Kohl's Logo

8.6

Kohl's, in terms of revenue, is the second largest retailer in the United States. They have been in business since 1962 and were taken public in 1992. One thing easy to like about them is their reputation. Rated in the Fortune 500, Kohl's is currently the #146 ranked store. They surpassed competing clothing giant JCPenney for the first time in 2013 in terms of sales. Kohl's has over 1100 stores in the United States and has recently renovated around 100 of them, with more plans to expand the size and numbers in coming years. We found a pretty even split between mall-based stores and urban store locations. This is a sign that Kohl's is doing well in reaching many different types of customers across the country.

Nike Logo
#2 Nike chevron_right
Target Logo
#3 Target chevron_right

The Good

• Low prices for big brand items
  • Kohl's has 55 years of experience
  • Unlimited time to make returns
Kohl's has developed a large customer base for reasons including but not limited to:

Low Prices for Big Brand Items

Saving money when shopping at Kohl's is simple. Kohl's consistently run multiple promotions throughout their site, helping you as a shopper save as much money as possible. They have fashioned their online store with the same discount/money-saving model they use in their physical stores that has driven retail sales for years.  There is a good amount of content duplication between the online store and physical stores. There are also many unique products in the online store that are not necessarily available elsewhere. Not only are there consistently many items of clothing for sale, many of the items are from top brands in the industry. Kohl's has a great blend of top brands mixed with their exclusive brands to provide their customers with stylish and affordable options.

Kohl's has 55 Years of Experience

Kohl's has built itself up to become one of the strongest clothing retailer brands in the United States. While this brand growth hasn't occurred over night, it has occurred and is evidence of their large and supportive customer base. Being in business for 55 years has evidently taught them how to both describe and implement their various policies, helping make their shopping experience one highlighted by transparency and ultimately satisfaction from their customers.

Unlimited Time to Make Returns

One of Kohl's most popular policies involve the way they handle returns.  Truly a no-hassle/no questions asked policy, customers are given an infinite amount of days to return items of clothing. With no questions needing to be asked, no receipt is required in order to complete a return. Charges can be credited back within 12 months of the actual transaction date. If a return needs to be made outside of those 12 months, customers can be given in-store credit or a corporate-issued refund. Customers love this policy as it makes getting items returned fast and easy. As you can imagine, most of the time customers are pretty happy when they return an item to Kohl's.

The Bad

• No free shipping offered
While Kohl's online store excels in many ways, there is one area they fall short in when compared to other top clothing store competitors:

No Free Shipping Offered

While Kohl's shipping rates are competitive, there is no free shipping offered at this time per a policy. For example, many other online clothing stores offer free shipping on all orders that exceed a certain amount of money. Although their is not a policy in place for free shipping, gift cards are typically sent out for free shipping when orders are over $75. Minus the fact that they do not offer a free shipping option, their rates for freight are competitive with the rest of the industry. They use a tiered system, meaning your shipping costs fluctuate based off your total amount of clothing merchandise being purchased. The two primary methods of shipment are Standard Ground and Priority Air. As was already stated prices vary, however it is reasonable to expect paying between $6 and $25 for standard ground and $16 and $60 for Priority Air. Standard Ground takes between 3 to 6 business days and Priority Mail takes between 2 to 3 business day. Not having any type of free shipping policy is unfortunate, but as you can see their shipping rates and time frames are reasonable when shopping for clothes online.

The Bottom Line

Kohl's is one of the best online clothing retailers in the industry, especially when searching for affordable low-end clothing. They do a good job at reaching more consumers and have a good handle on the online paradigm. It is easy to like the interchangeability and sharing of items between the online site and the physical stores around the country. The return process is very easy if you purchase an online item because you can easily return the item to any store, with or without a packing slip. Due to their low prices for big brand items, 53 years of experience, and fantastic return policy we recommend shopping with them online.

Heidi V Las Vegas, NV

If you're looking for a great shopping experience, Kohls is the place for you. Fashionable merchandise, weekly sales, and generous coupons give you more bang for your buck than most of their competitors. My favorite way to shop is online with Kohls. Not looking through racks of clothing to find my size is pure joy. Especially since I wear "tall" clothing. kohls has items you won't find in their brick & mortar stores. Also, for those coupons and sales, Kohls keeps them pinned to my login site. It saves me from cluttering up my desk with excess paper, and saves a tree in the process! Their site lets me pick up my orders in the store or have my purchase shipped to an address of choice. If I'm not happy with my internet purchase. returning it is simple. Use the return paperwork in the shipping envelope, or take it to a local store for a refund. Just an all round great shopping experience.

Stella B Larchmont, NY

I like their clothes but you have to remember that they follow the "fake sales" model. They list a Manufacture suggested retail price, but then put it on "sale". You have to go in asking yourself, is this dress really a $100 dress on sale for $50? Or is it really just a $50 dress? I also like looking at the home stuff - the sales there see more legit.

Bee Endicott, NY

Kohl's is the best for coupon stacking. They have great customer service, and you can use the $5 0ff with the 30% off and you can usually use it on clearance.

Andrea Wheaton, IL

I'm giving Kohl's 4 stars because overall I have a good experience shopping there. Their app is great, drive up pick up is great, and the sales can be amazing. The only drawback is sometimes the quality is questionable. During the holidays, you may never receive the item you ordered, so they have some work to do in that area.

Nell Damascus, MD

Kohls is a great place if you pay attention to the sales. The prices vary so much and change so quickly if you have the time to pay attention you will find really good bargains.

Steve Ashby Portland, OR

I have some great clothes from Kohl's, but I feel like it is very hit and miss... Their sales often do not include name brand products. I like their clearance racks but are usually so disorganized it is painful to look through them; however, it probably depends on the store management. I have a pair of Kohl's brand boots that I really like and got a great deal on. Also, their sportswear products look great! And they can be purchased using the frequent coupons that are offered.

Mary Ella Hardy Charlotte, NC

I personally love the seasonal items from Kohl's. Prices are great.

C. Floberg Tonganoxie, KS

Online experience is amazing! Items are shipped with no damage & have been 100% accurate every time!

CoasterRider Show Low, AZ

Kohls is a favorite of mine especially for clothes shopping. I have great luck in finding styles, colors and sizes I need.

Katrina Breithaupt Lehi, UT

Kohl's has a great variety, they are always clean and have great sales. Their return policy makes things really easy for me if I ever need to switch a size or something. Their clothing items are sometimes overpriced but there are enough coupons, deals, and sales that it makes it easy to find something that I both love and can afford.

Wendy Smullin Logan, UT

Kohl's is a fantastic place to shop online and in store. Their wide range of quality products is incredible. Finding the right home items that are quality has been easy at Kohl's. Their returns are so easy, especially when you order the wrong size!! They carry great brands of clothes giving you what you need from casual to formal.

Scott A. Johnson Orem, UT

Kohl's has a great selection of clothing for men and women. Their selection of dress pants, shirts, and suits is especially good for men. You need to shop their sales or pricing can be high, but they almost always have sales ad additional percent-off coupons to use, especially if you have a Kohl's card. Customer service is good and friendly.

AF ,

I have purchased clothing from Kohls many times, especially for my kids. I will try to stack their coupons and promo codes and usually feel like I get a really good price. However, it's a little sad that some things are included in their coupons and others are not (Nike, Under Armor, etc). I also like the ship to store option -- I don't like paying for shipping.

amycray Bangor, ME

Kohls has great deals and nice products but they tend to bring the prices up in order to provide such good sales

Quen Wilson

Kohl's is the place to go for affordable and high quality products. When I was preparing to serve a two year religious mission, I had to purchase two suits that would last throughout my mission service. I was struggling to find high quality suits that could weather the storm for two year's that fit into my budget. While searching the local dress wear stores around town, I realized that I wasn't gonna be able to purchase two suits within my budget. This lead me to search online for suits and happened upon the Kohl's website. I started looking at their product and liked what I saw. I later headed the local Kohl's store and found two high quality suits for the same price as just one at the local dress wear stores. Needless to say, the suit's lasted the two year's and some. If you're looking for a high quality product for a low price, Kohl's is the place to go.

Conqualla Scott Tallahassee, FL

Overall, Kohls is one of my favorite outlets. However, the website sometimes is hard to use when it comes to finding certain clothing items.

Sicely Lyn Russell Show Low, AZ

I don't have very many clothes from here but I bought a pair of pants once and they were great. They have cute colored jeans there that I would definitely buy.

Mason Allen Pleasant Grove, UT

Every time I go into Kohl's I feel like I am being scammed because there is no way everything is always on sale all the time unless things are just being marked up. I don't like shopping online their either because the shipping is expensive. Of all the times I have gone in, I don't think I have ever bought anything.

Wendy Park City, UT

Kohl's is a great place to do your Christmas shopping. Whether it's clothes for your kids, toys for your nieces or decor for your mom, you can find something for everyone on you list at Kohl's.

Carol Lewis Myrtle Beach, SC

What is better than shopping at Kohl's, Nothing! They have great coupons if you are a card holder and good coupons if you aren't. The clothes selection is great and home products are awesome. My only downside is the shoe selection used to be better.

Patricia Miller Preston, ID

I really enjoy Kohl's selection and quality of products. I can always find what I am looking for there. I have used many of their holiday products at Christmas time to give to neighbors and friends and they always make great gifts. I can find great gifts for my teenage grandsons who love funny T-shirts, my granddaughters who are related to Disney Princesses and my husband who is conservative! There is something for everyone at Kohl's.

Malia Barnes Cheyenne, WY

I shop at Kohl’s about twice a month. The employees always welcome me when I enter the doors. When I’m at the different departments employees come up to me and ask if I need any help. The employees are always so nice and helpful. The bathrooms are always so clean every time I go. I love using their bathrooms for that reason. The customer service is so fast and they are also so friendly. I had an order shipped to Kohl’s so that I didn’t have to pay shipping. I love that they do that so I can save money. I also love their products and they are affordable for my family.

Estefi Arreola Leyva Gilbert, AZ

Kohl's is good store, I have been going to the store for years. I love how the store has different brands you can get there. What is cool about it is that kohl's sells household things, like bed comforters, bed sheet, rugs, towels, pans, etc. Some many things you can get there. I love how the stores sales things to exercise like shoes, bottles, clothing, hats, and headbands. Kohl's also has a Jewelry, candle, and perfume section which is amazing.

Tiffany Phoenix, AZ

The quality of the clothes at Kohl's is wonderful. They also regularly have great sales and promotions on their merchandise. I always feel like I am getting a great deal when I shop here. The staff is helpful and friendly. The stores are clean and organized. I love the variety of merchandise they have. I have been happy with all of my purchases from here.

Sandi Westover Fremont, CA

Kohl's a great place to shop online. And it's easy to make returns to the store. They often mail out 15%, 20% and 30% off coupons. When shopping online you can look for an online coupon and use it. I especially like to use Ebates.com first and then go to Kohl's because Ebates shows the best offers and gives you a rebate. Kohl's also has a point rewards program so by shopping there regularly you can earn bonuses. I can get amazing deals.

[email protected] American Fork, UT

I love shopping at Kohl's! The variety and selection of clothing, bedding, toys, suitcases, shoes, etc. is excellent. I can usually find what I need quite quickly with the help of their employees. If it isn't available they have always helped me with ordering the item on line. They ship your purchase directly to your home within a very reasonable amount of time. If I have to return anything I have purchased there, they have been courteous and friendly. I have always had excellent service with their return center. The quality of their bedding and towels is top notch. Their sales are great and I usually end up buying more due to such great bargains. The only area I have had any problems is in the shoe department. You have to be fast and keep up on their promotions due to the fact everything sells out so fast. Great quality and pricing!

Tami Allen Gilbert, AZ

I love shopping at Kohl's for the entire family, but especially for myself. As a middle aged woman, it's hard sometimes to find stores that carry brands that fit when you can't shop in the Juniors section any longer. Kohl's has several brands that I love, with stylish, well made clothes at an amazing price. I love the JLo brand, Lauren Conrad, Rock & Republic, Juicy Couture, Simply Vera Wang, etc. They make clothes that fit a wide variety of women's bodies, and are true to size. I also love to shop the Kohl's sales racks, as they always have great deals. I love the shoe department as well, with a wide selection of designer shoes at great prices. I usually also shop their home section, and most of my kids and my bedding was bought at Kohl's. They have great quality products that last, but at a decent price. They also offer discounts and promotions when you sign up for their credit card, and I always get a percentage off my products, and Kohl's cash to spend the next time I come. It certainly keeps me coming back for more!

Pekeiydra Williams Tallahassee, FL

I love shopping at Kohl’s I can always find exactly what I need and more. They always have sales and you can find quality clothes, furniture and more at Kohl’s

JDWain Tallahassee, FL

My family loves to shop at Kohl's, we find that they always have good sales and tend to change out their clothes pretty often with the seasons so there is always something new to look at. Plus we love getting our Kohl's Cash back to use.

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

Kohls website is so great and easy to navigate. They have a great selection and are always offering online sales or coupons that can be applied to that purchase. I also like that anything that I order and decide I don't want, I am able to return to a store with no question. The customer service is great and always very helpful. We shop online at Kohls for every member of our family and will continue to do so.

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

I absolutely love shopping at Kohl’s, both in the store and online. Many times I’m able to get a lot of things that I need there, and then you get rewards with Kohl’s cash. And if you don’t want to pay for shipping, you can always have the item shipped to the nearest store to you. It’s a win-win situation

Lois Norwalk, CA

Shopped Kohl's online for the first time. Very impressed. Very happy. Everything shipped quickly & arrived in good shape. Compares to Amazon however with Kohl's i received my Kohl's cash. With the great sales going on I was able to buy a really nice down comforter using my Kohl's cash. Will shop Christmas presents here again next year. Very happy.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

In the small town where I grew up, the ONLY clothing store nearby was a Kohl's. I got started young. :) I seriously feel like they are the unsung hero of clothing stores. They have really cute stuff if you're ready to look around a bit, and they almost always have a sale going on, along with Kohl's-Cash coupons and other sweet side deals.

Janan Grange Pleasant Grove, UT

I am a customer of Kohls.com. I often use their website to find products or to check on sales. My favorite online sale of the year is always the week before Black Friday at Kohls. They often have their shoes online that week and I've gotten great deals before they are on sale at the actual store. I get an email daily from Kohl's sharing their deals and often use their website to check them out.

Edith O'Halloran Englewood, CO

I have enjoyed shopping at Kohl's. I have found the the value and quality of the products that they offer has been good. Sizes and variety are there for everyone from a formal occasion, casual wear, exercise and workout wear. I have been able to furnish my home with draperies, linens, towels. The assortment of Holiday decorations and gifts have always been broad enough to fill any requirement that I have had a need for. The convenience of being able to return Amazons packages, or make returns has been very appreciated. At times it has been a challenge to find someone to assist the customer of the floor to find the right size or color, but when I have needed assistance the people of the floor have been very capable and have been very accommodating and helpful.

J. Whelan Long Beach, MS

I love online shopping with Kohl's. I wear a very average size of clothing and when I'm in the store my size of popular clothing is usually sold out. When I shop online the select is much larger. With a Kohl's account you can tack on many sales, discounts, dollars earned from money spent. I can't believe how far my money goes after I've added all applicable codes and dollar values. the only thing I don't like is that you have to pay for return shipping, but I can take it into the store and return it for free.

Megan A McEvoy Tallahassee, FL

Kohl's is my favorite store during the holidays because I love their Christmas display! My family always buys new ornaments at Kohl's for our Christmas tree. Additionally, I buy a lot of gifts for my parent's birthdays since they have a great selection of clothing at a very reasonable price. I love how they circle how much money you save on the receipt everytime!

Matthew Carbaugh Herndon, VA

I dont think I have ever referenced the Kohl’s website before visting the store. Never have a specific brand that I am looking for whenever I need something from kohls (jeans, bedset, underclothes) so i just compare items in store. Usually an satisified with the price so I feel safe making purchases without first checking other clothing department stores. Their return procedure is clean and quick too.

Amanda Sherwood, OR

Love kohl's! I recently fell in love with Apt. 9 brand that they carry! Super durable and quality clothing! I also love kohl's for their pregnancy clothes selection!! Way cheaper than maternity store for the EXACT SAME clothes! I love their pricing and discounts!! Also now, if you are in store and order online (something not found in store or different size etc.) they will ship to your house for free! Also very easy return!

Brooklyn Bishop Idaho Falls, ID

Kohl’s is a great place to buy clothing. The quality is very nice, and they last for a long time. My only complaint is that the clothing is very pricy.

Christopher Whiting Los Angeles, CA

Great place for affordable clothes. It's a great place to go if you need to fill out a wardrobe on a budget. The website is great and there are always good deals to be had.

Rhonda Eskew Lincoln Somerville, TN

Have ordered many times on the website. Items arrive very fast. Extremely easy to return items to store that don't fit as expected for refund or exchange.

Nicole Sohm Herriman, UT

Love Kohls!!! Every time I go there they give me a coupon if I forgot mine. They have great sales too. Plus now you can do your Amazon returns there and they give you another coupon!

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Great source of online clothing. Great prices and fine selection. The website is very user-friendly and easy to navigate. All retail sites should be this easy to use. Kohl's wins my business by providing a great online shopping experience!

Beverly Schacher Gulfport, MS

I love buying clothes on Kohl's website. It is very convenient that you can return items to the store if neccessary. They always have sales going on and you can use Kohl's cash and coupons.

Cindy Gilbert, AZ

I absolutely love shopping at Kohl's! I shop their frequently and use their app to shop ahead of time for pick up or in my free time. They always have friendly staff around to help.

Nana Asiata Herriman, UT

Kohl's has great quality clothing that are cute too. The discounts are sometimes always hard to find. The price can be a little high for us but the service and help that they give their customers is great.

ousawvh2 Leesburg, VA

If you're looking for good quality products and don't want to pay retail prices I recommend Kohl's. In my opinion you can find some great deals in their clothing and jewelry departments. If you happen to have a Kohl's coupon (20% or 30%) the savings is even greater even on sale items.

Pete Centerville, UT

Kohl's is one of my favorite stores. Their customer service is amazing. I've bought multiple items for family and they always let me return the product if they don't like them or want a different kind.

Sheryl Wilson Salt Lake City, UT

Kohl's definitely has the best sales on their merchandise. I bought 9 suits at Christmas time for under $900 and also got Kohl's cash. The suits were delivered in time for Christmas giving. I bought a comforter set and a vacuum with my Kohl's cash.