MyFreeScoreNow is a credit monitoring company that was founded in 2013.

Rank Chart
#6
my_free_score_now-thumbnail
$29.95
7.0

The Good

• Trial
  • Add-ons
  • Customer service
  • Library

Trial

MyFreeScoreNow offers a free 14-day trial that allows customers to see their credit reports and scores.

Add-Ons

The company offers add-on services that allow customers to see reports and scores from all three of the major credit bureaus. MyFreeScoreNow also provides financial transaction monitoring and credit monitoring to help prevent ID theft.

Customer service agents are available via online chat or phone during normal business hours seven days a week.

Library

MyFreeScoreNow offers a learning library for its paying customers and website visitors. The information offered is fairly basic in its scope, but it is a good starting place for those wanting to understand more about their credit.

The Bad

• Upgrades
  • Limitations
  • Price

Upgrades

MyFreeScoreNow does not offer their customers access to all three of the major credit bureau reports or their scores without upgrading their service. At that, when ordering the add-on of all three reports, it is a one-time fee and monitoring will only be performed on one report/score.

Limitations

Customers are at MyFreeScoreNow’s mercy as to which credit report and score that will be monitored.

Price

At $29.95 per month, MyFreeScoreNow’s monitoring services are pricier than those of most of its competitors.

The Bottom Line

MyFreeScoreNow offers a free trial, add-on services, customer support, and a resource library. However, the company requires customers to pay an additional fee for upgrades, and charges an expensive price for its services.

More Information

Price Range

After the free seven-day trial has expired, customers are automatically signed up with MyFreeScoreNow’s monthly credit monitoring service, which costs $29.95 per month.

Trial Details

MyFreeScoreNow offers one free seven-day trial period per person. During the free trial, all features and reports are available to customers. Customers wishing to cancel their free membership are advised to call MyFreeScoreNow at 1-888-548-2008 no later than the 5th day of the free trial to ensure that future billing is not incurred.

Scores and Reports Provided

The company offers credit scores and reports from all three major bureaus—Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion.

Monitoring

MyFreeScoreNow offers regular monitoring of its customers’ credit files and one score.  They also provide transaction, and credit report monitoring. MyFreeScoreNow will send spending alerts via email or text.

Credit Score and Report Refreshes

The company offers daily refreshes of credit scores and reports.

Data Security

MyFreeScoreNow uses the highest level of 128-bit SSL certificates to protect its customers’ sensitive data and information.  Its website passes independent security verifications with both McAfee and Norton.

Identity Theft Protection

Yes, MyFreeScoreNow does provide ID Theft Protection.

Alert Options

MyFreeScoreNow uses email alerts to notify its customers of significant changes made on their credit report, including the following:

• New inquiries
  • New accounts opened in your name
  • Late payments
  • Bankruptcies and other public records
  • New address
  • New employer
  • Name change

Time in Business

MyFreeScoreNow was founded in 2013.

Contact Information

X close

8 MyFreeScoreNow.com Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

February 7th, 2017 Riverside, CA

I had an account adjustment that need attention and was resolved with a fast response and solution

2. User Score

January 5th, 2017

They are rip off don’t do it using your credit card get a pay pal card be careful what you buy over the internet and they are hard to get in touch to cancel out you just be on hold so guess what you get no more money. Very upset! And I just did a one time score check not to join I don’t like this.

3. User Score

December 13th, 2016

I like the services myfreescorenow provides, credit reports from all three major credit bureaus are available, and all your information is displayed in an easy to use dashboard with lots of useful tools and features.

4. User Score

December 13th, 2016 Post Falls, ID

It’s nice to be able to forget about my credit report knowing MyFreeScoreNow is keeping an eye on it and will let me know when it detects something I should verify.

5. User Score

December 1st, 2016

Myfreescorenow offered exactly what I needed to start. My sister-in-law recommended the service to me. I only wanted one report, at the time, and the fee seemed fair. After reviewing my score and report I upgraded to the three w/ monitoring. I’m in my 7th month (home loan shopping and credit repair). I called customer service one to ask how to best offer assistance on how to work on my score and was quickly transferred to a rep who helped.

I recommend this service although I might’ve liked to have been given the option to select all 3 from the start. All in all, good experience.

– David H

6. User Score

January 18th, 2016 Las Vegas, NV

I agree that myfreescore is a total scam, i went in think that i was going to receive at least one credit report for all three, but only got one. also their monthly fee for monitoring is in very small print and you will miss it if you don’t pay attention, like i did and when they debited my credit card i was shocked.

1 1

7. User Score

January 30th, 2015 Omaha, NE

I was so surprised/upset when my credit card statement showed $29.95 for Oct and then again in November and now again in December. I can’t find a phone number to call and ask what the charge is for. I used this service for about 10 minutes on 10/17 and have no intentions of using it ever again. Not recommended to anyone. Why is it called “Free”????

1 1

8. User Score

June 13th, 2014 Chicago, IL

What a total scam. I can’t believe how much $$ I flushed down the drain just to see my scores (a new 800 club member) – total ego thing. Bit me in the ass. I signed up for all 3-scores June 1 and since then, I’ve noticed charges totaling $95.85. Literally TWO WEEKS later. I am so upset right now… if you want to check your “free score now”? Run as fast and as far away as you can. Yes – you can do the 7 day trial but that is only for your FICO score… These people are thieves.

2 1