The Credit People

7.1

The Credit People was founded in 2001 and strives to provide hope to those in bad credit situations and share how better credit awaits them in the future. With many years of credit repair experience, The Credit People have helped over 100,000 people raise their credit score

The credit repair company states that everything it does is centered on providing the highest quality service with unmatched benefits for potential and current clients with bad credit.

These benefits include a free credit report and a free credit score summary, a free credit consultation, and lower fees. According to the company's website, most clients "see results within the first 45-60 days" of service.

The Credit People offer two membership plan options - a monthly membership and a flat rate membership. Each membership includes unlimited disputes, 24/7 account access, creditor communication, toll-free customer service, and more. Potential clients should note that the credit repair company also offers a service discount specifically for couples.

Read on to learn more about The Credit People's credit repair services and to see reviews from real clients.

The Good

• Reasonable Pricing
  • Couples Discount
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Member Resources

The Credit People provide clients with all three credit reports and credit scores from the credit bureaus completely free.

The company's credit repair process company also focuses on ensuring that clients receive the highest credit score increase they can possibly achieve.

Clients will typically have a team of about three people who will work on their credit. The company will, however, provide one-on-one support per clients' requests.

The Credit People have many great features that go along with its repair services, such as:

Reasonable Pricing

Potential clients can choose to either pay a monthly payment of $79 for credit repair services or a flat rate of $419 for a complete six-month premium credit repair program. This is lower than what many other credit repair companies charge.

For these prices, The Credit People will work to dispute certain inaccurate or invalid negative items on clients' credit reports, will keep each client updated on the credit repair process, will help clients become motivated to better maintain their credit history, and much more.

Clients can obtain unlimited disputes, debt validation, and inquiry validation services when they sign up for The Credit People's credit repair services.

Like the majority of other companies in the credit repair industry, The Credit People also offer a free credit consultation to all clients. The company also provides an online dashboard where clients can obtain immediate credit updates.

Couples Discount

In addition to lower fees and a free credit consultation, The Credit People provide a credit repair service discount for couples who both could benefit from having better credit.

To get this discount, one person in the couple needs to sign up for credit repair services and then can sign up for their spouse immediately after their order is completed or up to three days following the completion of their order. Once both people in the couple are signed up, they'll receive $20 off of each of their first credit repair payments.

No Hidden Fees

The Credit People strive to be very transparent when it comes to helping clients achieve a level of good credit.

Their credit repair pricing details are all on their website and customers can use the company's services for a monthly fee of $79. There are also appear to be no hidden fees or any extra costs associated with the company's credit repair service.

Satisfaction Guarantee

The Credit People offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. The firm claims that clients will never pay for anything they are not happy with. Clients have the ability to cancel their monthly repair services membership with The Credit People whenever they please.

Member Resources

Clients have 24-hour online account access, which is a great resource for members.

In addition, there is a blog, educational material, and answers to frequently asked questions for potential and current clients to learn more about credit repair services, what affects their credit scores like student loans, late payments, credit card debt/other debt, and more.

The repair company's blog also touches on other various information clients should know about credit (FICO score, credit card usage, the interest-free grace period, credit unions, etc.)

The Bad

• Case Set-Up Cost
  • Limited Package Options
  • Limited Payment Options

While The Credit People handle each credit case with little to no client work (meaning the client does not have to be an active participant), it is important to note the following:

Setup Cost

In addition to a monthly fee, The Credit People charges clients a $19 setup fee.

While this initial fee is fairly low, some other companies in the credit repair industry do not charge customers a setup fee for their services. Although The Credit People's monthly/six-month costs are low, it seems that the company does not provide a free trial period to clients like many of its competitors.

Limited Package Options

The company does not provide any premium packages or additional services that clients can choose from. Instead, The Credit People just offers one credit repair program with the option of two different payment structures ($79 per month or $419 for six months).

The company's lack of  credit repair package and service options may add limitations to potential customers. For instance, many other companies in the industry may offer plan options that include additional services, customizable plans, etc.

Limited Payment Options

Unlike some other companies in the credit repair industry, The Credit People do not adhere to the "pay-per-deletion" pricing option.

The company follows a monthly plan and a six-month payment plan. However, they do implement a satisfaction guarantee for all clients which allows for some pricing flexibility.

The Bottom Line

The Credit People have very affordable prices for their credit repair services and offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Additionally, the company provides a credit repair service discount that couples can use to save money on each monthly payment.

The credit repair service offers two different credit repair membership options that clients can choose from - the monthly membership option and the flat rate membership option. Each membership comes with 24/7 account access, creditor communication, score-driven results, unlimited disputes, and more.

The Credit People also provide all website visitors with access to an online credit resource center, a detailed online FAQ page, and more. Clients can use these resources to learn more about the credit repair process, credit scores, credit reports, and much more. Additionally, the company offers a wide range of different online resource mediums including infographics, videos, and articles.

With a significant amount of positive client reviews combined with the company's emphasis on each client's credit history as well as good credit habits, a free credit consultation, and no hidden fees, The Credit People prove that they are a reputable credit repair company and that they offer quality credit repair services.

Some consumers, however, have claimed in the past that they have experienced slow negative item removal times, but they are few. It's important to keep in mind that credit accounts and situations vary per client, so some clients may see results sooner than others.

On The Credit People's website, the company states that most customers who use its services "see results within the first 45-60 days".

We recommend The Credit People for their advanced experience and for their reputable credit repair services. If you choose The Credit People to improve your credit, you will not have to worry about communicating with creditors as that will be handled by your assigned credit specialist.

Call our recommended rep over at The Credit People below.

Dissatisfied Customer Decatur, GA

I worked with these people for several months, I could not get anything removed from my report. To get my credit scores higher, I took out a couple of credit cards and kept them at zero balances, during this period. Plus, my older credit card war already being kept at zero balance. Doing this, I saw my credit scores increase from the mid 600's to 703. When I saw that these people weren't doing anything to remove the negative items on my report, I decided to cancel my membership. When I did that, my credit scores dropped from 703 to all the way down to the lower 600's, was lower than what it was when I started with them!!! I am extremely angry, as I worked so hard to get my credit scores increased to the 700 mark. Please don't waist your money with these credit repair companies. They are all rip offs, if they require you to pay them to do something I was able to accomplish on my own by just opening up a few credit cards and keeping them at zero balances. You people suck something awful!!!!

Reply from The Credit People

Thank you for your feedback, and we do appreciate you letting us know your concerns. Unfortunately, without any name provided for this review, there is only so much we can do to be helpful. There is nothing we would be doing in this process that would lower your scores, if anything they would stay the same or improve. However, there is many other factors that contribute to your scores that are not within our control such as credit usage (if you use more than 50% of the available credit limit on any of your credit cards) or on-time payments (if you miss a payment with a creditor while having our service that could be a new negative mark on your reports) or if you apply for credit and open a new account, or close an account, etc. All of those are factored into your credit scores, and just simply canceling our service doesn't make your scores drop (that solely means we would stop submitting disputes for you moving forward, but has no bearing on anything new that may be added to your reports that may have lowered your scores). It's also important to make sure you review your scores through a reliable source such as the bureaus directly (websites such as Credit Karma and Credit Sesame can be very misleading with their scoring and are not the same scores a lender will pull for you if you apply for credit. If you would be willing to provide your name, we would be willing to look into your account further at no additional charge to see what may have changed, and what lowered your scores. If not, than we certainly wish you all the best in all you do moving forward, and hope things only continue to improve for you. Thank you! -The Credit People -

Feb. 8th, 2021

Anonymous Honolulu, HI

Service was too similar to previous credit repair service. However, customer service was very unsatisfactory. When I cancelled the service, I received repeated emails stating my payment was due. I sent responses after contacting the customer service notifying cancelation. I finally had my financial institution put a stop payment and fraud alert for all charges. I'm still receiving emails to make payment.

Reply from The Credit People

Hi There! I'm so sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with our service. We do care about our customers and always try to do everything we can to go above and beyond for them. If you can please provide your name, I can definitely look into your account to better assist you, make sure you no longer receive emails if that is still occurring, and answer any additional questions you may have. Unfortunately, without a name, there's only so much I can do to try to assist you. We hope you're doing well, and stay safe! -The Credit People -

Mandy Satterwhite Atlanta, GA

This company isn’t what people are saying it is. I was with this company for 4 months never seen a change nothing ever happened. I was with another company a couple of years back and I seen a change definitely within the first month. I used a lady that I knew while in the military and I seen a change with her within the first 2 months. No way you are telling me that within four months that nothing’s going to change. I closed my account after the first 3 months. What happens is they go online copy and past the disputes on there and send them to the credit bureaus. You can do the same thing, I learned this from my realtor:) she’s amazing. It work!!!

Reply from The Credit People

Hi Mandy! Thank you for your feedback, and we hope you're doing well. I think there is a misunderstanding so I would be happy to clarify. You mentioned that you never saw a change in your credit and nothing happened while you had our service. However, we did confirm 5 negative accounts were removed from your reports based on our disputes, and we did post that information to your online dashboard so you could review it. So it's good news there was progress and positive results based on the disputes we were submitting for you. You also mentioned you were with us for 4 months but it was only three months. Lastly, you stated that we go online and copy and paste information for disputes but we actually do the exact opposite and that is not part of our process at all. We draft custom dispute letters and mail them to each of the bureaus since that provides much better results than generic online disputes. We do care about our customers, and we have the same goal our customers do of trying to get the best results possible and help to clear up their reports and increase their scores. Please contact us if you'd like to review your results and we would be happy to go through them with you. Thank you, stay safe, and Happy New Year! - The Credit People -

Jan. 5th, 2021

Kathy Urbano

I have tried to review them before and they lie and say they don't know who I am! I Hired them last year because after looking at my reports they claimed they could help. within four months I had my score increase by 18 points because of ME, not Credit People! I managed through writing the original creditor to get a collection removed. They had the nerve to email me and say your score has gone up! I pointed out that it went up because of MY EFFORTS, not theirs! Their response was unbelievable as they had the nerve to tell me that we are a partnership in this! That 'together" we will raise my score!! Lol...Nope I fired them & they only refunded me 1 month. In addition before I fired them my scores began to get worse even though I was paying down my credit cards and wasn't behind on anything. They never had an explanation just the perpetual it takes time. This was 5 months after I hired them. So NO I would not recommend this company.

Reply from The Credit People

Hi Kathy, We really appreciate you letting us know your concerns. Based on what you have described, we can see how it would frustrate you. First we wanted to say, we are truly sorry for any confusion. We have spoken with you many times when you had service with us, and we would never want you to feel we weren’t doing our best for you. You also mentioned that you have tried to review us before but you were informed we didn’t know who you are. The review you left on this site is a separate site than our company, so it sounds like you may have spoken to a rep that does not work with The Credit People. There are a few things we can definitely help clarify. In addition to the collection account you mentioned you removed on your own, we were able to remove 10 negative accounts from your reports (which is good news). Your scores should go up based on the collection account you removed as well as the other negative accounts we removed which included some charge off accounts. Consumers can always work on their credit at any time such as paying down the balances on any existing credit, making on-time payments, etc. The confusion comes in when you are working on your credit at the same time we are, and there is no way to determine who got which accounts removed. We typically don’t recommend our clients work on their credit at the same time we are so they can truly see what positive results we are getting for them. You mentioned before you stopped our service your scores decreased. We are so sorry to hear that, and we could have definitely reviewed where you were seeing your scores decrease to get to the bottom of what changed with your credit. Unfortunately, since this was a year ago, there is now way to determine now what changed previously. There is nothing we do in this process that would lower your scores, so it sounds like there was another factor impacting your scores at that time. We are so sorry you weren’t pleased with our service and as a courtesy, you did receive a refund for your last month of service. This means that you were with us for five months, and only paid for four. This was done to show you that in addition to the results we were able to get for you, we would also refund that last month. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us directly. Our number is 866-382-3410x4 or email support again at any time. Thank you again. Best Regards, -The Credit People -

Nov. 22nd, 2019

blake

I recently used The Credit People and I'm very upset that I used them. They guarantee results within 45-60 days, and after three months of no changes on my credit report I cancelled with The Credit People. They disputed three of the six companies on my credit report, but nothing changed and The Credit People stopped contacting me. They did refund me the $59 that they were taking out for this month, but not for the other two months of $59 each. That was $118.00 wasted. I might go back to Lexington Law, even though they cost more they removed three disputes from my credit report within a month. I definitely do not recommend The Credit People, I don't know how they got decent ratings in the first place.

David Williamsburg, VA

I have had this company for the past 6 months and only 4 items were fixed out of 10. When you call the customer care number, you are on hold and asked to leave your number for someone to call you back. I would steer clear of this company as they think you are "Special" and you are "Lucky Enough" to be one of their clients... But the truth is they are never available via their 800 number and frankly the results speak volumes, especially since I was assured they had experts working on my behalf... You simply cannot get a hold of this company. If you are LUCKY enough to get a hold of someone, it may be a better experience for you.

Jared Charlotte, NC

Do not waste your time with this company. I was with them for over 2 months and my credit actually dropped. When I contacted them to see what's going on I had mentioned that I was considering canceling my account. I decided not to cancel and went back to my account a couple of hours later to they cancelled my account for me. Save your money, these "credit people" don't care about you, they care about the bottom line.

Reply from The Credit People

Hi Jared, We really appreciate you letting us know your concerns. Based on what you have described, I can see how it would frustrate you. First, we wanted to say, we are truly sorry for any confusion. You have spoken to our reps a few times, and we would never want you to feel we weren’t doing our absolute best for you. Based on what you described, there are a few things we can definitely help clarify. We were able to remove 4 negative accounts from your reports (which is good news). Each time a negative account is removed, it helps to clear up your reports so new creditors will no longer see that previous late payment history. The less negative accounts you have on your reports, the better your chances will be of getting approved for credit and receiving more favorable interest rates. You mentioned that your scores dropped, but it’s important to make sure you are reviewing those scores through a reliable source. Credit Monitoring sites such as Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, etc, do not provide the same scores a lender would see (which is why it’s not a hard inquiry to review your scores through those sites, but it is when a lender pulls them since it’s a completely different calculation of your scores). The most reliable source to review updates to your credit is through the bureaus directly (Transunion, Experian, and Equifax) since they are the ones that actually report your credit. However, the only way to accurately know your credit scores is to have a lender pull them (but you don’t want to do that often in order to avoid additional inquiries on your reports). There’s nothing we do in this process that would lower your scores, so it sounds like there is another factor that may be lowering your scores (such as high credit utilization). We did offer to look into this further for you when we received your cancellation request, but unfortunately, you declined that offer. We would still be willing to do that for you if you'd like. You also mentioned that you were thinking about canceling your account and then changed your mind. The great thing about our service is you can reactivate your account at any time. All you would need to do is send us an email or give us a call and we can reactivate it that same day (during business hours). We welcome our clients back even if their account was already previously canceled. Please let us know if you have any additional questions, we’d be happy to assist you! - The Credit People

Feb. 20th, 2020

Scammed Person

Months and months of paying my $79 and my score didn’t improve at all! Zero response from their “customer service” every time I contacted them, until I demanded a cancellation and refund. They claimed there was a “plan in place” but apparently the plan was just to keep collecting money from a sucker. It’s hard to admit when you’ve been scammed, but this is 100% a scam company. Save your money and dispute by yourself using Credit Karma or a similar site for free.

SALVATORE MARTORANA Summerfield, FL

I reach out to THE CREDIT PEOPLE to assist with my credit. HUGH MISTAKE...Since then, I have been sued by creditors who were once willing to work things out. When I reach out to them, their response was, "They just dispute items on your behave." Save your money, you can dispute anything and everything yourself , at no charge. Thanks for nothing. My situation is worse do to potential JUDGEMENTs.

Reply from The Credit People

Hi Salvatore, we are so sorry to hear you were not pleased with our service. We do care about our clients, and we aren't looking for them to be upset or frustrated in any way. We have been in business for over 16 years and helped thousands of clients to improve their credit. For your particular case, we were able to remove 12 negative accounts from your reports. That does help to clear up your reports from those negative marks, and it also helps to increase your scores. Just to clarify, we were here to dispute your negative accounts to have as many of them removed as legally possible. What that means is, if the creditor can't prove your account meets the legal requirement, or you were never past due, or the account was never yours, it could be removed from your reports. However, if an account is yours, and it is an outstanding debt that was never paid, any creditor can choose to take you to court and get a judgement against you (that is entirely up to the creditors discretion and we don't have any control over that). With that being said, we can completely understand your frustration in being sued. We would hope you would consider the negative accounts we were able to have removed from your reports while you had our service. We truly wish you all the best in all you do moving forward! - The Credit People

Sep. 10th, 2018

Rod Decatur, GA

Been working with the credit people company for four months and with them forcing companies to update account information accounts remain on my report and my credit score have Deceased! About $400 dollars later/ 4mths later! Would not recommend using them I would highly recommend just doing it yourself!

Shanice Hood

I have tried to call over 7 times to cancel my credit. The first time I was hung up on. The other times I waited over 40 minutes wait time for each call before hanging up and calling back. All I want to do is simply cancel. I also called directly when they open and still have not talked to anyone

r wells Tallahassee, FL

totally disappointed,they did good for about 2months,then totally forgot me.no one answers the phone there.most of my credit that was removed fell off because 7 years was up.automatically these items came of.what a waste of 600.00 dollars.there is no such thing as credit repair but time.i did a lot of disputes myself.

William Columbia, MO

The Credit People are a bunch of lairs. I was with them for over a year and they worked on less than half of the problems on my credit report. They did not look into all of the items on my report they kept them on hold for over a year. The Credit People are a waste of money and I plan on pursing a 50% refund.

Montana Ferris, TX

Never helped my score improve, also never have me credit score information or kept me updated

Reply from The Credit People

Hi Montana! Thank you for letting us know your feedback and concerns. All of our clients are emailed their starting scores, as well as they are posted on their dashboard. We do post any ongoing changes to our client's credit on their dashboards so they can login at their convenience and review them. We also notify our clients via email anytime we submit disputes, review results, or are notified of a change to their credit. So it sounds like there may have been a misunderstanding with how your dashboard worked and how updates were posted, and we would be happy to review that with you at your convenience. You can reach us at 866-382-3410 x 4 or [email protected] Have a great day, and stay safe! -The Credit People-

Derrick Wallace Covington, GA

These people take your money and tell lots of lies...dont trust these people save your...never working on your credit... but will email you if you miss a payment....DONT TRUST THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Reply from The Credit People

Hi Derrick, we really appreciate your feedback, and we are so sorry to hear you were not pleased with our service. We have tried to reach you via phone and through this site to assist you further with your account. Unfortunately, you were only with us for 1 month (you paid the $19 start up fee, and you made one monthly payment and then put your account on "hold"). We do care about you as a customer, and want to get you the best results possible, but credit repair does take time, and there's only so much we can do in just 1 month. Please contact us at anytime if you'd like to review your account details, and discuss how we can assist you further (866-382-3410 and press option 4). We are always happy to help :)

Aug. 27th, 2019

Daniel Harper Lafayette, LA

After 3 months, my wife's and I credit had not shown any progres.

Reply from The Credit People

Hi Daniel! We hope you're doing well. I do see you haven't had service with us for a year, but a year ago when you did have service with us, we were able to confirm 3 negative accounts were removed, and that was and still is listed on your Dashboard when you logged into your account. We have an online dashboard available so our clients can always see what has been removed, what is still there, and what we are disputing since we do want to keep you informed of any changes to your credit. We are also happy to help with any questions you have along the way, and review those results with our clients if they aren't sure how to navigate their dashboard. We can understand that you'd want to see even more results, but the good news is there was some positive changes and we did confirm 3 negative accounts removed based on our disputes. Have a great day, and stay safe! -The Credit People-

J p San Diego, CA

Very poor service and overrated. I took over and got my issue resolved directly with merchant

Dan Marble Falls, TX

Started out active on the case but then got quiet with no updates several months later.

Daniel Clark

Took my money & didn't do anything to help my score.

Annoyed in Orlando Tampa, FL

Absolutely nothing was fixed on my report.

Ha Huynh Eden Prairie, MN

I used them for 6 months and they didn't do anything. They weren't able to remove anything for me.

Reply from The Credit People

Hi Ha. We are so sorry to hear you were not pleased with our service. We do care about our customers, and always do everything we can to get you the best results possible. I reviewed your account, and I do see we submitted several rounds of disputes for you throughout your service with us. Every customer walks away happy with The Credit People. We issued a full refund so your service with us was completely free. This is the satisfaction guarantee with The Credit People.

Jul. 23rd, 2018