Jane

Jane.com is a fresh take on online boutique shopping. They are a marketplace featuring the latest in women’s fashion trends, home décor, and children’s clothing. The company started in 2011 and has quickly become a popular place for online sellers as well as brick and mortar stores to showcase their boutique creations for an eager audience. Now headquartered in Lehi Utah, Jane.com works closely with both their customers as well as the sellers of their merchandise. Anyone interested in selling items on Jane.com can contact the company directly and grow their business in ways they could not imagine as Jane.com does the hard work of marketing and selling the products.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 9.3 4.2 Read Review
#2 8.9 6.1 Read Review
#3 8.8 3.3 Read Review
#69 2.4 3.4 Current

The Good

• Great prices
  • Lots of promotions
  • Huge product selection
  • Great shipping and handling deals

As a unique online business, Jane.com offers their customers things other online boutiques don't.

The prices of the boutique items on Jane.com are hard to beat. They market their items as very affordable for everyone and most merchandise is under thirty dollars. All items are featured showing the original retail price, as well as the discounted price that Jane.com is asking, ensuring customers they are getting a great deal on their favorite boutique merchandise. Most items are marked down quite a bit, making Jane.com a great place to find boutique treasures that some customers might otherwise not be able to afford.

Another great benefit of Jane.com is the number of promotions found on their home page of their website. When first visiting the site, customers will be able to find many deals and discounts right off the bat without having to search too hard or long. As mentioned before, all items are featured on the website with the original retail price, making each item a discount. Jane.com also has a new deals section on the site where customers can find newly featured products at great prices. In addition to the sales and discounts, Jane.com also works very closely on their social media presence and is known for having free giveaways of their products for their social media followers.

The product selection at Jane.com seems endless. Not only does the company sell unique boutique clothing but they also sell home décor, accessories, kids and baby clothing, and shoes. The website also has a miscellaneous section where customers can find an array of merchandise. Anything from cell phone chargers to men's beard oil, can be found in this section of the store and of course, all of it is featured at discount prices.

Working exclusively as an online company, one of the things customers should closely look at before buying merchandise is the shipping and handling procedure. Jane.com makes sure to take care of their customers in this department. The company has a flat rate shipping and handling policy, which features a four dollar and ninety-nine cents shipping fee for the first item purchased, and dollar price drop for each additional item making the shipping three dollars and ninety-nine cents. Each item must be charged separate shipping because of where Jane.com gets each of their products. Each item is sold from a different boutique vendor, so each item must be shipped separately. Although this shipping is cheaper than other online stores, the cost could potentially add up if a customer wanted to purchase multiple items through Jane.com. In addition to the rising shipping price, Jane.com also only ships inside the United States. Although they hope to one day expand their shipping capabilities to worldwide, Jane.com has no such plans in the near future.

The Bad

• People serviced
  • Return policy

Like all companies, there are things Jane.com could improve to become a better online business.

Although Jane.com has a large product selection the only clothing like many other online boutiques is marketed for women specifically. Jane.com does offer children and baby clothing, but they are lacking a men's department. This limits their ability to sell to a wider range of customers and could greatly benefit the company if they expanded their product selection to both men and women.

As stated before, Jane.com is unique in their operations as they sell other boutiques clothing and merchandise. Jane.com is a marketplace for boutiques instead of an individual retailer store. This provides them with many benefits that they are able to pass on to their customers. Their return policy, however, is not one of those benefits. The company runs into a problem by selling products from so many different vendors, that they are not able to provide returns for any merchandise sold on their site. Their return policy clearly states that all sales are final. However, because of their excellent customer service, Jane.com does provide an email address where customers can directly contact them with any questions or concerns. The return policy also states that if a customer contacts them through the email within fourteen days of the original receipt they will work with the customer in finding the best option to make them a satisfied shopper.

The Bottom Line

Jane.com as found a unique niche in the online boutique business. They are a marketplace for online boutiques and are able to provide their customers with a large product selection that include everything from clothing and accessories to home décor. Their website features great prices on their products with most items being under thirty dollars as well as numerous promotions that are featured daily through their homepage. However, Jane.com does have a strict no return policy. They have a great, lost cost shipping and handling policy, and are quickly become a favorite site to online shoppers throughout the United States.

5 Jane Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

July 13th, 2017

I've had several months and quite a few transactions through Jane now and I feel pretty confident in leaving this company a terrible review. First, procduct price and quality. The prices are obviously inflated on the bargain bin quality clothing. A lovely hoodie I purchased for $40 began to literally come apart after the first laundering. I've purchased 3 t-shirts and a flannel-type button-up shirt and all were trashed within a month because of hems coming out, crooked stitching, or arriving damaged. I purchased a little $7 cat watch for my granddaughter and it never worked from day 1. Trashed as well. Secondly, customer service. Maybe other people have gotten a reply to a customer service request from Jane but I have not received a single reply and I've used their 'contact us' form several times in relation to the products I've mentioned above. Apparently, that 'contact us' option is simply for them to sit around and read our hilarious emails and joke about how we got screwed. I don't do business with this company any more and despite the many good reviews on products they sell, after my experience with every item I've purchased from them, I suspect a fraudulent review system and think the equally numerous bad reviews are the more accurate.

June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I was so happy that I found Jane.com. They have so many different options at affordable prices. One thing that I do not like is how their clothing is so similar to other online stores.

May 29th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I have bought many cute items from Jane and have always been pleased. I wish, however, that they had one flat rate shipping cost because it can get expensive paying different shipping prices on each item you buy. If they did offer that, I'm sure I would buy more of their products.

December 19th, 2016 Broomfield, CO

I ordered 3 necklaces to give to my grandmother, mother and mother in law for Christmas. Due to them being customized, the seller: krafty chix, had up to 14 days to ship this item. That seemed like a lot of time but seeing as how I placed the order on 12/1, I figured there would be plenty of time still to receive them all and send one a couple states away for Christmas. Well.... 5 days after the 14th day from my order, my UPS tracking still only says "order processed, ready for UPS." That indicates they have been notified that this package will eventually be dropped off for shipment. There is no way I am going to have a gift to my grandmother by Christmas now and from the looks of it, not for my mom or mother in law either - who are spending Christmas at my house so I wouldn't even need time to ship out after receiving the package. It is too late to find, order and ship something else. I emailed krafty chix, the seller, 4 days ago about this and have yet to hear anything back. Finally I contacted Jane who claim to have contacted the seller for me and they so graciously offered to issue me a refund if the seller doesn't contact me about this within the next 2 days. Two days from now will be 4 days from Christmas. I kindly told Jane that simply offering a refund this late in the game is an insult. That's sufficient to keep me from reporting them to the bbb but it MOST DEFINITELY did not save me as a customer. This was very disappointing - they ruined my Christmas gifts for the 3 most deserving women in my life, this year. I wish I had done research about them before I ever trusted them with something this important.

December 14th, 2016 Draper, UT

I changed my address while I was placing my order. After pushing submit, I saw that it still said my old address. I immediately searched a way to contact them, hopefully by phone, but was only able to find an email address. They did give instructions on who to send it to for an immediate address change. Within a minute after placing my order, I sent an email to the address of the person who was to fix those problems. I got no response. The following day I sent them another email, and again didn't hear back. Finally, on the third email they responded saying that I had not changed the address originally so that it was my fault and that it was too late to correct the problem. Hopefully the mail would forward it to me!!! I did receive two of the items, the two that were minor things that weren't gifts. Will all of the other mail order places out there, Jane is easily replaced! She got $50.00 of mine and she better enjoy it because she is not going to get anymore!