Papaya

Papaya is a DBA subsidiary of Cornerstone Apparel. They market to young women, especially in the area of junior and petite apparel markets. They have helped millions of young women look and feel better through an extensive offering of clothing and outfits. This was one of the few companies in the industry that appealed to younger generations. There are also trendy accessories available at each location that include belts, shoes, jewelry and other things that make young women dress savvy and feel comfortable with their look.

Papaya has a very good reputation of not offering commissioning incentives in its physical stores, meaning better service and help for customers. The company has over 100 retail locations in about fifteen states. Their website is filled with affordable priced brands, largely in the $20-$30 range. There are a large number of dresses that were available for young women, as well as other thrifty items. They also have a pretty easy-to-use customer service interface. Their website lets clients pick clothes based on color, brand, type, and other search features, including size.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 9.3 4.2 Read Review
#2 8.9 6.1 Read Review
#3 8.8 3.3 Read Review
#70 2.3 2.0 Current

The Good

• Great for young women
  • Lots of promotions
  • Free shipping over $50 purchased

Papaya delivers a quality shopping experience for its customers.

One of the things that we really liked about Papaya was the aim of their customer base. There are not enough companies that are driven towards helping young women feel better about their appearance without the high-priced clothes and accessories. Many families that live on a tight budget can purchase clothes for young women that help them feel good about their appearance and personal image. There are also modest bottoms, shirts, and leggings that are available on their website. These outfits are trendy and also don't promise to break the bank for a family that needs to dress their kids.

In an effort to help customers save even more, multiple promotions can be found throughout the site. While these promotions likely change periodically, some of these may include banner images that offer a certain percentage off your order. Free shipping is also available for orders totaling over $50 for customers in the United States. They also include a "Sales" tab on their site, featuring a variety of products that are currently on sale.

Solid shipping (free shipping over  $50, otherwise costs are tiered based off order total) and return policy (30 days to return an item from the original purchase date), it should give potential customers confidence in shopping with them online.

The Bad

• Women clothing items only
  • Average prices only

Papaya doesn't deliver in a few areas for some potential shoppers.

Their ideal customers are women, specifically younger women. This limits the potential shoppers on their website, however it perfectly serves the customer base they are targeting. For men, boys, and some women this site may not be the best online shopping store for their particular needs.

Although prices are competitive (especially when coupled with various promotions), they are not typically low-end bargains. Although not the lowest prices, their clothing items are from a good quality and provide solid value for their cost. Another negative is their lack of being able to return a product from the Internet to a physical store. Often, having to mail back a product can be a frustrating experience for the customer, making an already bad customer service experience potentially even worse.

The Bottom Line

Overall, we do not recommend Papaya as an online clothing store. This is because of their showcasing younger women's clothing as well as having their prices not as low as some other retailers. They do, however, have some good products available for solid prices particularly with promotions designed ultimately for younger women.

5 Papaya Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

July 3rd, 2017

This complaint is regarding the Papaya located inside of the Grapevine Mills Mall in Grapevine, Texas. Upon entering the store, I was never once greeted. I spent a good 45 minutes picking things out, and again, was never asked if I needed help or if I wanted to start a room (I had about 20 pieces draped over my arm!). I then stood in line for about 10 minutes to get into the dressing room. While finishing up in the dressing room, I received a text that our reservations at the restaurant in the mall were ready, so I requested my clothes be held. I was told they would be held until 6pm, however when I went back at 5:30, they had put my clothes back on the racks. So after spending almost an hour of my time shopping there, I left with nothing! The girls behind the counter clearly did not care, and the manager had nothing to say, not even an apology. I took even more of my time to send an email to their corporate office, and again, their customer service is horrible, and after a week, no response. I sent a second email but I don't have high hopes of getting a response. Papaya clearly doesn't care at all about their customers, and for that reason, I will no longer be spending my money there. I have seen similar complaints, and encourage others to stay away as well! I recommend that you fix this, Papaya. We've put up with your cheaply made products that rip and tear after only a few uses, but this is unacceptable! Get it together!

May 31st, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

The store caters more to younger women. It does offer nice clothing and a large variety.

November 17th, 2016

I decided to return an item and get store credit. I lost my the receipt which had my store credit info on it, so I called the store to see What I should do in a case like this and they said there was nothing they could do for me. I then called corporate and they said the same! This company doesn't think about their customers, they don't do returns so you'd think they'd at least keep better track of store credit in their system to where their customers don't have to feel robbed of their money. I did like papaya but after this I will no longer be shopping there and this is just a warning to make sure for whoever shops there to keep track of your store credit or else they'll rob you of your money!

August 28th, 2016

It doesnt ship worldwide but I like the prices

August 7th, 2016 Greensboro, NC

I purchased a shirt,wore it once label said hand wash in cold water...I raise the shirt up to wring it out and the shirt disappeared before my very eyes...First and last purchase from there,EVER...