Odoo was founded in 2005, and has only grown from there. Their mission is to provide a range of easy to use business applications that form a complete suite of tools to accompany any business need. They give millions of companies easy access to the software they need to run and expand their business. Odoo, has developed 30 main applications which are regularly upgraded.
- Contract Length
- Data Security
- Product and Services
Odoo offers multiple pricing options for their customers. All customers must pay monthly fees based on the plan they have chosen.
- Free Plan: Includes 1 App and your organization must be less than 50 people
- Online Plan: $25/user/month, includes features such as cloud hosting, implementation service, customization, and support
- Enterprise Plan: $30/user/month, includes all apps and you will receive your bill annually
All contracts and billing will depend on the pricing plan that you have chosen. Most contracts are revenued month-to-month, this makes it easy if you want to cancel their services in the future.
Odoo takes their data security very seriously, that is why they have created one of the most reliable security practices in the market. Their security system is divided into two different platforms:
- Odoo Online: includes backups/disaster recovery, database security, password Security, staff access, system security, physical security, credit card safety, and communications security
- Odoo Software: includes software security, secure by design, security audits, OWASP top vulnerabilities, and reporting a security issue
Product and Services
Odoo offers a wide variety of apps that you can purchase from them. No matter what you are looking for Odoo software will be happy to accommodate you in all of your enterprise needs. Based on the pricing plan you have chosen, you can pick apps you want to purchase from the following categories:
- Website: website builder, eCommerce, blogs, forums, slides
- Sales: sales, CRM, invoicing, point of sale, subscriptions
- Operations: accounting, projects, human resources, inventory, purchase, manufacturing, help desk
- Productivity Tools: communication, timesheet, email marketing, events, survey, live chat
- Time in Business
- Support Information
Time in Business
Compared to their competitors, Odoo has not been in business for a very long time. They began offering their services 2005, whereas other software companies have been around since 1970. If you are looking for more experienced software company you might need to choose a different ERP software provider.
Odoo offers many helpful and advanced features, and customer support is not one of them. If you choose to pick their free plan, or purchase their enterprise plan, you will not have access to their support system. Only the online plan will offer your support with your software. Also, website support page doesn’t provide a lot of information on where you need to call or email when you might have an issue with your software.
The Bottom Line
Odoo has been offering its business applications to businesses of all sizes for over 10 years. Their users enjoy their pricing plans and month-to-month contacts. Odoo takes their security practices very seriously, that is why they have created multiple secured platforms to keep your data protected. Also, a wide variety of applications will help you to find exactly what you are looking for. However, only 10 years of experience and poor customer support set them back behind their competitors.