Best Company Guarantee Visa Logo

Visa

7.7

LAST UPDATED: September 29th, 2022

Visa is a global payments technology company that provides digital currency services in over 200 countries and territories.

Visa credit cards are not issued by the company itself. Instead, Visa is a payment processing network, and cards are issued by partner financial institutions. Other examples of payment processing networks include Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.

Many credit card issuers that you may be familiar with, or perhaps even your personal banking institution, may offer Visa credit cards.

According to the company’s corporate website, there are more than 2.5 billion Visa credit cards in use worldwide.

Continue reading for a full review of this company and Visa reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Visa Offers and Perks
  • Visa Card Protections
  • Worldwide Card Acceptance
  • Travel Support
  • Helpful Business Tools
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Mobile Payments
  • Positive Customer Reviews

Visa Offers and Perks

While specific rewards will vary by card issuer, Visa offers a wide variety of offers and deals that can help you save money and earn rewards on shopping, sports, entertainment, and more.

In many cases, Visa has specific retailer partnerships that offer cardholders special deals and savings. Some of these retailers include GlassesUSA.com, BarkBox, Reebok, H&M, Hertz, as well as over 900 luxury hotels.

Visa Card Protections

Visa offers specific benefits and protections, but these will vary by card issuer and so it is important to check with your card issuer to learn more about the Visa card benefits and features that are available to you.

Protections offered by Visa include the following:

• Zero liability — If your card is lost, stolen, or fraudulently used, you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized transactions.
  • Cardholder inquiry services — Available on all Visa cards, this service provides card users with 24/7 customer phone support.
  • Emergency card replacement — If you need a replacement card, Visa will work with your card issuer to get you a new card within 24 to 72 hours.
  • Roadside dispatch — A pay-per-use roadside assistance program, available 24/7.
  • Lost or stolen card reporting — If your card is lost or stolen you can call Visa Global Customer Care Services to quickly resolve the issue.
  • Emergency cash disbursement — In case of emergency, Visa can arrange a wire cash transfer within 2 hours of approval from your card issuer.

Worldwide Card Acceptance

One of the benefits of using a Visa card is that it is accepted nearly everywhere. This is a point highlighted in many 5-star Visa customer reviews.

Travel Support

While traveling you can be confident that your Visa card will be accepted at most locations, but the company also offers a variety of travel support tools and resources:

• Lost or stolen card assistance — If your card is lost or stolen, Visa will work with you to quickly replace it.
  • Currency exchange calculator — Quickly estimate your exchange rate in another currency with the currency exchange calculator.
  • Global ATM locator — Find a global ATM, wherever you are.
  • Visa prepaid cards — Use a prepaid Visa card instead of cash.
  • Travel and emergency assistance services — Available to all Visa Signature and Visa TravelMoney cardholders; find referrals for medical, legal, and/or transportation services.

In addition to these services, Visa outlines helpful tips that can protect you while traveling, allowing you to enjoy a stress-free trip.

Helpful Business Tools

Visa offers a variety of tools for small businesses, providing the groundwork for easy money movement for merchants through the Visa network.

24/7 Customer Service

Customers can reach a customer service representative by phone 24/7 if any questions arise or if they need assistance with a credit card issue. A live chat option is available as well on the corporate website.

Customers can also contact Visa by email and receive a response within 24 to 48 hours. The company also has an FAQ section that answers many questions customers frequently ask.

Mobile Payments

Customers are able to make payments and purchases directly from a payment-enabled smartphone, tablet, or wearable device. With retail merchants that offer the Contactless symbol at the cash register, users can simply swipe their phone to complete the transaction instead of having to pull out their credit card.

Online purchases are also protected through Visa Checkout. Most transactions are securely protected against the possibility of hackers accessing sensitive financial information. In the unlikely event it does happen, zero liability protection helps provide coverage for any fraudulent unauthorized purchases.

Positive Customer Reviews

The majority of Visa reviews are 5-star, with customer frequently highlighting the following:

• Travel protection services
  • Generous rewards, particularly for travel, including air miles and hotels
  • Reliable fraud-alert system and quick response time to fraudulent claims
  • Conveniently wide card acceptance and purchase protection

While complaints are limited, some customers do mention high interest rates.

The Bad

Rates, Fees, and Other Features May Vary

Because Visa is a payment processing network and not a card issuer, rates, terms, fees, and other card features may vary by financial institutions offering Visa cards. Therefore, it is important to touch base with your card issuer on rate and term specifics because Visa can’t guarantee any of these factors.

The Bottom Line

Visa is a well-known global payments technology provider that offers a wide range of credit card offers to consumers of all credit types. The company is highly reputable in the industry with billions of transactions taking place annually around the world.

Specific rates, terms, fees, and rewards will vary by credit card issuer, but Visa does offer specific services, such as its travel support and card protection services, that are consistent across all Visa cards. For specific information on factors such as rewards, you should contact your card issuer.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Joshua Richmond Lexington, KY

I have only had one Visa card and it was OK. Nothing really stood out as great; like no rewards or loyalty programs, and hardly anything with cash back. But at least the rates are on the low end and most places accept Visa around me.

Paul Howard Arlington, WA

I have had fraud issues with them before, however, they are quick to notify me when my card has been used for a legitimate expense. Could be better honestly. They will cancel my card when I don't need them to. It can be a massive inconvenience when making purchases.

Ron Durfey Orem, UT

VISA credit care option has been great for me. The service they have provided to me has been very valuable. They have called me when purchases were made in cities that I traveled to as they felt the purchase was suspicious. This bothered me initially but as I thought about it I felt like they were genuinely concerned about my account.

Dominick Pilli Woodbridge, VA

They are too restrictive on who they give credit to. I have 10 Mastercards, and like 2 Visas. all are always paid on time, so what is Visas problem, and slow to increase credit!

Jeff B Orem, UT

I would consider Visa a middle of the pack Credit Card. Nothing horrible to say but also nothing that has blown me away. One bad experience I had was when I went on vacation and notified Visa but my card was still turned off due to a fraud alert. This caused quite the hassle because of the time I had to spend on the phone to correct the issue. An example of a great experience was when I had a charge on my card oversees and they immediately flagged it and contacted me. My card had been compromised and they immediately reissued the card which I received in 2 days.

Contessa Bassett Indiana, PA

I can use prepaid visa cards and load my own $. Not really building credit this way but Visa is accepted everywhere.

Robert Page Houston, TX

I've never had a place where I could use my Visa any issues with my account being access by unauthorized users was handled professionally by really like this card

Mark Park City, UT

What can I say, it's a necessary evil in today's day and age to have a credit card to build credit. I will say that they were good to work with when our credit card number was stolen, as we were able to get the false charges removed.

Carlene Dastrup Sandy, UT

I like that I can use visa to my advantage. I pay off my credit card every month so I do not pay interest and I still get rewards with the cash back program.

Jada Urquhart Tallahassee, FL

My family has used visa credit cards for years. The only con is that they have an annual fee on their credit cards, even though we have been a long time customer.

Chase H Provo, UT

Not too much to say here. All of my cards have been Visa cards, and they are accepted anywhere that takes card. Reliable!

Michelle Mapes Kalkaska, MI

Fee are high to use a atmout of network.

Christina Cronk Altmar, NY

Can use visa just about anywhere... N not bad credit rating

Alison Roush Monmouth Junction, NJ

I use a VISA card and the chip stopped working after about 6 months.

TRACE CULP

Neither negative, nor positive. Needs to eliminate yearly fee and increase point bonus.

Jamaal Taylor Ypsilanti, MI

Great I just don't like calling costumer service representative it's hard to understand what they are saying

Bella Mee Mobile, AL

The interest rates were a bit high and unreasonable.

Nathan Batiste Lafayette, LA

sometimes no atm will not take the card but only some atms

WiRay American Fork, UT

visa is a decent credit card company with decent rates.

Eric Johnson Athol, ID

At times they are very hard to get to talk to a live human being.

Gaye Jones Blackfoot, ID

Would like to have choice of airline points to use. Really like visa overall though

Nathan D. Warrendale, PA

VISA has a wide range of credit cards to choose from, they also have great debit card options.