Nasty Gal started as an online eBay store and has grown to one of the largest online retailers of women’s clothing. This company was officially transitioned from eBay in 2009 by the founder, Sophie Amoruso. In 2012, INC magazine called Nasty Gal the largest growing retailer. Their net income was $24 million in 2011 and they have 200 employees as of this last year. In 2012, the company’s three-year growth rate was an astronomical 11,200%.

Rank Chart
Nasty Gal Logo
High
30 days
5.2

A former ASOS vice president also defected to Nasty Gal. Sarah Wilkinson is now Nasty Gal’s vice president of design.

There is a very specific customer targeted with Nasty Gal. Basically, the Nasty Gal customer is in her mid-twenties, and wants to look great and sexy without having to spend an arm and a leg.

The Good

We liked Nasty Gal a lot. We liked the smaller, but hefty number of clothes that this online provider has. We also liked that there were different varieties of accessories that were available. We looked at their “tech” accessories and found a wide variety of phone cases, ear buds, and other affordable, stylistic tech goodies.

We found a wide variety of brands from Nasty Gal, but we also liked the fact that their exclusive “Designed by Us” category had several different products that were just as stylistic as name brands.

Another thing we liked was the number of sale items. We found great price ranges for this upscale clothes retailer. We found hat the Nasty Gal offered products that were affordable, yet comparable to Nordstrom’s and other top retailers in style.

The Bad

We really didn’t like the fact that there was an extensive processing fee on return refunds. The $5.99 fee for credit card and Pay Pal refunds pretty much lets Nasty Gal keep your money. But don’t forget, store credit is free. You just have to buy something else from Nasty Gal.

Another thing that concerned us was the growth of this company. Growth is a good thing, but occasionally, companies can get out of touch with their customers.

Many customers on Trust Pilot complained about terrible customer service when they checked in about an overdue order or had bad service when they went to return an item. Some customers, while liking the products Nasty Gal offers, said the poor customer service would make them never return.

Do you want to improve your financial situation by removing high amounts of debt?

Consider the following Debt Solutions:

Debt Consolidation
Debt Settlement
Student Debt
Tax Relief

Research Debt Companies

The Bottom Line

Nasty Gal is one of the fastest growing retailers in America. Their growth is unprecedented. We had a good customer experience when we called into ask about whether or not they had clothing rentals, and we liked the products on their website. We like the quality of exclusive Nasty Girl products with the brand name products. We found that some customers really liked their exclusive Nasty Girl branded products. This line of products was a little bit cheaper overall, but the quality was still quite god.

Overall, we like Nasty Gal, even though sites like Trust Pilot don’t necessary garner good reviews with this company. We would definitely recommend them only if they fixed up their return policy, added clothing reviews to their site, made free shipping always an option, and customers warranted a better experience.

Clothing Price and Quality

Nasty Gal has lots of different high-end women’s clothing. Their quality is good and they have brand-name clothing, including Jeffrey Campbell shoes.

Membership

We liked the fact that you didn’t need to be a member to us their website. You simply pay online with PayPal or another form of electronic medium

Reviews

Nasty Gal does not give customers the opportunity to do online reviews of each item on the website.

Shipping

There is free shipping on orders over $75. Other than that, here are the shipping rates for other orders:

• Standard Shipping (5-9 business days) – $5.00
  • 2 Day Shipping (2 business days) – $12.00
  • Overnight Shipping (1 business day) – $19.00

Selection Size

We found an extensive line of apparel. In the women’s clothes section, we found 2 pages of items, slightly over 100 items on each page, not as extensive as ASOS, but nice enough of a selection for a high-quality clothing provider

Sales

We found that Nasty Gal always has items on sale. These are available at 30%, 50%, or 60% off. Be careful about which items are marked as “final sale.”

Customers are pretty satisfied with Nasty Gal’s online reputation. Essentially, Nasty Gal went from an e-Bay business to $22.9 million in revenue in 2011. Customer service really drove this growth. Generally, the customers liked the quality of products the best. Also, they have phone, email support, and a live chat box.

Retail Storefront

Nasty Gal is an online business.

Time in Business

Nasty Gal has been in business since 2009.

Company Contact Information

Phone: (502) 215-1425

523 West 6th Street Ste. 330,

Los Angeles, CA 90014

[email protected]

Return Policy

Nasty Gal doesn’t do exchanges at this time. They have a policy regarding thirty days for a return. They do refunds via PayPal. There is a $5.99 processing fee for returns on credit cards and PayPal. However, store credit is free.

X close
X close

3 Nasty Gal Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

September 9th, 2015

I ordered a pair of sneakers, for which I paid 30€ for, plus 15€ for shipping. I was unpleasantly surprised when they got delivered to me, and the delivery guy tells me I have to pay 22€ or he won’t give me the package. I asked if it was for custom fees, and he told me no, ’cause the sneakers had been shipped from Germany, which is part of the European Union, so I wouldn’t have to pay custom fees for them. He told me the 22€ was probably money NastyGal was asking for the shoes themselves. I ended up paying, thinking of complaining later, which I did. The staff replied very quickly, but they only answer with already written drafts, that don’t really answer your questions. They told me the 22€ were for custom fees by the government ’cause the sneakers had been shipped from the USA, but that’s a lie, ’cause it’s written on the stamp that they came from Germany.
    Also, I ordered size 6,5, which is supposed to be a size 37 in Europe, but the sneakers I got are too big, maybe a 38 or 39. NastyGal’s staff wanted me to pay even more shipping costs to have the sneakers returned/changed, and when I said it made no sense ’cause they were the ones sending me sneakers bigger than the size 37 I ordered, so they should be responsible for their mistake, the staff’s answer was that if I didn’t want to pay more shipping fees I should just donate the sneakers!!!!
    So basically I wasted 66€ away. Don’t do the same mistake folks. Avoid NastyGal.

2. User Score

May 29th, 2015 Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been a loyal NastyGal customer for about 4 years now. The customer service has never been great but in the past year it seems that as they grow bigger their customer service is of their least of their concern. It seems to me and from other reviews I have read on here that Nastygal’s quality control is at a low point. I ordered a pair of Jeffrey Campbell beige leather booties. When I opened them in the box it was clear that the shoes had been worn. There was a large stain on the front of the shoe and a number of noticeable scuffs everywhere. It looks to me as if someone had spilled something on the shoe and a girl in shipping decided to clean the stain with a chemical and it looked “good enough” to send to a customer as new. Naturally I contacted their customer service live chat (which is the biggest waste of time – but that is another story) and was re-directed to their email service with no information whatsoever. I received back from Jennifer D “Hello,
    Thank you for getting back to us. I have issued you a return label so you can return the item and be refunded. Please note the label will work for UPS only.
    Please let us know if we can assist you further.
    Jennifer D. “
    Where is the apology for their mistake?
    Where is the offer to what other options I have?
    Offering me store credit?
    Offering me to send a new one in the same size?
    No where.

Now it is up to me to take my time to PRINT the label, PACK the items, DRIVE to ups to ship the item back because of NASTYGAL’S mistake for sending a defective item. Then WAIT for my refund (which took 15+ business days last time, which by reading the previous reviews, I am considered “lucky” to have even gotten it back.)

Additionally, during our conversation through email it sounded like a robot because she would have the same opening welcome line and same ending line. I had to ask questions repeatedly for her to answer since she would not answer them the first and second time.

The clothes are cool and trendy but it seems as if the customer service representatives think that having helpful considerate customer service is not. I guess it’s not “cool” or “trendy” to apologize for a mistake at this company. Bottom line: I do NOT and will not recommend buying from NastyGal. You may not have an issue with them now like I did in the past, but sooner or later you will if you continue to shop there. To me, the items are not worth the stress and dealing with their terrible customer service. Sending the shoes back will mean they will try to rip off some other customer by sending it to them trying to pass it as “new.”

3. User Score

February 11th, 2015

Just yesterday had very bad experience with them. My order of $200 was qualified for free shipping, but when I had to pick up my parcel at post office, I’ve got unpleasant surprise in form of COD $77, which I had to pay to receive the package.
    I did. But I opened claim with Pay Pal. Even if I dont get those money back, I hope PayPal will pay attention to dirty practices of this company.