AmaWaterways provide luxury river cruises for those who want to travel in style. They accommodate less guests to provide more room and include incredible tours on both land and water. There are activities for guests to choose from as well as award winning dining. There are several ways to relax and be entertained while simultaneously seeing the world. They offer unique itineraries that allow travelers to dive deeper into the rich history and culture of Europe. “Ama” is derived from the word love, and it is that concept that permeates the AmaWaterways service.
- River cruising options
- Luxury accommodations
River Cruising Options
AmaWaterways provides peaceful and scenic river cruising options. Their ships maximize space and create a luxury-style environment for all to enjoy. Travelers will get to see Europe and other destinations in ways never seen before and explore land sights as well. Their cruises are critically acclaimed and are known for providing a unique way to see the world.
AmaWaterways believes in the providing luxury accommodations to their guests. Their belief in the “luxury of more” is seen throughout the service and found on the actual ship as well. This idea of providing luxury to guests is kept in mind when designing their ships, developing itineraries, and the delivering of services. The “more” aspect of the cruise includes:
- Great views: most of the staterooms have one, if not two, private balconies
- More room: due to limited capacity, the staterooms are made to be much larger and provide more amenities
- More included tours: there are a menu of shore excursions to choose from at every port of call
- More activities: there is the option to explore the destination’s amazing sights the way locals do
- More dining: as member of the prestigious international culinary society, La Chaine des Rotisseurs, their restaurants and expertly crafted menus provide excellent dining options
- More service: there is a personalized approach to exceeding expectations
- More ways to relax: with fewer guests on board, there is space for luxurious amenities such as fitness rooms, pools, and spas.
- More innovation: they were the first to offer twin-balcony staterooms and carry a fleet of bicycles on board
- More cruise options: each destination is equipped to provide exactly what a guest is looking for
There are always a number of promotions going on for travelers to take advantage of. These promotions include exotic destinations or themed cruises. For example, promotions can include Christmas market cruises, wine cruises, or travel all the way to Paris and Normandy.
There are a number of destinations AmaWaterways guests have to choose from when booking their cruise. Within each available destination, there are a number of cruise “types” guests can pick from to ensure that the cruise is everything they expected it to be. Destinations include:
- Europe: nineteen cruises for guests to choose from
- Vietnam and Cambodia: one cruise option with land tours available
- Africa: four cruises for guests to choose from
- Myanmar (Burma): four different cruises to choose from
On board, guests can take advantage of dining options, shows and entertainments, planned activities, pools on deck, and a fitness center. All of this is available and none of it is crammed together since AmaWaterways keeps the number of guests on board to a minimum.
- Strict travel dates
Strict Travel Dates
One of the downsides to booking with AmaWaterways are the strict travel dates. Since AmaWaterways is looking to provide a unique experience for their guests, some cruise options are only available during a minimal number of weeks. Themed cruises are also hit or miss in terms of travel since they can only be carried out during specific times of the year.
There are other fees, in addition to the nightly rates per person, AmaWaterways guests will need to take into consideration. Prior to booking, guests should know about the following fees that are also required when traveling with AmaWaterways:
- Airfare – travel to and from the cruise start and finish is required
- Gratuities – there is a suggested 18 percent gratuity charge and then a daily gratuity charge that is spread throughout the staff. That charge ranges anywhere from $3-$15/day per person.
- Land activities – when a traveler departs from the ship, costs for tours and other activities may be required