Net-A-Porter is an online fashion business with a website that is laid out like a classic catalog/magazine. One of the neat things that we found out about Net-A-Porter was that they are based out of London and operate multiple fashion retailing websites under various brand names.

Rank Chart
Net-a-Porter Logo
Average
28 days
5.3

One of the things that we really liked about Net-A-Porter is that they are big into charity. One of their operations is Mothers2Mothers in the form of a partnership. Fashion Icon Victoria Beckham is currently working with them in order to help donate towards AIDS help in Africa. As with other companies, we didn’t find that too many online clothing retailers were engaged in charity. This is an important service that helps corporations with corporate responsibility.

Richemont bought Net-A-Porter in 2010 for a value of $533 million. This was a significant chunk of change and the acquisition helped solidify Net-A-Porter’s grasp on its online branding.

One of the neat things about the Net-A-Porter website is that you can click to buy a product, like fashioning for a photo shoot.

The Good

We liked the wide variety of women’s products that were available on Net-A-Porter’s website. They work primarily with women’s clothing, but have a wide variety of brands and products available. When we looked at the “clothing” section of their website, we found tons and tons (110 pages) of items available, but no number to indicate the unique number of products.

We also liked the number of designers that were featured with Net-A-Porter. We saw Jonathan Saunders and other high-end clothing products from various designers available.

We also liked the price of the items. Some items were in the thousand-dollar range, but we found some nice products that were available for a few hundred dollars. A client could purchase a really nice sweater without having to worry about breaking their bank account.

Another positive feature of Net-A-Porter is that a woman founded this company. We found that, during the review process, most companies were founded by men, and therefore, the business model they used was more aimed at men’s products. That is not the case with Net-A-Porter.

The Bad

We had a hard time with the website catalog. There is an option of a client to enter a review, however, we couldn’t see any of the other reviews. We would like to see what other clients are saying about the product before a purchase is made.

We also had a hard time with the lack of sale items being listed on the website. One of the things we wanted to see was a sales category so we could see what was currently a “hot sale.” This was problematic for us because we could sign up and get emailed sales, but we might miss this if we weren’t a member.

We also had some issues with Net-A-Porter’s reputation. They have a low listing on Glassdoor, meaning that employees there are not necessarily happy, which often translates to poor customer service. We found some reviews that indicated that customers might not be happy with a Net-A-Porter purchase.

Do you want to improve your financial situation by removing high amounts of debt?

Consider the following Debt Solutions:

Debt Consolidation
Debt Settlement
Student Debt
Tax Relief

Research Debt Companies

The Bottom Line

We would recommend going with Net-A-Porter if you are interested in high end clothing with little sales. We liked that the return policy was simple, straightforward, and easily explained on the website. We also liked the customer service that was available with a phone call or email.

Even though this review criticizes the overall design of the website, the website is actually one of the most unique that we found in terms of letting the customer pick out merchandise as if they were at a fashion shoot, pointing and clicking to purchase high-end, designer-driven merchandise. A couple suggestions we have for them is to give consumers more sales and allow consumers to review purchased merch.

Clothing Price and Quality

Net-A-Porter is a very high-end clothing retailer. Most of the clothing is pretty expensive and it has the highest quality brand names on the market.

Membership

You do not need to be a member to use the site, however, you must register to make a purchase.

Reviews

Customers can say what they like or dislike about a product, but there isn’t really a way to see what other customers are saying.

Shipping

Standard shipping in the United States is free.

Selection Size

There are 110 pages of clothing items listed on the website, in addition to jewelry and other accessories.

Sales

We could not see a sale tab on the website, however, there are deals when you register.

The customer service experience at Net-A-Porter is superior. We phoned in for our support experience and were able to find out about the free standard shipping. There is also email support available, but no live chat.

Retail Storefront

Net-A-Porter is only online.

Time in Business

They have been in business since 2005.

Company Contact Information

Phone: (877) 678-9627

100 Fifth Ave, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10011

Email form on website.

Return Policy

You can get a return if you send the merchandise back in its original condition within 26 days after your order is placed.

X close
X close

4 Net-A-Porter Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

September 1st, 2016 Milton, MA

I have been a customer of Net-a-porter for years. Most recently, I ordered the same shirt in two different sizes because I wasn’t sure which one would fit me properly. Once I determined the size that needed to be returned, I called them and got an RMA number. I got the return back to them after the designated 28 days — and to my surprise, they mailed the shirt back to me stating that I had waited too long and the 28 days had passed. I was so surprised at this lack of customer service from a high-end luxury retailer. Not sure I will ever order from them again.

2. User Score

May 21st, 2016 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Worst delivery experience I have ever had. They messed it up and would not only not fix it, they would not let me and UPS fix it. I had to cancel the order out of frustration and they wanted to take 10 days to give me my money back. Luckily I bought it with Paypal who has purchase protection.

They are in China, not the UK like they purport.

Stay away form them.

3. User Score

June 24th, 2015 Ravena, NY

Absoultely the worst online experience i’ve had. Did not meet promises!!! Asked for a refund and still waiting. Looks like i’m off to the Better Business Bureau with these frauds

4. User Score

February 20th, 2015

Bad experience, awful service, I send back an article and after 5 weeks I’m still waiting for refund!
    They lie saying the refund is in progress just to take time.
    I will never buy again from them