Credit Doctor Company is a Virginia-based credit restoration service company with a team that has years of experience in the credit law, banking, and auto industries. Services are provided to nationwide consumers for an initial processing fee and monthly rates thereafter.
Credit Doctor Company provides professional debt negotiation and credit repair services with varying degrees of needs and circumstances. Each case will be analyzed and a plan for dispute will then be put into action. Benefits of the service include:
Debt Negotiation and Credit Repair Services
The Credit Doctor Company provides consumers with 3 different tiers of credit services: credit repair services, debt negotiations, and credit building. The company also offers a complete credit education library of free online resources.
Positive Consumer Reviews
There are no filed consumer complaints against the Credit Doctor Company. The company has many positive third party reviews and their work is guaranteed with a warranty. The company has over 10 years of experience in the credit repair industry and consumers are able to cancel services anytime without penalty.
While the Credit Doctor Company can help with debt and credit needs, there are limitations to their service as well. Prospective clients interested in using Credit Doctor Company should be aware of the following items prior to enrollment:
Expensive Service Rates
The Credit Doctor Company charges the consumer a $299.99 to set up an initial credit file. Consumers are then expected to pay $59-$99 per month thereafter, depending on the amount of credit that needs to be resolved. These rates are slightly more expensive than the service rates charged by similar credit repair companies in the industry.
No Attorneys on Staff
Credit Doctor Company does not appear to employ licensed attorneys on staff to assist customers in any specific legal issues that may come up during the credit repair process. Those who are dealing with items such as tax liens or bankruptcies might find another similar credit repair company that offers attorney services more suitable for their unique situations.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Credit Doctor Company services cost?
- Plan Basic – $59.99/month – Challenge negative items on each credit report.
- Plan Advanced – $79.99/month – Challenge negative items with original creditor and data furnisher along with sending cease and desist letters.
- Plan Premium – $99.99/month – This plan is a combination of both the basic and advanced plans and includes supporting documents.
Does Credit Doctor Company allow me to enroll more than one person or my whole family?
No, Credit Doctor does not offer multiple people or whole family discounts.
How does Credit Doctor Company repair my credit?
Credit Doctor Company uses three main methods to improve your credit report including credit management, credit repair, and debt negotiations.
Does Credit Doctor Company provide Credit Monitoring?
Credit Doctor offers credit management, and the Plan Care and Plan Care Plus both offer credit monitoring.
What results can I expect from Credit Doctor Company?
Credit bureaus will receive dispute letters, and every 60 days Credit Doctor Company will resend dispute letters until the correct action is taken.
How can I contact Credit Doctor Company?
You can contact the Credit Doctor Company by:
Credit Doctor has not published any statistical results.
Plan Basic – $59.99/month
- challenge questionable negative items on each credit report from the national credit reporting agencies
Plan Advanced – $79.99/month
- Challenge negative items with original creditor and data furnisher
- Sending cease and desist letters
Plan Premium – $99.99/month
- This plan is a combination of both the basic and advanced plans
- Includes supporting documents
Each credit repair plan will be charged a $299.99 processing fee. Services can be canceled at any time when you are satisfied with the service.
How it Works
Credit Doctor Company utilizes a simple three-step process similar to that used by other credit repair companies.
Step #1: Analysis
Credit analysts will review the client’s credit reports and determine what items will be eligible for removal. Verified negative items are required to remain on your credit report for the standard length of time.
Step #2: Dispute Process
The company will draft dispute letters and send them to the 3 major credit bureaus for a thorough investigation. Once this is complete, the client will receive the results directly by mail within 30 days.
Step #3: Settlement
Items will continue to be monitored to make sure they are permanently removed and the company will work closely with the client to resolve any remaining debt.Once the items are removed that do not belong on your credit report, the settlement will begin to make sure the items stay permanently deleted and resolve any possible debt.
What to Expect when Signing Up?
Before you go to signup here is a few things to expect before you visit Credit Doctor’s website:
- When you visit the credit repair section on the website, you can sign up under the plan you are interested in.
- If you decide on the Basic or Advanced plans, the site will inform you the company no longer supports those plans. You only have the option of signing up for the Premier Plan at this time (it will state they will have other plans available at a later date).
- You’ll be asked for contact information including first and last name, date of birth, social security number, phone number (including mobile), email address, home address, and you will enter in type of payment.
- You will then be contacted by a representative to start the process.
What Can Be Removed?
Credit Doctor is able to remove:
- Late Payments