Lulus Logo

Lulus

8.0

LAST UPDATED: November 15th, 2021

Lulus Fashion Lounge (Lulus for short) started out as a mother/daughter dream back in 1996. Since then, they have grown to become a leading online retailer in women's fashion that offers clothes, shoes, and accessories. Their story started back in the 1990s when jobs were hard to come by. The mother/daughter duo, Colleen Winter and Debra Cannon, wanted to start a café, but found a niche with clothing styles instead. Apparently, the mother/daughter dream is doing well. The business has received investment capital from HIG Growth Partners. This investment firm has a ton of capital and routinely invests $5 to $30 million in businesses. Lulus delivers stylish outfits and good customer service on a consistent basis.

Nike Logo
#2 Nike chevron_right
Target Logo
#3 Target chevron_right

The Good

• Great Product Line
  • High-valued Products at Affordable Prices
  • Free Shipping on Orders Over $50

Lulus provides its customers with an enjoyable shopping experience from the following:

Great Product Line

LuLus, while limited in the number of brands and selections that they carry, are known for offering a high volume of each brand. When looking through the lulus boutique style selections, you will typically only see a few items that are sold out; this is substantially lower than many other online clothing companies. They also have a quality accessories line. You will find makeup, purses, handbags, and scarves. While the selection of makeup was somewhat limited, you can find a lot of stylish options that would fit the clothes available through their clothing options. The jewelry is also classy, pricey, and affordable. They also have a great search tool to peruse their women's clothing products. There are modeled pictures of many pieces of fashion attire to help assist shoppers in making the right purchase.

Lulus dresses are particularly well-known. Customers of the boutique online can even sort dresses by occasion or trend. Users can find prom, cocktail, party, formal, vacation, graduation, wedding, or bridesmaid dresses quickly and easily through Lulus boutique-style site.

High-valued Products at Affordable Prices

The prices throughout the company site are competitive with other women's fashion based on the higher-quality nature of their clothing items. While you will find lower costs for some items, the quality offered through their site allows you as the shopper to get valuable bang for your buck. The investment backup that Lulus has to accompany it is definitely worth mentioning as a positive. HIG Growth, who now backs Lulus financially, is a prestigious growth investment firm that has provided them with welcomed support.

Free Shipping on Orders Over $50

One area customers are able to save in costs is with shipping. If the total amount of your order is over $50, the company offers free shipping (as long as your location is inside the continental United States). This amount would not include any coupons you may have used during your shopping. Orders with ground shipping can take up to 5 days to be processed. Expedited orders are shipped the same or next business day (depending on what time of day you order). Ground shipping has a flat cost of $5.

The Bad

• Women's Clothing Only
  • Not Low-end Clothing Costs
  • Limited Mobile App
  • Return Policy

The negative aspects of shopping with Lulus are:

Women's Clothing Only

Based on our ranking criteria, the more people who are able to shop at a particular store the better option the store is. Lulus only offers clothing for women, making their potential shoppers not be as many as some other large retailers. However, for women (particularly those Lulus is targeting as customers) this is not a negative and instead provides them with an almost exclusive brand they can be a part of. If you don't fall into this category, then the limits on the customer type will be seen as a negative.

Not Low-End Clothing Costs

As was described in the good section, Lulus offers quality clothing items. They do not offer a great deal of low-end, low-cost apparel items. This does not mean their prices are necessarily high, however, it does mean they are not the greatest destination for consistent bargain shopping on low-quality clothing.

Mobile App

As a successful online retailer, you'd expect an accompanying mobile app. Though one exists, it appears to only be available in Chinese. This is obviously problematic for English-speaking users.

Return Policy

Our Lulus reviews contain many customers who are unhappy with the customer service experience when it comes to returns. Lulus will only grant free return shipping if the order is postmarked within 10 days of the delivery date. Unfortunately, that falls on Lulus side to ensure that happens in a timely manner. If their service does not mark it in time, the customer will have to pay the extra fees.

The Bottom Line

Lulus exclusive styles are made its customers in mind. The company buys and designs sophisticated, chic and modern styles.

We recommend Lulus for customers who are looking for trendy clothing options. We felt like Lulus price range was spot on for a trendy "mid-line" clothing provider. The classiest lulus dresses we found on their website were in the $200 range, whereas we also found classy dresses for about $50. This pricing option makes it easy to find a great fitting dress or other apparel at a great price. Lulus reviews have been mixed thus far.

3.9

Nashali Vescovacci Fort White, FL

I love this company because they clothing they sell is so cute! Their customer service is amazing and their prices are fairly reasonable. Their website is also very easy to navigate and their online store is very convenient.

MoMo Fort Wayne, IN

Got a beautiful dress for my wedding. Also, they were very kind when the campfire hit butte county and offered fire victims free clothing that was in new and stylish condition.

Mary Hardy Charlotte, NC

Beautiful clothes, affordable prices, and amazing customer service. I always come here first for new clothes because I feel safe knowing that if I don't like something, they have the best return policy and their service is great. I have never had a bad experience with Lulus.

Bianca Duff Orlando, FL

I have been shopping with LuLus for almost ten years and they have almost single-handedly transformed the way I shop for attire and purchase clothing. When it comes to customer service, they are the gold standard to which I measure all other online retailers against and have never disappointed in their quest to reply to a message, address a small concern, replace a garment, or even answer an oddball question (I once asked if there were any extra straps for a purse that had long been sold out, and they not only looked through their stock to try to accommodate, but also gave me a $5 credit when they were unable to locate any). I have grown to trust the online reviews which are posted to the site, as LuLu’s does not filter, delete, or alter any of them - no matter how abusive they may be; and each disappointed review is answered promptly and politely by staff. They have a generous return policy and free shipping on most orders I make, so I am able to ship items that may have otherwise gone unworn because I know I can easily return it and be reimbursed if it is not quite right. Service aside, their clothing is trendy, ever-revolving, flattering, and almost always great quality (especially for such reasonable prices). Most people who know me and want to know where I bought something I’m wearing have stopped asking - they know it came from Lulu’s. Most of my major life events have coincided with a fabulous purchase through their amazing and high caliber clothing options, including dresses for my rehearsal dinner and bachelorette party, my wedding gown, birthday outfits, interview outfits and so on. I have been happy to refer friends and strangers to the site, and I plan to continue to shop with Lulu’s for many years to come.

Stephanie Delano Spanaway, WA

I always have a great shopping experience with Lulu's. Checking out and payment is so easy. I always make informed purchases by reading the reviews on items that I'm interested in purchasing. The size guide is pretty accurate and I usually recieve the correct fitting clothing . Making returns are super easy, just initiate a return, print out label and send it back for free. Then you get to choose how you want your refund or exchange. The customer service department works so hard a providing satisfaction with each purchase. I've been a loyal Lulu's shopper since 2015 and they never disappoint.

Janey New York, NY

I have been shopping with Lulus for over 3 years now and have always been happy with the customer service provided and with most of the products I’ve ordered. Lulus has the most up-to-date styles with high quality and an affordable price tag. The product descriptions are so useful in knowing whether something fits true to size, whether the color is true to the picture, etc., and the ‘live chat’ option has proven to be very helpful when I have any questions about products that the description doesn’t address. I have purchased some accessories that were lower quality than expected/damaged upon receipt and Lulus customer service/return process made the process of replacing or returning items so easy and convenient. I always always recommend Lulus!

Desiree Redding, CA

I love love love this company!!! The attention care convenience and peace of mind I receive from ordering here is priceless. I refer anyone and everyone I can to LULUS their products are top-quality, the customer service is top notch you can’t beat it, the reviews on this site are beyond helpful! I can purchase an item and know with piece of mind 99 Percent of the time the exact quality condition and size that my products are going to be. In addition LULUS has free shipping, fast delivery, VIP perks rewards ... many of them and often which my bank account thanks you for. You really can’t go wrong with this company even if something doesn’t work out there’s easy prepaid return shipping labels and your money is refunded back to you almost immediately.

Mary Somerville, MA

Everything about Lulus has been a great experience to date! Browsing the website is easy and fast - I appreciate all the possible ways to filter for specific sizes, styles, and even colors and events. Purchasing is quick since I do it through my Amazon account. Delivery is always faster than estimated, and the packaging is secure! I've been very happy with all of the clothes I've bought on here. Also, the Lulus community is super helpful. I've never had to return an item (to date) since all of the reviews were honest, in-depth, and detailed in terms of sizing, color, fabric, etc. From what I've read, the return process is super easy as well.

LizMelissa Fresno, CA

Their shipping is really fast. For other , like Fashionnova I often have to wait 2-5 days for the order to be processed & . Lulu’s process & ships within 1-2days after placing your order. Their clothes are high quality. My only issue is that they’re not petite-friendly. Their models are really tall, So their mini-dresses are often knee-high length for shirt girls like me (5”3). Nothing that can’t be fixed. But definitely requires more $. Anyhow, I will continue to purchase from them. They also have sales often, which makes their clothes more affordable. Customer service is AMAZING. I called because I had ordered a dress in size small because they had run out of XS. Then as soon as my dress was shipped, the XS became available. So I called & they helped me process a return even before I had received my ítem & offered me free shipping for my XS purchase.

Niky Eziakor

I just have to put in a great review for an awesome customer service experience I received from lulus that I have never received before. Just for the record, I always receive great customer service when dealing with Lulus but this one has really set the bar! I ordered a skirt from their online store which was mailed to me however, in receiving the product, I realized the zipper had a defect and couldn't zip all the way down. I called their customer service line and explained it to them. They mentioned I take a picture and send as an email attachment to them but before I got around to doing that, they already emailed me the return label to send the item back. That was the first gold star*!(their sense of urgency). When I finally emailed, I received feedback from an amazing representative that first apologized for the inconvenience, asked me to verify my address to send a new skirt out and gave me a $15 voucher for the inconvenience. 2nd gold star*! Now this was what took it home for me- I was asked how soon I needed the product and I mentioned I wanted to wear it on Saturday if it was still feasible, seeing that it was the end of Wednesday and I still had to process the return on my end to send it back to them. Before I knew it, my package was sitting by my front door when I got back from work the following day(thursday!) Lulus is amazing and I took the time to write this out because their customer service speaks volume about who they are and how much they value their customers. Also, did I mention that I love their clothes????!!!! I will forever be a lulus customer and thanks for the great service. Super excited to rock my skirt this weekend! Shop at lulus.com!

Briannon Carpentersville, IL

I loved the dress I received but there was a small pink stain on it. I’m hoping I can get it out. Not sure if it came from the package or what. Little disappointed because my bachelorette party coming up and I don’t have time to return it. Lulus customer service is amazing! They immediately tried to find a solution to the problem and even tried to expedite me a new dress, but they ran out of my size! Super thoughtful and much appreciated! Thank you for everything! :)

Liz Salt Lake City, UT

Lulus is one of my top choices when shopping for clothing! It's my favorite online retailer by far. I love that they offer free returns shipping, because it allows me more freedom and confidence when ordering online. They often offer free shipping, and I am a Lulus Rewards member which gives me discount codes often. Plus, with the wide variety of products, I can find clothing or accessories or shoes for every event.

Jamie Bowie, MD

Lulus overall has great quality of items from shoes to clothes at a reasonable price! What makes it even better is the customer service is top notch. I've never had any issue with returning anything. Im always satisfied with my purchase and when I am not Lulu's is always there to back their product which is why i will always choose Lulu's over any other e-commerce brand out there. The clothes are always sexy but elegant at the same time. I always get compliments every time an item from Lulu's both shoes and dresses!

Rachael Ann B South Richmond Hill, NY

I’ve been shopping with lulus for 5 years now. I purchase something almost once a week. I enjoy their sales, specials sizing, quality of fabric, and wide varieties of brands they carry. They have everything for every occasion and reasonable prices. They send me discount coupons after every purchase and it goes such a long way. The staff also responds to emails or live chats in a timely manner, so disputed or just simple questions are resolved quickly.

Yessica The Bronx, NY

I have nothing to complain honestly. I feel that everything gets handled so efficiently and professionally and if I had something bad to say, it’ll be how hard it gets sometimes to resist temptation and buy things from your website. Delivery is great, no problems with billing, emails come in at a good timely matter, I do not feel overwhelmed with advertising. Customer service is great, the clothing, shoes and jewelry I’ve bought are of great quality.

Classy lady Milwaukee, WI

Great selections, friendly customer service, great sales but this company caters more to women who are small and well proportioned. When I find things that fit I love the complements so I was happy to know I could talk with a fit expert if unsure about a item before purchasing. I HATE FINAL SALES and that has been what I usually shop. They have been gracious even to let me return some of these items KUDOS !!!! for the Great Customer Service and treating me as a valued customer. I will continue to shop from this company.

Hang T. El Monte, CA

I just love how easy it is to purchase items from this website. The price is fair and the discounts are great. You get what you pay for here and the quality of the items are spectacular. I think besides the quality, the other reason why I keep ordering from here is because of the sizing. The sizing, for me at least, are always consistent. I never have to guess what size I am and I appreciate that. The return process is easy and you get the items rather quickly. No complaints here, but I hope for more future warehouse sales.

Patrice Irvine, CA

Amazing online shopping experience. First of all the quality of the items are that of a specialty dress shop for incredible prices. The ability to shop with the knowledge that if it doesn’t fit or isn’t what you expected that you can return it free of cost within a week or so makes buying from Lulus a no brainer. Not to mention how helpful and friendly customer service is if you ever need help. I’m a customer for life!

KC Canyon Country, CA

The products are of amazing quality, shipping is fast and easy (as well as returns), and the diversity and variety of each item (as well as offering them in multiple colors) is incredible. I love how the website gives not only the model measurements, but also lists actual consumers' reviews/pictures/measurements for a more accurate description and so I know what size what work best for me. Truly love EVERYTHING about this company and the price is just right.

Kara Vatthauer Tucson, AZ

Lulu’s on-line process for shopping is very easy. They have options for putting items in a bag for later purchase, which is handy for gift giving or out of season budgeted purchases. Speaking of budgets, Lulus has great sales if you can wait for your item to go on sale. I have only bought a few dresses and a jumpsuit so far;I forgot I bought a pair of sneakers that are too big but I love the style so I wear them anyway. The dresses were all true to the reviews, so use the reviews. Lulus buyers post good and bad ones, read them but decide if the purchase is worth it for you. I have bought things that had a bad review and thought differently. Overall, I have loved Lulus and my experiences with them!!

Calleigh Overland Park, KS

Lulus has so many deals it is easy to find what you want for the price you want. One of my favorite features is the reviews from people on each item that states their measurements and what size they got. I use this every time and it has helped me order correct every time. I order a lot and do a lot of returns and they are super easy and you get emails on the status of your return

Jessielove77 Studio City, CA

Lulus carries a variety of fashion brands and is always on target with trends. The reason I choose them over other online retailers is because their website is user friendly, allows for real shoppers to post photos of them modeling outfits, free shipping (often) and returns. Also, the bag you receive your items in, can be used to send back returns. No need to print a bunch of return papers and search for a bag. Super easy, incredible price point, and awesome customer service.

Victoria Creed Weatherford, OK

I have had nothing but amazing experiences with Lulus! The quality of the clothes is amazing, and so is the fit! I’m 5’11” and very rarely am I able to find a jumpsuit or dress that is long enough, let alone with heels! If I’ve ever had a complication with my product Customer Service has always been so very kind and patient to help me get it straightened out.

Lana Johnson Sacramento, CA

I like how Lulus has a huge variety of dresses that often look more expensive than they are. They do a good job of always having new stuff, too. When they have a sale, I usually can get 3 or 4 dresses (or sometimes I'll get some tops) for around $30 to $70 each range. I've only needed customer service a couple of times, but both times they were super nice about returns and issuing a credit for a hassle.

Lulus Logo

Reply from Lulus

Hi Lana, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I'm so happy to hear that you've been pleased with your experiences shopping with Lulus. We really appreciate your feedback, as it helps our Lulus community! Have a great day! XOXO

Apr. 23rd, 2019

Angela P

I absolutely love the cute clothes that they have. They have clothes for all occasions and price ranges. They have the latest styles and it's easy for me to order online from them. I know what size to get and it always fits, whether it's a shirt, dress, or shoes. They have fantastic customer service and in the few instances where I have wanted to return an item, that process is super easy. I love everything about lulus.com!

Michele Tipton Land O' Lakes, FL

I order all the time from this site. The clothes have always been great quality and when items have not fit I never had any worries with a return. The bad thing is I am always shopping on this site, but I love it. I have searched other boutiques to shop but would read the reviews first and found that there are not many great online stores and I haven't found any that are as good as lulu's . I honestly love this site. I am a customer not someone paid to post reviews. You will not be disappointed ordering from lulu's.

Su Medina, OH

5 Stars, no doubt. This is an excellent company. I was very hesitant to order from the them, but I did. I ordered a dress. It was very nice material. Great quality. My daughter didn’t like it on herself, so we sent it back within the 10 days that they specifically say on their website . We also dropped the product off at UPS. Lulus have continuously sent me email about my shipping and label and when they received the package. Now, I’m just waiting for the credit on my charge. I would definitely order from them again. Great experience!!!!

Ben Benterman

I Purchased this from UK a stunning ball gown fro my Granddaughter high school prom the item was excellent value and fitted to a tee there was a slight problem that need addressing with customer service which was resolved promptly and efficiently ! There has been a lot of bad press here in the UK on horrible cheap badly fitting ball gowns ordered over the Internet mainly from China but Lulus.com is the real deal would recommend to anyone

Lisa

I recently ordered a dress from Lulu's to wear to a new years party! It was a cobalt blue sequin dress. I followed the measurements on the website and they were perfect. I received the dress and the measurements were just as they were on the website. I had to order a medium because I needed the length, but it turned out the waist was a bit big, but I did know this when ordering it. I had to get it taken in a bit but again I could not have ordered anything smaller or the dress would have been to short. It ended up fitting perfectly, the dress was excellent quality. I wore it to the party and had multiple compliments on the dress! Can't wait to wear more of their clothing! Only thing I would change is if they could make the dress longer and the middle a litter smaller for taller ladies like me :)

Sandra Robbins Miami, FL

I am always so skeptical of ordering things online but I didn’t want to spend double at a store for a small wedding and I just want to say WOW HIGH QUALITY!! & thanks for the bag to store it. I am truly amazed!!

Dana Burseth Newark, NJ

I have purchased many items from Lulus and I can’t even begin to explain how happy I am! Quality clothes, and QUICK SHIPPING! Customer service is great and they are willing to help in anyway! Forever customer!

Victoria Fayetteville, AR

This is my FAVORITE place to shop for clothes! Not only do they have the cutest clothes, but the prices are significantly better than other online boutiques. I always get people gifts from here because they have styles that match anyone and ship super fast!

Holly Marie Greenville, NC

I placed an order from Lulus and input the email wrong on my order. With help from Wendy L in the live chat function on their website, she was able to confirm and update my order with the correct information and resend all of the emails that were previously sent! Great customer service in my opinion.

Marir Palacios, TX

I browsed Lulus website before and considered buying something but this was my first time purchasing anything. I bought two dresses on sale, a pair of heels, and a piece of jewelry. All in one order. I loved all of my items. However, I paid for three day shipping and only got my shoes and jewelry on time. The dresses were shipped separately and arrived late. The products themselves were great a buy but the shipping was disappointing as I needed a dress for the weekend and didn’t get them til Monday.

Melinda

I love the quality of the dresses I have bought. I am also pleased with the price of the dresses and shoes I have purchased. I appreciate the easy rerun if necessary. I have recommended Lulus to my cousin and she has made a purchase recently. I love Lulus

J. Dawson Los Angeles, CA

A dress was delivered damaged two days before my grandfather's celebration of life service. I was really strapped for time, but Lulus was able to deliver the dress next day without a problem. One less thing I had to worry about as I laid my grandfather to rest. Thank you Lulus!

Elise Farmington, MI

I've said it before...I LOVE shopping on Lulus.com. The customer service is phenomenal and the customer reviews are extremely helpful since they include the customer's sizes (height, weight, bra size). I recommend Lulu's all the time.

Alejandra Evans White Hall, MD

Lulus always go above and beyond. They’re styles, fabrics, and over all quality of clothing is stunning. I love love love Lulus! I’ve been a customer for over four years, and will be one for life. Advertising and sales are frequently and great, shipping is always on time, and cancellations are easy.

Karly Wilson Tuscaloosa, AL

I am always able to find amazing clothes for any occasion - casual, formal, work, etc - when I look on Lulu's; it has become one of the first places I go to shop when I need something new. Prices are generally very good but they often run sales that make them even better. Have never had any major problems; billing and returns are always easy.

Shelby Cleveland, OH

I love shopping at Lulus! It is so many different options and styles for good prices! Delivery is always fast and your quality control is great! The few times I have needed customer service, you guys have gone above and beyond!

Caroline Christiana, TN

I love this store for so many reasons! They have a variety of styles, so many different levels of sales, they list their models measurements and the size they’re wearing so you can best figure out your own size, and if that doesn’t work, free return shipping! The best experience and the best customer service!

Cat Westlake Village, CA

Love lulus anytime I need an outfit for an event I go immediately to their website. Every order is shipped quickly I’ve been ordering here for years only had an issue once (it was a manufacturing issue) and Lulus promptly sent a replacement.

Muriel The Bronx, NY

I’ve been ordering from LULUS quite a bit recently when I learned about them on ENews! I love the clothing shoes bays single earrings everything! That’s my new Favorite go to store! Am going on vacation and purchased a few pieces. I also bought my dress shoes and sunglasses from Lulus to attend my daughters High School Graduation!

Caroline Ngo Pittsfield, MA

I love the Lulus' dresses but I wish there was a larger variety of two piece sets with long pants for short people. I'm 5'0" and I love the 2 piece jumpsuit sets but I can't buy them because they're WAYYY too long, and I'm too lazy to go out and get them hemmed. Their xs sizes are still a bit too big sometimes but they work well enough.

Claudia Jersey City, NJ

Each time I order from Lulus, the packages come on time and in great condition. I return a lot as well (personally to save money) and have never had an issue. Sometimes getting a refund confirmation takes a bit longer but customer service usually helps and reassures me they received the return package.

Fuschia Brooks, ME

Incredible Company!!! I cannot day enough great things... From their return/exchange policy, the ability to see pictures and reviews of others on items to their Incredible customer service!!! I’d buy from LuLus over any company any day 💜

Jillian Pittsburgh, PA

Lulus is my go-to online shopping website. They have such cute items and every time that I have ordered from them, the delivery is prompt, any help needed has been given, and the quality of the items is awesome. I always recommend Lulus to friends that are looking for something for a special occasion.

Silvia C. Roosevelt, AZ

I have had a great experience with Lulus. They are always are extremely helpful. Have excellent customer service. It has became my favorite place to shop. I know I’m never going to be disappointed. I recommend lulus to all of my friends.

CAB Houston, TX

I buy from Lulu’s often. I love their clothes, shoes, under garments! I recently left off my promo code and customer service fixed it, no hassle whatsoever. And if great clothes and customer service isn’t enough, how about their FREE SHIPPING DAYS!

Lindsey Kelly

I have placed numerous orders with Lulus.com and I usually enjoy the clothing and shoes. The only reason I am giving them a 4 star rating is because the sizing is super inconsistent. I have multiple items and I never get the size right. Sometimes I’m an Xs and other times I’m a M. So it can be frustrating having to place multiple orders to get the right item.