National Credit Federation is a nationwide credit repair agency headquartered in Tampa, FL. The company provides a number of standard credit repair services and legal assistance, as well as some guarantees and discounts that are unique to the industry. However, National Credit Federal also charges considerably more for its services, and customers may find themselves doing more legwork than they expect.

Rank Chart

8.1

#33
national-credit-federation

$147

The Good

National Credit Federation offers customers a number of credit repair features unique to top companies. The company has what it calls a “No Risk Member Investment Warranty,” which terminates the contract and refunds the customer if no defamatory items have been removed within three months of signup. Additionally, if customers’ credit has not improved after the initial six-month membership, they will similarly receive a full membership refund. Along with its credit repair services, National Credit Federation offers legal assistance in cases where legal representation is required (e.g., stopping collection calls, or filing lawsuits against creditors).

Money Back Guarantee

If credit hasn’t improved within six months, customers receive a full refund.

Partner Discount

Discounts are available to significant others in need of credit repair services.

Legal Help Available

National Credit Federation’s network of attorneys can represent credit repair clients in court.

The Bad

While some top credit repair companies will request regular credit reports from all three credit bureaus, it appears that this responsibility will fall directly to National Credit Federation customers. Customers are entitled to a free credit report from the credit bureaus once every 12 months; however, if they would like to see their credit reports more often, they may need to pay. National Credit Federation also carries some of the higher monthly rates in the industry, charging an initial fee of $197, $147 per month for the first six months, then $97 per month for any additional time required to repair customers’ credit. These rates (particularly those in the first six months) are drastically higher than those of other top companies.

Does Not Send Credit Reports

Customers must request their credit reports directly from the three credit bureaus.

Steep Initial and Monthly Rates

National Credit Federation charges $197 initially, then $147 for the first six months.

Want to know which companies are top-rated? Click here.

The Bottom Line

If you want to be fairly involved in the credit repair process (i.e. obtain regular credit reports yourself) and like the security of a money back guarantee, National Credit Federation is a good choice; but if you’re uncomfortable paying higher fees and would rather the credit repair agency shoulder all of the credit repair process, you may find your interests and needs are best addressed elsewhere.

X close
X close

5 National Credit Federation Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

February 28th, 2015 Tampa, FL

“I started the program with NCF about a year ago with credit scores in the low 400’s and now have scores in the high 600’s.My biggest goal was to be able to trade out of my high interest rate car into a new BMW. I was just recently approved for a new car loan at 3.74%!

Never in my entire life had I received an interest rate that low. This was a result of working with National Credit Federation, Me doing my part and them doing their part. They were diligent about helping & they were pleasant and professional to work with. If you are looking to boost your credit I would highly recommend National Credit Federation.

2. User Score

February 12th, 2015 Tampa, FL

We want to thank NCF for the hard work that Monique and Krista have done for me and my wife and that their hard work is paying off for us. We are seeing the results and are getting the benefits and it is amazing!! We did not think that our credit was reparable after a hard time we went through some years back.

But once again thanks to NCF, Monique and Krista they gave us confidence that they could make a difference for us. This change in our credit is awesome and for the better. We just purchased a new car for my wife and I was able to buy a 2015 Camaro with 3% interest (WOW).

Just two years ago I bought a used 2001 Dodge truck that’s not worth much and I still had an interest rate of 19% over a 3-year loan ouch . . .

I am just blown away at the results from National Credit Federation, Our dream is to buy a home and we are so close to be able to make that come true. We will start looking early in the New Year.

Once again thank You NCF, Monique and Krista.

Sincerely,

Danny & Brenda Durham

3. User Score

February 12th, 2015 Tampa, FL

I have had a wonderful experience with NCF in particular with Monique Martin. She has been instrumental in getting my credit score for a 605 to a 711 in two months. I am looking forward to her continuing to improve my credit to the best possible score.

4. User Score

January 15th, 2015 Georgetown, IN

Awesome

1 1

5. User Score

July 17th, 2013 Chico, CA

I was extremely skeptical of NCF or any other credit repair agency. I was encouraged to try them by my mortgage broker because we had short sales that had been reported as foreclosures in our credit report, and we could not qualify for a loan. NCF did do what they said they were going to, and much to my surprise, they were able to get the “foreclosure started” notations removed from all three credit reports. It took several months, but they came through in the end. I would definitely recommend NCF to someone who has a similar problem. I am very happy to have my credit reports fixed.