Target Logo

H&M Logo
#4 H&M chevron_right
3.7

Hannah Woodlawn, IL

Worst customer service/shopping experience I've ever had. My husband and I (after weeks of searching) found the perfect playhouse online for our daughter's 3rd birthday. The product is not available in stores. We were splitting the purchase with my mother and in order to do multiple forms of payment online the only option was to purchase multiple gift cards and use those as payment. After I was able to get $300 in gift cards, I started getting declinations. I tried other forms of payment (in my name or my husband's), still declined. I called my card carrier and was informed that the purchase was authorized, it was Target declining it. I called Target, Target says it's a technical issue, they cannot disclose anything more. This went on for two days, multiple hours wasted with ridiculous, vague answers from "Customer Service". Finally I get someone today telling me the Order Processing center is declining me from ordering anything online. I ask why. They cannot tell me. A Supervisor gets on the phone - I explain the situation (just wanting to purchase gift cards so I can make a large purchase online as I needed to use more than one form of payment). Said Supervisor puts me on hold again, comes back and says "Sorry, you can only purchase the last gift card in store". I ask why - can't tell me. "Could be a number of reasons". That's it. That's all I get. I am an hour away from a Target. I ask if I drive that far to purchase this last gift card, will my payment be accepted? "I don't know". Apparently Target can approve me and my husband for credit cards (taking our income, SSNs, home address, etc.) online, but will not authorize a $200 gift card transaction after already authorizing $300 worth. Had I actually been given ANY form of an answer I wouldn't be so upset. Just getting "you have to drive an hour to maybe purchase something", "we can't tell you why", "you can't purchase this online" is the most frustrating thing. I refuse to drive an hour to possibly get declined for a purchase. Everyone I spoke to was kind, but what a way to treat customers. We are cancelling our credit cards & will never shop at a Target again.

Erin Bengtzen Salt Lake City, UT

Ordered pajama bottoms for christmas and when i bought them it showed all in stock. Order came one or two at a time, some were backordered until after christmas, and some I never got. Very disappointing.

Gary Mayer South Jordan, UT

Very low end products. Can't decide what kind of store they want to be