Best Company Guarantee Visa Logo

Visa

7.9

LAST UPDATED: July 4th, 2022

Visa is a global payments technology company that provides digital currency services in over 200 countries and territories.

Visa credit cards are not issued by the company itself. Instead, Visa is a payment processing network, and cards are issued by partner financial institutions. Other examples of payment processing networks include Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.

Many credit card issuers that you may be familiar with, or perhaps even your personal banking institution, may offer Visa credit cards.

According to the company’s corporate website, there are more than 2.5 billion Visa credit cards in use worldwide.

Continue reading for a full review of this company and Visa reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Visa Offers and Perks
  • Visa Card Protections
  • Worldwide Card Acceptance
  • Travel Support
  • Helpful Business Tools
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Mobile Payments
  • Positive Customer Reviews

Visa Offers and Perks

While specific rewards will vary by card issuer, Visa offers a wide variety of offers and deals that can help you save money and earn rewards on shopping, sports, entertainment, and more.

In many cases, Visa has specific retailer partnerships that offer cardholders special deals and savings. Some of these retailers include GlassesUSA.com, BarkBox, Reebok, H&M, Hertz, as well as over 900 luxury hotels.

Visa Card Protections

Visa offers specific benefits and protections, but these will vary by card issuer and so it is important to check with your card issuer to learn more about the Visa card benefits and features that are available to you.

Protections offered by Visa include the following:

• Zero liability — If your card is lost, stolen, or fraudulently used, you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized transactions.
  • Cardholder inquiry services — Available on all Visa cards, this service provides card users with 24/7 customer phone support.
  • Emergency card replacement — If you need a replacement card, Visa will work with your card issuer to get you a new card within 24 to 72 hours.
  • Roadside dispatch — A pay-per-use roadside assistance program, available 24/7.
  • Lost or stolen card reporting — If your card is lost or stolen you can call Visa Global Customer Care Services to quickly resolve the issue.
  • Emergency cash disbursement — In case of emergency, Visa can arrange a wire cash transfer within 2 hours of approval from your card issuer.

Worldwide Card Acceptance

One of the benefits of using a Visa card is that it is accepted nearly everywhere. This is a point highlighted in many 5-star Visa customer reviews.

Travel Support

While traveling you can be confident that your Visa card will be accepted at most locations, but the company also offers a variety of travel support tools and resources:

• Lost or stolen card assistance — If your card is lost or stolen, Visa will work with you to quickly replace it.
  • Currency exchange calculator — Quickly estimate your exchange rate in another currency with the currency exchange calculator.
  • Global ATM locator — Find a global ATM, wherever you are.
  • Visa prepaid cards — Use a prepaid Visa card instead of cash.
  • Travel and emergency assistance services — Available to all Visa Signature and Visa TravelMoney cardholders; find referrals for medical, legal, and/or transportation services.

In addition to these services, Visa outlines helpful tips that can protect you while traveling, allowing you to enjoy a stress-free trip.

Helpful Business Tools

Visa offers a variety of tools for small businesses, providing the groundwork for easy money movement for merchants through the Visa network.

24/7 Customer Service

Customers can reach a customer service representative by phone 24/7 if any questions arise or if they need assistance with a credit card issue. A live chat option is available as well on the corporate website.

Customers can also contact Visa by email and receive a response within 24 to 48 hours. The company also has an FAQ section that answers many questions customers frequently ask.

Mobile Payments

Customers are able to make payments and purchases directly from a payment-enabled smartphone, tablet, or wearable device. With retail merchants that offer the Contactless symbol at the cash register, users can simply swipe their phone to complete the transaction instead of having to pull out their credit card.

Online purchases are also protected through Visa Checkout. Most transactions are securely protected against the possibility of hackers accessing sensitive financial information. In the unlikely event it does happen, zero liability protection helps provide coverage for any fraudulent unauthorized purchases.

Positive Customer Reviews

The majority of Visa reviews are 5-star, with customer frequently highlighting the following:

• Travel protection services
  • Generous rewards, particularly for travel, including air miles and hotels
  • Reliable fraud-alert system and quick response time to fraudulent claims
  • Conveniently wide card acceptance and purchase protection

While complaints are limited, some customers do mention high interest rates.

The Bad

Rates, Fees, and Other Features May Vary

Because Visa is a payment processing network and not a card issuer, rates, terms, fees, and other card features may vary by financial institutions offering Visa cards. Therefore, it is important to touch base with your card issuer on rate and term specifics because Visa can’t guarantee any of these factors.

The Bottom Line

Visa is a well-known global payments technology provider that offers a wide range of credit card offers to consumers of all credit types. The company is highly reputable in the industry with billions of transactions taking place annually around the world.

Specific rates, terms, fees, and rewards will vary by credit card issuer, but Visa does offer specific services, such as its travel support and card protection services, that are consistent across all Visa cards. For specific information on factors such as rewards, you should contact your card issuer.

bestcompany guarantee

Best Company guarantees your satisfaction if you choose a company that has earned this distinction. If you're not satisfied after 30 days, simply let us know and we'll give you $100. Yes, it's really that simple.

Learn More

Sharon Lepore Bountiful, UT

I enjoy my Visa that i am using through my credit union. When ive had an issue usisng my card, the issue was resolved a lot faster then i thought for at the time.! I did however get stuck at the gas station at the point of purchase with a flagged card, which was rather embarrassing!

Matthew Locke Tucson, AZ

Lisa is a great credit card company with great prepaid cards and unsecured cards with great interest rates the prepaid cards have no rates to use monthly and can be used at any store that Visa is accepted and on the internet you can pay bills get gas easily and get groceries.

Brittany Gould Augusta, ME

Visa has always been my go to company. Almost every debit card I’ve ever had has been Visa. They’re a great company and I think every retailer has the option of using Visa for your purchases. They have great customer service, and options to suit everyone’s personal needs.

Rebekah Cothren Fleetwood, NC

I have several cards in my wallet and I use my Visa the most. I’ve never been anywhere that didn’t accept it. And I don’t have any fees to speak of with it either. Good fraud protection and identity theft protection. Couldn’t ask for much better really.

Sweetstuff69 Las Vegas, NV

They are Great !! I had some unauthorized charges on my Visa card and they promptly addressed the situation and my monies were refunded in a very timely matter !! I am very pleased with the service that they provided .

1 day ago

Ms C Leawood, KS

They are great. Excellent at watching for fraud, always on high alert. Very much appreciated. Through my credit union this is an excellent card. Thank you

Jnt_421 Bethel Park, PA

I am happy with my Visa account. I have had it for several years and, although my specific account doesn't have many perks, it's good to have in case of emergency. I was also able to add my son on as an authorized user without any problems or delays.

Missenurkissen Seattle, WA

Visa has been in my wallet since I was old enough to know what it was & as I have grown so has the Visa card company with me. I love that now I have kids old enough to want a card of their own Visa offers programs to teach my kids how to manage, save & spend money properly all while giving me the mother the ability to monitor their spending. Giving my whole family the finical security we need.

Gloria Brown Plymouth Meeting, PA

Everybody I know have visa and never had a problem, Visa detect if something is wrong and they notify me immediately if something is wrong

Melissa Mercado San Antonio, TX

What isn't to like about a credit card! Protect your privacy by paying with a card..not cash. Lock your card as needed to protect your data. Excellent customer service.

Robyn LeClair Essex Junction, VT

I've always had very good service help and customer service when needed and I was extremely satisfied with the help I received when unauthorized charges were charged to my account from a fitness program in California and I live in Vermont it was a significant amount of money and I was very happy with the service I received so thanks for that!

Kim Boyles Wilson, NC

Very satisfied with Visa. I find the company to be affordable and reasonable with the rates compared to many others.

Tricia Pietrzak Sacramento, CA

I can use it anywhere, the customer service is efficient and knowledgeable they stand behind their customers

Monica Roberts Indianapolis, IN

I prefer Visa to MasterCard because it's just so much easier. Less hassel less charges all over great card.

Donna Cost Dublin, OH

I have had several fraud attempts and visa has always taken extra good care of me and my circumstances.

Phyllis Green Laguna Beach, CA

I find them to be efficient. I have Visa Credit cards and have had them for years. I've never had any issues of concern with my Visa cards.

D. Jones Arlington, TX

Never had a problem using my Visa card. Their fraud protection plan has been very easy to use and their payment schedule is straight forward.

Roxanne LaValley Plattsburgh, NY

The Visa I have is my bank card and I really like it. Some places don't online stores don't like certain debit/credit card, such as Master cards. Since I been using my Visa I have no problems.

SHARON BROWN Philadelphia, PA

I like the fact that when I call customer service I can get an answer quickly and my issue is resolved quickly I also like the fact that Visa is used in many stores across America and many countries

Judy Fred Narragansett, RI

Visa is the one name that is accepted all over. When I travel abroad, I grab my passport and my Visa! I's a name I've trusted since my first trip to the UK when I was in college (I won't say how long ago that was...). The customer service and the mobile app are wonderful.

Silver Hokum Colorado Springs, CO

My first credit card was with Visa, I know it will always be in my wallet. No matter the situation I feel protected by Visa. knowing my buying power is enhanced with the great power of a credit card that protects your money and will be there when you need. I've always been treated as a valued customer and know Visa is on my side.

Kim LaCost Philadelphia, PA

Excellent customer service. No problems to speak of. Card works well, and can be used anywhere.

Precious H. DeSoto, TX

Visa is a good and reputable company. I highly recommend the use of their credit cards. Their customer service is satisfactory.

Yolanda Kooker IA

Staff is very nice. They always explain how what when why . They make you feel better and even make sure your comfortable with them and they're calling you.

AngeliaHuffman Flora, IN

I love visa. As long as you pay your monthly bill in full you wont run into any issues but even if you pay the minimum the interest rates aren't bad at all.

Paul Howard Arlington, WA

I have had fraud issues with them before, however, they are quick to notify me when my card has been used for a legitimate expense. Could be better honestly. They will cancel my card when I don't need them to. It can be a massive inconvenience when making purchases.

Angel Dragneel Beaumont, TX

i have a couple cards that are visa. no issue with them . and if i do have an issue with them the customer service is quick to provide me with the help i need.

Pacific Austin San Francisco, CA

I don’t know what more to say about Visa other than it is is nearly universal and extremely convenient. I have heard that their fees can be high, though, so I hope that in the future they can work with small businesses.

Queen Shavy Miami Beach, FL

According to Visa, merchants may not put a minimum on purchases. I contacted them that a grocery was refusing to accept visa debit unless you spend over $10. Visa promptly took steps to correct the merchant.

Anoushka Ahuja Lecanto, FL

I can use my Visa card anywhere! I was on vacation on a cruise and I needed to withdraw a large amount for some shopping I had to do and they immediately sent me a fraud alert! That was great to see that they take security very seriously and once I ensured that it was a legitimate purchase they lifted the pause and all it took was one phone call

scotty Saint Paul, MN

I like my visa credit cards those are the ones I probably use the most.They offer fair interest rates no annual fees And you can also get cash back or multiple other bonuses Like flight miles and other programs like that. if you have any issues with your visa credit card their customer service team is top notch and they're very fast at making decisions on disputes for any type of fraudulent transactions on your account. And usually its in your favor. oh and they're accepted everywhere!

darcy sullivan Pensacola, FL

I have had a Visa card for many years now, and it has been nothing but great. They are great at keeping in touch with me if there seems to be any suspicious activity regarding my card. The app that comes with it is also extremely useful and easy to use.

Contessa Bassett Indiana, PA

I can use prepaid visa cards and load my own $. Not really building credit this way but Visa is accepted everywhere.

Dougie D Harold, KY

Visa is straight forward about their fees. Depending on card offer you can get very low interest rates. They will also upgrade your card plan aka bigger max cap and lower fees after good status over time, just ask! The only card that won’t slap on hidden fees for doing it. Also identify theft they are swift on! They will wipe off those illegal charges with little hassle or worry! Don’t worry they got you credit score back!

Francisco Silva Chicago, IL

I had some troubles with false scam alerts, but this just shows how good their scam prevention system is.

Warren Grover Seattle, WA

Last year, we opened an account at Costco and went with their Costco Visa card. We use it for as many-non cash transactions as possible and we are excited about the Costco rewards we are getting from the card--and we do not shop at Costco that often so many of the points are from other sources. (We would shop their more often but we are in the mountains about two hours away from the nearest Costco so is difficult to get there.) I also love the ease of using the Citi Visa; the website is very efficient and easy to use--I check my purchases quite often. They have been very good to me when I have disputed some charges and they seem to really be on my side as much as they can be. I highly recommend this card!

Giovana Pinckney Charlotte, NC

Visa has helpful customer service, treats clients well and are consistent. I ahvent had any issues with the site or my account.

s B Portland, OR

Very Useful to have a credit card. Visa is accessible and I have only good experiences with customer service. I can take mine abroad too.

LaVoya Searcy Siloam Springs, AR

I like that Visa is still right on top just like Mastercard. But Visa seems a little lighter on my mind when I think of it. I've usually always chose Visa logo.

Rene Fleming Washington, DC

Ive never had any trouble using visa,and anytime ive called an needed to talk to an individual they have always been great at assisting me in whatever my issue was,very fast and friendly service.

kendra neace Venice, FL

Love the company. Customer service is always eager to help any way possible. I've dealt w fraud and they just put money back in my account then looked into the matter. Very happy loyal customer of Visa for over 10 years now

Jerry Williams Dallas, TX

I have multiple credit cards with Visa from multiple banks. They are very good at customer service. When my accounts have been hacked, they are exceptional at closing the card and reissuing in minimal time. Thanks Visa.

Janet Wood Birmingham, AL

I enjoy being able to use this card at all estabishments...I have been very pleased when I have been alerted of possible fraud. Customer service has always been very helpful getting situations resolved

Christy Mattson Eureka, CA

I am very happy with my Visa credit card. I know that they are a trusted company that will back any of my purchases. It is extremely convenient that Visa is accepted literally almost everywhere in the world.

Sheryl S. Toronto, ON

I love my RBC Visa Infinite Avion card. I have not encountered anyplace it isn't accepted. The rewards points program is easy to use and understand. I appreciate that there are 2 ways to redeem the points for travel as that makes it super flexible, with no blackouts or exceptions.

Thomas Prusinowski Springfield, MO

Excellent and prompt service...disputes resolved quickly!

Wendy Shaw Queens, NY

The perfect credit card for a ALL life styles. Credit cards, debit cards, prepaid cards, gift cards and more! Easy to apply and browse opptions on-line. Low / zero intro rates... Excellent custumer service. On-line banking and so much more!!!! A Must Have...

Khadija Kachwala London, ON

I've been using Visa cards since years from back home in India to now in Canada. I've used them with different banks like ICICI and Scotiabank and the experience has always been wonderful. There's been no annual fees charged to me and the tap payment method is great for as little contact as possible. Always recommend visa!

Velma Merritt Ozark, MO

Visa is my favorite card. They not only do not charge me a fee but they have rewards. I also like being able to challenge a dishonest charge. One time I came home from a foreign country and had 12 baggage charges. They said, "Cut up your card, we'll send a new one." We'll take care of the problem. Great customer service.

Alicia Mesa, AZ

I have used Visa for a lot of years and have been totally happy with them. I've never had any issues with them and when I have had issues with being hacked or having my information stolen, they have been awesome with helping in that instance and making sure I was taken care of. I have been pleased with them and would recommend them to others!