Net-A-Porter Logo
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

4.8

LAST UPDATED: September 17th, 2021
Net-A-Porter is an online fashion business with a website that is laid out like a classic catalog/magazine. One of the neat things that we found out about Net-A-Porter was that they are based out of London and operate multiple fashion retailing websites under various brand names. One of the things that we really liked about Net-A-Porter is that they are big into charity. One of their operations is Mothers2Mothers in the form of a partnership. Fashion Icon Victoria Beckham is currently working with them in order to help donate towards AIDS help in Africa. As with other companies, we didn't find that too many online clothing retailers were engaged in charity. This is an important service that helps corporations with corporate responsibility. Richemont bought Net-A-Porter in 2010 for a value of $533 million. This was a significant chunk of change and the acquisition helped solidify Net-A-Porter's grasp on its online branding. One of the neat things about the Net-A-Porter website is that you can click to buy a product, like fashioning for a photo shoot.

Nike Logo
#2 Nike chevron_right
Target Logo
#3 Target chevron_right

The Good

• Wide variety of products
  • Many featured designers
  • Affordable prices
We liked the wide variety of women's products that were available on Net-A-Porter's website. They work primarily with women's clothing, but have a wide variety of brands and products available. When we looked at the "clothing" section of their website, we found tons and tons (110 pages) of items available, but no number to indicate the unique number of products. We also liked the number of designers that were featured with Net-A-Porter. We saw Jonathan Saunders and other high-end clothing products from various designers available. We also liked the price of the items. Some items were in the thousand-dollar range, but we found some nice products that were available for a few hundred dollars. A client could purchase a really nice sweater without having to worry about breaking their bank account. Another positive feature of Net-A-Porter is that a woman founded this company. We found that, during the review process, most companies were founded by men, and therefore, the business model they used was more aimed at men's products. That is not the case with Net-A-Porter.

The Bad

• Website can be difficult
  • No sales category
  • Poor reputation
We had a hard time with the website catalog. There is an option of a client to enter a review, however, we couldn't see any of the other reviews. We would like to see what other clients are saying about the product before a purchase is made. We also had a hard time with the lack of sale items being listed on the website. One of the things we wanted to see was a sales category so we could see what was currently a "hot sale." This was problematic for us because we could sign up and get emailed sales, but we might miss this if we weren't a member. We also had some issues with Net-A-Porter's reputation. They have a low listing on Glassdoor, meaning that employees there are not necessarily happy, which often translates to poor customer service. We found some reviews that indicated that customers might not be happy with a Net-A-Porter purchase.

The Bottom Line

We would recommend going with Net-A-Porter if you are interested in high end clothing with little sales. We liked that the return policy was simple, straightforward, and easily explained on the website. We also liked the customer service that was available with a phone call or email. Even though this review criticizes the overall design of the website, the website is actually one of the most unique that we found in terms of letting the customer pick out merchandise as if they were at a fashion shoot, pointing and clicking to purchase high-end, designer-driven merchandise. A couple suggestions we have for them is to give consumers more sales and allow consumers to review purchased merch.

1.7

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

donna singh Castleford, WKF

Awful. Shopped with them for 10 years. Customer service used to be good but terrible since they sold the business. Unenthusiastic staff who can never resolve your queries. Never call you back when they say they will. Completely fed up and will just shop at matches now.

le Atlanta, GA

WOW ......... looking at all these bad reviews about net a porter has me scared to order from them again. Especially because i just got scammed by this online clothing store called " Tobi "............. which has nothing to do with netaporter, .......... but i'm just super caution about ordering online now . Anyway i have to give net a porter 5 stars . I orderd a $565.00 earcuff that was 50% off , i waited 1 more day to order only for it to be another 10% off .......... i was so thrillled to be saving even more money. My package came in 3 days and was in a super cute packing , i also spoke with customer service on the phone & the girl was soooooo polite helpful & sweet , I've also ordered a pair of $ 100 vetement socks that were about 42% off & was happy with that order too............. so far so good with net a porter , i'll be ordering again

SOFIA

I ordered a suitcase back in August, it arrived on time, but it did not meet my standards, so I created a return. I received an email stating that I will be refunded (the suitcase costs 430 euros). A month and a half later I checked my banking account and I had received nothing, so I went to online to customer care to let them know that I hadn't received my refund - I had returned the suitcase a week after receiving it - and they told me that the suitcase arrived damaged and that they wouldn't pay me back, even though I hadn't even taken the suitcase out of the box. They kept the suitcase and my money for one month and a half, until I contacted them. They sent me again the suitcase and that's that. If I hadn't contacted them they would still have my suitcase and my 430 euros. They even deleted the order from my account. Such thieves, such liars. I contacted also the European Consumer Centre to protect future buyers.

Lauren

Honestly the worst customer service I… Honestly the worst customer service I have ever experienced with any online retailer ever. If I could give zero stars I would. It is completely laughable for what is billed as a luxury brand. I bought a dress for over £220 - it took over 10 days for it to be even dispatched - I emailed them to ask if there was any further update on my order - assuming that it was not being processed as a week had gone by and I hadn't been charged for the item. Still didn't hear back. Unfortunately my order was then delivered while I was on holiday and my office was moving address - unfortunately the original box and paper worked was binned in the move while I was out of office. I contacted them on a number of occasions to ask for assistance - again had my order not be so significantly delayed I would have arranged for it to be handled in my absence - they didn't engage with my emails at all despite chasing on a number of occasions. Eventually the did reply but obviously hadn't read my email so gave incorrect instructions. Eventually someone replied and said a courier would arrive with correct box/label - they did not and stormed off. A second pick up was organised for last week - they didn't even turn up. Still waiting for a solution and a refund. Avoid at all cost. It's an absolute joke. I had recent complaint with John L with a faulty pair of earrings, the problem was dealt with within 5 hours and offered a swift refund. Marked difference. Will NEVER shop with Net-a-porter ever again.

Jackie Massion

I ordered many items from this company. Over $1000 worth in fact. Some items were delivered to an address that was different than mine, a UPS center about an hour drive from my location. Netaporte considered this a delivery and charged me. After many unsuccessful calls with netaporte to coordinate the delivery, Netaporte agreed to reroute the items back to their return center and advised me to place a new order for the same items. I placed a new order as advised and the original package delivered several weeks later. Having received duplicate items I called to start a return. Netaporte refused to refund my money for the duplicate items. This was the case for several orders which I had placed around the same time. Had I known netadporte would have such disgraceful customer service practices, I would not have ordered so many items. I now am stuck with several sets of expensive duplicate items. Do not shop with this company. They are not cooperative and will waste your time, and money.

H Stanley Aldie, VA

I purchased a pair of $1300 boots that arrived visibly, badly damaged. Net-a-porter could have cared less and offered me a $50 Store CREDIT, valid for 1 year, towards my next purchase to address the issue. Terrible customer service.

Nana Asiata Herriman, UT

NetAPorter has a great selection of clothing for business people. My mom used to shop there, and their clothes were always so cute on her.

Farah Nerette Newark, NJ

Ordered an item that was/is available online and was told the item was not available after a week of waiting for my delivery, which by the way was supposed to be delivered in 3 days. They refuse to accommodate with a different item even though the mix up is on their part...the item in question is still available for purchase on the site - so I imagine they are wasting lots of other people's time with this purchase. I will not be buying another thing from them...AWFUL!!!!

Kate

On ordering a potential wedding dress from Net-A-Porter and never having used them before, I trusted their global reputation and was lead by their product guidance that the dress was "Large to size, take the next size down". So I did, and it was too small - it was true to size, so I felt very deceived. They don't refund duties and taxes, so the whole exercise was not only a waste of time, but I am also out of pocket over $300. Won't be shopping here again.

tim berry

Absolutely useless. Paid £8 for next day delivery (yeah you read that right), only for it to turn up three days later. I called them and they blamed DHL, so I called DHL and they gave me the exact time they received it, as they have check in scanners. Net a porter were just plain lying to me. I got a refund for the shipping, but the present was for a birthday and was late. Pretty annoyed, won't be using again.

Hallie Brewer River Forest, IL

When I order something from a premium retailer, I do so with the expectation of outstanding service. I ordered this item from Net-A-Porter, already concerned that I was not being offered the same shipping as Mr. Porter, but leaving at least that it would be expedient within the few days promised. Instead, what I find, is that my order has not even shipped for several days, and will take a full week to arrive. Both disappointing, and completely avoidable. This will ensure that I look elsewhere for future gifts.

Lannhi Tran Milton, MA

I have been a customer of Net-a-porter for years. Most recently, I ordered the same shirt in two different sizes because I wasn't sure which one would fit me properly. Once I determined the size that needed to be returned, I called them and got an RMA number. I got the return back to them after the designated 28 days -- and to my surprise, they mailed the shirt back to me stating that I had waited too long and the 28 days had passed. I was so surprised at this lack of customer service from a high-end luxury retailer. Not sure I will ever order from them again.

Monica Ponce de Leon Fort Lauderdale, FL

Worst delivery experience I have ever had. They messed it up and would not only not fix it, they would not let me and UPS fix it. I had to cancel the order out of frustration and they wanted to take 10 days to give me my money back. Luckily I bought it with Paypal who has purchase protection. They are in China, not the UK like they purport. Stay away form them.

Alyssa skinner Gilbert, AZ

I had been wanting a net-a-porter dress forever and ended up getting one for prom! I loved everything about it! The fit was perfect and so was the design! Wouldn’t have wanted another dress

Olivia Southern Pines, NC

I had positive experiences with NET-A-PORTER the first serval times. But, the first time I tried to return an unworn blouse I had the worst customer service and was not refunded. I will NEVER shop with them again... I wish I would have done more research before shopping with them. The company comes across as high end, but is truly garbage.

Haifa

Ordered a Maria tash earring and it arrived loose and broken, really a part of the stud was missing… by the time the order arrived I’m due to travel so impossible to do a refund, waste of money for an unusable earring, first time I ordered from you and definitely the last big mistake, people stay away believe me!

Rich Di Yonkers, NY

Worst customer service experience they never answer the phone nor respond to emails to resolve an issue

Bill Lent Ravena, NY

Absoultely the worst online experience i've had. Did not meet promises!!! Asked for a refund and still waiting. Looks like i'm off to the Better Business Bureau with these frauds

VAL

Bad experience, awful service, I send back an article and after 5 weeks I'm still waiting for refund! They lie saying the refund is in progress just to take time. I will never buy again from them

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

NetAPorter has a great selection of high end clothing. I’ve never purchased anything myself.

N Sacramento, CA

Shipped me a faulty item and didn’t take any responsibility for it !?