Old Navy Logo

Old Navy

9.9

LAST UPDATED: November 23rd, 2021

Old Navy was founded in 1994 in San Francisco and is part of the Gap Inc family of companies. The company was started as a way for Gap, Inc to capture a lower budget market. Other companies in the family of brands include Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta, and Hill City. After a few rebrandings, Old Navy is now a one-stop family clothing shop with affordable but stylish apparel, bringing in the most revenue of all the Gap Inc companies with a loyal customer base.

The Good

• Loyal Customer Favorites
  • Convenient Shopping
  • Affordable Prices and Frequent Sales
  • Caters to Diverse Body Types and Shapes

Loyal Customer Favorites

Loyal Old Navy customers rave about the company’s line of workout clothing, as well as its school uniform options for children. Our reviewers claim that the quality and fit of these items rival those of much higher-priced brands. Customers especially appreciate the savings on children’s uniform items, considering that those items must be replaced often as children grow.

Convenient Shopping

Old Navy has more than 1,000 retail locations, as well as an easy-to-navigate website that allows customers to purchase from the other Gap brands at the same time and pay all at once. Old Navy also has a robust app that allows you to shop and choose to ship or pick up items at your local store, as well as store your receipts and your credit card information.

Affordable Prices and Frequent Sales

Our reviewers love Old Navy’s affordable prices. The company caters to customers who love a good deal, and Old Navy delivers. Loyal customers who return often will benefit from the Old Navy Cash program, where customers receive store credit for a purchase at a later date, usually within the next month. Customers who purchase items that go on sale shortly after don’t have to worry about buyer’s remorse. The company offers a one-time price adjustment within 14 days of purchase.

Old Navy offers frequent sales and markdowns and is known for seasonal sales such as Black Friday, including doorbusters. Clearance items are regularly reduced, offering out of season or surplus items from prices starting at .99 cents, and many basic items such as jeans are frequently marked down 50 percent (in the $15–$20 range).

Caters to Diverse Body Types and Shapes

Old Navy offers a wide variety of basics, including styles, colors, and fabrics that complement each other and comprise wardrobe staples. Customers appreciate the brand’s established line of plus size women's clothing. Shoppers can find clothing designed to fit both tall and petite frames. Jeans and pants are available in slim or curvy fit to appeal to customers with a variety of shapes.

The Bad

• Return Policy
  • Complaints About Product Quality

Return Policy

Old Navy offers a 45-day return policy. Some frustrated customers do not feel this is enough time, especially because other stores such as Walmart or Target offer 90-day terms. Also, if you don’t have a receipt or items lack tags, customers only get store credit and at the sale price if the item has been marked down.

Although this policy is problematic to some customers, other clothing retailers like Ross have similar policies, so it isn’t out of line with industry precedents. To mitigate issues with returns, customers can link in store receipts to the mobile app to avoid any reduction in return value.

Complaints About Product Quality

Several one-star and two-star reviews mentioned that customers were disappointed with the quality of some Old Navy products. Customers mentioned issues with fabric pilling and rapid deterioration of the items during initial use and wash. It’s possible that the company’s dedication to a low-price point may mean sacrificing quality of materials. Customers who appreciate the company’s brand can look for higher quality items — at higher-price points — at the Gap and Banana Republic, both of which are part of the brand family.

The Bottom Line

Old Navy is one of the best options for family apparel. The brand offers an impressive selection of products at low prices. There is something for everyone in the family, and many shoppers enjoy purchasing matching or coordinating outfits for multiple family members for special occasions such as Christmas pajamas, holiday outfits, and family pictures. The company has excellent options for school uniforms, workout apparel, jeans, and plus size clothing.

For the best deals, take advantage of the company’s frequent sales and promotions. Customers should also pay attention to the return policy and option for one-time price adjustments. If you are looking to invest in quality pieces that will be in your wardrobe for years, you may want to look at the Old Navy’s higher-end family of brands, including Banana Republic. But if you’re looking for a great price on wardrobe basics, you definitely want to take a look at Old Navy.

melrose1989 Carterville, IL

I absolutely love Old Navy. I buy all of my work pants from there. They always have great deals for someone like me....who has to buy like 4 and 5 pairs of pants at a time for work because of how much I work. Their pants fit great on me too! I always recommend them to my employees when they are where to find khaki pants or shorts for work!

Fernando

Always get my jeans from old navy. Matter of fact when I order I buy 2 of the same pairs. They are good quality and always fit well.

connie gommnzales Stafford, VA

I am a very short woman and Old Navy carries the clothes in my size without having them tailored. Great fit, reasonable price, and quick delivery.

Abigail Land Tallahassee, FL

Old Navy has quality clothes for a great price. They are size inclusive and even have mannequins with realistic body types. Their clothes are stylish without a hefty price.

sunday toler Matthews, NC

They have good reasonable pricing. Good selection of items for all. T-shirts and everything is of good quality. I personally do not care for there brand of jeans. I don’t like how they fit. But everything else is nice. I got a couple of thermal shirts that are awesome and very soft at a very inexpensive price. I would recommend this store.

Cassandra Tetzlaff Bend, OR

The quality of clothing has gotten better than previous years. The sizing for kids clothes feels a little off compared to other brands. The price of certain clothing (pants and sweatshirts) is higher than I would like to pay but the overall quality is average.

Toni Montuori

Old Navy has something for everyone. The selection is broad and the stores are just FUN. I’m short and stocky but have no issues there bc they are on of the few stores that still sell Tall, Medium and Short in jeans. The clearly have always been helpful and polite.

Rafet Afnan Mymensingh, 34

I prefer shopping at Old Navy for their pretty customer service and all the affordable clothes. Last week while visiting my Grandfather I bought a shirt for him from Old Navy. And it was just perfect and he was very happy. I usually bought all my summer clothes from there. They offer me the good products that I can afford peacefully. I loved Old Navy.

Nyla C. Edison, NJ

Old Navy has been my go-to store since I was three-years-old, I am now 20. The deals are more than affordable and they have pretty much everything such as khakis for school clothes, summer dresses for summer parties, and nice blouses for the workplace. Old Navy has always had nice and kept stores, regardless of location. Every time I need to go school shopping or shopping for work clothes, I always visit Old Navy because the prices are great.

ryanady03 Ogden, UT

The clearance section is great. The price is a little high for the quality of normal or new selections but I can always find good deals and clothes I like.

Yael Lynchburg, VA

I love Old Navy! They have apparel for any occasion and for the best prices on the market. Old Navy is my go to for back to school or a quick outfit for going out.

LeAnn Baytown, TX

I love shipping the Old Navy website. They have a great selection of “tall” jeans to choose from. I love finding great deals on items that are not even in the store.

Kamrul Kibria Rangpur City, 55

Old Navy made me happy with their stylish and quality clothing. It’s the place on online where you can get everything, various sizes clothes for your family. Their customer service and delivery are out of question. I just love Old Navy.

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

If you are looking to find a wide range of decently made clothes for a really good price then Old Navy is your place. We have taken our kids there for years to by them school clothes and summer clothes because you can find everything you need for a great price every time. The clothes aren't top notch quality but will definitely last long enough to outgrow them. Old Navy is my go to place

Melanie Wible Cumming, GA

Old Navy clothes fit my family. The physical fit, and the style fit are both winners. We are able to update items seasonally and also have favorites in jeans or workout clothes. The prints and details are great and current. The whole family coordinates are a blessing. And the sales are fabulous! A lot of boxes checked for us! Thanks Old Navy.

Terry Badolato Glen Head, NY

Love the Old Navy website. Easy and quick. The local store, not so much. It's very messy, clothing tossed everywhere, display tables are an exersize in "where's waldo". Associates are not available on the sales floor. They are only found up at the registers. On the rare occasion when you do find an associate in the wilds of the sales floor, they are helpful, kind and willing to help.

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

Old Navy has great quality clothes that are made to last. Every time I shop there, I am welcomed by the friendly staff who are always more than happy to help me with finding items or making returns

Martha Woodward Charlotte, NC

You can get some really great deals, especially on clearance items.

Makayla Holland Gaithersburg, MD

I like old navy there clothes are trendy, and they are cheap. You can shop online or in person. Old Navy always has a sale going on, there costumer service is good, I’ve never had to make a complaint about being in Old Navy and I think it was worth my money

Andrea Wheaton, IL

I love that Old NAvy is inclusive with their sizes, however, I wish they would amp up the quality and selection of offerings. Overall, some of my favorite pieces are from there, but I have found that they follow trends so closely that I can't often find staples there any longer. I will still be a Old Navy shopper, but I haven't found much to buy there lately.

Steve Pitman Largo, FL

I have purchased many t shirts and casual mens shorts from old navy,quality of clothing excellent and always quick to ship

Ajanaee x San Antonio, TX

Old navy has tons of affordable options for my whole family. I enjoy their seasonal collections and monthly discount offers.

adrian avram Tampa, FL

product quality /price is much better than 5 y ago since them they compare with walmart quality and competitive price customer service is nice and helpful

Jodianna Maitland, FL

I lover how great quality their clothes are! I still have a shirt I purchased over 5 years ago that has not faded or changed shape no matter how many times I have washed it!

Crystal Menzie Tallahassee, FL

I love their choices of clothing and masks.

Stella B Larchmont, NY

It is always easy to shop on Old Navy web site. It's easy to see the items and see what sizes are available and they show complementary items as well. The return to store option is very convenient and the store reps are usually very nice normal people.

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

I really like Old Navys website. I like how easy it is to navigate and all of the options available. I like the consistency in their clothing and sizes, that is not always the case. I can usually find something for my whole family. They offer tall options online, which is nice for my husband who is well over 6 ft tall. I also like that it is easy to return anything to the store that we don't want. There are always sales or discounts offered for online purchases as well.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

Oh Old Navy... where do I begin. ON has recently been seriously killing it. Their fall and winter releases are adorable. I shop for myself, my husband, AND my baby there. My favorite cardigan in the world is from ON. Their denim selection is solid and I LOVE that they have petite lengths. Some of my favorite ankle boots are from ON. Their sales are fabulous. If I could pick one store to shop at for the rest of my life, it would be this perfect place. If it were a person, I would marry it.

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

Old Navy has been one of my favorite stores for a number of years. One of my favorite things is the sales that Old Navy has at the end of each clothing season. I have been able to buy up to 9 items for $70. That is amazing! I have purchased many jeans from the website and I have loved them. I have also purchased them for my fiancé and they are a nice-looking jean that fits well. I love the quality of clothing provided and have never had a problem making returns when they were necessary. I would recommend Old Navy to anyone who is looking for clothes on a budget. Go right after the season is finished and the sales will be amazing!

seanth57 Columbus, GA

Kids clothes are affordable, good quality and lasts a long time . I often shop old navy it's a great experience and good customer service overall

R. Florez North Highlands, CA

We love Old Navy! We shop there often. I just wish we could use the super cash sooner and not tiered amounts. They should mirror Kohl's cash, it works way better.

Garret Salt Lake City, UT

I am a tall, skinny guy (6'3", 160) who had a hard time finding t-shirts that were long enough for me without being baggy. Old Navy's medium tall is the perfect fit for me. Items ship fast, returns are super easy.

Caloway Salt Lake City, UT

They have really good clothes but they do not have many options to choose from. My favorites are the shorts and button-up shirts. They are a good price and great quality. Staff are friendly and helpful. Online shopping is really easy and there are really good deals that you can find as well as more options than in-store.

Julia Howe Logan, UT

I love old navy's cloths. They have a great variety of clothing and styles. All the clothing I have got from there are great quality. The one thing that I don't like is, the pants they have usually don't work very well for me because I am 6' 1" so if they got more pants that worked better for taller people that would be nicer. Other than that though I love to shop at old navy.

Eliza Jane Arledge Smithfield, UT

I have always loved Old Navy fir multiple reasons. Their clothing is great quality and is always at an affordable price. Something I really like about Old Navy is how much variety they have. They sell anything from jewelry to underwear. They also have a great online store as well with everything they have in store and more on it. I have enjoyed my experiences with Old Navy and am always excited to go back!

Wendy Smullin Logan, UT

Old Navy is the best website to search for clothes! Their selection is huge with a variety of colors. It is so convenient to order online and have it delivered or pick it up. And if it doesn't work, the return process is so simple. We love that they offer tall sizes for our 6'2" child!!

Stephanie Byrd Tallahassee, FL

Old Navy deserves credit where it is due. The quality of their clothing is long lasting and super affordable. Not to mention, super comfortable! Old Navy is a personal go to spot when shopping for friends and family. The longevity in their quality is undeniable! I love Old Navy !

AF ,

I have purchased many items from Old Navy.com. I like being able to use the promo codes online and think it's actually easier to sift through times to find the right sizes and colors. However, sometimes I don't like how prices change up and down and that you never really know if you got a good deal. That same shirt will be $5 more the next day, but you can use your Old Navy cash.... feels a little too complicated sometimes!

alyssa brown Los Angeles, CA

I find Old Navy a place where I can shop for clothes I like, for the price I like. The clothes always come in different styles, but they come in a variety of sizes so I can leave with something I feel comfortable and confident in.

Missy Charleston, IL

My daughter and I have ordered several times from OldNavy.com. We've also shopped in-store a number of times. We always find cute things and the quality is top-notch, especially for the affordable prices. I love that OldNavy.com offers shipping deals, even if it takes a little longer to arrive.

Karen DeMann ,

I like the T-shirts at Old Navy, just bought a few and my daughter bought a bunch! Love how soft some of them are. Great value! I like the kid clothes at Old Navy, I loved the boys pants, when my boys were young they lasted great.

Yvonne Fink Frederick, MD

Old Navy is a fantastic place to shop for clothing. They have sizes to fit everyone from infants to plus size women like me. Been a full figured woman I can find clothing that looks nice on me and makes me feel Beautiful. And the bargains and prices are unbelievable. I highly recommend that you shop Old Navy.

Ladyjojo

I love Old Navy because you can buy clothes online or in-person they always have sales. What I don't like is that the boy's shirts are too short, it needs to be a little bit longer especially when buying large or XL but otherwise than that it's a great store.

Daniela Garcia Miami, FL

Old Navy’s website is extremely easy to navigate. They’re always sending me emails to let me know when there is a sale or discount opportunity. They’ve even updated their customers on their continuity operation following the Covid-19 outbreak.

Meulenbelt Boston, MA

I really love this brand, the clothes are so clean and the quality is just perfect, I haven't had any issues. I used to buy new clothes when I travel but I tried to use the online store and it's awesome! I save time and the clothes are exactly the ones I pick, well I already know the brand but for those who hesitate about buying online I recommend it, the quality of the product is the same.

Natalia Evans Sanford, NC

Old Navy online shopping can be better than in-store BUT, their shipping of products takes forever; no other delivery options. Returns/Exchanges for the most part are easy BUT, I don't know too many people who still have 24hr. access to a printer. This is the only option when doing an exchange. I live in a very rural area where an Old Navy is 2hrs. away in any direction, and a library just at an hour. The nearest UPS store luckily is 30 mins. off the highway where I can have my needs met. Old Navy has customer service reps who care about taking care of the consumer but are limited because of strict company rules. You would think a billion-dollar company could do better in providing services and living up to expectations, and have the adaptability to keep up with the era in giving the people what they want. What the rumors circulating about Old Navy using sweatshops to produce material, you have to ask yourself, what are they doing to give back? I blame that on the level of management and leadership who have trouble adapting to the era. If it's a choice of driving to or shopping online, I'd rather visit maybe twice a year if I have the time. Can't support a company who doesn't care for their consumers. Amazon is a great competitor to look towards! Their innovation keeps them fresh on all levels.

Damequa C

I love the different variety of clothing and shoes they sell. They have clothing for every size from infants to men. They're products are good quality and reasonable prices, they always have great sales, discounts and promotions. Great customer service. Overall good company

Brenda Stough

This company is great to purchase from they have great prices and very nice clothes to choose from. Very easy to use their website fast checkout and fast delivery. I enjoy shopping with this company. No need to improve they are doing a great job.

Jeffrey A Snider

Loved it! They're clothing line is the best bang for the buck and I absolutely love the tee shirts and cargo pants! Always plenty of product in stock and the deals on clearance and regular products are as good if not better than larger chain stores!

Becky Skabelund Sandy, UT

I have really enjoyed the customer service at Old Navy. I usually shop at their website, with the occasional visit to the store. Returning items is easy. For the stores, the clearance sections almost always look haphazard. The sizes of clothing are all mixed up into sections for different sizes of clothing. It makes me skip the clearance section a lot of times, because finding the right size and item I want can be like a treasure hunt. I like their clothing, but some is overpriced for the quality. I do like their shoes and feel they are decently priced.