Jane

6.6

LAST UPDATED: June 1st, 2020

Jane.com is a fresh take on online boutique shopping. They are a marketplace featuring the latest in women's fashion trends, home décor, and children's clothing. The company started in 2011 and has quickly become a popular place for online sellers as well as brick and mortar stores to showcase their boutique creations for an eager audience. Now headquartered in Lehi Utah, Jane.com works closely with both their customers as well as the sellers of their merchandise. Clothing boutiques, as well as any clothing company, has the opportunity to partner with Jane.com. Anyone interested in selling items on Jane.com can contact the company directly and grow their business in ways they could not imagine as Jane.com does the hard work of marketing and selling the products.

Nike Logo
#2 Nike chevron_right
Target Logo
#3 Target chevron_right

The Good

• Great prices
  • Lots of promotions
  • Huge product selection
  • Great shipping and handling deals

As a unique online business, Jane.com offers their customers things other online boutiques don't. The prices of the boutique items on Jane.com are hard to beat. They market their items as very affordable for everyone and most merchandise is under thirty dollars. All items are featured showing the original retail price, as well as the discounted price that Jane.com is asking, ensuring customers they are getting a great deal on their favorite boutique merchandise. Most items are marked down quite a bit, making Jane.com a great place to find boutique treasures that some customers might otherwise not be able to afford. Though Jane.com proclaims to be "providing the most high-end products", they will rival any cheap boutique clothing market with its low prices.

Another great benefit of Jane.com is the number of promotions found on their home page of their website. When first visiting the site, customers will be able to find many deals and discounts right off the bat without having to search too hard or long. As mentioned before, all items are featured on the website with the original retail price, making each item a discount. Jane.com also has a new deals section on the site where customers can find newly featured products at great prices. In addition to the sales and discounts, Jane.com also works very closely on their social media presence and is known for having free giveaways of their products for their social media followers. Customers may also find their way to the giveaway page on the website, where it seems they host a new giveaway contest with different product or company each week.

Wheather you are looking to find and wear a dress, pants, ruffle pants, leggings, ruffled leggings, workout clothes, flutter sleeves, or a ski jacket, the product selection at Jane.com seems endless. Customers can find just about anything in women's clothing in all kinds of variations and fabric to mix and match the perfect outfit. Not only does the company sell unique boutique clothing but they also sell a collection of home décor, accessories, boys and girl's clothes, baby clothing, and shoes. The website also has a miscellaneous section where customers can find an array of merchandise. Anything from cell phone chargers to men's beard oil can be found in this section of the store and of course, all of it is featured at discount prices.

Working exclusively as an online company, one of the things customers should closely look at before buying merchandise is the shipping and handling procedure. Jane.com makes sure to take care of their customers in this department. The company has a flat rate shipping and handling policy, which features a four dollar and ninety-nine cents shipping fee for the first item purchased, and dollar price drop for each additional item making the shipping three dollars and ninety-nine cents. Each item must be charged separate shipping because of where Jane.com gets each of their products. Each item is sold from a different boutique vendor, so each item must be shipped separately. Although this shipping is cheaper than other online stores, the cost could potentially add up if a customer wanted to purchase multiple items through Jane.com. In addition to the rising shipping price, Jane.com also only ships inside the United States. Although they hope to one day expand their shipping capabilities to worldwide, Jane.com has no such plans in the near future.

The Bad

• People serviced
  • Return policy

Like all companies, there are things Jane.com could improve to become a better online business. Although Jane.com has a large product selection the only clothing, like many other online boutiques, is marketed for women and women's clothes specifically. Jane.com does offer children and baby clothing, but they are lacking a men's department. This limits their ability to sell to a wider range of customers and could greatly benefit the company if they expanded their product selection to both men and women. As stated before, Jane.com is unique in their operations as they sell other boutiques clothing and merchandise. Jane.com is a marketplace for boutiques instead of an individual retailer store. This provides them with many benefits that they are able to pass on to their customers.

Their return policy, however, is not one of those benefits. The company runs into a problem by selling products from so many different vendors, that they are not able to provide returns for any merchandise sold on their site. Their return policy clearly states that all sales are final. However, because of their excellent customer service, Jane.com does provide an email address where customers can directly contact them with any questions or concerns. The return policy also states that if a customer contacts them through the email within fourteen days of the original receipt they will work with the customer in finding the best option to make them a satisfied shopper.

The Bottom Line

Jane.com has found a unique niche in the online boutique business. They are a marketplace for online boutiques and are able to provide their customers with a large product selection that includes men and women's clothing, children's clothing, accessories, and home décor. Their website features great prices on their products with most items being under thirty dollars as well as numerous promotions that are featured daily on their homepage. However, Jane.com does have a strict no return policy and their customer service may not be quick to respond. They have a great, lost cost shipping and handling policy, and are quickly become a favorite site to online shoppers throughout the United States.

3.6

Nicole McIntosh McKinney, TX

I absolutely love Jane as a company to purchase from and work with! As an influencer, I have worked with Jane numerous time on the marketing front and they have been nothing but prompt and professional. As far as their clothing/shipping goes, everything is amazing quality and arrives very quickly! I could not recommend shopping from their site more!

Katie Hernandez Castaic, CA

I have been using Jane now for about a year, and they are such an awesome site! They have tons of stuff, perfect for gifting, or stuff for our home. My favorite are the custom items; you can get just about anything made as a unique gift idea, from watercolor paintings of your first home to the constellations in the night sky the day of your wedding. I love giving thoughtful, memorable gifts, and Jane is such a great way to make that happen. They have tons of flash sales and free shipping on lots of items, so there is sure to be something for everyone on your list. Highly recommend!

Debra Mabelvale, AR

I had ordered 5 Bella brand T-shirts for a country festival I am going to next June when I came upon the reviews. I was honestly a little scared if I would receive them in a timely manner and if the quality would be good. After reading the reviews I sent a message to Jane to inquire when I could expect them and they immediately responded. The shirts arrived exactly on the date they told me and they are exactly like the pictures showed so I am a very happy customer and would definitely use them again!

Reply from Jane

Hi Debra! We are so happy to hear you like Jane!

Sep. 20th, 2019

take7 Sandy, UT

They need free shipping but they bring all the boutiques to one place for one stop shopping for clothes and at a cheaper price. It's nice to see the options and sizes all at once. I've never had a problem with ordering clothes thru Jane but sometimes the sizing is off and not as pictured in their pictures. I like to go off reviews on the site for clothing. They try to give good sizing descriptions. My favorite buys of clothing here are cardigans and dresses.

Reply from Jane

Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that you enjoy shopping on Jane!

Feb. 26th, 2020

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

If you have never shopped at jane.com it is time to try! I have a granddaughter named Jane and boy am I hooked! I am always getting compliments by being the best grandma with unique gifts! The clothes are so adorable and unique. I love the baby seasonal Tee's and the sneak peeks go live every day at 4:00pm ET! It is so fun! You get instant access to tomorrow's deals when your make a purchase today. You should check it out!

Reply from Jane

Hi Kristin! We are so happy to hear you like Jane!

Sep. 20th, 2019

Jennifer Gilbert, AZ

Oh Jane.com is my go to for shopping. I can’t say enough about the variety of clothing that I’ve found on this websight. The clothing and shoes are very affordable and darling. The one draw back with ordering from this websight is that if you have to return anything, you pay to return it. Often it ends up costing me almost half to chip the item than what I bought it for.

Natalie Prestwich Taylorsville, UT

Jane has a lot of different items they offer. I have found clothing, home decor, gifts for my husband, and random Knick-knacks on there. I have been very happy with everything I have purchased from them. I like that the offers are good for a few days and isn’t a one-day thing. I also like the variety they offer and so far everything I’ve purchased has been good quality. I always go back to Jane when searching for that “one” thing!

Rhiannon Aliso Viejo, CA

Everything I ordered is so cute and all of the prices are amazing. I couldn’t believe the deals. I even ordered some items are for my daughters. Can’t wait to receive the cute Valentine’s Day items too!

Vanessa Albuquerque, NM

I placed an order on april 22. Emailed them due to no ship date. Was told I would get it in about 3 weeks. I never received it... had my local USPS post office locate my package. Was told it's not a real shipping number I was given. Was told by the company that DHL handles it. Tracking on DHL package can not be found or located. I emailed them again two weeks ago the said they were out of the office until May 26-27. I waited a week emailed again wanting a refund. Was told again they are out of the office until Tues and someone will get back to me. No one ever does and can't get a refund. I ordered In April we are now going into June. Still no product or refund.

Reply from Jane

Hi Vanessa, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We want you to be happy with your experience at Jane.com. Please contact our support team via email at [email protected], or via text 1-855-270-JANE, or via phone support at 385-374-6700. We’ll get you all taken care of.

Jul. 15th, 2020

stevey shumway Midvale, UT

Jane is a great website to shop on! The items they have are great quality and have a wide variety for sale. They are super great to deal with, the customer service is amazing.

Mandi Smith American Fork, UT

Jane has such petite and cute clothing. I always find what I am looking for when I shop at Jane. Plus their prices are perfect for the amount of money they sell them for.

Jan Zachary, LA

I only know of Jane through continuous pop-up ads on the internet. So after seeing the ads for many months, I decided to browse and see what the boutique is about. Their items seemed to be of good quality and great pricing. I put many things in the bag to purchase; however, I only purchased one of the items to be on the safe side. Needless to say, I purchase on September 17, 2018 and the money was taken out of my account immediately. The next day I checked my account on Jane because I never received an email and it stated that my order was being processed and gave a pre-mature tracking number. I have emailed the seller twice and there has been no response! I checked the account again this morning 10/9/18 on Jane.com and it still says being processed and tracking information is not available; however, there is a tracking number. They literally intentionally stole from me. This company is a fraud and I will never ever purchase or recommend them to anyone.

Liz Palm Coast, FL

I have stopped with Jane.com for YEARS and never really had any issues with them or sellers. Now, it's awful! Sellers take forever to ship items, and when you finally hunt the seller down (because Jane isn't going to help you) they are rude, and lack any customer service skills. I recently ordered a top and it said it would ship in two days. A week later, the order was still pending. So I contract the seller and they said that the order was cancelled with no explanation. I contacted Jane.com and they said the seller cancelled the order due to lack of inventory. (Why are you posting inventory you don't have?) So again, I have to contact the seller, and they said that Jane.com cancelled the order. They don't seem to have it together. Rude vendors, cheaply made items, horrendous customer service.

Carrie Blake

I've had several months and quite a few transactions through Jane now and I feel pretty confident in leaving this company a terrible review. First, procduct price and quality. The prices are obviously inflated on the bargain bin quality clothing. A lovely hoodie I purchased for $40 began to literally come apart after the first laundering. I've purchased 3 t-shirts and a flannel-type button-up shirt and all were trashed within a month because of hems coming out, crooked stitching, or arriving damaged. I purchased a little $7 cat watch for my granddaughter and it never worked from day 1. Trashed as well. Secondly, customer service. Maybe other people have gotten a reply to a customer service request from Jane but I have not received a single reply and I've used their 'contact us' form several times in relation to the products I've mentioned above. Apparently, that 'contact us' option is simply for them to sit around and read our hilarious emails and joke about how we got screwed. I don't do business with this company any more and despite the many good reviews on products they sell, after my experience with every item I've purchased from them, I suspect a fraudulent review system and think the equally numerous bad reviews are the more accurate.

Sandra Dubas Salt Lake City, UT

I was so happy that I found Jane.com. They have so many different options at affordable prices. One thing that I do not like is how their clothing is so similar to other online stores.

Aubrey Rentschler Salt Lake City, UT

I have bought many cute items from Jane and have always been pleased. I wish, however, that they had one flat rate shipping cost because it can get expensive paying different shipping prices on each item you buy. If they did offer that, I'm sure I would buy more of their products.

Lyndsay Gowin Broomfield, CO

I ordered 3 necklaces to give to my grandmother, mother and mother in law for Christmas. Due to them being customized, the seller: krafty chix, had up to 14 days to ship this item. That seemed like a lot of time but seeing as how I placed the order on 12/1, I figured there would be plenty of time still to receive them all and send one a couple states away for Christmas. Well.... 5 days after the 14th day from my order, my UPS tracking still only says "order processed, ready for UPS." That indicates they have been notified that this package will eventually be dropped off for shipment. There is no way I am going to have a gift to my grandmother by Christmas now and from the looks of it, not for my mom or mother in law either - who are spending Christmas at my house so I wouldn't even need time to ship out after receiving the package. It is too late to find, order and ship something else. I emailed krafty chix, the seller, 4 days ago about this and have yet to hear anything back. Finally I contacted Jane who claim to have contacted the seller for me and they so graciously offered to issue me a refund if the seller doesn't contact me about this within the next 2 days. Two days from now will be 4 days from Christmas. I kindly told Jane that simply offering a refund this late in the game is an insult. That's sufficient to keep me from reporting them to the bbb but it MOST DEFINITELY did not save me as a customer. This was very disappointing - they ruined my Christmas gifts for the 3 most deserving women in my life, this year. I wish I had done research about them before I ever trusted them with something this important.

Marcia F Draper, UT

I changed my address while I was placing my order. After pushing submit, I saw that it still said my old address. I immediately searched a way to contact them, hopefully by phone, but was only able to find an email address. They did give instructions on who to send it to for an immediate address change. Within a minute after placing my order, I sent an email to the address of the person who was to fix those problems. I got no response. The following day I sent them another email, and again didn't hear back. Finally, on the third email they responded saying that I had not changed the address originally so that it was my fault and that it was too late to correct the problem. Hopefully the mail would forward it to me!!! I did receive two of the items, the two that were minor things that weren't gifts. Will all of the other mail order places out there, Jane is easily replaced! She got $50.00 of mine and she better enjoy it because she is not going to get anymore!

cb Thibodaux, LA

Great prices! They always seem to have a promotion going on and that's very encouraging for someone on a budget. They always have plenty of options to choose from so you'll always find something for your taste!

Reply from Jane

I am sorry about that. We want you to be happy with your experience at Jane. Please contact our support team via email at [email protected], or via text 1-855-270-JANE, or via phone support at 385-374-6700. We’ll get you all taken care of.

Jun. 8th, 2020

Nichole Hiatt Eagle Mountain, UT

I like the variety Jane provides when looking for different things. I ordered a tshirt on Jane; it shipped and arrived on time and the quality was exactly what I was expecting. Overall it was a good experience.

Aimee Mortensen Las Vegas, NV

I score great deals on Jane! When you miss a deal, it may not return, so keep your eye on the site. You can find a wide variety of clothes, shoes, items for the house, etc. I found personalized Easter egg baskets in the middle of the winter.

Jaime American Fork, UT

I have bought many, many things from Jane over the years. They offer great deals on fun items... some I buy for myself and others for gifts. I always like to browse to see what fun, current deals they are offering.

Reply from Jane

We are so happy to hear you like Jane!

Nov. 11th, 2019

Kaitlin Ashcroft Mesa, AZ

One of the cutest online boutiques! I found this a few years ago and love checking what they have every once in awhile. I love getting clothes from them. The only done fall is that it can sometimes take a little bit to ship but other then that no problems!

Beth Farmer Pleasant Grove, UT

Such a fun place to shop for clothes! Lots of cute and fashionable boutique leftovers for a good price! I do wish they’d make shipping just one flat fee. But, it’s a great place to find cute and trendy items for a good deal!

Nicole LeBaron Provo, UT

Jane is a great online shopping store and their app is really easy to use. Prices are fairly low which I like for my college budget. I feel that the picture doesn’t match the quality it’s portraying especially for clothing items.

laurenchristene Chickasha, OK

They have cute stuff but do NOT order from them!! I placed a order on Jan 31. for my sisters birthday which was on Feb 19. I sent in a email on Feb 17 because i still had not got a shipping confirmation. There was a tracking number but was never shipped when i had looked on my Jane acct. They never emailed me back! after i had try to reach out to them! On Feb 20 I logged back into my Jane account and the order had been cancelled and refunded. I will never use this company again! What a waste of time!!!! I tried to be paying customer but no more. :)

Reply from Jane

We are so sorry to hear that your order was canceled. Please reach out to our support team for further assistance. We can be reached at [email protected](dot)com. Or you can text us at 1-855-270-JANE.

Feb. 25th, 2020

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

Jane is such a great idea! It gets tough when you feel like you are fighting over some high demand products. They’re there one day just to be gone the next.

Alyssha Moultrie, GA

I placed an order on April 10th which was for mother’s day/ teachers gifts....that left PLENTY of time to get to me right!? Well it is may the 10th and I still don’t have my order...ups still says delivery information has been sent to them and Jane still says processing?? Jane did respond to my first 2 emails but none after that!!!! I just filed a claim thru PayPal to get a refund!! I would be aware of this company...they take your money and never ship your items😡

Kathryn Robinson Riverton, UT

Jane has a lot of different options for boutique clothing. They have unique products that you can't find elsewhere. Jane is made up of a lot of different sellers, so make sure to read the reviews when buying.

Michelle Schow Saratoga Springs, UT

Jane has a lot of clothing item options, especially if you are looking for something unique. Clothing is sold from a number of sellers, so not all products share the same quality. Make sure to read the reviews before buying.

Audrey Mitchell Managua, MN

I've bought 3 dresses from Jane and 2 of the 3 were great quality and have lasted over time. The 3rd one started to get cotton looking balls on the areas that got touched a lot.

Kimmi Riverton, UT

There is a big selection at this site. They always have fun holiday related wear. Items are all shipped from different places. The total price per item is always higher then expected because of the individual shipping costs. I have changed my mind many times because of this.

AK Riverton, UT

Jane.com has lots of cute clothes! I like that they seem different from the ones you can grab at the department store. Shipping took a long time for the itms I ordered though....

Reply from Jane

Hi AK, we are so happy to hear that you like Jane! Jane is an online marketplace comprised of sellers all across the country who are shipping from their own warehouses, which is why shipping can sometimes take a bit longer.

Nov. 11th, 2019

Jami Howell Farmington, UT

fun and cool website, they have tons and tons of items and new ones every week. although they have a lot of options, a lot of the quality isn't very wonderful. but it is pretty good for the price.

Alyssa skinner Gilbert, AZ

Have had the cutest little boutiques!! They always have good deals and have many more things besides clothing! It does take a week or two to recover your packages but over it’s the cutest online store with a lot variety!

H Moore Lehi, UT

My daughter models for Jane, and we follow the company on Instagram. They always put out fun and interesting quotes, and their clothes are bright and cheerful.

Susie Kings Park, NY

Sales are straight out of China ... another way for junk product and knock-offs to go past any regulations and get to market in the US. Notice all the positive reviews are from UT ... which is where Jane is based out of? Seems crazy suspicious no?

Reply from Jane

Hi Susie, We work with sellers all over the United States who feature items on our site. Most items we feature on the website are handmade/custom made here in the United States; however, we are aware that some sellers we work with purchase wholesale and are possibly coming from China.

Jan. 2nd, 2020

Nana Asiata Herriman, UT

Jane's always has cute clothing that is comfortable. The price is great and so are the staff. But they do not have a return policy.

Tawnya Ward Great Falls, MT

Never heard of this company until the name showed up on my PayPal activity. Now 3 times this company has tried to take money out of my account. Again, let me be clear. I never heard of this company before, until the first time that they tried to scam my account.

Lindsey Nashville, TN

This same thing has happened to me. I made a purchase in October and I still have not received it. I have tried to email and no one will help me. There is no contact number. I'm very disappointed. They already have my money and I have not received my package

Myken Salt Lake City, UT

I recently shopped on Jane's website and didn't find it to be very user friendly. They do offer a large selection but a lot of the items I wanted were sold out or not available in the size I needed it in.

Reply from Jane

Hi Myken, We value your feedback, thank you for sharing with us. If you like something and it's sold out you can always click the "notify me" button and we can notify you when it is back in stock!

Mar. 13th, 2020

Mykahla Nelson Managua, MN

Jane is well organized website it is very easy to click on the tabs ! The tabs make it so nice to search for the item you need!

Juliann Mecham Managua, MN

I don't have a ton of experience with Jane, but from the clothing and purchases I do have experience with I do love and would recommend. Great quality and price.

Lori Fletcher Saratoga Springs, UT

Bought the cutest hair bows for teenagers and their quality was better than the stores. Shipping has been fairly quick but don't plan on returning anything because it's a hassle.

Rebecca Provo, UT

Such cute stuff, but it dives me nuts that you have to pay shipping per item. And it’s not cheap. The deals aren’t worth it because the shipping is so expensive

Mona L Lamberson Philadelphia, PA

The first thing I usually do is check to see where the company is located. You should have to look no further than the web site. I looked and it wasn't there. Suffice it to say.....no orders from me.

Susan Broxton, GA

I placed an order in October and still haven’t received it. I have contacted their support, the seller and even the usps. No one will help me. The problem is that they already have my money or I wouldn’t care.

Janessa Whatcott Riverton, UT

I love being able to browse different styles of fashion from one location. They have great options to choose from

Reply from Jane

So happy to hear you love Jane!

Apr. 19th, 2021

Randi Nelson Managua, MN

Jane was a reliable online company as I was buying dresses. The dresses came as described, but some of the quality of fabric was better than others.

Reply from Jane

So happy to hear you liked your dresses!

Jul. 15th, 2020

AmyConder22 Eagle Mountain, UT

Janes is a great place for daily deals. I love that there is always new deals that range from clothes to decor.