Best Company Guarantee Visa Logo

Visa

7.8

LAST UPDATED: December 6th, 2022

Visa is a global payments technology company that provides digital currency services in over 200 countries and territories.

Visa credit cards are not issued by the company itself. Instead, Visa is a payment processing network, and cards are issued by partner financial institutions. Other examples of payment processing networks include Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.

Many credit card issuers that you may be familiar with, or perhaps even your personal banking institution, may offer Visa credit cards.

According to the company’s corporate website, there are more than 2.5 billion Visa credit cards in use worldwide.

Continue reading for a full review of this company and Visa reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Visa Offers and Perks
  • Visa Card Protections
  • Worldwide Card Acceptance
  • Travel Support
  • Helpful Business Tools
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Mobile Payments
  • Positive Customer Reviews

Visa Offers and Perks

While specific rewards will vary by card issuer, Visa offers a wide variety of offers and deals that can help you save money and earn rewards on shopping, sports, entertainment, and more.

In many cases, Visa has specific retailer partnerships that offer cardholders special deals and savings. Some of these retailers include GlassesUSA.com, BarkBox, Reebok, H&M, Hertz, as well as over 900 luxury hotels.

Visa Card Protections

Visa offers specific benefits and protections, but these will vary by card issuer and so it is important to check with your card issuer to learn more about the Visa card benefits and features that are available to you.

Protections offered by Visa include the following:

• Zero liability — If your card is lost, stolen, or fraudulently used, you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized transactions.
  • Cardholder inquiry services — Available on all Visa cards, this service provides card users with 24/7 customer phone support.
  • Emergency card replacement — If you need a replacement card, Visa will work with your card issuer to get you a new card within 24 to 72 hours.
  • Roadside dispatch — A pay-per-use roadside assistance program, available 24/7.
  • Lost or stolen card reporting — If your card is lost or stolen you can call Visa Global Customer Care Services to quickly resolve the issue.
  • Emergency cash disbursement — In case of emergency, Visa can arrange a wire cash transfer within 2 hours of approval from your card issuer.

Worldwide Card Acceptance

One of the benefits of using a Visa card is that it is accepted nearly everywhere. This is a point highlighted in many 5-star Visa customer reviews.

Travel Support

While traveling you can be confident that your Visa card will be accepted at most locations, but the company also offers a variety of travel support tools and resources:

• Lost or stolen card assistance — If your card is lost or stolen, Visa will work with you to quickly replace it.
  • Currency exchange calculator — Quickly estimate your exchange rate in another currency with the currency exchange calculator.
  • Global ATM locator — Find a global ATM, wherever you are.
  • Visa prepaid cards — Use a prepaid Visa card instead of cash.
  • Travel and emergency assistance services — Available to all Visa Signature and Visa TravelMoney cardholders; find referrals for medical, legal, and/or transportation services.

In addition to these services, Visa outlines helpful tips that can protect you while traveling, allowing you to enjoy a stress-free trip.

Helpful Business Tools

Visa offers a variety of tools for small businesses, providing the groundwork for easy money movement for merchants through the Visa network.

24/7 Customer Service

Customers can reach a customer service representative by phone 24/7 if any questions arise or if they need assistance with a credit card issue. A live chat option is available as well on the corporate website.

Customers can also contact Visa by email and receive a response within 24 to 48 hours. The company also has an FAQ section that answers many questions customers frequently ask.

Mobile Payments

Customers are able to make payments and purchases directly from a payment-enabled smartphone, tablet, or wearable device. With retail merchants that offer the Contactless symbol at the cash register, users can simply swipe their phone to complete the transaction instead of having to pull out their credit card.

Online purchases are also protected through Visa Checkout. Most transactions are securely protected against the possibility of hackers accessing sensitive financial information. In the unlikely event it does happen, zero liability protection helps provide coverage for any fraudulent unauthorized purchases.

Positive Customer Reviews

The majority of Visa reviews are 5-star, with customer frequently highlighting the following:

• Travel protection services
  • Generous rewards, particularly for travel, including air miles and hotels
  • Reliable fraud-alert system and quick response time to fraudulent claims
  • Conveniently wide card acceptance and purchase protection

While complaints are limited, some customers do mention high interest rates.

The Bad

Rates, Fees, and Other Features May Vary

Because Visa is a payment processing network and not a card issuer, rates, terms, fees, and other card features may vary by financial institutions offering Visa cards. Therefore, it is important to touch base with your card issuer on rate and term specifics because Visa can’t guarantee any of these factors.

The Bottom Line

Visa is a well-known global payments technology provider that offers a wide range of credit card offers to consumers of all credit types. The company is highly reputable in the industry with billions of transactions taking place annually around the world.

Specific rates, terms, fees, and rewards will vary by credit card issuer, but Visa does offer specific services, such as its travel support and card protection services, that are consistent across all Visa cards. For specific information on factors such as rewards, you should contact your card issuer.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Carolyn Smith Jacksonville, FL

What I like best about Visa is the advantage to use it everywhere like restaurants, grocery stores, post offices, movies, department stores, and etc. The list goes on and on!!!

Jeff Barton Layton, UT

Visa! It's everywhere you want to be. Oh yea - so true. Visa is a processing company that brands cards from all my banks and stores. It's generic yet synonymous with the credit card industry and my experience is that it's very reliable and fast.

Heath Ramey Greenville, SC

Customer care center and operators always friendly and respectful towards my needs rather it throw negative lighting onto the company or not. Very professional. I personally believe that Visa is on the top of the credit card food chain for a reason it's bc of the top notch quality service theyv adhered to for a very long time. It works keep it up!!

william reichart Scranton, PA

Visa is my number one go to card .Almost every retailer and online sight accepts it! They're well established and well regarded by everyone

marissa wheeler Burlington, VT

I have been using Visa since I became I was 18 years old. I am now 31 and still turn to Visa before any other company. I have had great expirences with there customer service, easy to use app and online services. As well as a very busy worthy company. I also find there identity theft protection and fraud protection protocols to be the best by far compared to other companies of similar business.

Gail Kessler Forest, VA

Good rewards and customer service. Always enjoy the break on paying my bills with the cash back option.

Whitney Hernandez Keller, TX

Visa is accepted everywhere especially places where Mastercard isn’t so it’s just very convenient and the only type of card I like to use

Johnny Lopez Dallas, TX

Just awesome card to have in out sometimes I don't even need to stand in line because there's a line just for my card appreciate you Visa keep on rocking rock on

Sean Zernickow Monument, CO

Multiple Visa accounts, and have never really had any issues with them. Have had a couple of dispute issues, and they have been handled professionally and complete.

Gina Donofrio

I had a great rapport with Visa. It's accepted in nearly every store. Customer Service works hard to answer and repair any problems. They follow up with issues and your credit is safe.

jbucklin Cameron, LA

Amazon rewards card provides consistent benefits as long as no balance is carried. Visa has responded consistently and promptly in 2 or 3 cases of fraudulent charges on my account. The web site is easy to navigate. I would like the ability to search all past transactions.

Katherine Thacker Chicago, IL

I've gotten several of the Visa digital cards and have had no trouble with using them for online purchases, Visa is a excellent company.

Mary Ellen Lee Gilbert, AZ

I love the customer service of Visa. They are good especially when you are out of the country. I have no complaints! The rewards they provide are good as well!

Michael McBride Chicago, IL

I use it everywhere hassle free dependable

Tshepo Paledi Gaborone, GA

I pay online for a number of items like online schooling and domain registrations. I use Visa a lot and have never complained about unauthorized deductions. I just love the security and the two-factor authentications. It always puts my mind at ease. Keep at it!

Sharon Lepore Bountiful, UT

I enjoy my Visa that i am using through my credit union. When ive had an issue usisng my card, the issue was resolved a lot faster then i thought for at the time.! I did however get stuck at the gas station at the point of purchase with a flagged card, which was rather embarrassing!

Matthew Locke Tucson, AZ

Lisa is a great credit card company with great prepaid cards and unsecured cards with great interest rates the prepaid cards have no rates to use monthly and can be used at any store that Visa is accepted and on the internet you can pay bills get gas easily and get groceries.

Brittany Gould Augusta, ME

Visa has always been my go to company. Almost every debit card I’ve ever had has been Visa. They’re a great company and I think every retailer has the option of using Visa for your purchases. They have great customer service, and options to suit everyone’s personal needs.

Rebekah Cothren Fleetwood, NC

I have several cards in my wallet and I use my Visa the most. I’ve never been anywhere that didn’t accept it. And I don’t have any fees to speak of with it either. Good fraud protection and identity theft protection. Couldn’t ask for much better really.

Missenurkissen Seattle, WA

Visa has been in my wallet since I was old enough to know what it was & as I have grown so has the Visa card company with me. I love that now I have kids old enough to want a card of their own Visa offers programs to teach my kids how to manage, save & spend money properly all while giving me the mother the ability to monitor their spending. Giving my whole family the finical security we need.

Craig Venegas Turlock, CA

I love Visa because anywhere i go they are accepted worldwide and come with great benefits!

Warren Grover Seattle, WA

Last year, we opened an account at Costco and went with their Costco Visa card. We use it for as many-non cash transactions as possible and we are excited about the Costco rewards we are getting from the card--and we do not shop at Costco that often so many of the points are from other sources. (We would shop their more often but we are in the mountains about two hours away from the nearest Costco so is difficult to get there.) I also love the ease of using the Citi Visa; the website is very efficient and easy to use--I check my purchases quite often. They have been very good to me when I have disputed some charges and they seem to really be on my side as much as they can be. I highly recommend this card!

Thawkes2017 AL

I was instantly approved. The only downside I’ve come across is that they are slow to increase your credit limit.

a j Roswell, GA

Visa is taken virtually everywhere. It's more secure than paying with cash. I know when I use my card I will have no issues with my purchases.

Trading Card Bredren Lancaster, PA

Visa is accepted everywhere, and their protection policies is what makes us feel the most comfortable. 5 stars for VISA!

Candice Allen Houston, TX

I love visa I never have any problems with my Visa card it’s easy to load & my direct deposit comes early no extra fees or surprises

Robert C.

Amazon visa is a great deal, even if you just register it with Amazon and use it for nothing other than Amazon purchases.

Lauren San Antonio, TX

Anytime I've had an issue with my Visa credit card, the customer care team takes care of the problem promptly. If I need a new card, they send it over sooner that I expected!

Mike Dupuis Topeka, KS

I was impressed of the professional people at Visa. They explained things in plain and simple terms easy to understand. Also the answered any questions I asked great company.

Eva SLovak Waco, TX

My credit One Platinum Visa card was the very first credit card I got! They gave it to me when no one else would, and since then, it is open me up to other fabulous credit cards!

Angie Smith Price, UT

The Visa credit card has held to every statement it made, before I applied. Their fees and interest are reasonable. They are accepted any where and every where a credit card can be used.

Anoushka Ahuja Lecanto, FL

I can use my Visa card anywhere! I was on vacation on a cruise and I needed to withdraw a large amount for some shopping I had to do and they immediately sent me a fraud alert! That was great to see that they take security very seriously and once I ensured that it was a legitimate purchase they lifted the pause and all it took was one phone call

Edie Glennville, GA

Always glad to have it in my pocket! Respected all over.

Jnt_421 Bethel Park, PA

I am happy with my Visa account. I have had it for several years and, although my specific account doesn't have many perks, it's good to have in case of emergency. I was also able to add my son on as an authorized user without any problems or delays.

Robyn LeClair Essex Junction, VT

I've always had very good service help and customer service when needed and I was extremely satisfied with the help I received when unauthorized charges were charged to my account from a fitness program in California and I live in Vermont it was a significant amount of money and I was very happy with the service I received so thanks for that!

Judy Fred Narragansett, RI

Visa is the one name that is accepted all over. When I travel abroad, I grab my passport and my Visa! I's a name I've trusted since my first trip to the UK when I was in college (I won't say how long ago that was...). The customer service and the mobile app are wonderful.

Silver Hokum Colorado Springs, CO

My first credit card was with Visa, I know it will always be in my wallet. No matter the situation I feel protected by Visa. knowing my buying power is enhanced with the great power of a credit card that protects your money and will be there when you need. I've always been treated as a valued customer and know Visa is on my side.

darcy sullivan Pensacola, FL

I have had a Visa card for many years now, and it has been nothing but great. They are great at keeping in touch with me if there seems to be any suspicious activity regarding my card. The app that comes with it is also extremely useful and easy to use.

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

I have a Chase Visa card and we really like it. I like that Visa cards are accepted everywhere and I never have to ask "do you accept Visa". The customer service is great and the rewards are unmatched for what our family needs. The website is very user friendly and I am able to see all of my accounts on one page. The first credit card I ever applied for was a Visa and I have had one ever since. Visa stands by their cards and promotions and I am a loyal customer for life.

Rhonda Sanford Merrick, NY

I have had many positive experiences in dealing with Visa and their customer service department. There have been several business disputes using my Visa card and they have all been professionally and rapidly handled. In addition, my card was lost and they handled it quickly. Another times, some expensive purchases were being made and the company called m to check if they were legitimate ones. All in all, it has been a positive relationship.

Linda Jensen Newberg, OR

We use our Visa for all our monthly purchases. (Always pay off each month). And our new Costco Visa is awesome! The cash back that we will be getting is so much better than our last Visa card. Also, someone got a hold of my # and made some rather large purchases, and Visa was quick to notify us. They took care of everything. Good to know they are watching my back.

Yuvonne Banks Grand Rapids, MI

Visa has been reliable, never had any issues. Plan on remaining a visa customer

Dougie D Harold, KY

Visa is straight forward about their fees. Depending on card offer you can get very low interest rates. They will also upgrade your card plan aka bigger max cap and lower fees after good status over time, just ask! The only card that won’t slap on hidden fees for doing it. Also identify theft they are swift on! They will wipe off those illegal charges with little hassle or worry! Don’t worry they got you credit score back!

Party0f7 Macomb, MI

Visa has allowed me to travel the world during my college study abroad days. It is a card accepted everywhere. It has allowed me to book flights and has converted foreign currency appropriately. I have notified the company ahead of time with my travel plans but when I have forgotten to, they have verified with me to make sure my account has not had fraudulent activity. I am confident with Visa in accuracy and appreciate quality customer service experiences

Steve Ashby Portland, OR

We have A LOT of Visa Credit cards and they are all great. I really like the Chase visa cards. Points through the Marriott Visa have allowed us to do lots of traveling. The United Airlines Visa card is great for free luggage and gives lots of points. We also switched over to the Costco Visa when they made the switch from AmEx, super beneficial with rebates on gas and every purchase, has saved us hundreds. Finally, a go to for us is the Alaska air Visa. Also good for free luggage and lots of points, and you get a BOGO every year! It is safe to say we don't make a purchase without getting some Visa point of rebate perk.

Marcie M Idaho Falls, ID

I have used Visa ever since I first got a credit card. It’s the best credit card company in my opinion. I’ve never had any annual fees, transfer fees, or any unnecessary fees. I love the cash back rewards program. At the end of each year I’m able to earn enough rewards points to get some nice things for my family. One year I got my husband an Apple Watch for Christmas with the rewards points I had saved up and he loved it! We recently used our points to purchase airplane tickets for a family vacation to Disneyland. Pretty awesome! I have never had a single negative issue with Visa. They’re a great company and have served us well for many years.

Baj5527 Brigham City, UT

I love my Visa card. It’s all I use. I have other cards but honestly I prefer to use my Visa. I receive a wonderful benefit from using this Visa in the form of %of $spent at Costco and other places. Since I use this Visa mostly there I gain a great “reward” yearly. I have had on occasion a few times when I’ve refused charges on my Visa. I don’t like doing that but they have done a wonderful job of researching the charge for me and for the most part they have resolved the issue for me. I’m so happy with my Visa company. I don’t know about other Visa providers but mine is truly great. I don’t have to pay an annual fee and as long as I pay my balance by the payment date I don’t pay any interest. I’m very happy with my situation. I receive a check from Visa to be used at Costco. Which actually I can cash there. I don’t have to spend it all there. Their Customer Service is excellent. Anytime I’ve called they have been able to answer my questions and put me at ease within minutes. Again I’m totally pleased with my Visa.

Steve Anderson Lindon, UT

I love my Visa card!! I've never had a problem with it. It's never been declined anywhere I've traveled throughout the world. The customer service is excellent. Nor have I had a problem understanding the folks I call with questions and asking for help. That's a big help for me. It's terribly frustrating when I call for online support and cannot understand what the person on the other side of the line is trying to tell me. I've had my Visa for so long I don't even remember when I first got it. I also love the fact that it covers the fees for using it overseas. This card is a keeper, without a doubt.

Sathvik Aithala Portland, OR

I have multiple visa credit and debit cards, and all have been good. Had some fraud charges, but they were swiftly handled by Visa customer service.

Ruby Esparza Bethany, OK

I loved that visa is accepted everywhere I go, even when i have gone out of the country i have not encountered any issues.