- MyFreeScoreNow offers a free 7-day trial to see one of your credit reports and scores.
- They offer an additional add-on to see reports from all three of the major credit bureaus and scores.
- Customer service agents are available via online chat or by phone 7-days per week, during normal business hours.
- MyFreeScoreNow offers a learning library for their paying customers as well as website visitors. The information offered is fairly basic in its scope, but it is a good starting place for those wanting to understand more about their credit.
- MyFreeScoreNow does not offer their customers access to all three of the major credit bureau reports or their scores without upgrading the service. At that, when ordering the add-on of all three reports, it is a one-time fee and monitoring will only be performed on one report/score.
- Transparency is an issue which should be fully present with any company, especially those using one’s personal data. MyFreeScoreNow only gives information which is required to avoid problems (when the free trial expires, monthly fees, etc.), and little more than the very basic facts.
- Customers are at MyFreeScoreNow’s mercy as to which credit report and score that will be monitored.
- While some companies offer their customers assistance in disputing false information on their credit report or help with identity theft, MyFreeScoreNow does neither.
- MyFreeScoreNow’s monitoring services are pricier than their competitors, and for less access to credit reports and scores than the competition.
After the free 7-day trial has expired, customers are automatically signed up with MyFreeScoreNow’s monthly credit monitoring service. This subscription is billed month-to-month and does not include a minimum subscription term. Customers are billed $29.95 on the 8th day after their trial and monthly after that until they cancel their membership.
MyFreeScoreNow offers one free 7-day trial period per person. Please check back on their website after this date for any further updates. During the free trial, all features and reports are available to their customers. Customers wishing to cancel their free membership are advised to call MyFreeScoreNow at 1-888-548-2008 no later than the 5th day of the free trial to ensure that future billing is not incurred.
Scores & Reports Provided
The default selection when ordering credit reports/scores MyFreeScoreNow is to receive a single score and report – at the company’s discretion. Customers can order all three of their credit reports (Experian, Equifax or TransUnion) and scores for an additional one-time cost of $30. Monthly monitoring and scores are from one bureau only and customers may not select from which bureau that the score/report will be used.
While some companies offer some assistance in disputing errors which may be found on an individual’s credit reports, MyFreeScoreNow does not offer any sort of assistance beyond giving the basic information (addresses to which to send disputed information).
MyFreeScoreNow offers regular monitoring of their customers’ credit files and one score. They do not state how often they actively scan for potentially fraudulent information or changes, neither on their website or via customer service representatives and are noticeably opaque.
Credit Score and Report Refreshes
Some companies will update your report or score with the most updated information for free once a year, quarterly, monthly or even everyday. Please note how often the credit scores and credit reports are updated (please note if they offer 3 scores and only 1 is refreshed daily versus the others that will only be quarterly).
MyFreeScoreNow uses the highest level of 128-bit SSL certificates to protect their customer’s sensitive data and information. Their website passes independent security verifications with both McAfee and Norton.
Identity Theft Protection
MyFreeScoreNow does not offer identity theft protection services at this time.
MyFreeScoreNow uses email alerts to notify their customers to significant changes made on their credit report including:
- New inquiries
- New accounts opened in your name
- Late payments
- Bankruptcies and other public records
- New address
- New employer
- Name change
Time in Business
MyFreeScoreNow began operation in 2013.
125 E Main St
American Fork, UT 84003