Build My Scores Credit Services is headquartered in Plano, Texas and has been working in credit repair since 2009. They service all but four states in the United States.

Rank Chart

#20
build-my-scores

$87-$150/Mo
6.5

The Good

Money Back Guarantee
Build My Scores aims to provide personalized service with excellent communication. If you don’t see a fifty point increase in your credit score or any removal of derogatory or incorrect terms, you’ll receive a refund.

Info on Credit Industry
The company provides plenty of information on the credit industry to help the customer understand why credit repair is important. This information includes summaries of credit law, credit bureaus, and different kinds of credit scores.

Another benefit that Build My Scores provides is the fact that it specialized in audits to the creditors and collection companies directly, not just the bureaus. A company explaining the ins and outs of the credit industry is a good sign that you’re dealing with a company that is legitimate. It can be a red flag when a company doesn’t give upfront information on the industry and what you can do on your own. Also, a money back satisfaction guarantee is a nice touch, even though not much detail is given on how long services need to be provided before you qualify. You can likely get these questions answered through a free consultation.

The Bad

Attorneys Only Available in Texas
In order to qualify for any attorney assistance, regarding a client’s credit repair, that individual must reside in Texas.

Must Contact for Pricing
Build My Scores claims “start today for $150 or less,” but it’s unclear on whether that’s a startup fee, a monthly fee, or a deletion fee. Three plans are offered to give you the one that’s most relevant to you. However, you must contact the company through its contact page to get more pricing on those plans.

Doesn’t Serve all of U.S.
However, Build My Score does have other credit repair assistance across other parts of the U.S. Unfortunately, if you live in Idaho, Wisconsin, Georgia, or South Carolina, you’re not eligible for any of Build My Scores services.

When comparing to other credit repair companies, it’s nice to have prices for different plans available, and Build My Scores doesn’t do that. Although you can discover your price through its free consultation, some of its larger competitors offer different plan prices upfront. Also, little information is provided on its website regarding attorney availability.

The Bottom Line

If you live in Idaho, Wisconsin, Georgia, or South Carolina it’s probably best to seek credit repair help elsewhere. Build My Scores seems like a legitimate credit repair company in that they provide digestible information on the credit industry and how credit scores work. You can receive a free consultation and get a comprehensive analysis about your credit repair needs. However, more clarification about their money back guarantee would be helpful. In addition, presenting little pricing information without a phone call is not as ideal compared to other credit repair companies who are more transparent about service costs.

X close
X close

5 Build My Scores Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

October 21st, 2016 Plymouth, MN

I was so skeptical about trying Build My Score because of all the scams but when a realtor recommended them I decided to give them a try. This team is the real deal!! I started in May with a score near 510 (maybe lower if that’s possible) and by October I was up to 560. I did everything they asked of me and I got the results they said I would! The entire team was great to work with. They were very responsive and did all they could to assist me with any situations that came up. I would definitely recommend them to others who are trying to clean up their credit and are willing to do their part in making it happen!!!

2. User Score

October 20th, 2016 The Colony, TX

Great Experience with Justin C, I was referred to him by our realtor and I needed help in a matter of months (from Feb 2016-Aug 2016) to help increase my credit score and buy our dream home. He knew helped me with everything I needed and was very patient. Thank you, thank you, thank you

3. User Score

June 9th, 2016 Washington, DC

I have been with build my scores since March 2016 and already I have seen huge changes in my credit score. I am very happy with what services I am getting from this company. Any time I have a question I know I can get someone almost every time and If I don’t get them at that moment they call back within the day or next morning. You also have access to see your progress where you can communicate with the staff there. In short terms they are great and would recommend them to everyone looking to improve their credit.

4. User Score

October 25th, 2015 Prosper, TX

Build my scores is simply amazing. I have been with them since june of 2015 and they have removed numerous of collections and repos from my credit. Anthony P is an outstanding example of what customer care is all about. Great service and i couldnt be more happy. Thanks build my scores for all the hard work. Fyi i am not a paid reviewer just a happy client

5. User Score

March 9th, 2015 Keller, TX

I have used Build my scores since Jan 2014 and have had a great experience. They are very thorough in their process and have kept me informed every step of the way. I have been contacted at least once a month to go over my credit file and report. While they do not pay for our credit reporting service the cost of service is much lower than other companies. What I liked most was the ability to reach out to someone at Build My Scores and always getting a real person on the phone and the return phone calls when needed were always within 24 hours. Great service and great Work!