Best Company Guarantee Visa Logo

Visa

7.8

LAST UPDATED: November 29th, 2022

Visa is a global payments technology company that provides digital currency services in over 200 countries and territories.

Visa credit cards are not issued by the company itself. Instead, Visa is a payment processing network, and cards are issued by partner financial institutions. Other examples of payment processing networks include Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.

Many credit card issuers that you may be familiar with, or perhaps even your personal banking institution, may offer Visa credit cards.

According to the company’s corporate website, there are more than 2.5 billion Visa credit cards in use worldwide.

Continue reading for a full review of this company and Visa reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Visa Offers and Perks
  • Visa Card Protections
  • Worldwide Card Acceptance
  • Travel Support
  • Helpful Business Tools
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Mobile Payments
  • Positive Customer Reviews

Visa Offers and Perks

While specific rewards will vary by card issuer, Visa offers a wide variety of offers and deals that can help you save money and earn rewards on shopping, sports, entertainment, and more.

In many cases, Visa has specific retailer partnerships that offer cardholders special deals and savings. Some of these retailers include GlassesUSA.com, BarkBox, Reebok, H&M, Hertz, as well as over 900 luxury hotels.

Visa Card Protections

Visa offers specific benefits and protections, but these will vary by card issuer and so it is important to check with your card issuer to learn more about the Visa card benefits and features that are available to you.

Protections offered by Visa include the following:

• Zero liability — If your card is lost, stolen, or fraudulently used, you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized transactions.
  • Cardholder inquiry services — Available on all Visa cards, this service provides card users with 24/7 customer phone support.
  • Emergency card replacement — If you need a replacement card, Visa will work with your card issuer to get you a new card within 24 to 72 hours.
  • Roadside dispatch — A pay-per-use roadside assistance program, available 24/7.
  • Lost or stolen card reporting — If your card is lost or stolen you can call Visa Global Customer Care Services to quickly resolve the issue.
  • Emergency cash disbursement — In case of emergency, Visa can arrange a wire cash transfer within 2 hours of approval from your card issuer.

Worldwide Card Acceptance

One of the benefits of using a Visa card is that it is accepted nearly everywhere. This is a point highlighted in many 5-star Visa customer reviews.

Travel Support

While traveling you can be confident that your Visa card will be accepted at most locations, but the company also offers a variety of travel support tools and resources:

• Lost or stolen card assistance — If your card is lost or stolen, Visa will work with you to quickly replace it.
  • Currency exchange calculator — Quickly estimate your exchange rate in another currency with the currency exchange calculator.
  • Global ATM locator — Find a global ATM, wherever you are.
  • Visa prepaid cards — Use a prepaid Visa card instead of cash.
  • Travel and emergency assistance services — Available to all Visa Signature and Visa TravelMoney cardholders; find referrals for medical, legal, and/or transportation services.

In addition to these services, Visa outlines helpful tips that can protect you while traveling, allowing you to enjoy a stress-free trip.

Helpful Business Tools

Visa offers a variety of tools for small businesses, providing the groundwork for easy money movement for merchants through the Visa network.

24/7 Customer Service

Customers can reach a customer service representative by phone 24/7 if any questions arise or if they need assistance with a credit card issue. A live chat option is available as well on the corporate website.

Customers can also contact Visa by email and receive a response within 24 to 48 hours. The company also has an FAQ section that answers many questions customers frequently ask.

Mobile Payments

Customers are able to make payments and purchases directly from a payment-enabled smartphone, tablet, or wearable device. With retail merchants that offer the Contactless symbol at the cash register, users can simply swipe their phone to complete the transaction instead of having to pull out their credit card.

Online purchases are also protected through Visa Checkout. Most transactions are securely protected against the possibility of hackers accessing sensitive financial information. In the unlikely event it does happen, zero liability protection helps provide coverage for any fraudulent unauthorized purchases.

Positive Customer Reviews

The majority of Visa reviews are 5-star, with customer frequently highlighting the following:

• Travel protection services
  • Generous rewards, particularly for travel, including air miles and hotels
  • Reliable fraud-alert system and quick response time to fraudulent claims
  • Conveniently wide card acceptance and purchase protection

While complaints are limited, some customers do mention high interest rates.

The Bad

Rates, Fees, and Other Features May Vary

Because Visa is a payment processing network and not a card issuer, rates, terms, fees, and other card features may vary by financial institutions offering Visa cards. Therefore, it is important to touch base with your card issuer on rate and term specifics because Visa can’t guarantee any of these factors.

The Bottom Line

Visa is a well-known global payments technology provider that offers a wide range of credit card offers to consumers of all credit types. The company is highly reputable in the industry with billions of transactions taking place annually around the world.

Specific rates, terms, fees, and rewards will vary by credit card issuer, but Visa does offer specific services, such as its travel support and card protection services, that are consistent across all Visa cards. For specific information on factors such as rewards, you should contact your card issuer.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Gumby Rowland Heights, CA

Visa has always been my favorite credit card company. Mostly because they are accepted everywhere and they have good customer service. You just have to watch out for interest rates as they will such you dry if you don't use self control.

Who Knows

Visa is a decent credit card to have in your arsenal. The customer service is great. They've helped me reverse charges that were not suppose to be there. Other then that, I've experienced few problems

Acrofab Office1 Holland, MI

Almost every accepts Visa card. Easy to have a company card and track finances. Usually easy to dispute if need arises though it seems way too easy for companies to say you signed up for a service that you didn't and justify a monthly charge to your card that is hard to get a dispute accepted.

Shelton Germaine Rogers, AR

I recently had an experience with Visa that made me happy so I thought I would share. I had ordered some silver coins that ended up being a scam. I contacted the provider who filed a report on my behalf. Visa stood behind me and followed their zero fraud policy. I was refunded and I handed over the case to the local police department for investigation. Nice job Visa!

mike nowaczyk Sylvania, OH

Have not had too many problems with Visa and when they do arise they seem to be handled to my satisfaction.

Jenny Hite Kansas City, MO

I have been a visa customer for many years. I have both a Visa debit as well as Visa credit though my bank as well as several other companies.. I have always been very pleased with the service, ease of use, customer service, etc. My only problem is the same with all credit cards.....interest rate is TOOOO high.

scotty Saint Paul, MN

I like my visa credit cards those are the ones I probably use the most.They offer fair interest rates no annual fees And you can also get cash back or multiple other bonuses Like flight miles and other programs like that. if you have any issues with your visa credit card their customer service team is top notch and they're very fast at making decisions on disputes for any type of fraudulent transactions on your account. And usually its in your favor. oh and they're accepted everywhere!

Lorraine Z New Orleans, LA

Customer service is wonderful. Always say when you need them. They're also very good at making sure others aren't using your cards 😉

Shelley Wray Charlotte, NC

I’ve carried & used Visa cards for decades & have always been well pleased with their services…occasionally have had a fairly long wait time to speak to a representative, Otherwise they have been great!

Sweetstuff69 Las Vegas, NV

They are Great !! I had some unauthorized charges on my Visa card and they promptly addressed the situation and my monies were refunded in a very timely matter !! I am very pleased with the service that they provided .

Sheryl S. Toronto, ON

I love my RBC Visa Infinite Avion card. I have not encountered anyplace it isn't accepted. The rewards points program is easy to use and understand. I appreciate that there are 2 ways to redeem the points for travel as that makes it super flexible, with no blackouts or exceptions.

Jazz Rock Fusion & Synthesizer Music Wake Forest, NC

Been using Visa cards for decades. They always are there when you need them. In my opinion, the best credit card business available.

Lisa Anne Littleton, CO

Fair interest rates, but not always the most reachable customer service. They are structured and do give kickbacks (miles, rewards) which is always nice.

Pacific Austin San Francisco, CA

I don’t know what more to say about Visa other than it is is nearly universal and extremely convenient. I have heard that their fees can be high, though, so I hope that in the future they can work with small businesses.

Paul Cassell Martinsville, VA

Very nice and professional experience with Visa,great,I have had credit and debit through Visa for years now with no issues.aAnd I will continue to use them.Great customer service,fast and friendly business hands down.

Quen Wilson Provo, UT

I've been with Visa for the past few years and they have never let me down. Their customer service were well prepared to assist me when I was worried I had lost my card and later I was able to up my credit limit with a simple 5 minute phone call.

Richard Cunningham Sandys Parish, SA

I've used Visa for years and they provide a good service both online and through the phone call centre. I would recommend them as they are accepted everywhere and the rate is pretty similar to other credit cards. A few more perks would be good though - airport lounge access would be a nice addition!!

SMJohnson_Indy Indianapolis, IN

Over the past 40 years, I've held Visa accounts through several banks and credit unions. Overall, use of Visa accounts and interactions with customer service and support have been favorable. I continue to hold & use several Visa credit and debit cards.

Ashlyn Elwood Roswell, GA

I love Visa. I use my Visas for travel and they are usually accepted anywhere I go. There are also so many benefits and rewards I can get just for making purchases. Customer service takes a little while, but they always help to resolve any issues.

D C Falls Church, VA

Awesome credit card company. Low interest rates and great customer service

Abril Hunter Tallahassee, FL

My Visa debit card is a fantastic way to use my money. I use my Visa card most often. When using my visa I never have issues I sometimes have problems however with the customer service line. I waited on hold for exponential hours in order to hear back from someone about card difficulties. Once I got on the line with someone however the process for sharing my concerns is much easier.

Mike Ika West Valley City, UT

My Visa Credit Card is my emergency card. It’s so widely accepted that I haven’t run into an instance where a store wouldn’t take it. Now I dont care for the yearly fees, and the rewards program isn’t as beneficial as the rewards programs from some of my other cards. But the fact that everyone takes Visa makes me keep it even though I dont use it as much as my other cards.

Sally Tetreault Largo, FL

Love using my Visa card when I can get rewards for purchases I would have made anyways

Giovana Pinckney Charlotte, NC

Visa has helpful customer service, treats clients well and are consistent. I ahvent had any issues with the site or my account.

s B Portland, OR

Very Useful to have a credit card. Visa is accessible and I have only good experiences with customer service. I can take mine abroad too.

LaVoya Searcy Siloam Springs, AR

I like that Visa is still right on top just like Mastercard. But Visa seems a little lighter on my mind when I think of it. I've usually always chose Visa logo.

Gabriela Gordila Chisinau, CU

Simple to use and a total life-saver. Do your best to check all your spendings weekly, as you may be charged monthly for online services you never enrolled in firstly.

Arliss Lee Vancouver, WA

I like Visa because they're always courteous the only thing I don't like is it's really hard to get fraud protection on purchases you know you didn't purchase

Mason Allen Pleasant Grove, UT

I love Visa. My credit card is always protected and works smoothly. The only thing I don't like is how their rates are so high for stores that some cannot afford to let us use Visas at their stores and I think that is dumb.

Kory Staheli

Visa has always been good to work with. Their customer service has been great and we haven't had any problems. We also like that we can earn travel rewards by using our Visa credit cards.

Shon Scoville Lehi, UT

I have a visa credit card and a visa debit card. The thing I like most about VISA is that it is accepted anywhere. I never need to ask, it is just accepted. I can't say that about other credit card companies.

Megum Povsha Bozeman, MT

Easy to use website, fantastic online services, quick and fast online and in branch banking. They also have a 24 hour help line. Safe and secure online banking. Very safe and secure bank to be with.

April Henry Adrian, GA

Visa is easy to attain whether you start out with a prepaid debit card or apply for an actually credit card, Visa makes it easy to apply and attain a card. I'm a long time happy customer!

Brent Thurgood Spanish Fork, UT

We try not to use Credit Cards but we have tried several over the years for one perk or another. We always find ourselves going back to our Visa just because of it's acceptance.

Leonard Leo Potomac, MD

Visa used to be synonymous with international acceptance, but nowadays Master Card is also accepted everywhere. Visa had an online wallet feature, but did not gain popularity. I still rather have a Visa as my main card, since it's usually widely accepted.

Irinna Danielson Riverton, UT

One of the best things about Visa is the card is taken just about anywhere. it's convenient and I never have to worry with a Visa in my wallet. Also, the interest rates have always been good and it's a no hassle card that I use every time I charge something.

Martha Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

We have used Visa as our main card that we use from our bank. We have been very happy with the service. The company is very good to answer questions and help with problems. They notify us immediately if there is any thing suspicious about purchases.

Tom Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

I like the quality of service Visa offers. When I have traveled out of the country they always check on the legitimacy of my foreign expenses to be certain they are legitimate. They aways seem to "have my back". Additionally, their fees seem very reasonable.

Cristiana Orem, UT

Visa is the credit card that my family and I use most. I don't have nothing to complain and I really like the customer service. Always when they see something specious they contact us to check and once I need to cancel is is fast and easy. I never had issues with the billing process.

Shawn American Fork, UT

Visa is my favorite credit card everybody except them and is familiar with them. Even on a worldwide basis they are used and excepted everywhere. Easy to read statements they protect our account and let us know when suspicious activity occurs.

Lindsay Fritts San Diego, CA

My first credit card was a Visa and I have been pretty happy with it. Visa is great because everybody takes it, I never have an issue. I don't get the best rewards but thats just the type of card I got. Still was a great card to start with.

ally blackhurst Pleasant Grove, UT

I love my Visa debit card! I can run it as debit or credit, and I can use it just about everywhere. This summer I went to Thailand and while most places wouldn’t accept my American Express card, they all took my Visa. I am very happy with my Visa card.

Lori South Gate, CA

They are great never really had any problems. Customer service is good.

Tamie Johnson Markham, IL

I like that it’s accepted everywhere and it’s very easy to dispute charges also they will inform you of unusual charges.

James Richards Las Vegas, NV

I've used visa card for a few years. It was my first credit card and it really helped me to build my credit back on track.

Victoria Hahn MN

Most of my debit/credit cards are Visa! They are able to be used everywhere and there aren’t many fees that go along with having Visa!

Christina Kaysville, UT

We have had credit cards through Visa and have not had any problems. They have good customer service. Visa is accepted most places which makes it easy to use their card

Mario Martin Houston, TX

I have been a satisfied customer for years. Because I've come to relie on the trustworthiness of the company I couldn't see myself switching to another.

LBurr96 West Jordan, UT

Visa had made my life easier. I wonder how much this service really costs. I like the convenience, but I worry that the service drives up my baseline costs.

Shauna Lyons Omaha, NE

I like the fact that I have a application that is easy to get to check balances. I think they need to raise limit as they have not since i had the card