Lulus Fashion Lounge (Lulus for short) started out as a mother/daughter dream back in 1996. Since then, they have grown to become a leading online retailer in women's fashion that offers clothes, shoes, and accessories. Their story started back in the 1990s when jobs were hard to come by. The mother/daughter duo, Colleen Winter and Debra Cannon, wanted to start a café, but found a niche with clothing styles instead. Apparently, the mother/daughter dream is doing well. The business has received investment capital from HIG Growth Partners. This investment firm has a ton of capital and routinely invests $5 to $30 million in businesses. Lulus delivers stylish outfits and good customer service on a consistent basis.

The Good

• Great Product Line
  • High-valued Products at Affordable Prices
  • Free Shipping on Orders Over $50

Lulus provides its customers with an enjoyable shopping experience from the following:

Great Product Line

LuLus, while limited in the number of brands and selections that they carry, are known for offering a high volume of each brand. When looking through the lulus boutique style selections, you will typically only see a few items that are sold out; this is substantially lower than many other online clothing companies. They also have a quality accessories line. You will find makeup, purses, handbags, and scarves. While the selection of makeup was somewhat limited, you can find a lot of stylish options that would fit the clothes available through their clothing options. The jewelry is also classy, pricey, and affordable. They also have a great search tool to peruse their women's clothing products. There are modeled pictures of many pieces of fashion attire to help assist shoppers in making the right purchase.

Lulus dresses are particularly well-known. Customers of the boutique online can even sort dresses by occasion or trend. Users can find prom, cocktail, party, formal, vacation, graduation, wedding, or bridesmaid dresses quickly and easily through Lulus boutique-style site.

High-valued Products at Affordable Prices

The prices throughout the company site are competitive with other women's fashion based on the higher-quality nature of their clothing items. While you will find lower costs for some items, the quality offered through their site allows you as the shopper to get valuable bang for your buck. The investment backup that Lulus has to accompany it is definitely worth mentioning as a positive. HIG Growth, who now backs Lulus financially, is a prestigious growth investment firm that has provided them with welcomed support.

Free Shipping on Orders Over $50

One area customers are able to save in costs is with shipping. If the total amount of your order is over $50, the company offers free shipping (as long as your location is inside the continental United States). This amount would not include any coupons you may have used during your shopping. Orders with ground shipping can take up to 5 days to be processed. Expedited orders are shipped the same or next business day (depending on what time of day you order). Ground shipping has a flat cost of $5.

The Bad

• Women's Clothing Only
  • Not Low-end Clothing Costs
  • Limited Mobile App
  • Return Policy

The negative aspects of shopping with Lulus are:

Women's Clothing Only

Based on our ranking criteria, the more people who are able to shop at a particular store the better option the store is. Lulus only offers clothing for women, making their potential shoppers not be as many as some other large retailers. However, for women (particularly those Lulus is targeting as customers) this is not a negative and instead provides them with an almost exclusive brand they can be a part of. If you don't fall into this category, then the limits on the customer type will be seen as a negative.

Not Low-End Clothing Costs

As was described in the good section, Lulus offers quality clothing items. They do not offer a great deal of low-end, low-cost apparel items. This does not mean their prices are necessarily high, however, it does mean they are not the greatest destination for consistent bargain shopping on low-quality clothing.

Mobile App

As a successful online retailer, you'd expect an accompanying mobile app. Though one exists, it appears to only be available in Chinese. This is obviously problematic for English-speaking users.

Return Policy

Our Lulus reviews contain many customers who are unhappy with the customer service experience when it comes to returns. Lulus will only grant free return shipping if the order is postmarked within 10 days of the delivery date. Unfortunately, that falls on Lulus side to ensure that happens in a timely manner. If their service does not mark it in time, the customer will have to pay the extra fees.

The Bottom Line

Lulus exclusive styles are made its customers in mind. The company buys and designs sophisticated, chic and modern styles.

We recommend Lulus for customers who are looking for trendy clothing options. We felt like Lulus price range was spot on for a trendy "mid-line" clothing provider. The classiest lulus dresses we found on their website were in the $200 range, whereas we also found classy dresses for about $50. This pricing option makes it easy to find a great fitting dress or other apparel at a great price. Lulus reviews have been mixed thus far.

3.7

Tisha andrews

January 20th, 2020 Chateauguay, QC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lulu's delivers top quality clothing in a timely manner considering the fact that I live in Canada.

Christyan Bennett

January 20th, 2020 Ponchatoula, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lulus is very affordable and have a nice variety. They have very trendy, high-end fashion options, for a low price.

Asia Bui

January 20th, 2020 Gulfport, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought a cute long maxi dress for my cousin's wedding from lulus and it was perfect! I wear the dress to all of the weddings i go to and I an always getting compliments! I will continue to be buying dresses from them

Allison Campbell

January 16th, 2020 Jackson, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lulu's clothing is a bit pricey but they have great fashionable wear. Their also including various ranges on the sizing charts. They range from xs- 3x.

Danelle

January 9th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lulus is pretty pricy and the quality isn’t all that. However I do love their shoes.

Jan 10, 2020

Hi Danelle, thank you for your feedback! At Lulus, we pride ourselves on all aspects of service so it's important to us that our items are both affordable and of good quality. We're truly sorry if some of your purchases haven't met your expectations! If you do ever have questions or concerns about an order, please feel free to contact our customer service team. We are in the office daily and would be happy to help! We appreciate your review! XOXO

Holly Marie

January 7th, 2020 Greenville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I placed an order from Lulus and input the email wrong on my order. With help from Wendy L in the live chat function on their website, she was able to confirm and update my order with the correct information and resend all of the emails that were previously sent! Great customer service in my opinion.

Del

January 7th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

Personally I believe that the clothes are overpriced and very generic. Could come up with new designs

Jan 08, 2020

Hi Del, thanks for your review! We're sorry to hear that you aren't fully satisfied with our selections of items, or the price point. We want all of our customers to be able to shop with us, so we have a wide selection of sale items and regularly run special promotions! We do add new items to our website Monday through Friday, so be sure to check back often for new styles which may be more to your liking. If you ever need assistance, don't hesitate to contact our customer service team! XOXO

Keiontai Henry

January 6th, 2020 Bradenton, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love using Lulu's primarily for their dresses. They have a great variety and always have discounts available, so you are sure to get what you desire.

Paige

December 17th, 2019 Naperville, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used to buy a lot from Lulu's and normally the clothes would work out for me. However, I recently had an experience where some things did not work out and I sent for return. The instructions on how to return were misleading, and when I reached out for assistance the person was not helpful and really condescending towards me. Really cute clothes, but if that's how they treat customers I don't want to give them my business.

Dec 20, 2019

Hi Paige, Thank you for your review! We're truly sorry for any confusion about how to ship your return back to us, and for the lackluster customer service you received. In hopes of assisting with this, one of our team members reached out to you on 12/16 by phone and email. Your return was transferred to the correct shipping carrier, and arrived back to us yesterday. We have since processed your return, and your refund was issued today! You should see it post back to your original payment method within 3-5 business days depending on your bank's policies. We pride ourselves on quality and service, so we never want to leave a customer without the assistance they need! In hopes of making up for this experience, we've sent you some store credit for use on any future order. We hope that we've been able to resolve this concern for you. If you do need any further assistance, please feel free to be in touch with us. We're in the office daily and will help however we can! Have a great day! XOXO

Michelle W

December 4th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA

They seem to always show me the pieces I wish I had in my wardrobe. Super trendy, and the quality is really, really good.

Cooper Thompson

December 2nd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

bought several dresses for different dances for my daughter at Lulus! very on trend and super affordable! Such cute dresses and clothing.

Amanda

November 26th, 2019 Montebello, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had great experience shopping online at Lulus. I previously bought a dress and sandals. The sandals have lasted for over 2 years.

Amanda

November 25th, 2019 Sewell, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So first off let me say I did LOVE the clothes I got from them. I don't yet know about durability but I can say I did love them. They looked exactly like the photos. My issue I have, and why I am only giving 3 stars is, the website advertises itself to be American made clothes. Even 3rd party sites that talk about Lulus go on and on about how they are American made clothes. When it fact, there is only a "selection" of American made clothes. Both the items I got had tags that said Made in China. I ordered from them because I like to support American based companies.

Nov 25, 2019

Hello Amanda, thanks for your review! We apologize for any confusion about our items' countries of origin. While we do have an extensive Made in the USA section (https://www.lulus.com/categories/1842/made-in-the-usa.html), some of our items are imported from manufacturers in various countries as you mentioned. We state in the product description whether it is Made in the USA or imported, product description so that our customers can purchase their preferred items. We hope this helps you to shop with confidence in the future! Customer Service (lulus.com/customerservice) is here for you, so if you ever have questions or concerns please don't hesitate to get in touch. We will gladly help however we can! Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us! XOXO

Amanda Rosen

November 15th, 2019 Warrendale, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lulus is great for getting trendy and fairly priced clothing items that are great for the 20-30 crowd.

Patricia M.

November 15th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If you are looking to find a place that offers quality, unique and reasonably priced clothing, Lulus is the place to shop. Although it is an online store the reviews and customer service make up for the non-person experience. Many of my formal and informal dresses are from this site, in addition to shoes. I am usually a skeptic when it comes to online shopping but Lulus I can always count on.

Livia Hochman

November 15th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Lulus. They have everything I want. I got my prom and homecoming dresses there.

Katherine Whyte

November 8th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lulus has the best selection of dresses that will suit any occasion! I love the styles they have and you are paying for really amazing dresses that are of the best quality! Just be aware of sizing and the fit of the dresses.

Svetlana

November 1st, 2019 Trenton, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I made an order and I am in love with my Burgundy squareneck velvet dress 😍😍😍 Fits like a glove and very good quality for that price !

abby becht

October 23rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lulus has some of the best leggings that you will ever find, they have a plethera of styles and designs that you can choose from so it increases the chance of you finding some that you will enjoy!

Rachael

October 11th, 2019 Lake Forest, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve placed two orders recently with Lulus. The first order I returned some dresses and I did not receive a refund for one of the dresses because someone in the returns department messed up on processing the return. I did not get my money back for that dress. The second order I ordered a romper in two different sizes. The small fit perfectly so I didn’t open or try on the medium. I received an email that I would not receive a refund because of a stain in the intimate area. I never even tried it on! I’m beyond annoyed and will never order from them again.

Oct 14, 2019

Hello Rachael! Thank you for sharing your review with us! One of our team members has contacted you directly by email in hopes of providing a solution for you. We have refunded both of the items referenced in your review, the dress which was not in the return package and the romper with the stain, to your original payment method for you. As a gesture of apology for any frustration this experience caused, we've issued some store credit to your account. This credit will never expire, and you're welcome to apply it towards any future purchase! We hope this helps to resolve your concerns. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We're in the office from 5 AM - 9 PM PST daily and will gladly help! Enjoy the rest of your day! XOXO

Maddie

October 1st, 2019 Bloomington, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cutest place for formal wear & casual wear! I loved their prom dresses in high school, and I love their clothes for daily life as an adult now! However, I do think their clothes can be I reasonably priced from time to time.

Kimberly Jackson

September 6th, 2019 Derby, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

High quality clothing, accurate sizing chart, great style choices. Ordered two lace dresses that are my go-to wedding guest outfits and I always get tons of compliments.

Highly disappointed

August 19th, 2019 Charlotte, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Originally I didnt receive the dress I ordered. I had to contact them and they were fast at getting me a replacement. Shortly after one dress arrived, the original arrived as well. The dress didnt fit me, so I returned both dresses in the same bag. I have been trying to get my money back and it is becoming very frustrating. Their return department is saying they only received the one dress. Which is not true. I would not keep a dress that doesn't fit me. I just want my money back. I will never buy from this site again.

Sep 03, 2019

Hi there, Thank you for sharing your review with us! We're truly sorry to hear about the difficulty you had with this return. At Lulus, we pride ourselves on quality and service so we would like to find a resolution for this. We reached out to you privately through BestCompany's messaging system on August 19th asking for more information so that we can locate your order, but we haven't received a response. If you could please provide us with your order number and/or email address, we will gladly contact you and provide assistance! Hope we hear from you soon! XOXO

Jenet

August 13th, 2019 Carlstadt, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The clothing is amazing! Great quality stuff at a reasonable price.

Sarah Williams

August 13th, 2019 Wilmington, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wrong Color Bridesmaid Dress We all ordered matching bridesmaids dresses from Lulus in blush. Wedding day comes and I do not match the other bridesmaids. They send me dusty lavendar instead of blush. When I reached out to Lulus they claimed it was likely just a difference in dye lot. We all ordered our dresses within two weeks of each other and every other dress was identical. Additionally, my dress was not slightly off-tone, it was a different color. Their first offer to make it right was a 15% discount - their customer service regarding this has been a complete slap in my face. It is so not worth it you guys! Just do not shop with them if it is an important occasion.

Aug 13, 2019

Hi Sarah, Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are so sorry that you received the incorrect color dress, and we sincerely apologize that you didn't receive the assistance you needed when you contacted our customer service team. We see that since the time of your review, you have been in touch with one of our customer service supervisors. We hope that through this communication with a supervisor, we have been able to provide further assistance and a more appropriate resolution for your concern. We pride ourselves on quality and service, so we don't want a customer to receive an incorrect item. As your order was placed in October of 2018 and the color difference wasn't discovered until the day of your event, we realize that our options to find a solution for this inventory mistake were limited. We have issued you a full refund for the cost of the dress to your original payment method. This refund has been processed within our system, and you should see reflected back within a few business days depending on your bank's policies. We have reviewed your order and contact with customer service and agree that there was room for improvement on our part. We apologize again, as this isn't the standard to which we hold ourselves as a team. The 15% coupon initially provided to you was sent as a gesture of our apology while we requested further information, rather than with the intent to resolve your concern. When communicating with us directly you provided additional feedback about the subsequent exchanges you had with our customer service team. We take our customers' comments to heart, and want to improve our processes and service wherever possible. We assure you that your feedback, provided both by email and through your review, will be shared with our departments for further review. We understand your disappointment in the service you received, and we hope that in our subsequent communications we have been able to better address your concerns. We would love to do something to make this up to you beyond the full refund we issued, so we have sent you a total of $50 in store credit and a coupon which you're welcome to combine with this credit! We're eager to regain your trust in Lulus as a company, and we hope you'll give us the opportunity to make this up to you if you place another order. If you do have any questions, please don't hesitate to respond to our recent email or give us a call at 866-918-5858. We're in the office daily and we would be happy to help however we can! Enjoy the rest of your day! XOXO

Ben Crisp

July 10th, 2019 Temecula, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m always pleased when I shop at lulus and their clothes are great quality and they are great about returns

Michelle

July 10th, 2019 Morgan Hill, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered two dresses. Spent almost 200$. Both see through and very thin. One too big and I got busy and it went past 30 days and now I can’t return. 89$ down the drain. They should post return policy right when you purchase it. Not ordering from this company again.

Jul 12, 2019

Hello Michelle, Thank you for sharing your review with us! We're so sorry to hear that the material and fit of these items wasn't as expected. At Lulus, we pride ourselves on quality and service so we would like to find a resolution for this. We reached out to you privately through BestCompany's messaging system on 7/10/19 asking for more information so that we can locate your order, but we haven't received a response. If you could please provide us with your order number and/or email address, we will gladly contact you and provide assistance! Hope we hear from you soon! XOXO

Marir

July 9th, 2019 Palacios, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I browsed Lulus website before and considered buying something but this was my first time purchasing anything. I bought two dresses on sale, a pair of heels, and a piece of jewelry. All in one order. I loved all of my items. However, I paid for three day shipping and only got my shoes and jewelry on time. The dresses were shipped separately and arrived late. The products themselves were great a buy but the shipping was disappointing as I needed a dress for the weekend and didn’t get them til Monday.

Keeli Hansen

July 9th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great quality clothes and fast delivery they always make sure that their clothes are great and cute t

Haley Baldwin

July 8th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve only shopped online with Lulu’s a few times but didn’t enjoy my experience. They did not ship as quick as they’d promised and I didn’t really enjoy their website set up.

Paige Baldwin

July 8th, 2019 Wellsville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was honestly not impressed with their website and the products that I got from them. They took a long time to deliver and their customer service was not helpful

Jul 10, 2019

Hello Paige, Thank you for sharing your review with us! We're so sorry to hear about your disappointment with the products, shipping, and customer service assistance. At Lulus, we pride ourselves on quality and service so we would like to find a resolution for this. We reached out to you privately through BestCompany's messaging system on July 8th asking for more information so that we can locate your order, but we haven't received a response. If you could please provide us with your order number and/or email address, we will gladly contact you and provide assistance! Hope we hear from you soon! XOXO

Chloe Adams

June 26th, 2019 Morgan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lulu’s was a bit of a downer. The esthetic was there but always something wrong. A small tear, see through, not accurate to sizing.very cute branding though.

Melinda

June 24th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the quality of the dresses I have bought. I am also pleased with the price of the dresses and shoes I have purchased. I appreciate the easy rerun if necessary. I have recommended Lulus to my cousin and she has made a purchase recently. I love Lulus

Renee Hern Lovato

June 24th, 2019 Rio Rancho, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It took months to get half of my order. When I finally get half of my order because I requested it I was so disappointed. The clothing runs extremely small! I couldn't even get it over my head. $75 down the drain.

Jun 28, 2019

Hello Renee, Thank you for sharing your review with us! We're so sorry to hear about the delivery delay with your order, and we apologize that the sizing didn't work out. At Lulus, we pride ourselves on quality and service so we would like to find a resolution for this. We reached out to you privately through BestCompany's messaging system on June 24th asking for more information so that we can locate your order, but we haven't received a response. If you could please provide us with your order number and/or email address, we will gladly contact you and provide assistance! Hope we hear from you soon! XOXO

Mercedes

June 24th, 2019 Visalia, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was promptly helped by Kara D. When I had technical problems with my ordering. The clothes and the shoes are 👍

Christine

June 24th, 2019 Waretown, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the most beautiful dress !! So many compliments. Just lovely. It flows when you walk. Love, love it !!!

ERVINNA NG

June 24th, 2019 Garland, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lulus has really great customers services! very helpful and friendly. love it! keep up the good work!

Steph

June 21st, 2019 Tooele, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always quick and reliable with customer service and product quality

Marcy

June 21st, 2019 Farmingdale, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lulus makes it easy to online shop with and easy return policy and active customer service support.

MCohen

June 21st, 2019 Bethesda, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love shopping at Lulus. Great pieces, great deals, and amazing customer service. For me, the whole experience of shopping at Lulus is a positive one, it's why I keep coming back!

Gareth Harrington

June 21st, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lulus send faulty goods and they refuse to cover the cost to return them so I can reclaim customs charges (I am an international buyer) or refund the customs cost themselves, avoid at all costs.

Jun 24, 2019

Hi Gareth, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We're truly sorry that you received a defective item, and we apologize for any frustration regarding international return policies. At Lulus, we really value all of our customers and we hope to improve your experience however we can. When you contacted our customer service team about this purchase, we did fully refund the order's cost including the shipping fee. We issued this refund without requiring a return, so that you wouldn't need to pay for return shipping. We're unable to cover the cost of return shipping fees since we have fully refunded your transaction and are unable to refund more than was paid. As customs fees are paid to your country's respective government rather than to Lulus, the refund for those fees would be coordinated by the appropriate agency. We reached out to you directly via email on 6/21/19 to provide more information about how you can request these customs fees are refunded by the shipping courier. In the meantime, we have processed the refund for your order's cost as mentioned prior. As a gesture of apology for this experience, we've issued you a $30 USD store credit which you're welcome to apply to any future order! We hope to improve your experience with this order, and your overall view of Lulus. We truly do want to help however we can! If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to respond to our email. Enjoy the rest of your day! XOXO

Samantha

June 21st, 2019 Arlington, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Lulus! Customer service is very kind and friendly and always happy to help. Great styles!

J. Dawson

June 21st, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A dress was delivered damaged two days before my grandfather's celebration of life service. I was really strapped for time, but Lulus was able to deliver the dress next day without a problem. One less thing I had to worry about as I laid my grandfather to rest. Thank you Lulus!

Phylicia

June 21st, 2019 Pottstown, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The dresses are always great quality! I like wearing form fitting dresses and they aren't see through and are very flattering. Love all the different styles they have.

GioO!!!👑

June 20th, 2019 Visalia, CA

So quality dresses and fast shipping ...

Kaitlin Ashcroft

June 20th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always love shopping from lulus. The have such a wide variety of clothing and have always ship my items on time or before!! Love them!

Brooke Herbon

June 20th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love the quality of clothing this store offers, the website is so easy to navigate! I see a lot of ads on Instagram and decided to try. Definitely worth it!

Tracy Hill

June 20th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love lulus because you can find inexpensive clothing wit fairly good quality. I always recommend this company to my friends because the deliver is fast and I love their styles

Elise

June 19th, 2019 Farmington, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've said it before...I LOVE shopping on Lulus.com. The customer service is phenomenal and the customer reviews are extremely helpful since they include the customer's sizes (height, weight, bra size). I recommend Lulu's all the time.

Briannon

June 19th, 2019 Carpentersville, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I loved the dress I received but there was a small pink stain on it. I’m hoping I can get it out. Not sure if it came from the package or what. Little disappointed because my bachelorette party coming up and I don’t have time to return it. Lulus customer service is amazing! They immediately tried to find a solution to the problem and even tried to expedite me a new dress, but they ran out of my size! Super thoughtful and much appreciated! Thank you for everything! :)