Credit MRI Logo

Credit MRI started in 2010 with the goal of helping people restore their credit both quickly and legally. But while the Florida-based credit repair company abides by all federal regulations, it ranks poorly in terms of customer service and online transparency.

Customers can trust Credit MRI to attempt to restore their credit but are also given little information regarding the company's legal experience and authority, as well as specific pricing information.

Keep reading to learn more about Credit MRI's credit repair services.

The Good

• Pay-Per-Deletion Pricing Model
  • No Upfront Payments
  • Full Initial Audit

Pay-Per-Deletion Pricing Model

One of the most significant benefits of using Credit MRI is that clients are not required to pay a monthly subscription fee for its credit repair services.

Credit MRI operates on a pay-per-deletion structure, which means clients only pay for the items that are completely erased or corrected by the company's efforts. The credit repair company conducts an initial audit, which involves a full investigation of credit bureaus, collection agencies, and creditors, before asking for payment.

Credit MRI also has an online portal for customers, available day or night, to help them keep track of the credit repair process.

No Upfront Payments or Subscription Fees

In addition to the pay-per-deletion structure, Credit MRI also does not charge any up-front fees for their services. And while the company cannot legally make commitments regarding a timeline for expected results; however, most of its clients see an increase in their credit scores within the first 60 days.

Full Initial Audit

As mentioned previously, the Credit MRI program includes the investigation of all three major credit bureaus, collection agencies, and creditors for credit report inaccuracies. The company works to delete inaccurate or misleading items like collections, foreclosures, charge offs, repossessions, judgments, and more.

The Bad

• No Attorneys on Staff
  • Poor Online Transparency

No Attorneys on Staff

Credit MRI does not appear to have any licensed attorneys on its staff, which can severely limit the company's ability to represent its clients to debtors, put a stop to collection calls, or file lawsuits against creditors for inaccuracies on its clients' credit reports.

Poor Online Transparency

In fact, very little information as to the qualifications and background of Credit MRI's staff or employees can be found anywhere. Other companies will at least provide a basic background of their staff's credit repair or legal experience.

The company also fails to provide useful on-site information, such as specific pricing details; customers can expect to pay per deletion, but no further explanation is given regarding specific items or their associated fees.

The Bottom Line

Credit MRI is careful to follow all the federal and state regulations placed on credit repair companies, meaning it does not make guarantees regarding raising customers' credit scores or expected times to do so. The company does not charge until services are rendered, which is also compliant with the law.

However, because so little crucial pricing and other important credit repair program information is readily available, customers may end up paying more with Credit MRI than they originally anticipated, and for less satisfactory results.

If you are interested in the Credit MRI program, we recommend that you contact the company directly and read several Credit MRI reviews before signing up for its credit repair services.

View Best Credit Repair Companies

3.7

user1373 Pasadena, MD

I decided to give Credit MRI a shot because a YouTuber who's opinion I trust promoted their service. I scheduled a call but never received a call at my scheduled time and I couldn't get a hold of anyone when I called that afternoon. That's annoying to me right there but I let it go at the time. However, I then got a call at 11pm! Followed by a text that started with "Good morning"....Um...no...its 11pm. And the number that called me said it was coming from the same time zone. So that pretty well turned me off to Credit MRI however, it didn't stop there. I then kept getting calls from them between 8pm and 11pm. It's annoying enough when a company keeps calling you every day during the day, but for them to call past 8pm was next level for me. So then I got a call last night at 9:30pm followed by a text. I had enough and responded to the text and without being mean or unprofessional I simply told the rep I was not happy with them calling me at night like this. I was interested in their service but I am not anymore after the interactions I've had, or lack there of. Rather than a simple "Sorry, we will take you off our list" I received a very rude and unprofessional text back. Then this morning I got an email stating I missed my meeting....I set up a meeting several weeks ago and they never called at the time I selected, they called many hours later, and now they're saying I missed the meeting? I obviously haven't used their service but if this is how the sales staff treats their leads then I never want to work with this company. On top of that they can't even get their systems straight to send out the right emails and texts.

Curt Lakeland, FL

I paid $1500 up front for credit repair services to be completed with 30 days, and I did not receive the service in which I'm seeking a refund. I started my credit repair with Credit MRI in June 2019 with 7 items that needed repairing across all 3 bureaus on my credit file. So, from June until November, 1 item was removed from my credit report of which I paid $119 ($99 processing fee + $20 removal fee) Since, 5 months have gone by and only 1 item was removed, Barron offered me to remove All negatives from my credit file in 30-45 days for $1800, and could apply some tradelines to boost my credit file and apply for some funding (30k-50k). I was interested in this, but I only had $1500 in 3 different credit cards that would Max them out completely. So, Barron and I both agreed on this (See Attached contract) and started the process the first week in December. So, 30 days goes by and I didn't receive any updates from the bureaus, and emailed Barron about this which took a day or so to receive any reply, and was told it could take a little more time for results. I waited another 20-30 more days, and still didn't receive any updates from the bureaus which I started to get concerned, and emailed Barron again. After a day or so, he finally replied with this has never failed, and I would receive a refund if it didn't work. So, another month goes by, and still nothing from the bureaus. Barron says he would try to find out what's going on, and get back to me. Several days later, he says he's not sure what happened, and will see about getting me a refund. Several days go by, and finally he says a refund was processed and I should receive it in a couple days. I never received the refund, and several days later, Barron sent me $800 via the Cash app which I thanked him. I asked him when the remaining $700 will be refunded, and was told he is working on it, but haven't received it or any communication from Barron or Anyone from Credit MRI since. I have emails documenting All of this if needed.