Kohl's Logo

8.6

LAST UPDATED: October 18th, 2021
Kohl's, in terms of revenue, is the second largest retailer in the United States. They have been in business since 1962 and were taken public in 1992. One thing easy to like about them is their reputation. Rated in the Fortune 500, Kohl's is currently the #146 ranked store. They surpassed competing clothing giant JCPenney for the first time in 2013 in terms of sales. Kohl's has over 1100 stores in the United States and has recently renovated around 100 of them, with more plans to expand the size and numbers in coming years. We found a pretty even split between mall-based stores and urban store locations. This is a sign that Kohl's is doing well in reaching many different types of customers across the country.

Nike Logo
#2 Nike chevron_right
Target Logo
#3 Target chevron_right

The Good

• Low prices for big brand items
  • Kohl's has 55 years of experience
  • Unlimited time to make returns
Kohl's has developed a large customer base for reasons including but not limited to:

Low Prices for Big Brand Items

Saving money when shopping at Kohl's is simple. Kohl's consistently run multiple promotions throughout their site, helping you as a shopper save as much money as possible. They have fashioned their online store with the same discount/money-saving model they use in their physical stores that has driven retail sales for years.  There is a good amount of content duplication between the online store and physical stores. There are also many unique products in the online store that are not necessarily available elsewhere. Not only are there consistently many items of clothing for sale, many of the items are from top brands in the industry. Kohl's has a great blend of top brands mixed with their exclusive brands to provide their customers with stylish and affordable options.

Kohl's has 55 Years of Experience

Kohl's has built itself up to become one of the strongest clothing retailer brands in the United States. While this brand growth hasn't occurred over night, it has occurred and is evidence of their large and supportive customer base. Being in business for 55 years has evidently taught them how to both describe and implement their various policies, helping make their shopping experience one highlighted by transparency and ultimately satisfaction from their customers.

Unlimited Time to Make Returns

One of Kohl's most popular policies involve the way they handle returns.  Truly a no-hassle/no questions asked policy, customers are given an infinite amount of days to return items of clothing. With no questions needing to be asked, no receipt is required in order to complete a return. Charges can be credited back within 12 months of the actual transaction date. If a return needs to be made outside of those 12 months, customers can be given in-store credit or a corporate-issued refund. Customers love this policy as it makes getting items returned fast and easy. As you can imagine, most of the time customers are pretty happy when they return an item to Kohl's.

The Bad

• No free shipping offered
While Kohl's online store excels in many ways, there is one area they fall short in when compared to other top clothing store competitors:

No Free Shipping Offered

While Kohl's shipping rates are competitive, there is no free shipping offered at this time per a policy. For example, many other online clothing stores offer free shipping on all orders that exceed a certain amount of money. Although their is not a policy in place for free shipping, gift cards are typically sent out for free shipping when orders are over $75. Minus the fact that they do not offer a free shipping option, their rates for freight are competitive with the rest of the industry. They use a tiered system, meaning your shipping costs fluctuate based off your total amount of clothing merchandise being purchased. The two primary methods of shipment are Standard Ground and Priority Air. As was already stated prices vary, however it is reasonable to expect paying between $6 and $25 for standard ground and $16 and $60 for Priority Air. Standard Ground takes between 3 to 6 business days and Priority Mail takes between 2 to 3 business day. Not having any type of free shipping policy is unfortunate, but as you can see their shipping rates and time frames are reasonable when shopping for clothes online.

The Bottom Line

Kohl's is one of the best online clothing retailers in the industry, especially when searching for affordable low-end clothing. They do a good job at reaching more consumers and have a good handle on the online paradigm. It is easy to like the interchangeability and sharing of items between the online site and the physical stores around the country. The return process is very easy if you purchase an online item because you can easily return the item to any store, with or without a packing slip. Due to their low prices for big brand items, 53 years of experience, and fantastic return policy we recommend shopping with them online.

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

I get a good amount of my clothing, especially business casual from Kohl's. I find most of the clothing to be of quality and to hold up for a few years, even with frequent wear. There is a good selection of plus size clothing and lingerie. I always find something unique and appealing in housewares to add to my home décor, while the kids always find an interesting toy to bring home.

David Swenson Boulder, CO

Nothing fancy here, just pretty good clothing at great prices. I Love Kohl's online for finding kids' clothes for my boys. Sometimes I feel like they give you more coupons than you even spend! Can't beat that.

Chris Bright Tempe, AZ

I am addicted to Kohls cash. We got out wedding set here and paid worth Kohls cash, so our rings were basically free! They have great deals all the time and the quality of their products is excellent.

Cassandra Tetzlaff Bend, OR

I think the prices are fair, they have great customer service and return policy. I wish that Kohls Cash didn't expire so quickly, but it's still a great value.

Heidi V Las Vegas, NV

If you're looking for a great shopping experience, Kohls is the place for you. Fashionable merchandise, weekly sales, and generous coupons give you more bang for your buck than most of their competitors. My favorite way to shop is online with Kohls. Not looking through racks of clothing to find my size is pure joy. Especially since I wear "tall" clothing. kohls has items you won't find in their brick & mortar stores. Also, for those coupons and sales, Kohls keeps them pinned to my login site. It saves me from cluttering up my desk with excess paper, and saves a tree in the process! Their site lets me pick up my orders in the store or have my purchase shipped to an address of choice. If I'm not happy with my internet purchase. returning it is simple. Use the return paperwork in the shipping envelope, or take it to a local store for a refund. Just an all round great shopping experience.

Erinmarie Xian Seffner, FL

Once I foudn out about Kohls I was hooked. Why would you shop anywhere else?! They have everything and they reward you for shopping. Its crazy... if I'm not shopping online, I'm buying from Kohls. No compare!

Nyla C. Edison, NJ

I love shopping Kohl's because I can always find what I am looking for. Great sales, nice environment and clean stocked great service. I love the early morning specials/discounts they offer. They always restock their clothes depending on season.

Melanie Wible Cumming, GA

I love shopping at Kohl’s because they are a department store with brand names as well as, in-house apparel. I like and trust the Kohl’s brand name clothing too. Their styles are current and well made and fit my style. The children’s department is fun and value packed too. Thanks.

Makayla Holland Gaithersburg, MD

I love kohl’s I feeling like buying the whole tastier when i go shopping there. I love that they sell not just clothing but accessories as well. And I always buy blankets and pillows from them. They quality of everything is 100/10. I’ve never once bought something from there and didn’t like it.

Jmarsh Macomb, MI

I have ordered from Kohl's website a handful of times for both delivery and curbside pick up. I like that I am able to use Kohl's cash and coupons directly on the site and have found shipping to be done quickly and accurately and curbside pickup has always been ready within hours. I will continue to shop for items I need at Kohl's!

Stella B Larchmont, NY

I like their clothes but you have to remember that they follow the "fake sales" model. They list a Manufacture suggested retail price, but then put it on "sale". You have to go in asking yourself, is this dress really a $100 dress on sale for $50? Or is it really just a $50 dress? I also like looking at the home stuff - the sales there see more legit.

Quen Wilson

Kohl's is the place to go for affordable and high quality products. When I was preparing to serve a two year religious mission, I had to purchase two suits that would last throughout my mission service. I was struggling to find high quality suits that could weather the storm for two year's that fit into my budget. While searching the local dress wear stores around town, I realized that I wasn't gonna be able to purchase two suits within my budget. This lead me to search online for suits and happened upon the Kohl's website. I started looking at their product and liked what I saw. I later headed the local Kohl's store and found two high quality suits for the same price as just one at the local dress wear stores. Needless to say, the suit's lasted the two year's and some. If you're looking for a high quality product for a low price, Kohl's is the place to go.

seanth57 Columbus, GA

Great sale prices, easy online shopping, easy return policy, good selection of clothes and shoes, love the 180 days return policy

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

Kohl's has always been a favorite when shopping for new clothes. They always have very good deals and I love the Kohl's cash discounts! Very friendly staff as well

Joseph from Virginia Miami, FL

Great selection especially for clothing and sneakers and shoes. Note: some brand names are exempt from the discounts but you still get $10 Kohl’s cash for every $50 spent.

Nell Damascus, MD

Kohls is a great place if you pay attention to the sales. The prices vary so much and change so quickly if you have the time to pay attention you will find really good bargains.

Wendy Smullin Logan, UT

Kohl's is a fantastic place to shop online and in store. Their wide range of quality products is incredible. Finding the right home items that are quality has been easy at Kohl's. Their returns are so easy, especially when you order the wrong size!! They carry great brands of clothes giving you what you need from casual to formal.

Patricia Miller Preston, ID

I really enjoy Kohl's selection and quality of products. I can always find what I am looking for there. I have used many of their holiday products at Christmas time to give to neighbors and friends and they always make great gifts. I can find great gifts for my teenage grandsons who love funny T-shirts, my granddaughters who are related to Disney Princesses and my husband who is conservative! There is something for everyone at Kohl's.

Malia Barnes Cheyenne, WY

I shop at Kohl’s about twice a month. The employees always welcome me when I enter the doors. When I’m at the different departments employees come up to me and ask if I need any help. The employees are always so nice and helpful. The bathrooms are always so clean every time I go. I love using their bathrooms for that reason. The customer service is so fast and they are also so friendly. I had an order shipped to Kohl’s so that I didn’t have to pay shipping. I love that they do that so I can save money. I also love their products and they are affordable for my family.

Estefi Arreola Leyva Gilbert, AZ

Kohl's is good store, I have been going to the store for years. I love how the store has different brands you can get there. What is cool about it is that kohl's sells household things, like bed comforters, bed sheet, rugs, towels, pans, etc. Some many things you can get there. I love how the stores sales things to exercise like shoes, bottles, clothing, hats, and headbands. Kohl's also has a Jewelry, candle, and perfume section which is amazing.

Tiffany Phoenix, AZ

The quality of the clothes at Kohl's is wonderful. They also regularly have great sales and promotions on their merchandise. I always feel like I am getting a great deal when I shop here. The staff is helpful and friendly. The stores are clean and organized. I love the variety of merchandise they have. I have been happy with all of my purchases from here.

Sandi Westover Fremont, CA

Kohl's a great place to shop online. And it's easy to make returns to the store. They often mail out 15%, 20% and 30% off coupons. When shopping online you can look for an online coupon and use it. I especially like to use Ebates.com first and then go to Kohl's because Ebates shows the best offers and gives you a rebate. Kohl's also has a point rewards program so by shopping there regularly you can earn bonuses. I can get amazing deals.

[email protected] American Fork, UT

I love shopping at Kohl's! The variety and selection of clothing, bedding, toys, suitcases, shoes, etc. is excellent. I can usually find what I need quite quickly with the help of their employees. If it isn't available they have always helped me with ordering the item on line. They ship your purchase directly to your home within a very reasonable amount of time. If I have to return anything I have purchased there, they have been courteous and friendly. I have always had excellent service with their return center. The quality of their bedding and towels is top notch. Their sales are great and I usually end up buying more due to such great bargains. The only area I have had any problems is in the shoe department. You have to be fast and keep up on their promotions due to the fact everything sells out so fast. Great quality and pricing!

Tami Allen Gilbert, AZ

I love shopping at Kohl's for the entire family, but especially for myself. As a middle aged woman, it's hard sometimes to find stores that carry brands that fit when you can't shop in the Juniors section any longer. Kohl's has several brands that I love, with stylish, well made clothes at an amazing price. I love the JLo brand, Lauren Conrad, Rock & Republic, Juicy Couture, Simply Vera Wang, etc. They make clothes that fit a wide variety of women's bodies, and are true to size. I also love to shop the Kohl's sales racks, as they always have great deals. I love the shoe department as well, with a wide selection of designer shoes at great prices. I usually also shop their home section, and most of my kids and my bedding was bought at Kohl's. They have great quality products that last, but at a decent price. They also offer discounts and promotions when you sign up for their credit card, and I always get a percentage off my products, and Kohl's cash to spend the next time I come. It certainly keeps me coming back for more!

Bee Endicott, NY

Kohl's is the best for coupon stacking. They have great customer service, and you can use the $5 0ff with the 30% off and you can usually use it on clearance.

Scott A. Johnson Orem, UT

Kohl's has a great selection of clothing for men and women. Their selection of dress pants, shirts, and suits is especially good for men. You need to shop their sales or pricing can be high, but they almost always have sales ad additional percent-off coupons to use, especially if you have a Kohl's card. Customer service is good and friendly.

JDWain Tallahassee, FL

My family loves to shop at Kohl's, we find that they always have good sales and tend to change out their clothes pretty often with the seasons so there is always something new to look at. Plus we love getting our Kohl's Cash back to use.

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

I absolutely love shopping at Kohl’s, both in the store and online. Many times I’m able to get a lot of things that I need there, and then you get rewards with Kohl’s cash. And if you don’t want to pay for shipping, you can always have the item shipped to the nearest store to you. It’s a win-win situation

Lois Norwalk, CA

Shopped Kohl's online for the first time. Very impressed. Very happy. Everything shipped quickly & arrived in good shape. Compares to Amazon however with Kohl's i received my Kohl's cash. With the great sales going on I was able to buy a really nice down comforter using my Kohl's cash. Will shop Christmas presents here again next year. Very happy.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

In the small town where I grew up, the ONLY clothing store nearby was a Kohl's. I got started young. :) I seriously feel like they are the unsung hero of clothing stores. They have really cute stuff if you're ready to look around a bit, and they almost always have a sale going on, along with Kohl's-Cash coupons and other sweet side deals.

Julia UP Southbury, CT

Good selection fair price pretty nice stores would recommend everyone

Janan Grange Pleasant Grove, UT

I am a customer of Kohls.com. I often use their website to find products or to check on sales. My favorite online sale of the year is always the week before Black Friday at Kohls. They often have their shoes online that week and I've gotten great deals before they are on sale at the actual store. I get an email daily from Kohl's sharing their deals and often use their website to check them out.

J. Whelan Long Beach, MS

I love online shopping with Kohl's. I wear a very average size of clothing and when I'm in the store my size of popular clothing is usually sold out. When I shop online the select is much larger. With a Kohl's account you can tack on many sales, discounts, dollars earned from money spent. I can't believe how far my money goes after I've added all applicable codes and dollar values. the only thing I don't like is that you have to pay for return shipping, but I can take it into the store and return it for free.

Megan A McEvoy Tallahassee, FL

Kohl's is my favorite store during the holidays because I love their Christmas display! My family always buys new ornaments at Kohl's for our Christmas tree. Additionally, I buy a lot of gifts for my parent's birthdays since they have a great selection of clothing at a very reasonable price. I love how they circle how much money you save on the receipt everytime!

Matthew Carbaugh Herndon, VA

I dont think I have ever referenced the Kohl’s website before visting the store. Never have a specific brand that I am looking for whenever I need something from kohls (jeans, bedset, underclothes) so i just compare items in store. Usually an satisified with the price so I feel safe making purchases without first checking other clothing department stores. Their return procedure is clean and quick too.

Amanda Sherwood, OR

Love kohl's! I recently fell in love with Apt. 9 brand that they carry! Super durable and quality clothing! I also love kohl's for their pregnancy clothes selection!! Way cheaper than maternity store for the EXACT SAME clothes! I love their pricing and discounts!! Also now, if you are in store and order online (something not found in store or different size etc.) they will ship to your house for free! Also very easy return!

CoasterRider Show Low, AZ

Kohls is a favorite of mine especially for clothes shopping. I have great luck in finding styles, colors and sizes I need.

Pekeiydra Williams Tallahassee, FL

I love shopping at Kohl’s I can always find exactly what I need and more. They always have sales and you can find quality clothes, furniture and more at Kohl’s

Wendy Park City, UT

Kohl's is a great place to do your Christmas shopping. Whether it's clothes for your kids, toys for your nieces or decor for your mom, you can find something for everyone on you list at Kohl's.

Nicole Sohm Herriman, UT

Love Kohls!!! Every time I go there they give me a coupon if I forgot mine. They have great sales too. Plus now you can do your Amazon returns there and they give you another coupon!

Beverly Schacher Gulfport, MS

I love buying clothes on Kohl's website. It is very convenient that you can return items to the store if neccessary. They always have sales going on and you can use Kohl's cash and coupons.

Cindy Gilbert, AZ

I absolutely love shopping at Kohl's! I shop their frequently and use their app to shop ahead of time for pick up or in my free time. They always have friendly staff around to help.

Nana Asiata Herriman, UT

Kohl's has great quality clothing that are cute too. The discounts are sometimes always hard to find. The price can be a little high for us but the service and help that they give their customers is great.

Pete Centerville, UT

Kohl's is one of my favorite stores. Their customer service is amazing. I've bought multiple items for family and they always let me return the product if they don't like them or want a different kind.

Nicole Jones Riverton, UT

I love online shopping at Kohl's. Kohl's is affordable, modern, convenient and unique in every way. I also love that I can order and online and pickup in-store on the same day I ordered. I've been in a pickle quite a few times where I needed something same-day and Kohl's always delivers!

Brenda Horne Orem, UT

I love to shop at Kohl's. It is the store I go to first when I need some new clothes for myself or my children. I've also gotten some great household items there for the kitchen and some luggage. They have great coupons that I frequently use.

Mandi Smith American Fork, UT

Kohl's has been a great store to shop at. Now that they have an Amazon return kiosk it makes it even more convenient to go there because when I have an item from Amazon that doesn't work, I can easily go to Kohl's to return it.

PessoaJ Herriman, UT

I ordered a birthday present (shirt) online and choose the “pick up in the store” option. It was great because I needed it right then but didn’t want to pay an outrageous amount so Kohl’s delivered. The wait at customer service was a bit too long though when i went to pick it up.

Aimee Long Beach, MS

My family and I all love Kohl’s and have been extremely happy with the quality and value of the clothing and shoes. The staff is always helpful and the sales are amazing! They always have clothes and shoes that align with the latest trends and I know I can always find something cute to wear when I shop at Kohl’s.

Haelyn Lahens Deerfield Beach, FL

Kohls has a wide range of clothing items to choose from and they are of great quality. Their sales are very large and are worth it every time. From cute jeans to sparkling jewelry to amazing sunglasses. I go there and get a new wardrobe if I can every time.