Nordstrom Logo

7.6

Nordstrom is one of the most reputable clothing stores in the industry. John W. Nordstrom and Carl F. Wallin founded the company in 1901. Nordstrom started as a shoe retailer and now include in their inventory clothing, accessories, handbags, jewelry, cosmetics, and fragrances. Some Nordstrom stores and the online store have wedding clothing. Nordstrom even offers furniture, home décor, and other items. Over the years they have consistently been placed in the Top 100 Companies to Work For in Fortune magazine. Happy employees typically provide great customer service, and this clothing retail giant is no exception. In 2013, Nordstrom was ranked by WWD as the top fashion seller. We found not only does Nordstrom offer the best products on their shelves and racks. Steve Madden, the owner of Steve Madden Shoes, is on record saying that an invitation to Nordstrom was like an "invitation to the White House." They work hard to consistently bring their customers the best products.

Nike Logo
#2 Nike chevron_right
Target Logo
#3 Target chevron_right

The Good

• Competitive priced clothing
  • Nordstrom has been in business since 1901
  • Fast and inexpensive shipping and returns
Nordstrom has been providing its customers with quality clothing items for 128 years. During this time they have developed many positive aspects for its customers, including:

Competitive Priced Clothing

Although Nordstrom offers quality high-end clothing, their prices are competitively low. Not only are their asking prices competitive, Nordstrom consistently offer valuable promotions found throughout their website to get you even more bang for your buck. There is a wide range of products for men, women, and kids. Some of these product categories include Designer Collections, Shoes, Handbags, Accessories, as well as Men and Women. As far as men's suit coats are concerned, there are over 550 items available. It is a valuable shopping experience to have, shopping through countless high-quality products at low prices.

Nordstrom Has Been in Business Since 1901

Being founded in 1901, Nordstrom has been in business for 128 years. This says a lot about their brand and customer base. Not only do they have a customer service department ready to answer questions over the phone, they are also able to help customers and potential shoppers with their live chat box on their website.

Fast and Inexpensive Shipping and Returns

Nordstrom has set a standard for excellence with both their shipping and return policies. For starters, standard shipping is free. If you are looking for Two-Day or Next Day Shipping, there is a cost of $15 and $25 respectively. On average, they state on their website items will arrive at your address within 3-6 business days after your purchase. This shipping policy is one of the best when compared with other online clothing stores. Not to be outdone, their return policy is done on a case-by-case basis giving users a personal experience. Once you have returned an item, your method of payment will be accredited. You are also able to return products when purchased online in a Nordstrom physical store. Accounts are typically credited within 14 days. There aren't any limits on returns or exchanges.

The Bad

• Alteration charges
  • Rewards program issues
It is difficult to find something bad when shopping with Nordstrom. It seems some customers had a hard time applying their Nordstrom Rewards to their alterations. Even though some customers were assured that their alterations were "free", charges for alterations later appeared on their credit cards. Also, for the Nordstrom Rewards to kick in, customers had to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to be a Level 2, 3, or 4 member. Customers seem to want a better membership program, one outside of their store credit card.

The Bottom Line

Nordstrom is one of the best in the online clothing business. Their competitive low prices for high-quality products, loads of experience, and outstanding shipping and return policies help them achieve this status with their devoted customer base. We wholeheartedly recommend them to any potential customer.

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

I have always had nothing but great experiences shopping at Nordstrom. All of the clothing items I have bought from here have been great quality and very stylish! I always get lots of compliments whenever I wear my Nordstrom finds!

Jaelynn Florence Tallahassee, FL

Nordstrom is a great upscale store with excellent customer service and a variety of products.

Nichole Davidson Sandy, UT

YES! Hands down, the best department store experience out there for anyone willing to pay for higher quality goods. Prices are higher, but their anniversary sale each July is fantastic with just about the entire store on sale. If you're a card member you get early access. Nordstrom is known for their customer service and is even studied by college students in business classes across the nation (look it up!). I've known people who buy shoes at Nordstrom so when they wear them out or get tired of them they can return them for new ones. Nordstrom resells used, returned shoes - ones in decent shape I've seen at Nordstrom Rack (I've only seen a few here) and really used shoes I've seen at Last Chance in Phoenix. Their website and app are both beautiful and easy to navigate - never had a problem. I have a Nordstrom debit card (connects to my debit account, like Target's RedCard) and I get gift certificates each year depending on points earned.

Sally

They are by far the best company I shop from. They have free shipping always and you get 3 samples with most purchases. Their prices are a little steep but quality good. Their customer service I rate a 10 as opposed to HSN a zero. They do not charge late fees if under certain amount and they accomadate to your wishes their inventory is huge. Can't say enough good things about them.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

I love Nordstrom. Not only do they always have unique, fashion-forward products, but they seem to always be willing to go above and beyond for the customer. I bought a bag there about ten months ago that I was really excited about - and at its price point, it was definitely meant to last for years to come. However, after only six months the hardware started to come off, and after ten months I decided there was something wrong with it and I took it back (luckily I had kept the receipt). They refunded my money, no questions asked, even though it had been almost a year. I'm a fan.

Tami Allen Gilbert, AZ

Nordstrom is my absolute favorite place to shop for jeans and clothes for my teenage daughters. They love the fit and the quality, and I love the prices. While Nordstrom does have higher end products, they also have many products that are reasonably priced for the quality. They also have savings programs through my Nordstrom card, where I get money back to spend on purchases made. I also love to shop at Nordstrom Rack, where prices are even lower. It's my favorite place to look for designer clothes, bags, perfume, and shoes at half the price. With three teenage daughters, we spend a lot of time and money at Nordstrom! I love the way the stores are set up, and the simplicity of the displays. The products are always top quality and we never have a problem if we need to make an exchange or return. The customer service is the best, and the associates are always kind and helpful.

Emily Tallahassee, FL

I always find things I want to buy when I come in, things are pricey but it is to be expected from a luxury department store. When looking for evening gowns I often find exactly what I need at a decent price. Really good junior section that keeps up with changing trends.

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

Nordstrom online is such a great shopping website. Nordstrom has such a great selection to chose from. Their products hold up great and it is my go to for shoes. I like that anything I order I am able to return to a store or ship back with no problems. Their customer service agents are always so willing to help me find different sizes. I like that I can shop by color as well on the website. It makes it really easy when trying to coordinate family picture outifts.

Tiffany American Fork, UT

Nordstrom is the best department store there is. They have amazing customer service and will make sure you are satisfied. They have an amazing return policy. They have a great selection of quality merchandise. Their stores are organized and well laid out.

Benjamin LeBlanc Norcross, GA

Nordstrom is a great clothing website and retail store for mid to high end clothing options. Their websites and stores are usually well organized and have many options for both men and women customers. They also offer a wide variety of colognes and perfumes which allows Nordstrom to be a one stop shop for those selective clothing and fragrance needs.

Summer Porter Managua, MN

When I think of Nordstrom, I think of the phrase 'buy quality, keep quality.' Nordstrom's products truly have lasted me years and that ranges from clothing to skincare products to homeware etc. Nordstrom's employees are incredible - they are knowledgable in the products they sell and always willing to answer thoroughly and in detail any question or concern. Their return policy is fantastic as well.

Rommie Bishop III Rexburg, ID

When I wore a white shirt and tie for two years as a missionary, and the white shirts that I chose were from Nordstrom. I bought 10 shirts, and wore a white shirt each day, for two years. That's each shirt, worn roughly 73 times each, walking the streets of Texas and New Mexico (sometimes the dusty or rainy streets). And I'm still wearing some of them today. VERY good quality shirts.

A Craw Draper, UT

I will ALWAYS be a Norstrom customer. I was raised to shop at Nordstrom. I love the customer service. I love that someone always answers the phone when I call and I love knowing that what I buy there will be of excellent quality. I also love that if I need to return something I can. I feel like Nordstrom cares and is reasonable. I'm willing to pay extra for that. THANK YOU. You are really making a difference in retail. You are the gold standard.

Brayden Ibert Houston, TX

Nordstrom was one of the most comfortable clothing stores I have ever bought from. Although I was satisfied by the closing, the price was a little on the high side. Other than that, great store. I still wear the jacket I bought last year.

Molly Keogh Ogden, UT

The service and quality of the clothing at Nordstroms is excellent. If they don't have something in stock they are quick to figure out a way to get it for you and their clothing seems to last and last,

Casey

Good variety of merchandise with a wide range of prices. Free and fast shipping with online orders. Their huge website can take a while to dig through but I can usually find what I'm looking for.

melakiy Stone Mountain, GA

Nordstrom is one of the best place to shop/ They have fantastic in store and online services. I am always pleased by their service. I wish every store was like them. They are amazing! I Love Nordstrom !!!!

Sandra Dubas Salt Lake City, UT

I LOVE Nordstrom!! Their clothing styles are so cute and always on trend. Their shoes section is the best! I always find what I need. Also, I get my husbands gift from there all the time. Their customer service is always wonderful. However, their prices are high.

Jenna LeStarge

I buy most of my clothing at Nordstrom. Their free shipping and returns makes online shipping a breeze, and their customer service is topnotch. I wish they carried more specialty sizes in store (specifically petites) but I understand that they try to appeal to a broader audience in brick and mortar.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

I found a beautiful dress for a gala at Nordstrom and ever since then has been my go-to store for fancy dresses. I love their selection, and the majority of the time the employees are willing to help you find any discounts or deals possible.

Myken American Fork, UT

Nordstrom is high end clothing and shoes. Although I pay more for thing’s when Shopping there , I know the quality is great and the return policy is awesome if I ever have issues with the items I purchase. I love the makeup and perfume selection as well.

JamieD Saratoga Springs, UT

I recently had a wedding and really struggled finding dresses in the right color. I found what I needed online, called the store to confirm the color was right and then had them sent to the store for same day pickup. Seamless connection between the two and excellent service!

Sandi Burkinshaw South Jordan, UT

Best thing about shopping at Nordstrom? Free shipping and free returns. I can order things that I "think" I'll like and send them back if I don't want them. More often than not I end up loving the things I order. Amazing quality of clothing and many fun options.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Nordstrom is simply a high end online shopping experience. They carry the best brands, popular styles and many online shipping options. The pics are easy help in shopping online as well. Great customer service if you have any issues online.

take7 Sandy, UT

Returns is the best! No receipt and been a while before I got to do my return but they were so nice about returning it and crediting me. Hassle free for sure! The quality of items is outstanding. I love everything about nordstrom. I love to be in store and online free ship too. Can find good sales too on things I enjoy but are a bit spendy

Mandi Smith American Fork, UT

Nordstrom is classy and affordable. I love shopping at Nordstrom because it always has cute in fashion clothes for an acceptable price. Nordstrom leaves me feeling comfortable and confident. I always get complimented when I wear my clothes from Nordstrom.

Amy Christian West Valley City, UT

My new favorite thing at Nordstrom is buying online and picking it up 2 hours later! So easy to run in, pick it up and head out. No long shopping process. Also, thankful for the return policy when a pair of glasses I bought just didn’t look right! Turned right around and returned them.

Kaydence Bonino Riverton, UT

Nordstrom has the best return policy! They have a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. This guarantee alone keeps me shopping here. It gives me confidence knowing that if I'm unhappy with a product than I can always return it.

Kathryn Robinson Riverton, UT

I feel almost like a princess when I shop at Nordstrom online, but I rarely do it because the prices are just too high for my budget. I often will see something I like online at Nordstrom and then look for other department stores selling a similar item for less. I do love to buy perfume at Nordstrom. I feel like that is one product you can't find for less anywhere else.

Desi Pleasant Grove, UT

I love Nordstrom. Nordstrom has really great quality clothes, and I always go there. There is so many things in there that I want to buy. Yes they are a little expensive, but it's so worth it. The shoes are so cool there! And I bought a cute backpack there too and I can't wait to buy more! The people are really awesome helpers and are so kind!

Aliza Henline Provo, UT

I love how the people in the store will lead you right to the website if they are missing something in the store. I also love the HUGE amounts of brands that they carry. I needed to find a bridesmaids dress and I found like 20 options at nordstrom.com. LOVE IT

Jaime American Fork, UT

I love shopping at Nordstrom. Their customer service is the best there is. The half yearly sales Nordstrom holds are the best time to shop, but I also look there other times because I know I can count on high quality items and excellent customer service.

Haley Baldwin

I love Nordstrom. I don’t shop here a lot cause it can be very pricey. But their website is great. It’s laid out well and you can usually find what you need pretty quickly. Checkout is also easy and the product arrives quickly.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

I love Nordstom's online shopping. It is so convenient and I can use my Nordstrom Card for easy transactions. Their products are delivered to my home is a speedy manner. They seem to always have the bands and sizes I'm looking for! I'm a Nordstrom lover!

Natalia Correa MDTribe Tallahassee, FL

Nordstrom is my go to when I am looking for specific brands at great prices. They have such a large collection and they always make me feels welcomed!

stevey shumway Midvale, UT

I love Nordstrom. I shop there the most out of anywhere. They are my go to store anytime. Although they are on the expensive side- it is always worth it!

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Nordstrom is a great brand and they make it easy to shop online. Tons of variety, tons of on-trend styles. They make ordering fast and safe. Trusted site and trusted brand.

Isabelle Hong Pleasant Grove, UT

Nordstom's clothes are very fashionable and cute. I wear clothes from Nordstrom very often. Their clothes are very high quality. They tend to be a bit expensive.

Katherine Smith Salt Lake City, UT

usually just shop shoes, but there is just so many options and shoes that it's hard to go through the site to actually find anything. But love the company and customer service.

Alicia Holman Gilbert, AZ

I really like the way the store is setup and is kept organized. I like the flow. Love the variety of high end and average priced clothes. The quality has always been there as well. Great return policy.

Suzanna Wootton Springville, UT

I'll be a lifetime customer. Every time I have shopped here, I have been treated so well. The customer service is exquisite and their return policy is one of a kind!

Brooke Salt Lake City, UT

I love Nordstrom’s! I’ve never had better customer service in a department store. They aren’t overbearing and in your face. They give you space, but are there whenever you need assistance.

Tamra Reno, NV

I have been a loyal Nordstrom shopper for over 25 years. They sell quality products and have amazing customer service. They consistently have the latest styles.

Linda Jensen Newberg, OR

I used to love Nordstrom. Over the past several years I have been disappointed in the style of the clothing. The style seems a little to edgy for me. (Must be getting too old). Nordstrom has always provided a great quality product. But again the styles don't seem to be very classic.

Blake Wilcox Salt Lake City, UT

I love getting shoes from Nordstrom, however their clothing is way to expensive. Don't even think about going onto the marble floors because you probably do not even how that much money in your bank account. Once in a while they have good sales.

Sav Flo Salt Lake City, UT

Nordstroms clothing is on the more expensive side. I do like that they have name brand items and that they are constantly updating the clothing line. I am not a huge fan of the employees constantly asking if I need help because I will sometimes have 4 people ask me if I need help in one visit.

Jonny Hancock Draper, UT

I've spent many hours in the women's shoe department at Nordstrom with my wife while she tries on shoes. The benches that they have there are very soft and comfortable to sit on. The merchandise is usually pretty expensive, but my wife seems to like what they have.

Mariana Linares New York, NY

I absolutely love ordering from Nordstrom. They have great quality pieces, and their return policy is great. It is easy to make returns, and you can even make them in store if you do not want to ship the items back.

Elizabeth Klemm Tallahassee, FL

Nordstrom has such a great variety of designers to choose from for clothing, accessories, shoes, and home goods. I love going there and being able to compare different designers and find what's best for me.

Jackson Barousse Thibodaux, LA

Nordstrom seems like their clothing would be expensive for the quality you get but are one of the lowest I've seen. Their clothes ship very fast and I never have a problem when I receive my order.