- Wide Range of Card Options and Rewards
- Customer Support
Wide Range of Card Options and Rewards
U.S. Bank provides its customers with 36 credit card options to choose from, including its FlexPerks series; cards for Fred Meyers, Gymboree, REI, and Harley Davidson members; and options for AeroMexico members. In addition, many of U.S. Bank's cards come with rewards programs, including the following:
- FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature Card: Offers 20,000 enrollment FlexPoints after you spend $2,000 in net purchases on your card within four months of account opening
- Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card: Allows you to earn free Award Nights at more than 1,000 hotels across the globe, including Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inns and Suites By Carlson
- 1-2-3 REWARDS Visa Card: Allows you to earn free groceries with every eligible net purchase at Kroger, King Soopers, City Market, Dillons, Baker's, Smith's, Fry's, and QFC
- U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express Card: Offers a bonus of and 1.5 percent cash back on virtually everything
U.S. Bank offers the following security features to its cardholders:
- Zero Fraud Liability: Protects you from being liable for unauthorized transactions on your U.S. Bank credit card and replaces lost or stolen cards within 48 hours
- Fraud Protection: Monitors your account for fraud and notifies you if any unusual activity is detected
- Card Bill Pay: Saves time and money by eliminating the need to write checks, buy stamps, or worry about mail delays by using your U.S. Bank credit card to pay bills
- Account Alerts: Sends convenient alerts via text message or email to help you keep up with your account activity and prevent fraud
U.S. Bank offers toll-free phone support for each of its cards. There is also a separate toll-free number that is available 24/7 specifically for emergency situations, such as when a card is lost or stolen.
- Undisclosed APRs
- Late Payment Fee
- High Annual Fees on Some Cards
- No Free Credit Score Tracking
Unfortunately, U.S. Bank has not disclosed APRs on its corporate website. This is an important factor for many consumers, so the company's lack of transparency can be frustrating.
Late Payment Fee
For every late payment, U.S. Bank charges a fee up to $37, which is relatively standard within the industry. However, there are some other credit card companies that offer a slightly lower late payment fee.
High Annual Fees on Some Cards
While many of U.S. Bank's credit cards have no annual fee, a few of its cards do charge one. For instance, the AeroMexico Visa Signature Card has no annual fee for the first 12 months, but costs $80 per year thereafter. Several other companies in the industry do not charge annual fees at all or offer lower fees than those charged by U.S. Bank.
No Free Credit Score Tracking
Some credit card companies offer free credit score tracking to help customers stay on top of their credit. However, U.S. Bank does not offer this service.
The Bottom Line
U.S. Bank offers a wide range of card options and rewards programs, security features, and customer support. However, the company has not disclosed APRs on its website and charges late payment fees and annual fees for select cards. Additionally, U.S. Bank does not provide its cardholders with free credit score tracking.