Gap Logo

Gap

7.8

LAST UPDATED: June 21st, 2021

Gap is an internationally known clothing brand with headquarters in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and San Francisco. The brand started as a jeans company founded by Don and Doris Fisher, and has now grown into a clothing company with over 1,400 locations in over 40 countries.

In addition to physical locations, the brand has a large online store. This option is ideal for shoppers not wanting or unable to visit a physical location. Plus, often the online store has deals not available in store.

Gap is known for its classic style, excellent customer service, and frequent discounts and deals.

The Good

• Wide Selection Available
  • Accurate Sizing
  • Frequent Discounts
  • Great Customer Service

Wide Selection Available

Gap is an established clothing brand with hundreds of different clothing items available for all age ranges and stages of life. The categories listed on its website include New + Now, Gifts, Masks, Jeans, Women, Maternity, Men, Teen, Girls, Boys, Toddler, Baby, and Sale.

Within these categories, you can find options for tops, pants, accessories, formal wear, footwear, and more. This variety makes Gap a one-stop shop for all your clothing and outfitting needs.

Accurate Sizing

Many customers are extremely pleased with their online shopping experience with Gap, and say that the sizes fit how they want them to and aren’t misleading.

Frequent Discounts

Gap often offers discounts or other promotions throughout the year, and some of these are specific to online shoppers. This is a great option for customers on a budget, as they can often find deals and discounts to get the same quality of clothes for less money than they would normally have to pay.

Great Customer Service

Gap has an extensive customer service department and generous return policy. For clothes ordered online, customers have 45 days to return them (in their original condition). Items can be shipped back or returned in store for a full refund. Some customers have commented that Gap has one of the best return policies around.

Customers are also able to track their online orders and receive updates in the form of text or email about when their products are scheduled to be delivered. Every step of the online shopping experience is meant to be straightforward and simple for the customer.

The Bad

• Lack of Variety
  • Low Quality Materials

Lack of Variety

Some customers have complained that Gap’s product line doesn’t have a lot of variety and that its choices are limited. A lot of the clothes look basically the same, and this can be a disadvantage to people looking to expand the variety in their wardrobe.

Low Quality Materials

Some reviewers talk about how Gap’s shirts or other clothing items start to thread out after a year and aren’t durable. Others mention that the clothes never look or fit the same after being washed.

The Bottom Line

Gap has been around for more than 50 years and has a proven track record of producing affordable and quality clothing. While some customers have complaints about the brand, the overall sentiment is very positive, and we recommend Gap to anyone looking for good clothes and accessories for the whole family.

Cassidy Gundersen Orem, UT

I never used to shop at Gap because I felt that their prices were too high. However, as I have gotten older I have come to appreciate the quality! Gap’s prices may be high- but its because they have a nice product that will last you a long time. They are now one of my favorite places to shop.

Nicole Jones Riverton, UT

I love shopping at Gap.com for my family. They offer high quality, affordable clothes for the entire family, which makes shopping very efficient and simple. Being I am on a budget, I am glad they offer coupons on a regular basis so I can utilize them when I shop. I also love earning and using my Gap Cash! and they're always delivered within the timeframe provided. And if I've ever had to return or exchange anything, the process is super simple. Old Navy's quality, pricing and customer service just can't be beat.

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

Gap is a great store and it is even better online for your clothing needs! I like it because the coupons you need are always conveniently placed at the bottom. You just have to tap what coupon you want for shipping, or using gap cash, or just the online code for that week. Its so great and the shipping comes so quick. I have never had an issue getting my clothes on time.

Kimmi Riverton, UT

The quality of the clothing here is great. I love that items last more then one season before they wear out, even for the kids. I don't have much time to shop so I love that I can look online before walking into the store and know exactly what I want to try on.

Katelyn Empey Logan, UT

I really like Gap. They have a great return policy and their outlet store is awesome as well. I like the style and the mix between nice outfits to work outs. I love their store fronts. They are always nicely put together and have good displays.

MattB American Fork, UT

I shop for pants often through Gap’s website. Because I am tall and thin it’s difficult for me to find pants in the size I need - especially in stores. Gap online always has. The size I need in a variety of options and at affordable prices.

Shauna Horne American Fork, UT

I really like the quality of the hoodies and sweaters they sell at the Gap. They are very soft and hold up over time. My daughter bought some of their sleepwear and the fabric is so soft and comfortable. I've always been very happy with the clothing we have purchased at the Gap.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Gap is very trendy and happening for clothing. Their website makes it super convenient for online shopping. They have a huge variety, and plenty of options for my whole family. Quick checkouts and fast shipping also help the convenience.

Reckholdt Draper, UT

I love their kids selection on clothes. Especially the boys. I can always find a good deal on pants for my son. I feel like their quality is great and my son doesn’t get holes in the knees of his pants as much. I wish they had a better selection for toddlers.

Erin Farnsworth Pleasant Grove, UT

Can be overpriced but lasts a long time. Definitely worth it. I am 6 feet tall and have to buy long pants, and almost every pant I own so from gap. They got amazing are cute and last a long time. My favorite pair I’ve had for 6 years finally got a hole in the knee and I wear them A LOT. I will be getting a new pair from them.

ave Pleasant Grove, UT

I love shopping at Gap. I always go to Gap and go straight to the clearance rack. Last week I found a really good quality jean skirt for only $8. I wear it all the time! Everytime I go shopping at Gap I find something I love!

Whitney Stanko Smithfield, UT

This store is so cute! The little boy I nanny, I get all of his clothes from here. He’s 5 so he’s always playing and on his knees and getting dirty. The clothing holds up well and washes great. Super cute styles! Also the clothing for adults is always so cute and great quality as well! I love gap and highly recommend it for anyone

susie Kaysville, UT

gap is one of me and my moms favorite places to shop especially online. we always find literally the cutest cloths for not very expensive. and pretty affordable for most people. we have been shopping at gap for years and years now.

Janessa Herriman, UT

Great quality clothes, but prices are extremely steep. Definitely buy when there is a good sale, so you get the best value on their clothes. Easy to use website and easy to search for exactly what you are looking for or browse by size so you don't end up seeing something you like just to find out they don't have your size. Great kid clothes too that are stylish and higher quality. I have found the kids clothes run big on sizes. Easy to return any clothes that don't fit right or you don't like.

Beth Farmer Pleasant Grove, UT

Gap has really cute kid clothes. Their normal prices are ridiculous but when they go 40% or 50% off their clothes are normal priced. Really good quality clothes that last. You can normally get free shipping every so often during their big sales.

Camilla Lundberg Mapleton, UT

i absolutely love shopping at gap they have the best good quality clothes and i love the workout clothes specifically and im so glad i signed up for a gap credit card to get points! i love gap and i love their customer service

Janie Dennis Tallahassee, FL

I actually like GAP. It isn't my favorite store but there are some nice things to pick out of. The staff is usually happy to help you pick something out.

Zabsanti Slidell, LA

I have been a paying costumer for over ten years. Much of what I used to wear was from gap and the quality made it last for years. Amazing brands at a good price

Lily Grant Lehi, UT

Gap provided my family with amazing close to start the year off right. My family absolutely loved all of the outfits that we bought from gap. There was not a long line at Gap because the employees were so fast at checkout.

Allison Campbell Jackson, MS

GAP has good quality and reasonable priced clothing. Their clothes seem to fit me pretty well and I'm a cruvey person. It's hard to.find stuff that fits me well.

Matthew Hall Jackson, MS

Clothing fits well on plus sized people. This is definitely a bramd that is inclusive for all sizes! The clothing is also very reasonably priced for the quality.

Jennifer Anderson

Great. Quality cute clothes for a good price. I buy toddler girl & boy clothes for my grandkids & they are darling. I love the soft fabrics, great basics & fun colors.

Nishita McLean, VA

Grew up wearing Gap clothes, now my niece is growing up wearing them. We spent $50 during our last visit there and walked out with 2 jeans for a toddler. Little expensive but good quality.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

I really love Gap. Their styles are airy, clean, and casual - just pretty! They are a go-to in my book. I've always had great experiences with customer service, as well.

Hyrum Sandy, UT

Every once and a while, my wife buys me something nice from Gap. I had one negative experience with the sales person. They were out of the size I needed and we ordered the right one through her, but she entered my address wrong and it took several weeks to sort out. I feel like she wasn't paying attention when we were working with her.

Myken American Fork, UT

I’ve been shopping at the Gap for as long as I can remember. I feel like sometimes they’re overpriced but when they have sales I’m able to get great quality clothing at affordable prices.

Logan Hudson Norcross, GA

Gap has been a store of choice for many years. There are options for all ages in clothing and they are not expensive. I can always find something that fits my style with the aid of the employees.

cb Thibodaux, LA

Their clothing has majority improved in terms of trends and quality in the past couple of years. Clothes are very comfortable and all at a cheap price. Shirts always fit to size and are soft.

mccandless24 Kaysville, UT

I used to shop at the Gap a lot but then the style didn't seem to go with what I liked. But lately I have given it another shot and have been happily surprised. The quality has always been good, but now the style seems more in line with what I love. The price is reasonable and you can sometimes find good deals. I will be happy to continue to shop here.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Gap online shopping has always been great for back to school clothes shopping. They have tons of brands and styles and they are very trendy and modern. They make shopping easy and fun as the website is easy to use.

take7 Sandy, UT

Love the gap, but sometimes I feel I can get the same styles and quality at Old Navy or other stores for cheaper. Still if it's something I really like I will find deals for it or just buy it. Quality stuff too. Wish shipping options were cheaper and more availability for site to store.

Poundesk Saratoga Springs, UT

GAP was our all time favorite clothing store for our kids clothes. They have the best quality and awesome service. The only problem is that they've closed stores and most shopping has to be done online with them now.

PessoaJ Salt Lake City, UT

Gap is one of my go-to shopping places for me kids. They have cute styles that are affordable during their online deals. I do feel that quality has gone down in the last few years though.

Jeremy Brown Riverton, UT

Gap has great prices for all the clothes they sell. They have the clothes in all different sizes. The customer service is great. I love shopping there because it has so many of my favorite things.

Aliza Henline Provo, UT

Shopping on gap.com is ADDICTING. There are so many good deals for things on sale, and I love how the photography is so clear and simple. Always buying jeans every season and they last YEARRSSS. Thank you Gap!!

Jami Howell Farmington, UT

best jeans I own. they have so many different fits, there is something for every body type, I love how they wash, keep their color and don't fade. my favorite type is the best girlfriend fits in black

Jaime American Fork, UT

Gap is one of our go-to stores when school shopping. I can always find great items for my elementary-aged kids. I also shop there for myself and have since I was a teenager. Love the Gap!

Kelcee Young Pleasant Grove, UT

For the most part I like the clothes gap sells!! I sometimes think that there teen section can have some clothes that can be a little out of date!! But overall I love the clothes gap sells and how amazing all their employees are!!!

Jaelynn Florence Tallahassee, FL

Gap has the best trends for all ages and the quality of the clothes is great.

Mary Ella Hardy Charlotte, NC

I've been shopping at Gap for over 18 years. Quality of clothes are great.

stevey shumway Midvale, UT

I would highly recommend for anyone to shop at GAP. They have very trendy and cute clothes for great prices. I love their jeans!

Nicole Sohm Herriman, UT

I shop for so many of my workout clothes from GAP. You get the same quality as the really expensive workout brands for half the cost!

Audrey Mitchell Managua, MN

Gap has great clothes for children that have lasted over the years. Also they have reasonably priced belts that are great quality and dont tear easily

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

I really want to shop Gap but for the longest time their tops just wouldn’t fit. I’m so glad they made more sizes available in tall. It opens up more clothing options for me!

Amelia Gibson South Jordan, UT

Gap is great because they have super cute clothes and affordable prices. I love going there because they have so many fun options and great customer service.

Morganwhiting Salt Lake City, UT

Great quality items. I tried getting backpacks from another store this year and by Christmas they were broken. Guess I should have gotten them from gap.

Shannon B Salt Lake City, UT

Gap is a shopping staple for me! They always have great classic as well as trendy pieces and they frequently have great sales that make their clothing affordable for me.

Sanetta Rigby Riverton, UT

I like Gap's clothing selection. The clothing is good quality and you can find some great discounted items on their sales rack. The seems to be competitive price wise with other clothing retailer.

Kathryn Robinson Riverton, UT

Gap has stylish clothing options that are high quality. They are higher priced than Old Navy (owned by the same parent company), so I usually shop at Old Navy.

Sara Lageman Lageman

Gap has nice clothes that are reasonably priced as well. I try and go in a store every chance I get. there is not one too close so it is a special reason when I get to shop there.