1. Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Cruise Lines operates 24 ships featuring voyages lasting three to fourteen days. Destinations include the Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico, Europe, Alaska, Canada, New England, Hawaii, Bermuda, and Australia. All cruises are family-friendly with lots of activities for children and teenagers to enjoy. Two formal nights are standard on cruises lasting seven nights. Normal attire for men includes dark suits or sport coats and ties. For shorter trips, one night is usually required. All other nights are casual and allow jeans or dress shorts to be worn in the dining areas. The cruise ships request that cutoffs and short-shorts not be worn after 6 p.m.

The Good

• Great entertainment options
  • Discounts and deals available
  • Vacation protection

Entertainment Options

Carnival ships contain high-energy entertainment options, from Las Vegas styled revues to glitzy casinos, live bands and comedy shows. You can work out in the fitness center or take a run along a jogging track that encircles the outer portion of the ship. Families can watch movies on a giant outdoor screen or head to the waterpark. Tons of activities are available for children of all ages. Shopping includes themed stores for kids including a candy store.

Discounts and Deals

The Carnival Cruise's website offers features to help you plan your vacation and find the lowest prices and discounts on upcoming cruises. Senior discounts, military discounts and other incentives are available as well. If you find a better Carnival advertised deal somewhere else within two days of booking a cruise, Carnival will give you 110 percent of the difference in onboard credit.

Vacation Protection

Carnival tries to protect their guests when making a reservation through their cruise lines. They understand that some may need to utilize travel insurance. Carnival's Cruise Vacation Protection protects you with a 100 percent cash reimbursement of applicable penalties for cancellations due to specified reasons, such as:

• Someone in your immediate family has an illness or injury, even if they aren't scheduled to travel with you.
  • You become ill and can't travel.
  • You are involuntarily terminated or laid off by an employer.
  • A severe weather watch or warning is issued and affects your travel to the port of embarkation.
  • A common carrier delay due to inclement weather causes you to miss more than 50 percent of your cruise vacation.
  • Or, if you must cancel for any other reason, our new "Cancel for Any Reason" feature will provide a future cruise credit equal to 75 percent of the applicable penalties.

Amenities

Carnival Cruise Lines feature six dining options on their ships which include seafood, burgers, steakhouse, Italian cuisine, Mexican cuisine, and a themed restaurant for kids called Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast. A jogging track encircles the outer part of the ship. Spa services, hair salon, and fitness center services are also available. Standard amenities on each Carnival ship also include:

• 24 hour room service and room steward
  • Soft cozy linens and bathrobes
  • Nightly turndown services
  • Telephone and Television
  • Individual Climate Control
  • Personal Safe for Valuables

Destinations

Carnival Cruise ships travel to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico, Europe, Alaska, Canada, New England, Hawaii, Bermuda, and Australia. Dates and times for when these cruise ships depart depend on a number of contributing factors. Pricing information for some of these destinations are broken down as follows:

• Alaska: $697-$829 per person for a seven day trip
  • Caribbean: $159 per person for four days
  • Mexico: $169 per person for two days- $879 per person for thirteen days
  • Europe: $749 per person for eight days - $1,599 per person for thirteen days

Transportation to and from the cruise ship (back to the airport) is also included. Transportation from the airports in New York, Los Angeles, Orlando, and others are available. Cruises are available all year long and can extend anywhere from three to fourteen days.

The Bad

• Not a relaxing environment
  • Other fees can stack up
  • Babysitting not included

Not for a Relaxing Getaway

For those who are looking for a quiet and relaxing getaway, Carnival Cruises may not be the ideal choice. Large crowds and boisterous entertainment options are ongoing throughout the length of the cruise. There are areas of the ship that are private retreats to get away from the bustle, but most options available on the ship are geared toward kids and teenagers and create loud noises that may be disturbing for those wanting to relax.

Other Fees

Offshore excursions cost extra and can be a bit pricey for families seeking an affordable vacation experience. Some of the activities onboard cost extra as well. It is too easy to rack up a large vacation bill with the extra costs involved. Most children's activities are free, but late-night party program fees and video game charges can add up quickly. On top of regular rates, other costs may include:

• Taxes, fees, and port expenses range from $42.38 to $324.27
  • A $50 change fee per guest will be assessed for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date.
  • Gratuities cost $12 per person per day and covers dining and room steward services

Babysitting is not Included

Because of the large number of people on board the cruise ships, individual attention may lack on occasion and it may be hard to get the attention of attendants should you need anything. Babysitting is available, but it costs extra. The rate for babysitting is $6 per hour, and $4 for each additional child. For those with infants, you will be required to provide staff with diapers and wipes for children under two years old.

The Bottom Line

Carnival cruises are designed for families seeking a high-octane and affordable vacation. Carnival Cruises is perfect for those seeking colorful and boisterous entertainment options in a laid-back party-style atmosphere. If you are looking for luxury options or personalized attention Carnival Cruises may not be the best choice for you.

All in all we recommend Carnival Cruise Lines for having a great get-a-way experience.

John Brown

July 5th, 2015 North Chicago, IL

Had a bad experience on the Fascination in February. Carnival is supposed to have a strict smoking policy, but it wasn't followed at all. People smoking all over the ship in locations that were clearly marked no smoking. Even in their cabins. Guest services on the ship didn't care. Called the main number to complain, they didn't care. I even emailed the President of the cruise line. Never heard back. I knew that I wouldn't hear anything , but gave it a shot anyway. I email John Heald , and said that he will forward my email to the proper people. I never heard back. Don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with people smoking. The issue is smokers smoking in areas where they are not supposed to. This is the only complaint that I have.

Les

July 5th, 2015 Hallandale, FL

I've been on 70 Carnival cruises. They're the best.

Linda Patrick

July 4th, 2015 Orlando, FL

I have been on 4 cruises with Carnival and loved everyone. I did go on a cruise with another more expensive line and did not enjoy it much. I love the price entertainment and FOOD on Carnival. I am looking forward to my next cruise! And it will definitely be on Carnival.

Joginder Singh

July 4th, 2015 Hayward, CA

Just got off the carnival Inspiration , This is our second cruise ,The crew was fabulous and treated everyone like royalty. The food was fabulous, with options for everyone and food service at all times.

Mary D

July 4th, 2015 Hazleton, PA

We have been on 5 cruises.You can do everything or nothing. Just relax and enjoy. Just came back from the remodeled Pride. It was awesome.

Christopher Gill

July 3rd, 2015 Washington, DC

been on Carnival for 8 cruses. Have already booked number 9. Pro's always had a good cruse, For the most part great hard working crews.Good food. (Yes some better than others) Loved the red frog pub. Cons some ships need bigger and hotter hottubs. Some of the ports remind me more of a slum. Eastern Caribbean stops need more shops port-side. Western are far better and bigger. High expense for what is often a way slower than dial up internet speeds. Spend more time for down loads and emails. 5 mins to bring up a email web page for example. (Never mind the email itself)

Johnette Gaines

July 3rd, 2015 Killeen, TX

Love Carnival have never had a bad experience with Carnival..There is always something to do..The employees are always so attentive and very nice..Am getting ready for another one in a few weeks on the Freedom...

carla

July 3rd, 2015 Tiffin, OH

We love Carnival!!! We are getting ready to plan our fourth cruise... The kids love love love it!! We have a 4, 7 and 15 yr old. It works for us. The meals are incredible, the shows are fun and the late night comedy shows and gambling for adults keeps us entertained too!!! Can't wait for our next cruise!!

Charlie Swanson

July 3rd, 2015 Grandville, MI

My wife and I have been fortunate enough to have sailed on 29 Carnival Cruises, since our first one back in 1987 on the Mardi Gras. We enjoy visiting the many different islands in the Caribbean. This is a great way to check out an island before spending a few days there on a vacation. We have enjoyed every cruise, and any problems we have had have been with other people and not with Carnival Cruise Lines. An example of this is when I was run into by a handicapped man on a scooter who wasn't watching where he was going. Luckily, no injuries. I know some people are concerned with health issues when cruising. Carnival has placed hand sanitizing dispensers at all the buffet lines and eating areas and I am amazed at how many people walk by them and don't use them. Cruising is by far one of the best vacations you can have. Once you are on the ship, you can unpack and not worry about anything except to have a great time. Bon voyage .

Bill

July 2nd, 2015 Mount Sterling, KY

My wife and I went on the Carnival Pride for a 7 day cruise to the Carribean. That was unbelievable, we had great time. It was exciting and we would love to go again.Just wish food areas were open longer.

PJ, CJ and G

July 2nd, 2015 Bayville, NJ

My hubby and grown daughter and i have gone on 3 Carnival cruises now. The most relaxing ever. We LOVE IT! Had to book with NCL as they stopped going to carib. in sept outta NY.. SO SAD COME BACK PLEASE! YOUR THE BEST!

Ricky

July 2nd, 2015 Bossier City, LA

My wife and I have cruised with Carnival numerous and the majority of the time was a good experience. Our favorite ship was the Spirit. Food was good and ports and excursions good. Entertainment lacking on some of their ships. We will continue to sail on Carnival but will not be on the smaller older ships. Been there, done that enough. Our next Carnival Cruise will be in 2016 on the Freedom.

Art Vanderburg

July 1st, 2015 La Marque, TX

Going on our 10th cruise. We live close to Galveston Texas, so going on a cruise is cheap for us, no air fare to deal with. We have been to alaska and Panama area all on Carnival ships. Love the ships, food and service. The excursions are great!!! Best tour we have taken outside of the regular Panama and Alaska tours was a Harley motorcycle tour of Cozumel and a tour of alaska on Harleys...GREAT!!!

Jean

July 1st, 2015 Chicago, IL

My first cruise was on the Carnival Dream and I loved it.In doing some planing for my next one I have notice that the cruise line target's families,honeymooner's and couples.I did not see senior citizen being targeted or the one's that like to travel along. I am 72 and still like to have fun, I would hate to have to stop going on a cruise because of my age.

Rich/Linda Lombardi

July 1st, 2015 Callahan, FL

9 cruises on Carnival and never been disappointed. We are planning on traveling with them again in the near future. We are always treated well and taken care of ,have lots of fun . Any problem or request is always handled as quickly as possible. WE LOVE THIS CRUISE COMPANY.

Charlene Ann Hempler

July 1st, 2015 Markesan, WI

My 11th Carnival cruise is booked for Alaska 2016. I am so ready. Then have already planned the one after that one. march 2017. Have never been disappointed on a Carnival cruise. Love Carnival Best of all cruise lines I have been on. Waiting impatiently for Alaska!

Darryl Lancour

July 1st, 2015 Marquette, MI

Just got off the carnival Breese,second cruise on carnival,last one ever on Breese.the food and service in market place SUCKED!Our cabin and porters were Great Ricardo,Angie,Yodie were outstanding.Guys burgers were cold and the fries Sucked after hearing so much good about them.the bartenders at the blue inhuman were great even though I don't drink,great people,do a great job for carnival,Jose,Ann,Eddie and emie.Most of the other crew were not very friendly,I think most of them were tired from over work.3700 passengers and 1500 crew sure won't help!

Sheila Johnson

June 30th, 2015 Jackson, TN

My husband and I have cruised with Carnival 9 times since April 2011 and every cruise has been great. No complaints and no concerns. The stewards and our waiters at dinner have been awesome and the other crew very friendly and helpful. Sometimes lines can be a little long at lunch on sea days, but that is ok we enjoy talking to others as we wait!!! We are happy -- we are on the "BOAT" as my brother calls it!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE CARNIVAL!!!!!

Charles Weissend

June 30th, 2015 Schenectady, NY

We have been on 14 cruises, 13 with Carnival and one with Royal. We have never had a bad cruise. We found pros and cons on each cruise line but they really balance out, so there is not much differance. Except for cost, the best value is always with Carnival.

Teri Elmer

June 30th, 2015 New Haven, IN

LOVE Carnival! Went on a 9 day re positioning cruise in November. I was a little disappointed with the ship. We were on the Splendor, a newer ship. It "rocked" the entire time, yet the waters were calm. Plus, only one of the laundry facilities were working, for the entire ship! We had one incident during our dining which was quickly addressed by the lead staff. Otherwise we had great staff, our "runner" on deck for drinks and such was AMAZING!!!!!

Tracy Toman

June 30th, 2015 Lehigh Acres, FL

we have been on 4 carnival cruises and our last one was in oct of 2014 on the new Breeze...and it was awesome...we were just amazed....we were told on our 1st cruise in 2006 that carnival tries to make each cruise better than the last and each and every time you have been able to do just that....we loved the beauty of the ships and we love the food and most of we love the value for our money..we can go on a 7 cruise for a lot less than any other vacation for our family of 5 matter of fact we are saving again for our next cruise..thanks for all you do...:0))

donald mitchell

June 29th, 2015 Olive Branch, MS

my wife and i took our first cruise with carnival on our 25th wedding anniversary and have taken 5 more since then . we are planning to take another cruise for our 32nd anniversary on the august 24th cruise out of new orleans this year. we have only cruised with carnival and really don't think we want to try any others out there. thanks carnival we are not through cruising yet

Johnette Gaines

June 29th, 2015 Killeen, TX

Love carnival there is no way I would go with any other..Always have a fun time..

Alinda Green

June 29th, 2015 Hurricane, WV

I have been on 2 Carnival cruises and enjoyed them both. The last one was the Victory. Food was good. Service was great. I have no complaints.

carolyn roberds

June 29th, 2015 High Ridge, MO

Enjoyed cruise very much. Food excellent.

Watesha

June 29th, 2015 Astoria, NY

I have been sailing on Carnival Cruise Line since 1996 and love it,I go every year... the fun ship is just as much fun as they say it is, and the food,parties and the host are the best. i have been to so many different places and had the time of my life...my cabin was awesome and i love the room with the balcony, to catch the breeze of the ocean , i go every year for my birthday and have a great time... so much i could say but you need to come experience for your self i recommend this ship... going this August on a 8 day cruise again...

Barry Holden

June 28th, 2015 Vista, CA

I just booked my 21st Carnival cruise and the past 20 have been awsome experiences and I'm looking forward to another awsome in September

barbara sypien

June 28th, 2015 Titusville, FL

We took 2 Carnival cruises. The first was not too bad and we had fun with our friends. The second was horrible, even with the same friends. The crew was rude and walked away when asked a question and refused to help load up the wet towels. Dinner was a horror show. Food was aweful and it took an hour just to get my salad. The entertainment was not existent and we will never do Carnival again. However, we are getting ready for our next cruise. It will be our 67th cruise on Disney and we will NEVER stray again and are booked with Disney thru cruise #70. Carnival is NO comparison to Disney. They are the best on the 7 seas.

Sharle Jumps

June 28th, 2015 Danville, IL

I just got back from my 8 day trip on The Carnival Sunshine, The staff and crew was wonderful. A big shout out to Jamie Dee, Darnel, and Chris for their excellent service. The Out and Crowd Band on board was wonderful new music every night from 60 - current. Food was excellent. Guy's Burgers were on the Cruise. Excellent - Please try the Piggy Patty. I went on a tour in San Juan - It was a historical tour of San Juan. Noemi took us and showed us the city then went to a restaurant and we made a dish. The Chef Javier came out and walked us through making this San Juan dish. It was so much fun. 5 stars. You also receive a drink, too. I can't wait for the New ship Carnival Vista.

shirley thomas

June 27th, 2015 Nashville, TN

Cruised with Carnival many times but the last cruise was a night mare . Boston Canada in 2012 Haven't cruised Carnival since.It started with transfers to the ship waited at the airport 3 hours. Got to the ship just in time for muster station. Went down hill from there. Never again.

Julie Cain Newman

June 27th, 2015 Bremen, GA

We love Carnival. We have always been able to have quiet and relaxing times when we wanted them. And as far as there being extra costs, you will have those anywhere you go. You don't have to spend any extra money if you don't want to. We just sailed on the Sunshine in May, and I have to say that I didn't really like that ship, but the food, service, cruise director, etc. were just as great. I just know not to go on that particular ship again. We've been on 6 Carnival cruises and had a great time on all of them.

Mike Kizer

June 27th, 2015 Orange Park, FL

Our cruise was great, this is our 22 nd cruise with Carnival and it could not of been better.

Mary Aliff

June 26th, 2015 Charleston, WV

My very first cruise ever. A two year cancer patient and in remission not quite a year. So I treat myself with my two grandsons with a Carnival Victory cruise. Very costly for the three of us. Supposed to have 2 twin beds and a trundle bed or whatever. To my dismay, we had 2 twins beds and a 2 seated couch with a mattress on it. I'm 5'3" and I wouldn't fit on it. Went through it for 3 nights of my 5 day cruise with neck hurting and ask our guy taking care of our room for a bed. He was helpful and brought us a roll away bed. We were climbing over top of one another to get to the restroom. I called Carnival about it and they want to give me 15% off next cruise which I doubt I would ever take with them again. Or $245. refund! I paid approximately $2400. for the cruise. Something don't add up and I have pictures of what we endured. They don't want them. Sadly, I talked to another lady on the cruise from Australia and she was done the same way. How many people do they do this to????? Very upset!!!

Theresa Kelly

June 26th, 2015 Neosho, MO

I just had my 18th cruise on carnival. It was great and I did a inside room for the first time. Not bad and I saved lots of money. I did decorate your doors which made it so easy to find our room. The service was the best and the food Grand. After traveling on 3 cruise lines I can tell you that you will get the most for your money on Carnival.

Robert J. Carter

June 26th, 2015 Wichita, KS

In November of 2004, I was driving a Motorcoach for a company in Wichita, KS, and was assigned a trip to Galveston, TX, I was told it was a cruise and that I could go for free, as it would cost just about the same as putting me up in a hotel for the week they were gone. Now, this offer is being made to someone who doesn't swim, and has a fear of crossing bridges that go over water. About two weeks before the trip, the head of the trip told our company that if we would like to bring our wives we could, at a reduced cost. That was the only time we went on a Carnival Cruise, as a driver, I am still working for the same company, have been since 1997. No cruises in my future for work at least, as I do strictly Greyhound runs on a line run now. However, my wife and I have been in love with cruising since 2004, and have taken many since on our own. We made the biggest mistake of our lives when we went with another company, (not related to Carnival Brands) and learned our lessons. Our last cruise was on the Carnival Dream, and we can't wait to get to the next cruise, and have fun. Love you Carnival!

Joel P Simon

June 26th, 2015

was the best cruse i have ever gone on grate job carnival cruse lines

Joy Fleckles

June 25th, 2015 Kernersville, NC

Jusr got back from 7 night Eastern Caribean on Fantasy. Could not wait to get off ship. Food at best was barely edible,lukewarm and had obviously been sitting. No lettuce on salad bar for 20 minutes, even when bought to attenton of staff. Bar service was lousy on Lido deck, wait over1hr to get a drink from waiter. The only reason I gave a 6 is Styx concert was excellent and Cabin Steward was a gem. i have used another cruise line in the past and for very little more money will gladly use them again. No more money to Carnival.

Denise Reinert

June 25th, 2015 Roxboro, NC

I have cruised with Carnival Cruise lines many times over the last 8 years and I have never been disappointed! The staff is always incredibly attentive and try their hardest to make our vacation the best ever. The Spa is excellent on every ship. The food is good considering the cost to sail with Carnival is so incredibly "fair". I do not hesitate to book a Carnival cruise. I love to have fun and there is fun around every corner! I will be back soon!

Pat Griggs

June 24th, 2015 Lancaster, PA

enjoyed 5 wonderful cruises with Carnival. Took two teenage granddaughters with us, and they loved their youth activities. would go again in a heartbeat!

Gayle Sparrow

June 24th, 2015 Chapel Hill, NC

My husband and I have sailed with Carnival six times now and every time was terrific! The value including food, boarding, and entertainment can not be beat. The extra excursions off the ship are some of the best in the world. If you have never taken a cruise, I highly recommend Carnival Cruise Lines. They treat you like kings and queens.

Charlene Ann Hempler

June 24th, 2015 Ripon, WI

We just booked our 11th Carnival Cruise ! This one is for Alaska! So excited to go. Already planning the one after that for Caribbean once again. We love Carnival the Best. We have a great vacation and are treated like Royalty always. Love the food the excursions and most of all the Crew all act like we are family. Have been on other Cruise lines still love Carnival the best. our group is adverse in ages. We are from 40 to 70 yrs old. We all have a wonderful time.I book right with Carnival now and they make my life so much easier. We have a great Girl we work with from Carnival. She answers all my questions and helps us all so much. Love our Noelle! Highly recommend to everyone to Go Carnival!

Marla Obert

June 24th, 2015 Grove City, OH

I have been on 7-8 Carnival Cruises, my next one is in October. The crew/staff are friendly, helpful; there is always someone cleaning something somewhere on the ship; cabin crews are there if you need them and take good care of your rooms; never had any problems with room service either. Bars are well stocked; excellent variety of food and there's always something to do somewhere on the ship. Some people just are NOT happy no matter what one does! And, THAT is there own fault!

Joan Gondeck

June 24th, 2015 Austin, TX

We have now booked our 35th cruise with Carnival after starting out with another cruise line. We are older and have never had a problem finding quiet time on an of the ships, if that is what we are looking for. You can find whatever you want on Carnival from laid back to high octane.

joanne

June 23rd, 2015 Tampa, FL

just got off the glory the food quality could have been a little better other other then that great time great cruise great cruise line

Sherri Blain

June 23rd, 2015 Lexington, KY

I have been on 19 cruises and soon to be 20!! I love Carnival. Their staff is fantastic and always helping you. The food is fantastic and the bars well stocked with great booze and bartenders!! There is always something to do. I highly recommend Carnival Cruise Lines!!!

Don Faunce

June 23rd, 2015 Spring Hill, FL

We have been on 80 cruises with Carnival and have never had any bad experiences. I would highly recommend cruising with Carnival.

Nancy

June 23rd, 2015 Elmer, NJ

My best friend have been on Carnival Pride twice and had a great time! Would like to try a different Carnival ship but Pride is the only one that leaves from Baltimore.Wish there was a Port from Atlantic City!We may try Royal Caribbean next time for a change of scenery.

Pat

June 23rd, 2015 Bensalem, PA

I have been on 3 Carnival cruises and going on my 4th in November. I had a great time on all of them. Service and food were excellent on each one of them. I look forward to many more Carnival cruises. I was on another cruise line for my 1st ever cruise and since going on Carnival I will not be going on any other cruise lines. Love Carnival every trip was fun and worth every cent.

Eva Drummond

June 22nd, 2015 Harrisonburg, VA

The best vacations I have ever had! Everything was taken care of & I truly got to rest. Thank you Carnival for making people feel welcome.

Roxanna

June 21st, 2015 Ada, OH

My experience was bad. My sis and her sister in law wanted to take their sisters on a cruise, so we ended up sharing the same cabin. We never clicked and remained strangers. Carnival gave us money back on our room. I finally went to the desk and asked why they put it all on her account. They told me that I had to get her to come up to discuss it with them. Well....they sure didn't need me to get it all wrong! And, no...it was never made right, thank you very much.