Lulus Fashion Lounge (Lulus for short) started out as a mother/daughter dream back in 1996. Since then, they have grown to become a leading online retailer in women's fashion that offers clothes, shoes, and accessories. Their story started back in the 1990s when jobs were hard to come by. The mother/daughter duo, Colleen Winter and Debra Cannon, wanted to start a café, but found a niche with clothing styles instead. Apparently, the mother/daughter dream is doing well. The business has received investment capital from HIG Growth Partners. This investment firm has a ton of capital and routinely invests $5 to $30 million in businesses. Lulus delivers stylish outfits and good customer service on a consistent basis.

The Good

• Great Product Line
  • High-valued Products at Affordable Prices
  • Free Shipping on Orders Over $50

Lulus provides its customers with an enjoyable shopping experience from the following:

Great Product Line

LuLus, while limited in the number of brands and selections that they carry, are known for offering a high volume of each brand. When looking through the lulus boutique style selections, you will typically only see a few items that are sold out; this is substantially lower than many other online clothing companies. They also have a quality accessories line. You will find makeup, purses, handbags, and scarves. While the selection of makeup was somewhat limited, you can find a lot of stylish options that would fit the clothes available through their clothing options. The jewelry is also classy, pricey, and affordable. They also have a great search tool to peruse their women's clothing products. There are modeled pictures of many pieces of fashion attire to help assist shoppers in making the right purchase.

Lulus dresses are particularly well-known. Customers of the boutique online can even sort dresses by occasion or trend. Users can find prom, cocktail, party, formal, vacation, graduation, wedding, or bridesmaid dresses quickly and easily through Lulus boutique-style site.

High-valued Products at Affordable Prices

The prices throughout the company site are competitive with other women's fashion based on the higher-quality nature of their clothing items. While you will find lower costs for some items, the quality offered through their site allows you as the shopper to get valuable bang for your buck. The investment backup that Lulus has to accompany it is definitely worth mentioning as a positive. HIG Growth, who now backs Lulus financially, is a prestigious growth investment firm that has provided them with welcomed support.

Free Shipping on Orders Over $50

One area customers are able to save in costs is with shipping. If the total amount of your order is over $50, the company offers free shipping (as long as your location is inside the continental United States). This amount would not include any coupons you may have used during your shopping. Orders with ground shipping can take up to 5 days to be processed. Expedited orders are shipped the same or next business day (depending on what time of day you order). Ground shipping has a flat cost of $5.

The Bad

• Women's Clothing Only
  • Not Low-end Clothing Costs
  • Limited Mobile App
  • Return Policy

The negative aspects of shopping with Lulus are:

Women's Clothing Only

Based on our ranking criteria, the more people who are able to shop at a particular store the better option the store is. Lulus only offers clothing for women, making their potential shoppers not be as many as some other large retailers. However, for women (particularly those Lulus is targeting as customers) this is not a negative and instead provides them with an almost exclusive brand they can be a part of. If you don't fall into this category, then the limits on the customer type will be seen as a negative.

Not Low-End Clothing Costs

As was described in the good section, Lulus offers quality clothing items. They do not offer a great deal of low-end, low-cost apparel items. This does not mean their prices are necessarily high, however, it does mean they are not the greatest destination for consistent bargain shopping on low-quality clothing.

Mobile App

As a successful online retailer, you'd expect an accompanying mobile app. Though one exists, it appears to only be available in Chinese. This is obviously problematic for English-speaking users.

Return Policy

Our Lulus reviews contain many customers who are unhappy with the customer service experience when it comes to returns. Lulus will only grant free return shipping if the order is postmarked within 10 days of the delivery date. Unfortunately, that falls on Lulus side to ensure that happens in a timely manner. If their service does not mark it in time, the customer will have to pay the extra fees.

The Bottom Line

Lulus exclusive styles are made its customers in mind. The company buys and designs sophisticated, chic and modern styles.

We recommend Lulus for customers who are looking for trendy clothing options. We felt like Lulus price range was spot on for a trendy "mid-line" clothing provider. The classiest lulus dresses we found on their website were in the $200 range, whereas we also found classy dresses for about $50. This pricing option makes it easy to find a great fitting dress or other apparel at a great price. Lulus reviews have been mixed thus far.

3.7

alexis lockwood
June 18th, 2019 West Islip, NY DETAILS

I love everything I get from lulus! Great products and great return policy for sizing!

wendi adonis
June 18th, 2019 Moreno Valley, CA

Always a great experience , easy check out and easy to return your items if needed.

Lori
June 18th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

Love the clothes, love the new designs, love everything.

Caroline Ngo
June 18th, 2019 Pittsfield, MA DETAILS

I love the Lulus' dresses but I wish there was a larger variety of two piece sets with long pants for short people. I'm 5'0" and I love the 2 piece jumpsuit sets but I can't buy them because they're WAYYY too long, and I'm too lazy to go out and get them hemmed. Their xs sizes are still a bit too big sometimes but they work well enough.

Kate Sandy
June 18th, 2019 Waukee, IA DETAILS

Big fan! Easy to order, easy to return if needed. Packages always arrive earlier than anticipated. Great quality and variety of clothing. :)

Christina Timoldi
June 18th, 2019 Bedminster, NJ DETAILS

I can always find something I "need" here. But honestly every event in my life it's my go to shop for every outfit! Very affordable as well. My fiance is obsessed as well! :-D

Calleigh
June 18th, 2019 Overland Park, KS DETAILS

Lulus has so many deals it is easy to find what you want for the price you want. One of my favorite features is the reviews from people on each item that states their measurements and what size they got. I use this every time and it has helped me order correct every time. I order a lot and do a lot of returns and they are super easy and you get emails on the status of your return

Kirsty
June 18th, 2019 West Newbury, MA DETAILS

Love it! CLothes are great and staff is friendly and helpful anytime i have chatted or called.

Elizabeth Bryant
June 18th, 2019 Layton, UT DETAILS

Love Lulus, always great selection and variety! Majority of the time sizing is on point! But if ever an issue returns are easy and stress free.

Melissa
June 18th, 2019 Pico Rivera, CA DETAILS

Great quality clothes. Formal dresses are of great quality and affordable prices. Very easy returns!

erin
June 18th, 2019 Pottstown, PA DETAILS

Always reliable. Can always count on a cute affordable outfit.

Chanelle Batiste
June 18th, 2019 New Orleans, LA DETAILS

I always receive great customer service.

Mary
June 18th, 2019 Somerville, MA DETAILS

Everything about Lulus has been a great experience to date! Browsing the website is easy and fast - I appreciate all the possible ways to filter for specific sizes, styles, and even colors and events. Purchasing is quick since I do it through my Amazon account. Delivery is always faster than estimated, and the packaging is secure! I've been very happy with all of the clothes I've bought on here. Also, the Lulus community is super helpful. I've never had to return an item (to date) since all of the reviews were honest, in-depth, and detailed in terms of sizing, color, fabric, etc. From what I've read, the return process is super easy as well.

Brianna
June 18th, 2019 South Plainfield, NJ DETAILS

I love this website and all the clothes on it. It’s my go to website if i need a dress.

Coco P
June 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Love Lulus! I have had very few issues and those have been resolved quickly.

Jessielove77
June 18th, 2019 Studio City, CA DETAILS

Lulus carries a variety of fashion brands and is always on target with trends. The reason I choose them over other online retailers is because their website is user friendly, allows for real shoppers to post photos of them modeling outfits, free shipping (often) and returns. Also, the bag you receive your items in, can be used to send back returns. No need to print a bunch of return papers and search for a bag. Super easy, incredible price point, and awesome customer service.

Taylor Rogers
June 18th, 2019 Dumont, NJ DETAILS

I Love Lulus! Style is so important. My only complaint is depending on the product I am buying, I can be inbetween a small and a medium size. Small may be too small but a medium will be too big. So a lot of the times I end up returning half my order because even though I follow the size chart, the product just wont fit my body either way

Shannon
June 18th, 2019 Staten Island, NY DETAILS

The products run small but are usually good quality so the sizing took getting used too. Aside from that the only real issue I ever have are the shipping and shipping return times. And with how long it takes to get any type of actual refund - it is frustrating that the shipping costs are deducted at all. It has been a definite deterrent at times. With places like Asos with two day shipping foe a yearly $15 fee and Venus with such fast and good service regarding returns and exchanges it’s frustrating. With online companies it’s usually common practice to offer better shipping options

Jun 18, 2019

Hi Shannon, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! At Lulus, we're always looking for ways to provide the best possible online shopping experience. We will be sure to share your feedback with our other departments for further review. If you ever need assistance with your order's shipping, or with a return, please don't hesitate to contact our customer service team. We're in the office daily and would be happy to help! Have a great day! XOXO

Elizabeth
June 18th, 2019 Richmond, VA DETAILS

Great customer service. I like the chat function the best.

krysti
June 18th, 2019 Beecher, IL DETAILS

This company is amazing! Great quality of dresses, shoes, and clothing. Very good at returning if unsatisfied. Customer service is all over any questions you may have! 5 stars for overall everything

Liz
June 18th, 2019 Jeannette, PA DETAILS

I love Lulus! They have a fast, simple checkout and returning is super easy too! Their clothing is so cute and I love receiving coupons and emails that make shopping that much better!

Tabetha Smith
June 18th, 2019 Victorville, CA DETAILS

I love everything about Lulus website. Great clothing, shoes, and accessories. I recommend this website to friends and family

Maggie
June 18th, 2019 Austin, TX

I haven’t received my order. The package was delayed and lost in the mail. Very upset with the unprofessionalism.

Jun 28, 2019

Hi Maggie, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We apologize for any difficulty with the shipping of your order. Once a package has left our warehouse, we entrust the shipping carrier with its delivery so we definitely want to do our due diligence to see what happened in this case. We value all of our customers, and we're eager to improve your experience however we can! We sent you a private message on June 18th requesting information that will allow us to locate your order, but we haven't heard back from you just yet. If you could respond at your convenience with your order number and/or email address so that we can locate your purchase, we would love to get in touch with you. Have a wonderful day! XOXO

LizMelissa
June 18th, 2019 Fresno, CA DETAILS

Their shipping is really fast. For other , like Fashionnova I often have to wait 2-5 days for the order to be processed & . Lulu’s process & ships within 1-2days after placing your order. Their clothes are high quality. My only issue is that they’re not petite-friendly. Their models are really tall, So their mini-dresses are often knee-high length for shirt girls like me (5”3). Nothing that can’t be fixed. But definitely requires more $. Anyhow, I will continue to purchase from them. They also have sales often, which makes their clothes more affordable. Customer service is AMAZING. I called because I had ordered a dress in size small because they had run out of XS. Then as soon as my dress was shipped, the XS became available. So I called & they helped me process a return even before I had received my ítem & offered me free shipping for my XS purchase.

Maryanne Vasilakopoulos
June 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Have recently come back to Lulu and could not be happier. Selection is great and delivery is quicker than I remember.

Claudia
June 18th, 2019 Jersey City, NJ DETAILS

Each time I order from Lulus, the packages come on time and in great condition. I return a lot as well (personally to save money) and have never had an issue. Sometimes getting a refund confirmation takes a bit longer but customer service usually helps and reassures me they received the return package.

LR
June 18th, 2019 DETAILS

I love it! Best way to shop with the most amazing and trendy options! Customer service is prompt and very helpful. I am always receiving promos, which I love! Great company!

Kim Latona
June 18th, 2019 Odessa, TX DETAILS

Thank you Lulus for always making my shopping experience easy and quick. Your web sight allows you to find exactly what you’re looking for in just a few clicks. I am never disappointed.

Fuschia
June 18th, 2019 Brooks, ME DETAILS

Incredible Company!!! I cannot day enough great things... From their return/exchange policy, the ability to see pictures and reviews of others on items to their Incredible customer service!!! I’d buy from LuLus over any company any day 💜

Stephanie
June 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Shipping is quick and if you have a return it’s easy and I had no issues! I love shopping at Lulus because the clothes is great quality.

Sally Diaz
June 18th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

It was great, they truly care about you!

Jillian
June 18th, 2019 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS

Lulus is my go-to online shopping website. They have such cute items and every time that I have ordered from them, the delivery is prompt, any help needed has been given, and the quality of the items is awesome. I always recommend Lulus to friends that are looking for something for a special occasion.

Jessie
June 18th, 2019 Nicholson, PA DETAILS

I love shopping online with Lulus! Tons of cute styles for reasonable prices. Their emails are great too because they always keep me up to date on codes or when things come back in stock.

Silvia C.
June 18th, 2019 Roosevelt, AZ DETAILS

I have had a great experience with Lulus. They are always are extremely helpful. Have excellent customer service. It has became my favorite place to shop. I know I’m never going to be disappointed. I recommend lulus to all of my friends.

Victoria Creed
June 18th, 2019 Weatherford, OK DETAILS

I have had nothing but amazing experiences with Lulus! The quality of the clothes is amazing, and so is the fit! I’m 5’11” and very rarely am I able to find a jumpsuit or dress that is long enough, let alone with heels! If I’ve ever had a complication with my product Customer Service has always been so very kind and patient to help me get it straightened out.

Donna G
June 18th, 2019 Laguna Beach, CA

I like ordering from Lulus, great customer service and easy site to navigate.

Chantel
June 18th, 2019 Irving, TX DETAILS

The clothing at Lulus are always cute and are priced at an affordable price point. The quality is always great and when something doesn't fit, return are always easy and quick. I will continue to shop at Lulus.

Danielle
June 18th, 2019 West Chester, OH DETAILS

I love Lulus! They have the best outfits for every occasion. They are always true to size and very flattering. Shipping is always super fast, which I love!

Lynette
June 18th, 2019 Stuart, FL DETAILS

I order from Lulus often. Fast shipment, easy returns, and quality clothes for a reasonable price.

Naj
June 18th, 2019 Rocklin, CA DETAILS

Good quality for the price, quick shipping

Erin Carlson
June 18th, 2019 Oceanside, CA DETAILS

Wrong size sent. Item is now out of stock in the correct size.

Jun 28, 2019

Hello Erin, Thank you for sharing your review with us! We're so sorry to hear that you received an incorrect item. At Lulus, we pride ourselves on quality and service so we would like to find a resolution for this. We reached out to you privately through BestCompany's messaging system on June 18th asking for more information so that we can locate your order, but we haven't received a response. If you could please provide us with your order number and/or email address, we will gladly contact you and provide assistance! Hope we hear from you soon! XOXO

Hapapower
June 17th, 2019 Burbank, CA DETAILS

Lots of cute pieces. What I DON'T like is how you encourage people to write reviews, then you don't post them. Why should I waste my time in writing a review, especially when I take pics of me in an item, if you're only going to ignore them? That's just rude.

Jun 18, 2019

Hi Hapapower, Thank you for taking the time to share your review! We apologize for any confusion regarding our product reviews. At Lulus, we listen carefully to all customer feedback. For this reason, we moderate all of our product reviews manually rather than using an automated system. It can take some time for reviews to be published, but we try to get them posted to the website as quickly as possible! If you would like to privately message us your order number and/or email address, we would be happy to check on the status of your reviews and expedite their publication. We hope to hear from you soon! XOXO

Juliana
June 17th, 2019 Port Orange, FL

The products, quality and designs are amazing. I do love to buy here, however customer service tends to be very careless when you call them to inquire or follow up any order. You can tell the just want to hung up on you. This is the only reason why I don’t rate 5 stars.

Jun 28, 2019

Hello Juliana! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're sorry to that your experience with our customer service team wasn't up to our standards. We want to look into this further and provide you with assistance! We reached out to you by private message on June 18th in hopes of getting your order number and/or email address, but we haven't received your reply. If you could provide us with that information to locate your purchase, we would be happy to get in touch and find a resolution! Looking forward to speaking with you! XOXO

Newfuneze
June 14th, 2019 DETAILS

I did not have a good experience with lulus. Immediately after placing an order I realized it was in USD which means a much higher price in Canada where I reside. I wrote to cancel my order. No. Wasn’t possible I was told. Only a few minutes had passed. The order arrived. But only 2 of the three items. The XL blouse would fit a ten year old and poor quality. The customer service was the worst I ever experienced. The refund policy requested you to return the items with a tracking number. The price of sending the items back to China with a tracking number cost more than what the items cost. I will never buy from this seller again. I should have known better. Read reviews before placing orders.

Jun 07, 2019

Hi Newfuneze, Thank you for your review! We're so sorry to hear of your experience with this order, and we would like to assist however we can. Could you respond with your order number and/or email address so that we can locate your purchase and look into this further? Hope to hear from you soon! XOXO

Maryn skinner
June 13th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I just recently heard of lulus and love it! They have so many cute dresses and top! I got my package a few weeks ago and it was on time and I loved everything I bought!

Kat
June 12th, 2019 Culver City, CA DETAILS

I bought two pair of faux leather leggings for $88; they had over 100 glowing reviews so I felt confident that I would be getting pants that I loved. The first half dozen times I wore the pants they were amazing, they fit and looked great. Now, they're totally stretched out and look like garbage. The waist stretches all the way up to right under my boobs and the crotch is totally bagging and sags when I walk more than a couple steps. They look awful. Now I either throw them in the Goodwill pile or pay $45 (per pair!) to take them to the tailor so they fit properly. I wish I never bought from this company. Their clothing is absolute junk. I found negative reviews of the leggings but they're listed several pages in, I feel like they hid the negative reviews in the back where people couldn't see them.

Jun 14, 2019

Hi Kat, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We're so sorry to hear of your experience with these leggings, and we would like to assist however we can. Could you respond with your order number and/or email address so that we can locate your purchase and look into this further? Hope to hear from you soon! XOXO

Stacey
June 12th, 2019 Washington, DC DETAILS

I’ve bought a couple items from this site. I’m typicalky very nervous about purchasing from new sites but this was a pleasant surprise. My items were perfect and great quality. It’s now my go to place!!

Riley
June 5th, 2019 Brentwood, TN DETAILS

I normally have amazing luck with Lulus dresses, in fact I have over 10 dresses from them. So when they were having a sale, I bought 2 dresses expecting them to be perfect. Unfortunately, my luck ran out. I'm extremely disappointed with the way the dresses fit!! An XS normally fits perfectly, but these dresses were huge and nothing like the pictures or descriptions on the website showed! It's making me not want to shop there anymore because I can't even exchange them or get online credit to try something else since they're final sale!

Jun 07, 2019

Hi Riley, Thank you for your review! We're so sorry to hear that the dresses you recently ordered didn't fit as expected, and we would like to assist however we can. Could you respond with your order number and/or email address so that we can locate your purchase and look into this further? Hope to hear from you soon! XOXO

Jamie
June 5th, 2019 DETAILS

I ordered two dresses that were ready to ship. I got an email immediately that one item was on back order but when I ordered it, it didnt say that. And then they said my WHOLE order is on back order even though it clearly stated that "To ensure fastest shipping, some items might ship separately." Nope. They are probably both never even coming even though online they are still both able to be ordered. If something is on back order dont let MORE people buy it.. I dont want a refund - I just want my correct dresses to ship. So frustrating. Especially when you order them for a reason and you dont know if youre going to have to order elsewhere.

Jun 07, 2019

Hi Jamie, Thank you for your review! We're so sorry to hear of your experience with this order, and we would like to assist however we can. Could you respond with your order number and/or email address so that we can locate your purchase and look into this further? Hope to hear from you soon! XOXO

CAB
May 29th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

I buy from Lulu’s often. I love their clothes, shoes, under garments! I recently left off my promo code and customer service fixed it, no hassle whatsoever. And if great clothes and customer service isn’t enough, how about their FREE SHIPPING DAYS!