has booked our 4th next year can't wait

Dawn Muller

October 16th, 2015 East Orange, NJ

We went on our very first cruise ever Sept 12-19th on Carnival Valor..Had the best time of our lives. Staff was very friendly,staff always cleaning..Craig our cruise director was the best..Always something fun to do on board or just relax and get some sun. Weather was perfect,ocean was flatter then flat which was great since it was our first cruise. Got it comped through the casino,only had to pay port fees,taxes and gratuities which was 400 for the both of us..Already booked our next cruise to western Caribbean in January cant wait!!

Elaine Wieler Stewart

October 16th, 2015 Tallassee, AL

Carnival is the only cruise line I have been on, and will be the only cruise line I will take. There have been a couple of negative things that has happen but nobody is perfect although I have gone by myself most of my cruises I still have fun you just have to participate. I have 4 cruises paid for and ready to go on the next end of November and I will enjoy it love Carnival see you soon !!!!!!!!!

Frank

October 15th, 2015 Indio, CA

I have cruised with Carnival several times in the past. I have observed that the young crowds sometimes boisterous and exceptionally loud especially when they get drunk. At times, even the security personnel can hardly control them or maybe, there just not enough security staff to maintain peace and orderly in the ship. I suggest that they should have security personnel rooming the berthing areas at all times.

Debbie

October 15th, 2015 Gosport, IN

We have went on several cruises and only 1 time was our experience not awesome. That ship was taken out for a upgrade the very next year. With the negative experience we went on our next cruise with another line but after that cruise we went right back to Carnival. We always travel with another couple and they had the same feelings as my husband and I

Harold Wright

October 15th, 2015 Cleveland, GA

Just got off the Breeze and it was a great 8 day cruise. We have cruised 6 times with Carnival. Matt was the best cruise director that I think carnival has. Was offered a Balcony this time and loved it. Food is good and everyone goes out of the norm to make sure you have a good cruise. Going back in a few months.

Deborah

October 14th, 2015 Chicago, IL

I love Carnival because when I'm on vacation I love to party, I've sailed Royal and I loved their deck party, but that was it -- Carnival all the way for me!!!

Buster Klipp

October 14th, 2015 Frederick, MD

it was the best time of my life at 63 on Carnival way better than Royal Caribbean was Will see u all again real soon....

Carol Eisen

October 14th, 2015 Saint Louis, MO

Carnival Liberty was my first cruise experience. Traveled last week of September so really good value to the Southern Caribbean. Reserved a balcony state room and would do that again. Loved being a part ot the coming into port and leaving. We spent a lot of time on the balcony with family in the next cabin. Opened the partitian so had double the space. The crew was outstanding. Extreamly helpful in trying to locate my bag that was sent to the wrong airport by the airline. The Steward followed through on every request regardless of how small. The wait staff exceptional in service and making you feel like family. Every one took the time to learn our names. The waiter at the comedy club even remembered what we had been drinking and didn't ever have to give him our information again once he took it for billing. All were warm and welcoming trying without effort to make your stay memorable and comfortable. The food was more than plentiful and delicious. Entertainment was broad based from Casino gambleing to Bingo. Trivia games to game show game such as the Newlywed Game (cruise style). There was always something to do, or you could just relax in your cabin. At each port Carnival had partnered with different excursions with lots of variety and age level. The only thing I would have liked to see was a little less Trivia and more Game show entertainment. The Trivia got a little boaring since it was offered so many times a day. I would go again in a heart beat and the minus doesn't outway what I came away with at the end of the experience.

neada hunt

October 13th, 2015 Bonaire, GA

I went on my first cruise in Oct, it was so much fun, a couple of my family members were first time cruisers as well, i am planning to cruise again soon

Vicki Fricano Rector

October 13th, 2015 TX

I have cruised 12 times with Carnival and have loved every minute of it!! Highly recommend it!

Marie

October 13th, 2015 Moorestown, NJ

Our first cruise was on Carnival Pride. Ship was easy to navigate, our room was a nice size, our waiter was fantastic, shows were great. Only complaint was the towels left early in the morning on deck chairs. If someone gets up to leave, they should not be able to keep their seat all day.

Eleanor Smith

October 11th, 2015 Jacksonville, FL

Fun even for fun-loving seniors!!!

R Michael Entinger

October 11th, 2015 Panama City, FL

4th Cruise, ALL with Carnival. Never had a disappointing cruise experience yet... Most recent was on the Sunshine (AKA Destiny). The Destiny was re-fitted and re-modeled, so they gave it a new name, Sunshine. Other than 6 elevators never working the entire trip, the overall maintenance quality of the ship was great. The layout is kinda funky at times. I say this because you have to travel up and over, then back down to get to one of the dining rooms. Crew was AWESOME! Our director, "C-Luv" was the most outgoing director we have experienced to date! 80's night was incredible! The new, 2.0 shows in the main ballroom were beyond my best expectations! Best shows on ANY ship I have ever been on, and many that I attended in Las Vegas and New York! Food was very good, but a few of the "quickie meals" on lido deck were not very speedy or tasty. They had a habit of taking 9 orders at once, then forgetting 3 of them.. The buffet areas were brightly lit and very nice to eat in. Rooms were WELL kept and had plenty of room. The kids being brought on board need to be BETTER watched. too many times, there were 8-10 in the hot tubs with glass drinks for 30+ min at a time. If you dare say something to them, a parent will be in your face yelling at you. Carnival crew members did not help in this area at all, probably for fear of upsetting a parent? The serenity are was the ONLY retreat from obnoxious and loud children running amok. AND THERE WERE ALOT OF THEM! Overall, I rate this cruise 8 of 10. If the kids were better managed (not always carnivals fault), elevators worked, and the comedy clubs were not maxed out 2 hours prior to each showing, I could have gone 10 of 10....Off shore excursions were plentiful and worth the $$$ THis was a VERY good cruise!!!

Cindi Mowers

October 11th, 2015 Loudon, TN

We have cruised with Carnival 3 times. Our first 2 cruises were fun, food was good, enjoyed them. Our last cruise became pure hell. After getting to the final check in to get our cards (we were gold members), they realized after going through 3 check points we were at the wrong ship. After escorting us to the right ship and assuring us everything would be ok, our luggage never made it. We were going to Jamaica and Grand Cayman, with no clothes except the jeans and t-shirts we had on. After pitching a fit we were called to the principals office the next day to get our hands slapped and told if there were any more problems we would be put off the ship. We were offered a 20% discount in the gift shop which doesn't even carry bathing suits and a free laundry coupon, for what laundry I still don't know. We were also told we could dress casual in main dining room. Needless to say our first stop in Jamaica was not the beach but to find bathing suits. When we arrived back in Miami as we were disembarking we were held by staff till 2 officers came up to us wanting us to sign letters stating we would never cruise with carnival again. We laughed at them and told them to send it to our attorney. The officers were rude, and we then had to wait for them to find our luggage after we waited for over an hour in port. Good thing we had booked 2 days in Key West upon our return. We would love to give Carnival another shot, but are very skeptical.

Linda Chain

October 10th, 2015 North Ridgeville, OH

Can't wait for cruises out of Mobile Alabama. I have been home a week and can't wait to cruise again. Love Carnival.