The Credit People Logo

The Credit People

7.1

The Credit People was founded in 2001 and strives to provide hope to those in bad credit situations and share how better credit awaits them in the future. With many years of credit repair experience, The Credit People have helped over 100,000 people raise their credit score

The credit repair company states that everything it does is centered on providing the highest quality service with unmatched benefits for potential and current clients with bad credit.

These benefits include a free credit report and a free credit score summary, a free credit consultation, and lower fees. According to the company's website, most clients "see results within the first 45-60 days" of service.

The Credit People offer two membership plan options - a monthly membership and a flat rate membership. Each membership includes unlimited disputes, 24/7 account access, creditor communication, toll-free customer service, and more. Potential clients should note that the credit repair company also offers a service discount specifically for couples.

Read on to learn more about The Credit People's credit repair services and to see reviews from real clients.

The Good

• Reasonable Pricing
  • Couples Discount
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Member Resources

The Credit People provide clients with all three credit reports and credit scores from the credit bureaus completely free.

The company's credit repair process company also focuses on ensuring that clients receive the highest credit score increase they can possibly achieve.

Clients will typically have a team of about three people who will work on their credit. The company will, however, provide one-on-one support per clients' requests.

The Credit People have many great features that go along with its repair services, such as:

Reasonable Pricing

Potential clients can choose to either pay a monthly payment of $79 for credit repair services or a flat rate of $419 for a complete six-month premium credit repair program. This is lower than what many other credit repair companies charge.

For these prices, The Credit People will work to dispute certain inaccurate or invalid negative items on clients' credit reports, will keep each client updated on the credit repair process, will help clients become motivated to better maintain their credit history, and much more.

Clients can obtain unlimited disputes, debt validation, and inquiry validation services when they sign up for The Credit People's credit repair services.

Like the majority of other companies in the credit repair industry, The Credit People also offer a free credit consultation to all clients. The company also provides an online dashboard where clients can obtain immediate credit updates.

Couples Discount

In addition to lower fees and a free credit consultation, The Credit People provide a credit repair service discount for couples who both could benefit from having better credit.

To get this discount, one person in the couple needs to sign up for credit repair services and then can sign up for their spouse immediately after their order is completed or up to three days following the completion of their order. Once both people in the couple are signed up, they'll receive $20 off of each of their first credit repair payments.

No Hidden Fees

The Credit People strive to be very transparent when it comes to helping clients achieve a level of good credit.

Their credit repair pricing details are all on their website and customers can use the company's services for a monthly fee of $79. There are also appear to be no hidden fees or any extra costs associated with the company's credit repair service.

Satisfaction Guarantee

The Credit People offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. The firm claims that clients will never pay for anything they are not happy with. Clients have the ability to cancel their monthly repair services membership with The Credit People whenever they please.

Member Resources

Clients have 24-hour online account access, which is a great resource for members.

In addition, there is a blog, educational material, and answers to frequently asked questions for potential and current clients to learn more about credit repair services, what affects their credit scores like student loans, late payments, credit card debt/other debt, and more.

The repair company's blog also touches on other various information clients should know about credit (FICO score, credit card usage, the interest-free grace period, credit unions, etc.)

The Bad

• Case Set-Up Cost
  • Limited Package Options
  • Limited Payment Options

While The Credit People handle each credit case with little to no client work (meaning the client does not have to be an active participant), it is important to note the following:

Setup Cost

In addition to a monthly fee, The Credit People charges clients a $19 setup fee.

While this initial fee is fairly low, some other companies in the credit repair industry do not charge customers a setup fee for their services. Although The Credit People's monthly/six-month costs are low, it seems that the company does not provide a free trial period to clients like many of its competitors.

Limited Package Options

The company does not provide any premium packages or additional services that clients can choose from. Instead, The Credit People just offers one credit repair program with the option of two different payment structures ($79 per month or $419 for six months).

The company's lack of  credit repair package and service options may add limitations to potential customers. For instance, many other companies in the industry may offer plan options that include additional services, customizable plans, etc.

Limited Payment Options

Unlike some other companies in the credit repair industry, The Credit People do not adhere to the "pay-per-deletion" pricing option.

The company follows a monthly plan and a six-month payment plan. However, they do implement a satisfaction guarantee for all clients which allows for some pricing flexibility.

The Bottom Line

The Credit People have very affordable prices for their credit repair services and offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Additionally, the company provides a credit repair service discount that couples can use to save money on each monthly payment.

The credit repair service offers two different credit repair membership options that clients can choose from - the monthly membership option and the flat rate membership option. Each membership comes with 24/7 account access, creditor communication, score-driven results, unlimited disputes, and more.

The Credit People also provide all website visitors with access to an online credit resource center, a detailed online FAQ page, and more. Clients can use these resources to learn more about the credit repair process, credit scores, credit reports, and much more. Additionally, the company offers a wide range of different online resource mediums including infographics, videos, and articles.

With a significant amount of positive client reviews combined with the company's emphasis on each client's credit history as well as good credit habits, a free credit consultation, and no hidden fees, The Credit People prove that they are a reputable credit repair company and that they offer quality credit repair services.

Some consumers, however, have claimed in the past that they have experienced slow negative item removal times, but they are few. It's important to keep in mind that credit accounts and situations vary per client, so some clients may see results sooner than others.

On The Credit People's website, the company states that most customers who use its services "see results within the first 45-60 days".

We recommend The Credit People for their advanced experience and for their reputable credit repair services. If you choose The Credit People to improve your credit, you will not have to worry about communicating with creditors as that will be handled by your assigned credit specialist.

Call our recommended rep over at The Credit People below.

Cathy Mobile, AL

Because I was mislead and it took forever for The Credit People to update my credit score. At first I was happy with this company, but if you do not stay on top of them, nothing will get done to your account. I wasted my money over the years. Misinformed!

Theresa Walker Arlington, TX

Their specialists did not contact me and did not interact with me. It was a little disappointing. They did deal with the main problem I had, but they did not clear everything up. There was never a re-following up back to me and I just felt all they were doing each month was taking my money, in fact, I had to do a lot of the stuff that they should have been taking care of.

Desiray Pahrump, NV

customer service is not good I leave messages and no one has ever called me back. I'm about to cancel because things no longer on my account are being disputed and i receive letters from credit bureau stating that

Keoin Brown

They started off well, I was getting phone calls and letters sent home. After about 3 months, My credit score didn't move. I couldn't get any phone calls back and I had no clue if my credit was being repaired or not. I stopped paying and they didn't contact me until two months later as if they had just noticed. Which further more made me think no one was working on my case.

Patti Buckels

Patti I have been with "The Credit People" since last July almost a year. I have only had one item removed from all 3 credit bureau's and that item was easy. I had been late once with this credit card and they were able to get that off. My other items I have several more I have 2 settlements but have paid off and they can't get those taken off. They have not helped me to my satisfaction.

Sari

It was hard to get a hold of someone to help me. I did it myself and got better results. It was a waste of time and money for me.

The Credit People Logo

Reply from The Credit People

Hi Sarina, We are so sorry to hear you were not pleased with our service. We would never want any of our customers to feel it was a waste of time or money. I did review your account to see if I could assist you further, and I see that you were only with us for 2.5 months (you signed up on 12/8/17 and cancelled on 2/26/18). During that 2.5 month period, we were able to confirm that 15 of your negative accounts were removed from your reports based on our service (which was a 65.22% improvement). That's actually fantastic results in a short period of time. By having those negative accounts removed from your reports, it increases your chances of getting approved for credit in the future, and it also increases your credit scores. In the short time you were with us, we did review your account with you over the phone twice, and also sent you 10 email updates during those two months. Credit repair is not typically a fast process and most clients take approximately 6-7 months to complete their credit repair. However, Congratulations on having more cleared up reports and higher scores! We wish you all the best in all you do moving forward. - The Credit People

Sep. 10th, 2018

No name Newark, NJ

The take their take to do a dispute. I don't see result and it's been 3 month already.

Anonymous Easton, MD

They drag out the process over months with very little real impact on my score.

Bob Dearborn, MI