Top Shop is a UK-based company. They have four locations in the United States, with a warehouse in New Jersey. Overall, they have 440 shops around the world in 37 countries. Top Shop is part of the Arcadia Group, an organization that owns several different retail companies. They offer top-line clothing products, in both physical stores and the online paradigm.

Rank Chart
Top Shop Logo
Average
30 days
6.5

The Peter Robinson Company originally opened Top Shop in 1964. Over the years, Top Shop has evolved and changed through various business handlings. The Arcadia Group ownership has brought Top Shop some of the best years, with most of its stores opening in the last decade.

The Good

Over the last 51 years, Top Shop has created a business that excels in providing valuable clothing items to women. Their business success has translated online through the following areas:

• Free shipping and returns
  • Been in business for over 51 years
  • Solid customer service

Hands down, it is easy to like the free shipping and free returns option offered through Top Shop. If you are located inside the continental United States, you can receive this free shipping on standard freight. Delivery will take place between 4-7 business days. If you are looking to ship clothing to Alaska, Hawaii, and other US Territories you are able to do so for free on standard freight as well. However, it will take within 8 days for the package to arrive. There is a faster option for shipping if you need your clothing quickly. For locations inside the United States, Express Shipping is available for $15 and it will be delivered within 2-3 business days. Compared to some other “foreign” clothing providers who had set up shop on the Internet, free shipping was not always included. The free shipping is a great plus, as well as the free returns. Some companies will refund your shipping after you return the item. However, Top Shop provides free return labels online.

Top Shop was founded back in 1964. They have grown significantly over time, now sporting 300 stores in the United Kingdom and shipping to more than 100 countries worldwide. Their online presence has also grown and developed into a valuable shopping experience. These 51 years of experience should instill confidence in customers considering this store.

It also easy to like the friendliness of their customer service team. Top Shop does a better job than a number of UK-based retailers who market online in other countries. They have a decent number of stores that are located in the United States.  They have a distribution center in the United States that services its four American locations. With a US-based distribution center, customers can easily return their items worry-free and get items within a reasonable shipping time frame. Another thing that is a fantastic feature for some shoppers is the exclusive women’s store with a selection of trendy clothes. You will find a few items and brands available when we went to their online store. Even though they only had 237 items available for dresses, these dresses are stylish and of a great quality for many shoppers.

The Bad

Even with the New Jersey location for distribution,  some customers had a hard time getting items shipped on time. It is frustrating when ordering an item and then not seeing it until two weeks after the order was placed, outside of the time quoted through their direct shipping option quoted on the website.

There is another potential customer service concern including returns. It is a challenge to find a return address on their website or a contact address. We had to look at the Arcadia Group to find how to contact Top Shop. This is a problem because many companies list a contact mail address to process complaints, customer questions, and concerns.

Top Shop had problems with getting products to clients on some occasions. This is problematic, since Top Shop is a UK company. When providing customer services overseas, they don’t always have the best track record for on-time deliveries or returns.

This is unfortunate since it doesn’t allow potential customers to gain an insight into how they handle customer service problems. A major factor with their not being rated has to do with their primary headquarters being in the United Kingdom.

Do you want to improve your financial situation by removing high amounts of debt?

Consider the following Debt Solutions:

Debt Consolidation
Debt Settlement
Student Debt
Tax Relief

Research Debt Companies

The Bottom Line

If you are considering an item from Top Shop, be ready for a lengthy shipping time or return time if you are not happy with your product. Even though this company has a distribution center in NJ, they don’t do a good job of getting products shipped or returned on time. If you are returning a product, you have to return it within 14 days.

But, we found that Top Shop is a very reputable company that is based outside of the US. If you are considering “foreign” style trends, we feel like Top Shop is one of the better online clothing retailers to work with.

Clothing Price and Quality

Top Shop offers products and clothing in the upper-end spectrum. We found, when we looked at women’s dresses, prices that topped off at slightly over $600.

Membership

You have to join their website in order to checkout.

Reviews

There are reviews available on their website, however most products have not been reviewed at this time.

Shipping

Free shipping and free returns. This is a great feature with this company.

Selection Size

Top Shop has a smaller selection size in comparison to its retailers. We looked at women’s dresses and found only 237 sizes to choose from. However, these dresses were all trendy.

Sales

There are always items on sale at “top shop.” There is a tab on their menu that links to several different categories of items that are currently on sale, ranging from dresses to shoes.

There are phone and email resources for working with Top Shop, but overall, they do not do a lot in regards to helping customers with their overall shopping experience. Trust Pilot rated Top Shop at 2.5 stars out of 5. The most common problem we found with reviews was the lack of turnaround time with deliveries. Customers could order something and expect it to arrive within a few days, but overall, there were several customers that did not receive their product until a few weeks later.

Retail Storefront

Top Shop has four US locations: Chicago, New York, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles.

Time in Business

Top Shop has been in business since 1964.

Company Contact Information

1 (866) 853-8559

Su 2016, 223-224 The Arcade
Westfield Stratford City
Stratford, Greater London E20 1EQ, United Kingdom

Email Form on Website

Return Policy

Top Shop will refund orders in the USA if they are returned to the New Jersey warehouse within 14 days.

X close
X close

5 TopShop Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

September 30th, 2016 Pineville, NC

i ordered a few items A MONTH AGO!! NEVER received my order and I was told I was going to receive my money back. It’s been 2 weeks !!! and I still don’t have my money either !! I am extremely frustrated!

2. User Score

July 6th, 2016

I recently ordered a jacket from TopShop . ( International order )
    I waited over a month for my order and still didn’t receive it . ( I was told I could not track my order either ) .
    I then asked for a refund . A proof of payment wasn’t asked for from me ( to see how much I was charged in my currency )
    I only received half of my refund .
    the customer service is useless .

I would advise people to not buy from this Company .

3. User Score

June 6th, 2016

I’m pissed I never received my order. I still have’nt got my money back!! Like 15 e-mails further and 2 months later!!! I WILL NEVER EVER BUY SOMETHING FROM THIS SITE AGAIN!!!

4. User Score

September 4th, 2015

I have been waiting for my parcel for over a month and kept on receiving the same standard response form customer service, which was not helping.

the tracking number they gave me is untrackable and I wish I was advised to choose different shipping and they don’t tell you that.

eventually they say my parcel was lost in transit and they will refund. I have been highly inconvenienced and I am in South Africa a third world country but I am used to better and honest service than this

5. User Score

April 17th, 2015 Miami, FL

Top shop has a horrible returns policy. It’s 14 days for the refund to issue according to the website but that’s not true, the customer service says it’s 28 days.
    They also lie about being able to track a package back to them, however their warehouse is in NJ.
    They exhibit great dishonesty and lack of corporate responsibility