JJill Logo

5.5

JJill is a fashion retail store that has been around for a long time. Started in 1959 by husband and wife Karl and Marianne Lipsky, the company was first an American specialty store named after their daughters. Through the years the business has changed into what it is today, which is a premier national retailer of misses, petite, tall and women’s clothing. There are over two hundred and twenty five different retail locations of JJill across the country and the company has also strived to make their online store something loyal customers can find and use worldwide. JJill’s goal is to provide their customer with a stylish, easy, ready for anything wardrobe.

Nike Logo
#2 Nike chevron_right
Target Logo
#3 Target chevron_right

The Good

• Affordable Prices for New Fashion Trends
  • Large Product Selection
  • Easy Return Policy
JJill has been in business for fifty-six years and has gone through extensive processes to find out how to provide their customers with the best benefits possible. The clothing at JJill is marketed for trendy, fashion current women and the prices reflect that. The company offers top of the line clothing created by an in house design team to give customers a feeling of luxury with their purchases. While prices are not for a bargain shopper, the store is reasonably priced for the quality that is offered. Even though the main target market at JJill is women, the website and retail stores all offer a selection of younger apparel as well. The clothing is slightly cheaper than the women's but offers the same easy, career friendly trends. As mentioned, JJill has an in-house design team that is continually creating new collections for the store and the product selection shows that dedication. The clothing is only for women but the website offers specific clothing for misses, petite, tall, as well as a general women's clothing category. They also have a shoes and accessories selection that is loaded with a large selection of merchandise as well. Within each category a drop down menu is located to give shoppers the ability to narrow down their search and find just exactly what they are hunting for on the JJill website. Among the menu items on the website, shoppers can find both a sales selection and an outlet selection. The sales category will lead customers to discounted merchandise and the outlet option leads customers to a selection of clothing that is sold through JJill outlet stores, also at a discounted price. This makes finding a bargain at JJill easy for any loyal or new customers. The return policy at JJill is very customer friendly. They accept returns up to ninety days from the original purchase and they send a return label to use inside all merchandise shipping. However, although this is a prepaid postage label the price for returning any merchandise is deducted from the return credit given back to the customer. This is called their return-processing fee and is charged on all returned items. The company allows customers who have made purchases online or through their catalog to return products to their retail locations so long as the customer has a recipe in hand.

The Bad

• No Shipping Benefits
  • Few Promotions
Even long standing fashion companies such as JJill aren't perfect. Below are a few things that many consumers will find not appealing. With a company as large as JJill, customers would expect to find a deal for shopping online and purchasing large amounts of merchandise through the website. However, JJill is one of the few companies that offer no benefits to customers for shopping online. Their shipping charges, while not huge, are still inconvenient for online shoppers. Any amount of purchased material will have an attached shipping fee and all international orders have a fee charged on top of the shipping. Customers can select to get merchandise quicker by paying a larger shipping fee, or stick to the standard four to seven day deliveries. The highest amount a customer will pay for shipping in the United States is twenty dollars and that is only on orders of two hundred dollars or more. The lowest is six dollars for any purchases totaling thirty dollars or less. While these fees are not large dollar amounts, they are still inconvenient and not expectant of a large store like JJill. Another inconvenience online shoppers will notice at the JJill website is a lack of promotions. On the homepage, a large fifty percent off for a summer sale will first catch customer's eyes. Unfortunately, the link will only lead to the sales section of the store. No other discount promotions can be found on the homepage leaving customer's only option for bargain hunting in the sales and outlet categories on the JJill website.

The Bottom Line

JJill offers fashionable women's clothing at reasonable prices that have an elegant, easy, and ready for anything style about them. They have been in business a long time and have a fantastic customer service department that can help any returning or new customers with questions or concerns about their store. JJill makes it easy for customers to return products at any of their two hundred and twenty five locations or through the mail. The company offers a large variety of product selection and has an in-house design team that is continually creating new products for their customers. They do however, not offer any free shipping for online purchases and don't offer many promotions through the JJill website. With options across the country to shop at a retail location, these inconveniences are over-shadowed by the many benefits for shopping with JJill.

2.2

Elizabeth F Hayes Stuarts Draft, VA

I discovered J. Jill two years ago. I love the styles and fabrics of the clothes and also the fact that some of the styles look nice and are available in women's sizes. J. Jill incorporates new designs with some basics that you can always depend on. The website is the best I have found in online shopping. Excellent layout and easy to see. I have encountered wonderful employees of J Jill at the stores and online with customer service. Also I have always received my orders in a timely manner and are easy to track. Finally I have never had any problems with returns. I have stopped shopping at other stores because I found what I need at J. Jill. Classic colors and styling. By the way the new fit and go clothing is great for traveling.

Karen Canty Nahant, MA

Gee, I cannot identify with some of the negative reviews. I shop almost exclusively at JJill and have had only a few issues. The three quarter sleeves do shrink even air dried. I bought 3 and all we’re useless. One waffle weave top material was extremely thin. But all other purchases have been loved and washed gently and held up for years. Still purchasing and happy. Only wish the latest collection wasn’t so bland with a lot of browns. That’s not a flattering color on many women. I hope the beautiful blues, acquas and sea green s return! I am ready to refresh my wardrobe so Hope colors are more upbeat! I do love JJill and would not know what to do without it!

bobbikob Syracuse, NY

For me, JJill has the best selection of comfortable, fashionable pieces in my area of CNY at a reasonable price when on sale and sales are very frequent. You would rarely have to pay full price since they send daily offers to cardholders or at your request. If you live near a JJill store it's easy. I go to the store once a month to check out colors and sizes and as soon as sales are offered, quickly order. Special shipping offers are sent to regular customers. If you return items to the store they will re-order what you want with no shipping charge and send to your home. The Wearever Collection is always a go to for me since the items are usually made of wrinkle free, very soft rayon, spandex or similar fabrics with several colors to choose from including coordinating tops, pants, skirts, jackets, scarves, etc. Always have basic black available. Shipping is free if you spend over a certain amount. I usually receive orders within a wk. Customer service can't be beat. If you want an item not in stock you can call another store listed on-line and if it's in the store it will be sent to you free of charge. They definitely go the extra mile to please their customers. Returns are no problem. Always save my receipt.

Jody Northridge, CA

I have shopped with J.Jill since their first store opened years ago. I have found the styles changed a lot over time. I still shop there and yes also noticed a change in their quality. I am more selective now and still find things I love. I am 65 and still love youthful, classic clothes and do find them at J.Jill still. I think their windows are unattractive most of the time and wish they were more appealing. I look forward to the new catalog every month and usually find a few pieces to buy. Some months I don’t buy if nothing looks good to me. I am always greeted warmly in their stores. I have been treated very well on line especially when an item didn’t get delivered to me. I have a terrible mail person. I called customer service after three days and they were so nice over the phone and promptly credited my account and also credited my shipping cost. I wish they would continue to have less boxy items in the mix. I may be 65 but I still want youthful, classic pieces. I do love that they always seem to have colors I like in neutrals like black, white, gray, charcoal and tan. Overall I am still happy very happy with J. Jill as they do listen to their customers and have come out with things that I have suggested to them. I have messaged them from time to time on Facebook and they do listen. The rate stores are closing as more people shop online I am hoping J.Jill stays around for a long time. I am in the stores doing my part to buy directly and not shop as much on line.

Carol Chicago, IL

The main review was inaccurate when they said J. Jill has no promotions or shipping benefits. I just ordered 7 items from the September collection and received 30% off everything and free shipping since my order was more than $250. This promotion was not offered immediately. The collection had been posted for a couple of weeks before the promotion was offered. My main issue with J. Jill is that the size chart is not accurate. According to the size chart, I should be a Small Petite, but I am an Extra Small Petite, even though I am normally a size 6. I would say there is really nothing here for a size 0 or 2. All of the clothes would be too big. The clothes are beautiful and a good quality.

Jo Rinkema Spring Grove, IL

I have only received one item from them that I was unhappy with - velvet ankle pants. They were cut too short and were baggy. On the other hand, my closet is probably 90% JJill. They always have a discount or sale so I rarely pay full price. I have never received items sewn incorrectly nor have I had an item pill or develop holes. I wash everything on a delicate cycle with a mild detergent and hang to drive. Most of the time a wrinkle release spray is all that is needed.

Meg Curtis Franklin, TN

I have totally redone my wardrobe with JJill pieces. The items are timeless and well constructed. I have even purchased some items in different colors. I find the sales very reasonable and allow me to fine tune my pieces. For the first time, I feel I have what I need in my closet. Contentment is a good thing. I love JJill and my recent purchase of the long herringbone jacket was the icing on the cake!

HollyG Ennis, MT

Aside from the fact that many of these negative reviewers are illiterate and can't spell or construct a sentence, I love J. Jill. Their sizing, however, has gone a bit rogue. In the past, I used to fit into a medium for all of their clothing. Now, sizing is inconsistent and it's hit or miss. Also, the designers in the past used to have more of an "artisan" flair and produced clothing that were flattering, feminine and unique. You wouldn't see yourself coming and going. Now, it seems as though the designs are "flat" and more pedestrian. I have J. Jill clothing from 20 years ago. They are well made and the designs are so unusual, I'll probably be keeping them until they wear out.

Joy Stone Panorama City, CA

I love J. Jill and have shopped online with them for at least 10 years. I love the basic build upon colors J Jull offers. Customer service is usually friendly and helpful. My 2 complaints with J Jill arw the following : 1. Why not carry plus-sized clothes in your stores? You carry them in your catalog. Far ahaming is not cool 2.I made a request for an item that J Jill carried fot one season. It was a 100% cashmere anorak. The color choices were black or red. I though that they were very expensive but now I wisj I purchased 10 in each color. Simply magnificent. I tried to find out if they would carry more and if theu would be in different colors. I emsiles, phoned and I nener heard back. I would have assumed the company would be interested that a customer loved an item. If you are listening J JillI need that anorak in camel, grey and black

Edith O'Halloran Englewood, CO

J Jill staff is welcoming and acknowledge customers when they enter the store. The sales staff is knowledgable as to what is available in the store. They are great at assisting customers for find just the right accessory to compliment not just the apparel but also the customers. J Jills staff does not pressure smother their customers. They approach each person in a helpful manner and are there to assist and make your visit as pleasant as possible. The Return Policies have been fair and simple. J Jill have good quality and service for all of their customers. If the item is not on hand they will notify the customer when it arrives.

Marty Austin, TX

I've shopped at JJill for years. My closet is 90% JJill. In the past 3 or 4 years their quality has been going down hill. They have fewer and fewer 100% cotton items. Their styles are not flattering. Big and baggy. Their sizing has gotten larger. I've worn a size small for 8 years and they now hang like a sack on me. I shop online frequently, and shipping is expensive and slow. It takes 8 to 10 days to receive an order. My days of shopping JJill are waning. My last, and most important, complaint is most of their clothes are now made in China. I'm afraid my days of shopping JJill are coming to a close.

Erin MacDonnell

I have always had a positive experience at this store and I have shopped in different states. Their clothes are a bit pricey, but they have great sales. I do wish that every item they carry was eligible for the sales they offer.

sophie Towson, MD

I have worn Jjill clothing for a number of years and have always enjoyed their style, fit, and pricing. However, I have found their sizing to be changing. The clothing is now without shape and often off in sizing. I recently purchased on line several tunics which were wonderful until I put them on. Only one of them fit and even that one lacks shape. The size was extra small petite. I am a size 6 or 8, so why is it that a small petite from JJill was still a bit big? The quality of the clothing is also a hit or miss, sometimes well made with quality fabric and other times too thin. Having said all this, I still love JJill......only wish they return to their former self! I have found their customer service whether on-line or in- store to be 5 stars as well as their return policy!!

Doreen Walker Blue Bell, PA

I visited the Warrington, PA store tonight. A great sale was going on - 30% off. The two workers in the store - Pam and Patrice, were wonderful. I had bought the jean (capri length) this summer and I had to go back for the full length jeans. I will visit this store again and again. Thank you!

Cheryl Yamamoto Waipahu, HI

Jjill used to be my go to online store for comfortable, well made clothing with reasonable style, excellent fabrics and great colors. I still have clothes I bought from them 20 years ago in great shape. My issue is with the sizing inconsistencies. My weight has fluctuated pretty wildly over the years from severe thyroid issues to all kinds of serious health problems--weight-wise, probably up & down 60-80 lbs. So I've bought clothes in regular, plus & occasionally tall. For casual, lounging and work. Always no problem until the last few years. Now you might get armholes so big you can put your head thru. Or you might get a 2x top that's smaller than every Large top bought 10 years ago. Some items are fine, but many are not And I don't have the option of returning items directly to a store or trying on in advance here in Hawaii. I agree with others, that the prices are too high for this kind of quality control. Isn't anyone trying styles on first, and checking them in the factory??

Marilyn Los Angeles, CA

Shopped JJill online since they opened. Quality and customer service have diminished. Today sought to take advantage of a promo that promised 30% discount and free shipping on orders over $125. Online was given 30% off but not free shipping. Live chat feature not working, called and waited for a live person. Once I got a representative I said I ordered more than $125 to take advantage of the offer but no free shipping credit. She repeated twice that the order needed to be above $125 and then put me on hold. Apparently the order became less than $125 when the discount was applied, so no free shipping. Buyer beware!

Denise Ciofani Wallburg, NC

I love the quality of J.Jill clothing and that I can find tall sizes! I have always gotten excellent service from J.Jill. I can go to the retail store and try on the clothing to find the right size in misses, which sometimes fit without me ordering a tall size, and other times I decide I need a tall size for a long sleeve or pants and they will even order it for me in the store to be delivered to my house!!

Betsy McCloskey Dubuque, IA

I have been a customer for years. Cancelled by my card due to poor delivery services and weeks to get a refund. I did not get a statement so called in to pay my bill via phone. I have never missed a payment and was billed $9.00 to pay them by phone. This is a scam. Wow. I will NEVER shop here again. Chico's it is.

Jilld Missoula, MT

Jjill USED to be a good company with good quality merchandise, although expensive. But the company has changed. I was wondering why and then discovered that in 2017 it went public. Since then the bottom line must be end goal instead of quality merchandise. One would not ever consider ordering anything from this company unless it were on sale and had very high ratings because the merchandise just does not contain the quality it used to. Shortcuts are taken such as tacking waistbands every six inches instead of sewing around the whole waist. The fabric are dismal one would think they're only trying to get by instead of presenting the customer with a product that they can use year after year. It just isn't worth the expense of returning an item to even order it in the first place. They used to have models in their catalogs that had been with them for several seasons now they have new ones. One can only wonder how they are to work with as a public company. I cannot recommend this company any longer even though I truly enjoyed their products for many years. When note: with all the problems the world is having today companies need to not take a throw-away mentality. We must have good quality merchandise that we can reuse and recycle. This company is not thinking in that direction at all.

Patty Bloomfield Hills, MI

All of a sudden it seems that J Jill has lost it's direction. I don't think they have a grasp of their customer and have decided that bland, collarless clothing is universally flattering. They had a unique cut by adding a slight a line to their basic tops so they fit many customers and were flattering. In the last few new collections the most basic tops are now narrower and not attractive if you have more than a skinny body. Too bad to see a store that offered nice, flattering basics go bland and unimaginative. Someone needs to re-evaluate the concept of what looks flattering on their customer. Just because a designer decides that a change in the hemline is new and fresh - is it really flattering? Different for the sake of different isn't always the answer. Randomly pick an item on the website and look at the average age of the reviewers. We're not young, but we're not ready for rocking chairs either!! Go back to the basic designs that are really flattering - not just off sacks of clothing.

BJ Larsen Tulsa, OK

I started shopping here in 2017 as work attire had become casual with leggings and tunics now approved. For 1.5 years I have enjoyed what I have purchased. In the last - oh 6 -8 months several changes lead me to search elsewhere. #1. my mother and I both purchased casual costume necklaces to go with tunics. Both broke, just snapped. Upon taking the first back to JJill there was only a response of "sorry, out of stock" no offer to replace with something else. Poor quality for broken items should be replaced #2. Quality is WAYYY down. The cotton and cotton blends - heck I'll go to Target/WallyWorld and find the same quality. #3. (I wear petite) Sizes are off. S is too small and M is too big. I agree with a previous post that some are just 'baggy'; to me some look like maternity tops (I even emailed JJill about this) . It is a pity because if they do not return to previous quality, improved styles/patterns, sizes they will lose more customers.

Conniebird Albuquerque, NM

This store seems to have run its course. Customer service, in particular, has become poor. My recent experience was unhappy; after ordering one item on December 18, it never arrived. That has not stopped Comenity (the J Jill store card) from billing me for it. Upon contacting Comenity, I was told to take it up with J Jill. Apparently, the two entities do not communicate. After being told today via phone that my order was officially lost, I tried to contact J Jill again to ensure that the charges were removed. Links to on line chat and e-mail do not function. Perhaps it is something within my computer settings? In addition to the problems with receiving goods and billings, I am finding that the quality of goods has slipped, too. I have been a faithful customer for decades, but the thrill is gone.

Michele Voorhees Township, NJ

I have noticed a decrease in the quality of merchandise. I have some shirts that I bought a long time ago and have held up well . My newer cotton shirts have developed small holes after brief periods of time. I am no longer going to buy shirts from jjill until they address and correct the problem. I can’t be the only customer who has seen this problem.

Sher Loves Park, IL

This last two years I decided to try JJill. I’ve been a Chico’s loyalist for decades. I honestly can say the only item I’ve loved is the linen dress from summer 2017. I bought it in 5 colors! The only other marginally acceptable product was their perfect prima side vent t-neck. Every. Other. Item. Was. Awful. I’ve spent $80 for a sweater that faded and developed holes after a few washings. Their quality in much lower than average from any other store. I was applauded. Because of my success of the linen dress there I continued to try other products. A waste of time and money. After one season of wear the products earn a place in the rag bag. I was shocked. No thank you JJill. I must have missed your glory years!!!

Nan Ellicott City, MD

I have worn almost exclusively JJill clothing for the past several years. However, two things are changing that. First, the fabrics being used now absorb stains immediately which quickly become permanent, and even when I wash the clothes on “Delicates” wash using laundry soap especially for delicates and hang them to dry, they end up limp, hardly like the garments when purchased. Second, the bank, Comenity, which issues the jjill credit card has phone personnel that seem to lack any knowledge of the accounts! They know a few standard sentences and that is all. Oddly, they seem to sound like teenagers! It is not a matter of not speaking English well; they simply do not seem to know what to say. In conclusion, I am sorry to say that this is the second women’s clothing retailer letting us down. When Coldwater Creek was a catalog and online retailer, I could count on the quality of their items and the uniqueness of their garments, always something a little different and nice. When Coldwater Creek opened their stores, their quality and style sharply declined. The fabrics were less substantial and the same styles were in stock all the time with just variations in colors by the season. When the stores closed, I tried a few items from the revamped catalog but the quality had not returned. I think I will have to go back to sewing my own clothes!

Sharon

I have been a j jill customer for over 10 years and I agree with many of the reviewer's comments, there has been steady decline in quality and design. However, the pricing remains high. I have a favorite 8 year old light jacket I bring out every fall, it still has great shape, no pilling or fading. The product j jill offers now is so inferior, I am no longer a customer. Over the last few years the sizing is never the same, the materials are cheaper, wash horribly and fade. By the end of summer, the black T shirts are so faded they look cheap and old. The leggings I bought 5 years ago are in better shape than the pair I bought this year. The T shirt I purchased from TJ Max for $16.99 is still looking good compared to the $30.+ from j jill.

Mary

I used to adore J. Jill clothing because of the soft, flowing fabrics, the feminine drape and the interesting/unusual pieces not available anywhere else. I could purchase a piece or two and keep it for years because of the quality of fabrics/workmanship and timelessness of the design. Not so much anymore... Over time, their vanity sizing has gone bonkers (I'm 5'7, 130 lbs and wear a size 6 in most clothing lines; however, at J. Jill, I'm now a size XS in tops and range from an XS/ 2 - 6 in bottoms - this does not inspire confidence when ordering online) and their clothing has gone from feminine to frumpy. The cut on most shirts and dresses is boxy and loose - no darts, no shaping, nothing to help a woman look or feel feminine. Worse, I fall into the "Tall" category in most of their clothing; however, cannot get my size (that pesky XS or a size 2) in a Tall size. I have to choose between a garment that fits at the waist/hip or sleeves that reach my wrists/pants that cover my ankles. They seem to have a love affair with all things 3/4 sleeved, which makes my already long arms look freakish... Worse, the fabrics shrink like crazy. I have to hand wash and line-dry every article (including t-shirts), as the sleeves and hems shrink considerably even if tumbled dry on a low setting. Few things are worse than splurging on an expensive item only to have it ruined after one wash. I still do find some pieces that I like (their full-leg pants are fantastic!) but the pricing, especially in light of quality issues, keeps me from buying much. **I do take issue with the description that this company offers "affordable" clothing. Certainly, if compared to high-end designers, it would be; however, the term "affordable" generally refers to vendors offering substantially lower prices than, say, Macy's or Land's End. Perhaps if they offered better promotions they could be lumped into that category; however, I would never describe them as "affordable". Maybe on the upper range of affordability?**

Cindy Hermann

Terrific quality, excellent customer service, and YES they have great sales! You have to sign up for email and FB notifications! 40%off on sale and regular priced items! My closet is full of these clothes.

Arianna Amesbury, MA

Used to be my fave store, but quality is now terrible and prices outrageous. They're just coasting on their brand image. I'm not spending $39 and up for a thin, sheer, fragile t-shirt that says "cold water, delicate cycle, reshape and dry flat" and then has to be ironed -- and may STILL get ruined in spite of all that fussy care! I can get much nicer tees at Wallyworld for $5 and throw them in the washer and dryer. And what's worse, the designs and colors at J. Jill lately are just hideous. The dresses are more shapeless and maternity-ish than ever, and now are too short besides. Makes me really sad!

Tiny

All of the clothing has the same shape and colors. If you're looking for variation in your wardrobe this is not the store to shop. Plus and I stress this ladies do not check your gift card balance with the 1 800 number. Twice I checked 2 different cards and was told there was a balance and 10 minutes later my balance mysteriously disappeared. Very shady customer service reps.

Conniebird Albuquerque, NM

At present, waiting for an order placed on December 18. Still not here. Fedex tracking has placed it in Memphis for weeks. The real problem is, none of the "contact us" links on the J Jill web site work. I am being billed for this purchase; it'd be better if the item had actually been delivered. Shipping is way, way slower than it used to be, customer service not reachable, by e-mail or chat, anyway. A post script: J Jill did credit my account, for which I am grateful. That means at least two fewer calls to make.

vicki Minneapolis, MN

Several days before Christmas I spent over 15 minutes in your store at the Gallera in Edina. I was the only customer in the store the entire time. There were 4 clerks, two were near the front talking to each other about their personal lives the other two were near the desk. I chose some clothes to try on and did so. Not one clerk even said hello or acknowldged my presence. I finally confronted them about their ignoring me. I then left and went into a near by store that was filled with customers there I was greeted by 4 sales people within the first couple of minutes I was there. You can bet were I choose to spend my money.

Marilyn Myers Milton, MA

I have happily shopped at J Jill for years. But that may be about to change. My last visit to the store resulted in no purchases and I left in a state of shock. Everything in the store was dumpy, shapeless and dull. The sizes seem to have gotten larger. Many plus sizes are available which is good if that’s what you need. But now the whole store feels like Lane Bryant! Yuck! Just read the CEO has come from there. Not sure frumpy is a look that will catch on. Very unattractive clothes now. And quality is in decline.

Carol Portland, OR

I made an in-store catalog purchase a month ago and thought it would be fine since I have made catolog purchases from them before with success. The shipping was always slow, but at least I got the item on past shipments. This time, they sent it to the wrong address and it was returned to J.Jill. They charged my credit card for the full amount and did not credit it back. I responded to the email from J.Jill that informed me of what had happened, but they only responded that the item was no longer availale. I was shocked to see that the charge was still on my card and had not been credited back. I called customer service today, a month later and the person said the amount was being credited to my account today. Amazing coincedence that I called to inform them that I was making a fraud claim against them with my bank. Unbelieveable - they made no attempt to correct their mistake in sending it to the wrong address, made no attempt to get me the item or even an apology, but they did charge me for an item I never received and kept the money for a month until I called them on it. . This aside, they rarely have merchandise in stock and catalog shipping has always been about 14 days out. Other vendors I deal with ship promtly, thank you for the purchase, and immediately correct any errors. My guess is that J. Jill will be out of business in the near future. Sadly, I will not be shopping at J. Jill - in-store or catalog and advise caution in dealing with such a disreputable company.

Lori McCuen Jacksonville Beach, FL

I have enjoyed shopping at J. Jill. I have been pleased with the clothing I have purchased and had every intention to continue shopping with J. Jill. However the extreme rudeness of Comenity Bank Customer Service team has led to me to close my account, resolve to never step foot into a J. Jill store again and to advise everyone to do the same. I have never in my 55 years of personal and/or professional business been treated to that level of rudeness. This experience extended thru several levels of "supervisory personnel" and I am still somewhat in shock at the comments that were made to me as I sought to simply gain information on my own account.

Janet Madden Santa Monica, CA

Too bad my best option was one star. I'd like to deduct a few. I opened an account, never received a bill and have spent several days trying to pay account and close account forever. Rude, rude, rude rep on phone (after several hours of trying to speak with someone---I was told I should "partner with my local post office" to discover why I never received a bill for this newly-opened account. The in store salesperson essentially shouted at me when I went to the store with my checkbook to try to pay the account and told me that I would need to speak with someone on the phone. What a nightmare! Done with this company forever.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

I like shopping at JJill because I can easily find what I want to get without any trouble, however I have only purchased one item. It was very good quality but also very expensive!

Corinne Gasper Galena, OH

In your Polaris store in Columbus Ohio, Sherry (probably a fake name) was very rude. I had to return a defective piece of jewelry. I did not bring my receipt as it was charged on my J .Jill card. She made a big deal about it, told me to look it up myself and said she couldn't find it on my charge. They are friendly when you are buying, but rude when you have a return. This has happened before by the same person. As I was leaving after she finally gave me my refund, she made a rude comment to the the other salesperson as I left. I will never shop at J.Jill again. This location has big issues with its staff.

JaniceA Kinderhook, NY

I purchased several hundred dollars of merchandise to give as gifts for Christmas. My online ship to was to be sent to my NY address and the order indicates that. They instead sent the entire order to my former address in another state. The tracking # shows the goods being delivered to my old address. They made the mistake but want me to contact the post office gave me a number to call and washed their hands of this mess they created. Ever try to call a post office at Christmas? Now even if I do get the merchandise back it will be too late to box wrap and send it out as gifts. All because some incompetent moron in their shipping dept doesn’t know how to read an order! I will now have to return the entire order and probably be charged for returning it all. I have been a loyal customer for several years and never had a company push off their mistakes onto a customer.

Cristi Martinsville, IN

I have been a J Jill customer since 1997, and I echo the reviews here. I do love their jewelry, and check in on their website every once in awhile to see what's new there. Their clothes used to be unique, "artsy" and high-quality. I REFUSE to buy any more of their clothing, especially the "Wherever" line, as it used to be smooth, and had a wonderful drape, and now just pills pills pills.. Their prices are outrageous. I NEVER purchase from J Jill without using some kind of a promo code. I've been hoping that some day they'll return to their roots. Until then, I'll stick with the jewelry, and only at a discount.

Judy M Wischkaemper Folsom, LA

I have been a long-time buyer of JJill's elliptical t-shirts. I love the swing, the length, the colors. Unfortunately, the quality of the material has drastically changed. At first I thought the many holes that started appearing on the front near the waist was due to my seat belt , perhaps, rubbing on the shirt? I never tuck them in or wear jeans with big buttons that the shirt may rub against. I kept buying them, relegating the "holy" ones for yardwork days. Finally, after several years of being in denial, I have stopped buying them. The holes were appearing quicker and quicker. Please note that I always, and I mean always, hung them to dry after washing.....no dryer! As friends pointed out, non of my other tops did this....So, While I love the design of this top from JJill. I have to stop buying them. Maybe that's one reason JJill removed reviews from their website.

Debbie GA

I've ordered twice from J Jill and I am very dissatisfied with the quality of the merchandise I have received. Also, the prices are not really what I would classify as affordable. If I spend $65 on sale for a button front tunic I expect it to be of decent fabric that will last a couple of seasons. Instead after an hour of wearing it looks like I just pulled it out of a dryer that had been off for an hour. Totally wrinkled and embarrassing to wear. $29 on sale for a pair of leggings that look like they will have some substance in the catalog and when I put them on I could see my legs through the fabric it was so thin. Also, I had to make sure I didn't have them on backwards because the front of them were at least 6" higher than the back. Won't shop here again, I can get better quality for a lot less money at many other stores, including Target & Walmart.

Merrilee

First, I disagree about J.Jill's pricing being affordable. I think they are quite pricey, so have rarely made purchases unless on sale. A simple t-shirt for $39, or a printed t for $49 that is lesser quality than a $7 White Stag or Route 66 t-shirt from Walmart? The items are beautiful in their catalogs, and the pricing would suggest a quality you can count on. But almost without exception, the clothes I received have been cut wrong, twisted seams, and overall poor quality. After numerous purchases from J.Jill I will resist the temptation of their beautiful photos from now on. I work hard for my money, and no sale price is worth clothing that is poorly made, and an embarrassment to wear.

Jane Doe

Returned an online order to a retail store. I found one of the return items in the correct size and purchased it along with a few more items, and was convinced to get their credit card to receive a discount. When I looked at the paperwork at home, she had charged me full price for the item and it should have been an even exchange. They either do not train their employees, hire idiots or do this on pupose for profits. Customer service at the 800 number was very nice, returned my original shipping fees. Eventually returned every item except one and should have returned it. J Jill's quality hasn't declined as much as other retaliers but it's still unacceptable to me.

Debs Harlan WA

Rec'd 2 pairs of yoyr slim leg pants - not a bug fan of the new waist band but more important can not stand the heavier fabric - whats with this - I fell like I am wearing a pair of ski pants like when I was a kid - too heavy and uncomfortable - talked to your cust svc - they were no help - you shd at least come out with a lighter knit for spring & summer - this fabric you have is no heavy - very disappointed - next time I will look closer to the fabric description when ordering & I would have returned but I let this sit in the box too long before opening it - sadly you have list my business

H Moore Lehi, UT

Shopping online at J Jill is great because they'll have a picture of a blouse and show different outfits to wear it with. I love their simple and pretty clothing. Great quality too.

Beverly Paramus, NJ

I used to shop almost exclusively at J Jill. The clothing was expensive but the quality, originality and attention to detail was worth it. I would receive a catalog and earmark more than half the pages for purchase. No longer. Since going public, everything I loved about J Jill has been abandoned. And it really saddens me. Now if I purchase one item a quarter it's a lot. Your stock price has plummeted. No surprise. Go back to the styling and quality that made the company and maybe you'll keep yourself out of bankruptcy. It's not rocket science!

Jeanne Fort Lauderdale, FL

I used to like JJILL a great deal. Was in a store today - Pembroke Lakes in South Florida. I usually buy several items per visit but not recently. Ugly, dull fashions. Old lady styles. What a shame. Who is designing these ugly items? Retail is cutthroat. Jjill may not be around much longer. Never had a negative experience with any personnel in store or online but those drab colors and designs are unflattering. Some purples would be great. Moss green? I’ll pass. Too much linen.

kim osburn

I was excited to find a dressy, causal, comfortable look for work, but these clothes are very poor quality. I am very particular about the way I wash my garments. Inside out, woolite, separate from other articles. Exactly, the way the instructions advise on the tag. I spent over 1,000 dollar around Christmas, going for a new casual look for work. Almost every article, after first wear has worn like cheap crap clothes. Soooo unhappy with the quality of this line. Will never shop there again.

Sheryl Carll

I am afraid JJill is not going to be in business much longer. They have closed all of the stores near me, they have very little variety in stock when you can find a store, and their sizing is all over the place. One pair of slacks fit in a size 14 and another style is a size 16. Online shipping charges are outrageous and they send your purchase by turtle, I swear. I have had three promised delivery dates for my most recent order, the first being five days ago. Unbelievable!!!