Carnival Cruise Lines Logo

Carnival Cruise Lines

6.0

John Brown North Chicago, IL

Had a bad experience on the Fascination in February. Carnival is supposed to have a strict smoking policy, but it wasn't followed at all. People smoking all over the ship in locations that were clearly marked no smoking. Even in their cabins. Guest services on the ship didn't care. Called the main number to complain, they didn't care. I even emailed the President of the cruise line. Never heard back. I knew that I wouldn't hear anything , but gave it a shot anyway. I email John Heald , and said that he will forward my email to the proper people. I never heard back. Don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with people smoking. The issue is smokers smoking in areas where they are not supposed to. This is the only complaint that I have.

Johnette Gaines Killeen, TX

Love Carnival have never had a bad experience with Carnival..There is always something to do..The employees are always so attentive and very nice..Am getting ready for another one in a few weeks on the Freedom...

carla Tiffin, OH

We love Carnival!!! We are getting ready to plan our fourth cruise... The kids love love love it!! We have a 4, 7 and 15 yr old. It works for us. The meals are incredible, the shows are fun and the late night comedy shows and gambling for adults keeps us entertained too!!! Can't wait for our next cruise!!

Bill Mount Sterling, KY

My wife and I went on the Carnival Pride for a 7 day cruise to the Carribean. That was unbelievable, we had great time. It was exciting and we would love to go again.Just wish food areas were open longer.

PJ, CJ and G Bayville, NJ

My hubby and grown daughter and i have gone on 3 Carnival cruises now. The most relaxing ever. We LOVE IT! Had to book with NCL as they stopped going to carib. in sept outta NY.. SO SAD COME BACK PLEASE! YOUR THE BEST!

Ricky Bossier City, LA

My wife and I have cruised with Carnival numerous and the majority of the time was a good experience. Our favorite ship was the Spirit. Food was good and ports and excursions good. Entertainment lacking on some of their ships. We will continue to sail on Carnival but will not be on the smaller older ships. Been there, done that enough. Our next Carnival Cruise will be in 2016 on the Freedom.

Darryl Lancour Marquette, MI

Just got off the carnival Breese,second cruise on carnival,last one ever on Breese.the food and service in market place SUCKED!Our cabin and porters were Great Ricardo,Angie,Yodie were outstanding.Guys burgers were cold and the fries Sucked after hearing so much good about them.the bartenders at the blue inhuman were great even though I don't drink,great people,do a great job for carnival,Jose,Ann,Eddie and emie.Most of the other crew were not very friendly,I think most of them were tired from over work.3700 passengers and 1500 crew sure won't help!

Charles Weissend Schenectady, NY

We have been on 14 cruises, 13 with Carnival and one with Royal. We have never had a bad cruise. We found pros and cons on each cruise line but they really balance out, so there is not much differance. Except for cost, the best value is always with Carnival.

Joy Fleckles Kernersville, NC

Jusr got back from 7 night Eastern Caribean on Fantasy. Could not wait to get off ship. Food at best was barely edible,lukewarm and had obviously been sitting. No lettuce on salad bar for 20 minutes, even when bought to attenton of staff. Bar service was lousy on Lido deck, wait over1hr to get a drink from waiter. The only reason I gave a 6 is Styx concert was excellent and Cabin Steward was a gem. i have used another cruise line in the past and for very little more money will gladly use them again. No more money to Carnival.

Joan Gondeck Austin, TX

We have now booked our 35th cruise with Carnival after starting out with another cruise line. We are older and have never had a problem finding quiet time on an of the ships, if that is what we are looking for. You can find whatever you want on Carnival from laid back to high octane.

Nancy Elmer, NJ

My best friend have been on Carnival Pride twice and had a great time! Would like to try a different Carnival ship but Pride is the only one that leaves from Baltimore.Wish there was a Port from Atlantic City!We may try Royal Caribbean next time for a change of scenery.

Roxanna Ada, OH

My experience was bad. My sis and her sister in law wanted to take their sisters on a cruise, so we ended up sharing the same cabin. We never clicked and remained strangers. Carnival gave us money back on our room. I finally went to the desk and asked why they put it all on her account. They told me that I had to get her to come up to discuss it with them. Well....they sure didn't need me to get it all wrong! And, no...it was never made right, thank you very much.

Julie Everett, WA

The crew was fabulous and treated everyone like royalty. The entertainment was great and continuous. The food was fabulous, with options for everyone and food service at all times.

Epham16 Winter Garden, FL

My first cruise experience was with carnival to the Bahamas and I loved it!! The crew members were so friendly and knowledgeable, the food was great, and the shows were awesome. There was something fun to do every day/night! Would love to go again for a different trip

Tyler Salvesen Logan, UT

My work paid for a Carnival cruise for me last year and it was awesome! The captain was confident, the food was amazing, and the stops were off the charts! It seemed like they always had something for us to do, I felt more busy on the cruise than off (which is a good thing for me, I hate being bored.)

Greg West Valley City, UT

I have only been on one cruise and it was a short cruise to Mexico from California on Carnival. I loved it. The food was fabulous. There were fun things to do. The ship is beautiful and the service great. It was a great experience.

Lorna Johnston West Valley City, UT

We have only been on one cruise and it was on Carnival. I have heard that it is not one of the better cruises but we had a fabulous time. The ship was beautiful with fun activities, the food fabulous, and the service great. It was everything I hoped a cruise would be.

Hallieford Arlington, TX

Carnival cruise line is always our go to! We usually go with a big group and it is great. The wide selection of food has something for everyone. The Variety of entertainment Options keeps everyone entertained, no matter your personality or interests.

tania moe Memphis, TN

i always have a good time on carnival cruises. they make it very affordable to vacation and the service has always been fantastic. the room service is always top of the line and they have always been friendly and excited to see me when i pass by. overall the staff is kind and so helpful.

Katie evans Covington, LA

My husband and I went on the carnival cruise not that long ago with are two kids , one is a 15 year old guy and one is a 17 year old boy and they had so much fun.This cruise is fun for all ages even adults. My husband and I had a romantic/ fun trip.The employees where absolutely amazing and so nice.

Taylor Walker Tallahassee, FL

Carnival has great rates when looking for cruises. They also let you pay money towards your trip in parts if the trip is far in advance. The boat is very beautiful and they care about your safety. It is very fun to drink if you are legal age.

Anita Long Beach, MS

I'll preface this review by saying that I'm not a cruise person. If you're a cruise person, you'll love this company. It delivers the friendly staff, entertainment, food, games, lounging, etc that it promises. Everyone on board is clearly working hard to make sure vacationers are happy. With that said. I'm not a cruise person. I had a good time with great friends... and I'm not a cruise person. I give Carnival 3 stars because they're a company that does not appear to have much concern for the environment. The hot tubs were warm at best, the pool was perpetually over crowded, and there were too many children on board. Everything else was great. If the 3 things I named don't bother you - consider this a solid 4 star experience.

Honey LeBlanc Pass Christian, MS

Carnival may not be the fanciest cruise line out there, but the amount of fun for the money is great. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and there is ALWAYS something fun to do on the ship. The sea day brunch is my absolute favorite.

Yanesezah Fenelon Delray Beach, FL

I recently took a cruise to the Island of Bahamas, the staff on the ship was amazing. They provided great service every night for dinner and was very helpful. I also enjoyed the numerous amount of activities the cruise provided.

JC Riverton, UT

Carnival is just so fantastic you can’t even explain it!!! The food is so delicious! The staff is super helpful and nice! It’s always clean as well! The rooms are awesome! And there is always something for the kids to do!

Eric Smith Riverton, UT

We love cruising. The newer ships have so much cool stuff to do. We have even taken our kids with us and they love all of the activities and food and places we have gone. The staff went above and beyond to put a smile on our kids faces.

Anna Hu Provo, UT

My main appeal for a Carnival Cruise was the extremely low price. I enjoyed the cruise experience, but do see it being on the cheaper side-- the food was classic cheap buffet food and our rooms were extremely small with not much inside. However, we had extremely professional service from all of the staff and everything went extremely smoothly. Had a great experience, although I definitely got what I paid for.

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

We traveled with this company to Mexico and it was a very small cruise. Everything worked out well without any problem. I wish we would have been a little bit more informed about tipping because we didn't know our waiter was expecting a tip at the end of our cruise and he was upset and we didn't really know why. It was our first cruise and we were unaware.

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

Got a mail advertisement from them and was very disappointed after I gave them a call to inquire about the trip as advertised. Can't say it was bait and switch, but the low intro price was misleading to a long waste of time.

Cole Bailey Houston, TX

I went on a Carnival cruise and it was really good, they had 24/7 ice cream machine, pools, hot tubs, slides and a great time. We got to our excursions easily helped by staff.

Jake Mecham , CO

If you are looking for a first cruise experience and just going for fun and food, this is the cruise line for you. It is cheap, fun, and a great place for family or friend groups.

Corinne Craig Eagle Mountain, UT

I have cruised on carnival 2 times now and have loved it. I’ve enjoyed the fun activities and yummy food. I was impressed with the cruise directors as well

Cara McAffee Cedar City, UT

Never a dull moment ! Each day and night was filled with fun and activity! The pools were clean and there was always something delish at the buffets. So many options !!

Patricia Broadus Long Beach, MS

My family have always gone with carnival for family vacations and have the most fun! The staff are very sweet and the food is delicious! Especially the 24/7 pizza!

Dorrie2001 , GA

It was first cruise and an asking experience. Our server for dinner was the best, and I enjoyed all of the cruise activities. I made the best empties thank you.

t rudden Tallahassee, FL

This is a rust bucket. We went with them july 7, 2018. There was lots of rust everywhere you looked even on the mechanism that lowers the life boats. . Sewage backed up I KNOW into rooms on deck 7, deck 6, deck 10. The rooms were hot the AC system did not work as it should have. Someone came into our room to check the AC and told us that Carnival's policy is that the AC is working fine at 74 degrees'. Go into a small room with NO air moving at 74 an you will be sick...................... Customer service lied about excursions even printed lies to sell them making false statements about what was included in each of them.. Some of the liars there names are Luis and James who works at excursions desk, they even clamed to be managers.... Nikola who claimed to be manager at the customer service desk lied about them. Alexandau and Alina lied when we ask for a refund due to NOT going to a coral reef which was printed in the sales pitch and Nikola told us in person the morning of the excursion there was in fact a stop at a coral reef. Alexandau and Alina told us we would get refund the first thing the next morning..... They gave us the runaround for 36 hours before saying there would be NO refund due to the excursion went according to plan.... I GUESS THEY PLAN TO LIE AND CHEAT FROM THE BEGINNING... I mention that I could get many more that went on the excursion to tell them we DID NOT GO TO A CORAL REEF. Luis said he did not care if I took 100 people to speak to him he was going to charge my credit card for it anyway... Luis, when I told him I would stop payment with my credit card company said "they (the CC company) will call Carnival and they will tell the credit card company things went as they should have" ................ I wish I had have looked at Carnival's reviews before we went because I saw others where Carnival stole from them also in the same way they did us... I knew we were in trouble when I saw all the rust on the ship that Carnival was and is BOTTOM OF THE BARREL when it comes to cruise lines....... Tell all of your friends to stay away from Carnival anything............ I guess that is why the are a little bit cheaper that other lines........ Remember the Carnival that stopped cold dead on a cruise and had to be towed back to port that took a week or more with NO power people sick throwing up, burning up.........

John M Stanley Burleson, TX

We have been on 6-7 cruises altogether; four on Carnival - they have very good service, excellent shows, wonderful food, but their "downfall" for us is in shore choices - just too expensive for the time spent ashore.

Megan Rigby

Had a fun and enjoyable time on a Carnival Cruise! First time being on the ocean in a very large ship! had a blast visiting the ports and experiencing different culture etc. most definitely go on another!

deb Harriman, TN

Have taken many cruises.I am platinum.In Oct.My husband ,a rider for 55+ years ,refused to ride what we were given,stating it was unsafe.I thought safety was 1st concern. We were refunded only 30%/$60.00.I have contacted several people no one returns emails etc..thank you .we took the Harley in Paradise excursion

Pat - nj Maple Shade, NJ

Just back from a cruise on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore. Loved every minute of it and can't wait to go again. Went to Nassau, Half Moon Cay & Grand Turks.

Judi Youngblut Bullhead City, AZ

Second time for the same cruise. Crew is the best part of the trip. Ship is nice and very clean. Looking for a longer cruise in 2016 and will look at Carnival for sure and the value per dollar is really there.

Judy Piper Troy, MO

We have two cruises coming up one in Nov. and one in Jan. can't wait to go. This will be our 22 cruise with carnival will not ever go on any other company .

Teresa Defuniak Springs, FL

I was a die hard Carnival cruiser until my last cruise on the Valor. The food was sub-par, not the wonderful food from the past (overcooked lobster?). All the food places would shut down early and all you could get was a short list of sandwiches. The entertainment was sub-par, Several clubs were just sitting empty (was told there is a Jazz club, not!), three out of the four comics were not very good, piano player was monotone and all songs sounded the same. Were told we could not bring a drink, just bought, into a 35+ mixer where 16 year old girls were allowed to sit and drink alcohol that was bought for them. I was embarrassed for promoting Carnival over other cruise lines to my first-time cruiser friend. She was unimpressed and will never cruise again. If this is the current trend for Carnival, I doubt very much I will be cruising with Carnival again.

Carroll Cox Lincolnton, NC

In 26 years have never had a bad cruise. I am now 68 years old and still cruising with Carnival whenever I can. The staff is wonderful and a good time is had by all.

George Baker Shippenville, PA

Food was not as good as other cruises. Room service was great. Very disappointed that to go to a sauna or hottub that you had to pay a extra $ 150.00 or more, which I did not do. The outside hottubs were only about 60 degrees and were only open part of the time. This had been our 10th cruise on Carnival, and we will consider other cruise lines in the future. Other cruise lines include most of these things in their package.

sherry Kittanning, PA

We sailed Sept 25, 2015 on the Carnival Valor and it was the worst cruise ever. The ship was dirty, a sewage smell on the boat, the food was cold and lousy and the workers were rued and our ship director and entertainment stunk. You contact guest care for Carnival with your complaints and concerns and all you get back from them is I apologize and we will look into it, piss poor if you ask me. Please research your ship before you book it and be aware if they switch your ship. The Valor is not what we booked for. I have since read the reviews since we have been home and let me tell you, they are terrible week after week. So Carnival does nothing to change things.

Travis Howell Edison, NJ

I had the best time of my life! Everything was great, the food, the service, the ship. My only small complaint would be the tvs in the rooms. Way too small! However, I will be back in May aboard the Breeze!

Gary Sanders Amherst, OH

We have had 19 cruises on Carnival ships......all have been memorable of good service and great atmosphere......they do tend to be downsizing a bit too much over the years though.......

Dolly Williams Austell, GA

I have cruised on the Destiny (Now Sunshine) Sensation, and the Fascination. And the were great. I just got back on the Valor yesterday, and the staff was Horrible. They were Rude, didn't care if you complained or not got Smart Mouth, The Food was Luke Warm at Best. There was a Smell of Sewage on my floor, And yet the Crew acted as if you were wrong for complaining. Even the Customer Service Desk did nothing to fix the problem. I like Carnival, but the Crew on the Ship need retraining.

Frank Indio, CA

I have cruised with Carnival several times in the past. I have observed that the young crowds sometimes boisterous and exceptionally loud especially when they get drunk. At times, even the security personnel can hardly control them or maybe, there just not enough security staff to maintain peace and orderly in the ship. I suggest that they should have security personnel rooming the berthing areas at all times.