Forever 21 Logo

7.1

LAST UPDATED: June 23rd, 2021
Forever 21 is known for thrifty offerings at economic prices. They started in 1984 as a 900 square foot space in Los Angeles and grew to a company that has over $3.4 billion in revenue and 480 locations. They also have one of the largest online stores in the industry. Their modern stores, the Flagship XXI stores, have over 24,000 feet of retail space. Forbes ranked Forever 21 as the 122nd largest privately held company in the United States. They market mostly their own brands online. Some of their brands include Forever 21 and Love 21. They have brands for children, and they also carry fragrances and jewelry. They want to become an $8 billion company and open 600 stores by 2017.

Nike Logo
#2 Nike chevron_right
Target Logo
#3 Target chevron_right

The Good

• Low prices and countless promotions
  • Clothing options for women, men, and children
  • Free shipping on orders over $50
  • Transparent and helpful FAQ section
The sticker price of their items are consistently a great bargain for shoppers. It is a challenge to find clothing items priced over $100 on their site. Many of their apparel items are priced in the range between $20-$30. Not only are their initial asking prices low, they also offer consistent promotions that provide even more value. These promotions vary by time of year, but it is not uncommon to see 30% off certain categories of clothing. They also offer a sales tab that offers a large variety of other discount clothing items for purchase. These categories and products for sale also vary over time, however it is common to find quality options for men, women, and children consistently. You are able to shop for women, men, and children on their website. This is different than some other competing online clothing stores that only provide clothing options for one or two types of customers. Women tend to have the most options of the three groups, however all three are offered a valuable shopping experience. Women can shop through countless clothing categories including dresses, blouses, shirts, tees and tanks, swimwear, sweaters, and much more. Men can shop through categories including tees and tanks, suiting, pants, shorts, sweatshirts, and more. For kids, you are able to choose between girls and boys options that have products ranging from shirts, shorts, and sweaters. Other main categories on the Forever 21 site include New Arrivals, Contemporary, Accessories, and Plus Sizes. Free shipping is available when orders total over $50. This is consistent with other similar top online clothing stores. It is only available to customers shipping to locations inside the 48 contiguous states of the United States. Other than offering free shipping in this way, they have other competitive shipping policies. Most orders are shipped from 24 hours of when an order has been placed online. They are able to ship to all 50 states in the U.S. and do have international shipping options. They offer three main types of shipping methods; Standard, Express, and Next Day. Standard shipping typically has products arriving within 4 to 9 business days to the continental United States. Express shipping typically arrives within 2 to 3 business days to locations inside the continental United States. Next day shipping typically arrives the day after the order has been processed. Again, these polices are competitive with other top online clothing providers. Not only are their shipping policies sound, they also sport 480 physical locations across the country. This gives shoppers another avenue to get their clothing items from them. When shopping online, if you have questions regarding seemingly anything involving your potential shopping experience you will be able to find answers right on the Forever 21 site. They have a Frequently Asked Questions section that reviews their polices and procedures for shopping with them. For example, both shipping and return policies are spelled out in great detail to provide needed information and quality transparency. They also go into detail regarding checking on order status and redeeming gift cards and e-gift certificates.

The Bad

• Strict Return Policy
Their return policy leaves some customers wanting when being compared to some of the other top online clothing stores. For online orders, clothing items are able to be returned within 30 days of the original purchase date. This is not a no questions asked return policy. Customers are not able to return merchandise with gift cards, e-gift certificates, jewelry, and fragrance products. Returns must be made by mail for refunds. Refunds are issued through a refund to the original payment method. You are able to make returns to physical stores, however, those returns can only be redeemed as an exchange or store credit.

The Bottom Line

Forever 21 provides its customers with a valuable shopping experience for a number of reasons. They have competitively low prices, countless consistent promotions, and free shipping offered when orders total over $50. They also provide stylish clothing items for women, men, and kids. Their clothing items are a great choice for those in their early twenties seeking a stylish and trendy wardrobe. In spite of all their positive aspects, we do not recommend them as an online clothing store at this time. Most online clothing stores are going to have some customer service related issues involving shipping, handling and returns. If an online store seems to not provide top service when those situations arise, it is difficult to choose them as a shopping destination over a better and more sound customer response team.

3.5

Jaelynn Florence Tallahassee, FL

Forever 21 always has the newest trends and great sales going on that I look forward to. I often find jewelry here and other cute accessories to match with my outfits and the associates in the store are super helpful.

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

I love shopping at Forever 21! I wear their clothes all the time and always get compliments on them. I love the variety and different styles they cater to and the price is just unbeatable.

Estefi Arreola Leyva Gilbert, AZ

Forever 21 is a good store, I love going there all the time. The store is so fun to look through. You can get cute affordable clothing on sale. What is cool about it they have a men's section, my brother has got clothes from there. They sell accessories, shirts, leggings, pants, shorts, make up, bags/purses, shoes, hats, swim suits, and dresses of course. I love exploring through the store.

Emily Tallahassee, FL

I know that I can find all the new trends at Forever 21 at the most affordable prices. Their online sale section is extensive and provides options better than in store. It's a one stop shop for all of your junior clothing needs!

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

I have three girls and they all love the clothing at Forever 21. However, as my life has gotten busier, it is harder for me to get them there to shop. So I have them shop online and its great for me because it takes less time, they get the clothes the love, and I know if something doesn't fit I can just take it back to the store.

Alyssa Hansel Tallahassee, FL

forever21 is a great company and I’m always satisfied with the clothes I get there. They fit well and I love the customer service they offer. Very helpful and efficient. I can pick multiple outfits at a time without spending a ton of money. They have the versatility you cannot find for the prices anywhere else.

Trey Farner Norcross, GA

Shopping on forever 21 was easy and I didn’t feel judged. Being a guy looking for a crop top can be kinda scary but the workers at forever 21 helped me find what I was looking for and I appreciated that a lot. It put a smile on my face and made my day.

Katherine Whyte Miami, FL

Forever 21 always has affordable alternatives for expensive trends which is the best for someone who wants to expand their style without breaking the bank! There are so many amazing pieces for a low price and they also have really good return policies if a purchase did not match your expectations!

Chloe Adams Morgan, UT

Fun, modern, and cheap! While these clothes don’t last very long, they are super fun. The website is always up to date, return policy is what’s to be expected from a clothing company, and the product lasts as long as is to be expected.

susie Kaysville, UT

forever 21 is one of my favorite places to shop. and has some weird but also very cute little cloths for pretty cheap which makes it easy for me to buy and very affordable. i have bought so many cute t shirts from forever 21.

Landon Robison Layton, UT

My wife has made me go into Forever 21 a few times and it is actually a pleasant experience. They always have great deals on t-shirts and jeans--usually some kind of buy one get one free, which is especially great for jeans because usually, jeans are really expensive. Definitely, check it out.

Natalia Correa MDTribe Tallahassee, FL

Forever 21 has amazing prices and such a wide variety of clothes. They have an outfit and style for every taste and occasion. I highly recommend checking them out!

Dorrie2001 Charlotte, NC

My favorite store ever! They always have very affordable cute clothes and such. Workers are always so nice and always down to help with whatever you need!

Jackson Barousse Thibodaux, LA

Forever 21 truly has clothes for anyone. I never really pay anything more than $30 for what I buy. The shirts are always trendy and my favorite to browse at when I shop here.

Mandi Smith American Fork, UT

Forever 21 leaves me feeling edgy, cute, confident and stylish. I love being able to wear a wardrobe that makes me feel young and free. I love the comfortable black leggings that they sell for an amazing cheap price.

Imani Monroe Tallahassee, FL

My favorite clothing store! Forever is always up to date with latest and trendy fashion. They never disappoint me when needing to find the perfect outfit for a special occasion.

Cooper Thompson Pleasant Grove, UT

Forever 21 is your one stop shopping place! Whether you are online shopping or in store they have a HUGE selection of clothing that is on trend! No other store has better pricing for dope clothes!

Anne Marie Milne Layton, UT

I used to take my daughter here all the time for back to school shopping. They always have amazing deals and the cutest stuff! I have even found a few things for myself! Love Forever 21.

Sarah Mercival Tallahassee, FL

One of my favorite stores! I shop here any chance I get their clothes is so chic, they never disappoint me and they always have sales.

Cher Leesburg, VA

With how fast teenagers grow out of clothes & styles change, it is nice to have a clothing line that isn't too expensive.

Asia Bui Gulfport, MS

FOREVER 21 IS MY PLACE! I am always shopping here because everything is always so cute and affordable! I am happy that I can get clothes that look good and are affordable!

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

Going out last minute? Need an outfit? Forever21 is my GO TO! They have everything from PJs to going out clothes, and I'm a huge fan. Not to mention, supppperrrr cheap.

Desi Pleasant Grove, UT

Forever 21 is like my perfect teenage store. The clothes are really trendy and stylish. They're so unique and they look amazing on you too! I love the clothes here.

Campbell Blair Phoenix, AZ

I love Forever 21 and i think that it has amazing options. I have been able to get a shirt and it's still good over 4 years later. One of my favorite shirts ever.

Samie Cummings Ephraim, UT

Forever 21 is one of my Favorite places to shop. The clothes are affordable, and very stylish. It also has a big variety to everything so you can find whatever you need there

Erin Glendening Livingston, LA

I love forever 21 selection of clothing and jewelry. The prices are very fair, and their website is super easy to find super trendy clothes quickly.

cb Thibodaux, LA

I got a shirt from here last week and it fits and feels amazing. Always have sales around 30% every time I go in and are on good looking items.

Tajanae Smith Kansas City, MO

Amazing styles and fabrics. When I need the mastery yrends or styles I know I can trust forever twenty one to blouses to earrings

Love this store. Online options have greater variety for people on the plus side like myself. Keeping in fashion has never been easier.

Joy Hill Pleasant Grove, UT

Forever 21 always has really funky unique styles to offer. It is easy to find things online and the customer service is great.

Rachel Ellsworth Gilbert, AZ

Forever 21 has some great stuff! I can almost always find something that I like there and it is always for a great price.

Mia Hernandez Tempe, AZ

Forever 21 is a great store to shop at that have so many options and wide range of clothing styles to fit anyone's personal style

Kathie Bowman Lakeside, CA

I have shopped at forever 21 for a long time now. They have a great fashion sense and there is always something different in there than other stores

Sadie Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

Forever 21 has really great clothing and always at a great price. You can express yourself and buy "different" clothes there that are unique.

A’lea Richardson Lakeland, FL

One of the best local shops. Always have the best clothes for each season and at a low price.

Janie Dennis Tallahassee, FL

There clothes is very up to date with fashion! It is a nice store to shop at but you need to have time on your hands!

AmyConder22 Eagle Mountain, UT

There always have such a great variety for clothing options. Everything that I have ordered has been good quality.

SkylarPickens Gulfport, MS

I love Forever 21! They have some great clothing and accessories. The costumer service is also very nice.

Olivia Orlando, FL

The styles and prices available are great! Forever 21 provides a variety of clothing for just about anyone.

Lily South Jordan, UT

I love shopping at forever 21. They have great prices and great new styles. One of my favorite places to shop.

Mazi Marcel Womack Cedar City, UT

Forever 21 is the best, especially the plus size section. They have great clothes for all ages and sizes.

Tracy Hill Draper, UT

I have always been a big fan of the prices here. It’s a great place to try new styles at a reasonable price

Tiffany Tempe, AZ

I love this store great fashion AMAZING price and offers everything. Happy they finally have a plus size option.

Lorraine Black Chattahoochee, FL

Free shipping, discounts and best deals. The products have a lot more choices

Jaida Williams Tallahassee, FL

I have been a loyal costumer for over 5 years. They have nice deals on stylish clothing.

Jami Lucas Eagle Mountain, UT

The selection of their online store is awesome! I can always find something unique and cute!

Missy Ryan West Jordan, UT

I honestly love their clothes, the styles are always super cute and the quality holds up.

Tracy Womack Cedar City, UT

The styles at Forever 21 are always great! I love their plus size section as well.

CAROLE SCOVILLE Pleasant Grove, UT

I like how Forever 21 sells funky clothes and is a great store to express yourself through clothes.

Bella Houtz South Jordan, UT

Forever 21 is a great cothing website for teens and adults. They have great customer service.