Stylebop

Stylebop is noted for it signature shipping box, of which they send out 300,000 each year. Stylebop is based in Germany, but has a customer care program based in New York, with great customer service hours, from 4 am to 1 pm. Stylebop offers a number of trendy, high-priced items, which get overall good reviews from customers according to reviews we found around the Internet.

Another thing that we liked about Stylebop was the number of clients served. Stylebop has over 3,000,000 users on their website, and has one of the largest growth rates that we found, 40 to 50%. Stylebop has straightforward customer service. Even though the shipping seems somewhat high, most customers reported receiving their merchandise on time and in good shape.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 9.3 4.2 Read Review
#2 9.3 3.3 Read Review
#3 8.7 6.1 Read Review
#15 5.2 5.2 Current

The Good

• Easy to use website
  • Great search feature
  • Tiers of items on sale

There were many different things that we liked about Stylebop. One of the nice things about their website is that it's pretty easy to use. One concern we had was with the items loading as we scrolled down the page to see more about their company and vital information at the bottom of the page.

We liked the ease of the search feature for the catalog. We can find clothes by gender, style, and category, as well as see the items that are currently on sale.

We liked that there were always items on sale as we used their search tool. One of the greatest things about this website was that there are different "tiers" of items on sale. The Last Item tier of materials was pretty neat, as it let customers pick great last minute accessories for other items that they had purchased.

We also liked the design of the clothes, both name brands and exclusive Stylebop brands. We found that they had some of the trendiest, most stylistic clothes and accessories in the industry.

The Bad

• Scrolling function issues
  • Shipping and returns
  • Not all items are clearly marked as final sale

Even though the website is sleek, neat, and easy to use, we had some issues with the scrolling function. When we scrolled, we found it was kind of difficult to see the information about the company at the bottom of the screen.

We also had some questions about shipping and returns that we could not find easily on the website. Are items shipped from a distribution center or are they sent from overseas? In a few of the reviews, customers were not quite sure who to go to for customer care concerns regarding shipping and returns.

Another issue we had was with final sale items. Some items are not clearly marked as final sale on the website. If a customer purchases one of these and they want to return them, they may be stuck with the product if they find out that they do not want it.

The Bottom Line

We felt like Stylebop does a good job of reaching out to their customers in North America, which is something that we found out that many European online clothes retailers had a hard time doing. We also liked the ever-changing items on sale and great deals. We liked the relatively low costs of suits. There are many great men's suits. You can purchase them as a whole set, or you can just order a suit coat or pants. These suits are comparable to that of Nordstrom's and other high-end suit retailers.

However, their shipping costs could use some improvement and their selection size was very limited in comparison to other stores. If these aspects were improved, we could see ourselves recommending Stylebop.

9 Stylebop Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

July 27th, 2017

To be first time buyer I'm completely satisfied . Fast service and original product!!!

December 11th, 2016

I ordered from Stylebook and was worried after reading really bad comments on many sites... I must say that my experience was really good! My order was shipped fast and I received it in a week maximum! The item I ordered was everything I was expecting (and knowing the brand I am quiet sure it wasn't a fake as somme people may say on their reviews!!) The packaging was beautiful ans has nothing to envy to other sites like net-a-porter or MATCHESFASHION.COM. I also liked that they have additional methods of payment, like bank transfer, in case you don't want to use your credit card. A really good shopping experience!

1 0

August 1st, 2016 Boston, MA

I've only order from Stylebop once and my experience was incredible. I found a Marc Jacobs bag on this website at such a good price and it was in great shape when I received it. The only downside is that shipping to the U.S was $20 (why I gave it a 8/10). But my bag got to my house in about 3 days so I really have nothing to complain about.

February 17th, 2016

horrible CS, not worth the price, items might be even questionable

February 4th, 2016

Bought products for £800. After 8 days without getting anything except for the first confirmation I decided to contact them. They told that unfortunately they made a refund just because that was my first order and the amount was large. NO EMAILS/NO CALLS. And today is 10 days and still no refund. AVOID.

January 18th, 2016

really terrible customer service, money should be well spent else where with same if not better price with better people than with a bunch of arrogant know-it-all

November 11th, 2015

I've ordered a bag recently. My credit card was charged as usual. Then I got the order confirmation letter asking to send a copy of my passport as I was ordering abroad and that was the custom policies. I sent the copy of the passport, got another confirmation letter saying that everything was ok and that I should get the shipping details shortly. In 2 days time after receiving no shipping info I went to my Stylebop account and to my great surprise found out that my order was cancelled. I addressed the shopping manager I was in contact with the question why my order was cancelled and got an unforgettable answer that this is how they do it. They have super-duper system when several people can order one and only item at one time and the Stylebop would know that it's the only one only when they prepare it for shipping. They also don't think that they should inform their client of such a situation. I'm really disappointed as this bag was for a special event and I never had such a bad shopping experience before although I've been shopping online for more than 10 yrs. Really frustrated with such customer service would never deal with this crappy shop again.

April 30th, 2015 Seattle, WA

Great pricing on a $1k wool coat. Ordered from this unknown German company's website. Place order on Thursday and had the coat in hand on Monday in Seattle. Great experience. Coat was beautiful.

March 27th, 2015 Colorado Springs, CO

My Kenzo dress arrived mostly as promised. Delivery to Colorado was quick and beautifully packaged in a sturdy box. SB has great sale prices (10% off last items). However, it was obvious my dress had been tried-on before: The tags were bent/wrinkled, and the packet that would usually contain extra buttons was empty. Minus 1 point. Other than that, it was in great condition with no material defects. I subtracted another point for the fact that the website does NOT include the following details: A) Origin of manufacture (Italy? China? Slovakia? USA? etc), and B) The size & fit charts are hit & miss - sometimes they are very detailed with specific measurements, while others only showed a generic size chart (it appears to depend on the brand designer). My wish is that a garment bag would've been included, given the price paid even if it was on sale. Overall, I'm pleased with SB - sale prices are great. I did a lot of research comparing my dress to others on other sites to find out exact measurements and MSRP. I would buy from SB again, especially if they have those free shipping sales.