Lulus Fashion Lounge (Lulus for short) started out as a mother/daughter dream back in 1996. Since then, they have grown to become a leading online retailer in women's fashion that offers clothes, shoes, and accessories. Their story started back in the 1990s when jobs were hard to come by. The mother/daughter duo, Colleen Winter and Debra Cannon, wanted to start a café, but found a niche with clothing styles instead. Apparently, the mother/daughter dream is doing well. The business has received investment capital from HIG Growth Partners. This investment firm has a ton of capital and routinely invests $5 to $30 million in businesses. Lulus delivers stylish outfits and good customer service on a consistent basis.

The Good

• Great Product Line
  • High-valued Products at Affordable Prices
  • Free Shipping on Orders Over $50

Lulus provides its customers with an enjoyable shopping experience from the following:

Great Product Line

LuLus, while limited in the number of brands and selections that they carry, are known for offering a high volume of each brand. When looking through the lulus boutique style selections, you will typically only see a few items that are sold out; this is substantially lower than many other online clothing companies. They also have a quality accessories line. You will find makeup, purses, handbags, and scarves. While the selection of makeup was somewhat limited, you can find a lot of stylish options that would fit the clothes available through their clothing options. The jewelry is also classy, pricey, and affordable. They also have a great search tool to peruse their women's clothing products. There are modeled pictures of many pieces of fashion attire to help assist shoppers in making the right purchase.

Lulus dresses are particularly well-known. Customers of the boutique online can even sort dresses by occasion or trend. Users can find prom, cocktail, party, formal, vacation, graduation, wedding, or bridesmaid dresses quickly and easily through Lulus boutique-style site.

High-valued Products at Affordable Prices

The prices throughout the company site are competitive with other women's fashion based on the higher-quality nature of their clothing items. While you will find lower costs for some items, the quality offered through their site allows you as the shopper to get valuable bang for your buck. The investment backup that Lulus has to accompany it is definitely worth mentioning as a positive. HIG Growth, who now backs Lulus financially, is a prestigious growth investment firm that has provided them with welcomed support.

Free Shipping on Orders Over $50

One area customers are able to save in costs is with shipping. If the total amount of your order is over $50, the company offers free shipping (as long as your location is inside the continental United States). This amount would not include any coupons you may have used during your shopping. Orders with ground shipping can take up to 5 days to be processed. Expedited orders are shipped the same or next business day (depending on what time of day you order). Ground shipping has a flat cost of $5.

The Bad

• Women's Clothing Only
  • Not Low-end Clothing Costs
  • Limited Mobile App
  • Return Policy

The negative aspects of shopping with Lulus are:

Women's Clothing Only

Based on our ranking criteria, the more people who are able to shop at a particular store the better option the store is. Lulus only offers clothing for women, making their potential shoppers not be as many as some other large retailers. However, for women (particularly those Lulus is targeting as customers) this is not a negative and instead provides them with an almost exclusive brand they can be a part of. If you don't fall into this category, then the limits on the customer type will be seen as a negative.

Not Low-End Clothing Costs

As was described in the good section, Lulus offers quality clothing items. They do not offer a great deal of low-end, low-cost apparel items. This does not mean their prices are necessarily high, however, it does mean they are not the greatest destination for consistent bargain shopping on low-quality clothing.

Mobile App

As a successful online retailer, you'd expect an accompanying mobile app. Though one exists, it appears to only be available in Chinese. This is obviously problematic for English-speaking users.

Return Policy

Our Lulus reviews contain many customers who are unhappy with the customer service experience when it comes to returns. Lulus will only grant free return shipping if the order is postmarked within 10 days of the delivery date. Unfortunately, that falls on Lulus side to ensure that happens in a timely manner. If their service does not mark it in time, the customer will have to pay the extra fees.

The Bottom Line

Lulus exclusive styles are made its customers in mind. The company buys and designs sophisticated, chic and modern styles.

We recommend Lulus for customers who are looking for trendy clothing options. We felt like Lulus price range was spot on for a trendy "mid-line" clothing provider. The classiest lulus dresses we found on their website were in the $200 range, whereas we also found classy dresses for about $50. This pricing option makes it easy to find a great fitting dress or other apparel at a great price. Lulus reviews have been mixed thus far.

3.7

Ben Crisp
July 10th, 2019 Temecula, CA DETAILS

I’m always pleased when I shop at lulus and their clothes are great quality and they are great about returns

Michelle
July 10th, 2019 Morgan Hill, CA DETAILS

I ordered two dresses. Spent almost 200$. Both see through and very thin. One too big and I got busy and it went past 30 days and now I can’t return. 89$ down the drain. They should post return policy right when you purchase it. Not ordering from this company again.

Jul 12, 2019

Hello Michelle, Thank you for sharing your review with us! We're so sorry to hear that the material and fit of these items wasn't as expected. At Lulus, we pride ourselves on quality and service so we would like to find a resolution for this. We reached out to you privately through BestCompany's messaging system on 7/10/19 asking for more information so that we can locate your order, but we haven't received a response. If you could please provide us with your order number and/or email address, we will gladly contact you and provide assistance! Hope we hear from you soon! XOXO

Marir
July 9th, 2019 Palacios, TX DETAILS

I browsed Lulus website before and considered buying something but this was my first time purchasing anything. I bought two dresses on sale, a pair of heels, and a piece of jewelry. All in one order. I loved all of my items. However, I paid for three day shipping and only got my shoes and jewelry on time. The dresses were shipped separately and arrived late. The products themselves were great a buy but the shipping was disappointing as I needed a dress for the weekend and didn’t get them til Monday.

Keeli Hansen
July 9th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

Great quality clothes and fast delivery they always make sure that their clothes are great and cute t

Haley Baldwin
July 8th, 2019 DETAILS

I’ve only shopped online with Lulu’s a few times but didn’t enjoy my experience. They did not ship as quick as they’d promised and I didn’t really enjoy their website set up.

Paige Baldwin
July 8th, 2019 Wellsville, UT DETAILS

I was honestly not impressed with their website and the products that I got from them. They took a long time to deliver and their customer service was not helpful

Jul 10, 2019

Hello Paige, Thank you for sharing your review with us! We're so sorry to hear about your disappointment with the products, shipping, and customer service assistance. At Lulus, we pride ourselves on quality and service so we would like to find a resolution for this. We reached out to you privately through BestCompany's messaging system on July 8th asking for more information so that we can locate your order, but we haven't received a response. If you could please provide us with your order number and/or email address, we will gladly contact you and provide assistance! Hope we hear from you soon! XOXO

Chloe Adams
June 26th, 2019 Morgan, UT DETAILS

Lulu’s was a bit of a downer. The esthetic was there but always something wrong. A small tear, see through, not accurate to sizing.very cute branding though.

Jun 28, 2019

Hi Chloe, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We apologize for the quality and fit of some items you've received not being up to our standards. We're eager to improve your experience however we can! We sent you a private message on June 27th requesting information that will allow us to locate your order, but we haven't heard back from you just yet. If you could respond at your convenience with your order number and/or email address so that we can locate your purchase, we would love to get in touch with you. Have a wonderful day! XOXO

Melinda
June 24th, 2019 DETAILS

I love the quality of the dresses I have bought. I am also pleased with the price of the dresses and shoes I have purchased. I appreciate the easy rerun if necessary. I have recommended Lulus to my cousin and she has made a purchase recently. I love Lulus

Renee Hern Lovato
June 24th, 2019 Rio Rancho, NM DETAILS

It took months to get half of my order. When I finally get half of my order because I requested it I was so disappointed. The clothing runs extremely small! I couldn't even get it over my head. $75 down the drain.

Jun 28, 2019

Hello Renee, Thank you for sharing your review with us! We're so sorry to hear about the delivery delay with your order, and we apologize that the sizing didn't work out. At Lulus, we pride ourselves on quality and service so we would like to find a resolution for this. We reached out to you privately through BestCompany's messaging system on June 24th asking for more information so that we can locate your order, but we haven't received a response. If you could please provide us with your order number and/or email address, we will gladly contact you and provide assistance! Hope we hear from you soon! XOXO

Mercedes
June 24th, 2019 Visalia, CA DETAILS

I was promptly helped by Kara D. When I had technical problems with my ordering. The clothes and the shoes are 👍

Christine
June 24th, 2019 Waretown, NJ DETAILS

This is the most beautiful dress !! So many compliments. Just lovely. It flows when you walk. Love, love it !!!

ERVINNA NG
June 24th, 2019 Garland, TX DETAILS

Lulus has really great customers services! very helpful and friendly. love it! keep up the good work!

Steph
June 21st, 2019 Tooele, UT DETAILS

Always quick and reliable with customer service and product quality

Marcy
June 21st, 2019 Farmingdale, NY DETAILS

Lulus makes it easy to online shop with and easy return policy and active customer service support.

MCohen
June 21st, 2019 Bethesda, MD DETAILS

I love shopping at Lulus. Great pieces, great deals, and amazing customer service. For me, the whole experience of shopping at Lulus is a positive one, it's why I keep coming back!

Gareth Harrington
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Lulus send faulty goods and they refuse to cover the cost to return them so I can reclaim customs charges (I am an international buyer) or refund the customs cost themselves, avoid at all costs.

Jun 24, 2019

Hi Gareth, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We're truly sorry that you received a defective item, and we apologize for any frustration regarding international return policies. At Lulus, we really value all of our customers and we hope to improve your experience however we can. When you contacted our customer service team about this purchase, we did fully refund the order's cost including the shipping fee. We issued this refund without requiring a return, so that you wouldn't need to pay for return shipping. We're unable to cover the cost of return shipping fees since we have fully refunded your transaction and are unable to refund more than was paid. As customs fees are paid to your country's respective government rather than to Lulus, the refund for those fees would be coordinated by the appropriate agency. We reached out to you directly via email on 6/21/19 to provide more information about how you can request these customs fees are refunded by the shipping courier. In the meantime, we have processed the refund for your order's cost as mentioned prior. As a gesture of apology for this experience, we've issued you a $30 USD store credit which you're welcome to apply to any future order! We hope to improve your experience with this order, and your overall view of Lulus. We truly do want to help however we can! If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to respond to our email. Enjoy the rest of your day! XOXO

Samantha
June 21st, 2019 Arlington, TN DETAILS

I love Lulus! Customer service is very kind and friendly and always happy to help. Great styles!

J. Dawson
June 21st, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

A dress was delivered damaged two days before my grandfather's celebration of life service. I was really strapped for time, but Lulus was able to deliver the dress next day without a problem. One less thing I had to worry about as I laid my grandfather to rest. Thank you Lulus!

Phylicia
June 21st, 2019 Pottstown, PA DETAILS

The dresses are always great quality! I like wearing form fitting dresses and they aren't see through and are very flattering. Love all the different styles they have.

GioO!!!👑
June 20th, 2019 Visalia, CA

So quality dresses and fast shipping ...

Kaitlin Ashcroft
June 20th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

Always love shopping from lulus. The have such a wide variety of clothing and have always ship my items on time or before!! Love them!

Brooke Herbon
June 20th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

Love the quality of clothing this store offers, the website is so easy to navigate! I see a lot of ads on Instagram and decided to try. Definitely worth it!

Tracy Hill
June 20th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I love lulus because you can find inexpensive clothing wit fairly good quality. I always recommend this company to my friends because the deliver is fast and I love their styles

Elise
June 19th, 2019 Farmington, MI DETAILS

I've said it before...I LOVE shopping on Lulus.com. The customer service is phenomenal and the customer reviews are extremely helpful since they include the customer's sizes (height, weight, bra size). I recommend Lulu's all the time.

Briannon
June 19th, 2019 Carpentersville, IL DETAILS

I loved the dress I received but there was a small pink stain on it. I’m hoping I can get it out. Not sure if it came from the package or what. Little disappointed because my bachelorette party coming up and I don’t have time to return it. Lulus customer service is amazing! They immediately tried to find a solution to the problem and even tried to expedite me a new dress, but they ran out of my size! Super thoughtful and much appreciated! Thank you for everything! :)

Jenny
June 19th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Lost two of my returns. Had to contact customer service finally received one of my returns. The other return they said it was not Lulus item and were going to have to ship it back to me. I had them check the item and it was in fact Lulus item. Overall, horrible service. I have never experienced anything like this from Lulus.

Jun 28, 2019

Hello Jenny! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're sorry to that your experience with this return wasn't up to our standards. We want to look into this further and provide you with assistance! We reached out to you by private message on June 19th in hopes of getting your order number and/or email address, but we haven't received your reply. If you could provide us with that information to locate your purchase, we would be happy to get in touch and find a resolution! Looking forward to speaking with you! XOXO

Liz
June 19th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Lulus is one of my top choices when shopping for clothing! It's my favorite online retailer by far. I love that they offer free returns shipping, because it allows me more freedom and confidence when ordering online. They often offer free shipping, and I am a Lulus Rewards member which gives me discount codes often. Plus, with the wide variety of products, I can find clothing or accessories or shoes for every event.

Pamela Smith
June 19th, 2019 Independence, MO DETAILS

I have ordered a lot from Lulus, but they sent the wrong size this time, and because I can’t get credit until it is returned and there were only 3 left of the size I needed, I had to pay up front. Then, of course, I’ll have to order more when the credit comes through. Not very happy.

Jun 28, 2019

Hi Pamela, Thank you for sharing your review! We're truly sorry that you received an incorrect size, and we don't want you to have had to pay for the new order up front. A member of our team reached out to you when your new order was placed in hopes of providing assistance. We've expedited the store credit refund for the original item, and applied that towards the new order so that we can refund your card in full. The details of the refund are included in the email we sent on 6/18/19. We also sent you some store credit for future use as a gesture of apology for the inconvenience! We really hope this helps, as we're eager to improve your experience however we can. If you do have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to be in touch. Have a lovely day! XOXO

Alejandra Evans
June 19th, 2019 White Hall, MD DETAILS

Lulus always go above and beyond. They’re styles, fabrics, and over all quality of clothing is stunning. I love love love Lulus! I’ve been a customer for over four years, and will be one for life. Advertising and sales are frequently and great, shipping is always on time, and cancellations are easy.

Bianca Duff
June 18th, 2019 Orlando, FL DETAILS

I have been shopping with LuLus for almost ten years and they have almost single-handedly transformed the way I shop for attire and purchase clothing. When it comes to customer service, they are the gold standard to which I measure all other online retailers against and have never disappointed in their quest to reply to a message, address a small concern, replace a garment, or even answer an oddball question (I once asked if there were any extra straps for a purse that had long been sold out, and they not only looked through their stock to try to accommodate, but also gave me a $5 credit when they were unable to locate any). I have grown to trust the online reviews which are posted to the site, as LuLu’s does not filter, delete, or alter any of them - no matter how abusive they may be; and each disappointed review is answered promptly and politely by staff. They have a generous return policy and free shipping on most orders I make, so I am able to ship items that may have otherwise gone unworn because I know I can easily return it and be reimbursed if it is not quite right. Service aside, their clothing is trendy, ever-revolving, flattering, and almost always great quality (especially for such reasonable prices). Most people who know me and want to know where I bought something I’m wearing have stopped asking - they know it came from Lulu’s. Most of my major life events have coincided with a fabulous purchase through their amazing and high caliber clothing options, including dresses for my rehearsal dinner and bachelorette party, my wedding gown, birthday outfits, interview outfits and so on. I have been happy to refer friends and strangers to the site, and I plan to continue to shop with Lulu’s for many years to come.

Jamie
June 18th, 2019 Bowie, MD DETAILS

Lulus overall has great quality of items from shoes to clothes at a reasonable price! What makes it even better is the customer service is top notch. I've never had any issue with returning anything. Im always satisfied with my purchase and when I am not Lulu's is always there to back their product which is why i will always choose Lulu's over any other e-commerce brand out there. The clothes are always sexy but elegant at the same time. I always get compliments every time an item from Lulu's both shoes and dresses!

Rachael Ann B
June 18th, 2019 South Richmond Hill, NY DETAILS

I’ve been shopping with lulus for 5 years now. I purchase something almost once a week. I enjoy their sales, specials sizing, quality of fabric, and wide varieties of brands they carry. They have everything for every occasion and reasonable prices. They send me discount coupons after every purchase and it goes such a long way. The staff also responds to emails or live chats in a timely manner, so disputed or just simple questions are resolved quickly.

Karly Wilson
June 18th, 2019 Tuscaloosa, AL DETAILS

I am always able to find amazing clothes for any occasion - casual, formal, work, etc - when I look on Lulu's; it has become one of the first places I go to shop when I need something new. Prices are generally very good but they often run sales that make them even better. Have never had any major problems; billing and returns are always easy.

Devon
June 18th, 2019 Riverside, NJ DETAILS

Great quality trendy clothes!! Takes a little bit to receive but well worth the wait. I recommend to everyone.

Kizzy
June 18th, 2019 Valencia, CA DETAILS

Love Lulus! Always stylish with great prices

Linette
June 18th, 2019 Makawao, HI DETAILS

I love your return policy and quality dresses. Love love love the dresses. I live in hawaii, so free shipping is everything here.

Krys
June 18th, 2019 'Ewa Beach, HI DETAILS

I love the quality of the clothes that I purchased and fast shipping.

Shannon
June 18th, 2019 Denver, CO DETAILS

Amazing clothes. Great quality and classic.

Missy
June 18th, 2019 Reading, PA DETAILS

I adore their collection, everything I’ve ordered seems to be the right fit and good quality

Yessica
June 18th, 2019 The Bronx, NY

I have nothing to complain honestly. I feel that everything gets handled so efficiently and professionally and if I had something bad to say, it’ll be how hard it gets sometimes to resist temptation and buy things from your website. Delivery is great, no problems with billing, emails come in at a good timely matter, I do not feel overwhelmed with advertising. Customer service is great, the clothing, shoes and jewelry I’ve bought are of great quality.

Michelle
June 18th, 2019 Malden, MA DETAILS

Lulu's is my go to spot for gorgeous dresses and jumpsuits! If I'm every unsatisfied, the return process is seamless and so I'm never afraid to give new outfits a try. I'll be coming back to Lulu's again and again!

Kathy
June 18th, 2019 Ravenna, OH DETAILS

I loved everything that I purchased Great buy and good quality

Len
June 18th, 2019 Brookfield, OH

Overall Lulu’s has fashion clothes with affordable pricing.

Rachael
June 18th, 2019 Chico, CA DETAILS

The shipping was on time and without any delays. The item (shoes) I received are good quality and super cute. The prices are right! Love Lulu's variety of awesome clothing and accessories!

Missy
June 18th, 2019 Saint Donatus, IA DETAILS

Lulus always has the best styles, customer service, quick delivery and amazing product!!! Love all the items I’ve ever purchased from them, they fit perfect.

Shelby
June 18th, 2019 Cleveland, OH DETAILS

I love shopping at Lulus! It is so many different options and styles for good prices! Delivery is always fast and your quality control is great! The few times I have needed customer service, you guys have gone above and beyond!

Angie
June 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Great clothing, great customer service.

Classy lady
June 18th, 2019 Milwaukee, WI

Great selections, friendly customer service, great sales but this company caters more to women who are small and well proportioned. When I find things that fit I love the complements so I was happy to know I could talk with a fit expert if unsure about a item before purchasing. I HATE FINAL SALES and that has been what I usually shop. They have been gracious even to let me return some of these items KUDOS !!!! for the Great Customer Service and treating me as a valued customer. I will continue to shop from this company.

Keylin
June 18th, 2019 Hagerstown, MD DETAILS

I always love shopping at lulus they always have really cute stuff and tend to have lots of good sales! The ordering process is always very simple!

Hang T.
June 18th, 2019 El Monte, CA

I just love how easy it is to purchase items from this website. The price is fair and the discounts are great. You get what you pay for here and the quality of the items are spectacular. I think besides the quality, the other reason why I keep ordering from here is because of the sizing. The sizing, for me at least, are always consistent. I never have to guess what size I am and I appreciate that. The return process is easy and you get the items rather quickly. No complaints here, but I hope for more future warehouse sales.