Chase

Chase

Chase, which merged with JPMorgan & Co to become JPMorgan Chase & Co in 2000, is one of the "big four" banks in the United States. The company offers a number of financial services, including credit cards and banking.

The Good

• APRs
  • Rewards
  • Fraud Safeguards

APRs

Chase offers some cards with an introductory rate of 0 percent for the first 15 months. After that, rates rise to 15.74 to 24.49 percent*, which is very competitive among rates offered by other top credit card companies.

Rewards

Chase offers several rewards programs that allow cardholders to earn cash back rewards, bonuses, and travel points.

Fraud Safeguards

Chase works to help its customers reduce losses by catching fraudulent activity before it causes serious damage by offering monitoring and verification services.

The Bad

• Annual Fee
  • Late Payment Penalty
  • Foreign Transaction Fee
  • No Free Credit Score Tracking

Annual Fee

Depending on the card, Chase charges annual fees up to $95, which is higher than industry average.

Late Payment Penalty

Late payments will incur fees of $15 to $37 dollars.

Foreign Transaction Fee

Chase charges a fee of 3 percent for foreign transactions, which can be deterring for frequent travelers.

No Free Credit Score Tracking

Some companies in the industry allow their cardholders to monitor their credit scores for free. However, Chase does not offer this service.

The Bottom Line

Chase offers competitive APRs, several rewards programs, and a number of fraud safeguards. However, the company charges a few different fees, including annual fees, late payment fees, and foreign transaction fees. Further, Chase does not offer free credit score tracking.

4 Chase Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

June 13th, 2017 Sandy, UT

Great customer service. I don't like paying the yearly membership fee as some of our other banks will waive it after an appropriate amount of time and good payment history.

June 11th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I have been happy with this card. We do not have any annual fees and received a nice bonus when we signed up.

June 6th, 2017 Herriman, UT

I have been happy with my chase credit card. My only complaint is I have had more problems with fraud with this credit card that any of my other credit cards. They have been easy to work with and have overnighted me a new card every time but it is still a pain. But every single time it has been caught and they have taken action quickly.

June 6th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I’ve used a Chase card for the last couple of years. It is my highest interest rate from the 3 cards I have, but it is gives me some decent amazon reward points. We use Amazon a lot, and so having the rewards points go back to Amazon has been really nice. When I have had issues, it is difficult getting ahold of a person.