Ebay Logo

6.7

eBay is an e-commerce powerhouse that connects buyers and sellers throughout the world.

For sellers, eBay makes it easy to get your small business up and running. Sellers can easily list and sell their products online. eBay gives sellers up to 200 zero insertion fee listings each month (more if you have an eBay Store).

As one of the largest online marketplaces, selling with eBay means your products can be seen by millions of people, and the potential for earnings is exponential.

For buyers, eBay has just about everything and anything you can think of. The company works with businesses of all sizes, so whether you’re looking for name-brand products or something more unique, you’ll likely find it on eBay.

Since this profile is centered on eBay’s clothing options, we will be reviewing the products, return policies, terms, and conditions regarding the Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories category.

As far as clothing goes, eBay sells various clothing for women, men, babies, and children. Buyers can find clothing from name-brand stores such as Adidas, Nike, Levi’s, J.Crew, Lululemon, and more.

Nike Logo
#2 Nike chevron_right
Target Logo
#3 Target chevron_right

The Good

• Variety of Clothing
  • Top Brands
  • Daily Deals
  • Money-Back Guarantee

Variety of Clothing

When it comes to clothing on eBay, there is no shortage of options.

Suppose you’re searching through the Women’s Clothing category. In that case, you can choose items from various categories such as activewear, coats, jackets, vests, dresses, jeans, intimates and sleep, jumpsuits and rompers, leggings, pants, suits and suit separates, swimwear, and more.

Shoppers can alter their search to include special sizes such as juniors, petite, plus, and maternity.

The Men’s Clothing category is similar; shoppers can easily search for shirts, men’s pants, hoodies and sweatshirts, activewear, suits, swimwear, and more. If needed, the men’s category includes extended sizes.

eBay also sells clothing items for babies, children, and teens.

Top Brands

eBay sells clothing from a variety of name-brand stores, including the following:

• Anthropologie
  • Matilda Jane
  • Justice
  • Under Armour

Daily Deals

The Daily Deals section is a great place to be if you’re looking to save. By clicking on the “Fashion” tab, shoppers will be shown clothing items that are discounted.

eBay includes a “Spotlight Deal,” which is an item featured for its discounted price. There are “Trending Deals,” which show popular items that are currently on sale.

Just keep in mind that the Daily Deals inventory is consistently rotating — meaning items are frequently being switched out or replaced. It’s a great choice if you aren’t picky about the product and are ready to purchase right away. It’s not the best choice if you want some time to think about the purchase or are waiting for a paycheck to come in.

Money-Back Guarantee

eBay offers a Money-Back Guarantee that applies to virtually everything on the site. The guarantee is free and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases. However, you do need to follow the specific steps eBay gives to qualify for this guarantee.

eBay’s website states, “In order to be protected by eBay Money Back Guarantee, certain payment methods must be used and all eligibility requirements and deadlines must be met. Certain transactions and article types such as vehicles, real estate, business sales & domains, digital content, industrial equipment, or vouchers are not covered. For full terms and conditions, read our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.”

While certain conditions need to be met to qualify for the money-back guarantee, we appreciate eBay offering this extra bit of protection to its customers.

The Bad

• Return Policy
  • Item Quality

Return Policy

Returning a clothing item to eBay isn’t as simple as one would hope. Because the site works with thousands of different sellers, you might be able to return some things and not others. This means that you’ll need to be extra diligent about checking each seller’s return policy before making a purchase.

You’ll need to make a note of shipping deadlines, as well as whether an item can be returned for a refund, replacement, or exchange.

Item Quality

Several customer reviews left on BestCompany.com have mentioned that the quality of clothing items isn’t always what they expected — and most of the time, not in a good way. Reviews have noted that some items have had stains on them, feel cheaply made, didn’t look the same as what was shown online, or even that the seller  sent the wrong item.

However, others have stated that the clothing they received was in good condition, and they would purchase from eBay again.

Overall, buying clothes from eBay may be a bit of a gamble. We recommend always seeing who the item is being sold by and checking out their Seller Feedback Rating. The Seller Feedback is a great way to see if other shoppers have received their items, what kind of condition they were in, and whether the seller is trustworthy.

The Bottom Line

While few people think of shopping for their clothing on eBay, this online e-commerce juggernaut is a decent option. You'll find plenty of clothing items for sale from hundreds of different brands, and generally, you can get them at a discounted price.

The Daily Deals section is another excellent way to save some money, as long as you’re not too picky about the brand and are ready to buy right away.

However, shopping for clothes on eBay does have a few drawbacks. First, you’ll need to be diligent about checking the return policy for each item of clothing. Some sellers will accept returns; others won’t. Second, the clothing quality can be a bit of a mixed bag. Reviewers have mentioned that not all the clothing they received is up to par, and they were unhappy with the purchase. Other shoppers have had no problem with the items they’ve received.

4.0

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Ebay is an industry disruptor in a great way. They have channelled home shopping for greater selection, pricing, and service. They offer great buying safety in an internet full of pitfalls. Their site is easy to use, safe for money transactions and even have great buyer protections. Ebay is simply leading the pack!

J. Whelan Long Beach, MS

OMG who doesn't love eBay! If I'm looking for something unusual that I would look all over town for, I check eBay and there it is. Sometimes shipping can take a while but they are usually cheaper than Amazon for the exact same product. I use PayPal to pay for my items with a money back if not satisfied guaranteed. I rarely have to send things back, but when I do it's been very easy. Although you will have to pay for return shipping. Life long buyer and sometimes seller on eBay.

Whitney Stanko Smithfield, UT

I ordered a dirt biking set including pants, shirt, clothes, and boots. For my brother and I was worried about sizing not going to fit him right but I chose the size he said and the size that was described the best on the site and when my Order came it was perfect! The customer service and contact I talked to was super helpful. The December was super fast It didn’t take long for it to be shipped to me!

take7 Sandy, UT

When I want some clothing that's more expensive I will search ebay just to compare and see if I can find something worth the risk for the price and quality. It takes a while to shop around on Ebay for clothing but I have never had a problem with a purchase. The quality and descriptions are correct and not fake.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Ebay is my number one destination for clothing online. Tons of sellers make the price competitive of any one item. Plus the transactions are safe and easy to do with Ebay. I love Ebay's online platform. It makes for easy clothes shopping.

Tom Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

We have purchased a number of things over the years from Ebay. They offer just about everything someone might need at very good prices. We like the fact that both new and used items can be found so pricing can be compared. The billing process is safe and delivery is as advertised. A great site that has saved us a lot of money!

ave Pleasant Grove, UT

I like to use Ebay to purchase really unique clothing for a fraction of the cost. They also have a great guarantee on the product that you buy. So if it isn't exactly like it was described on the website, they give you back your money. Love that they do that!!!

Jaime American Fork, UT

I love the variety of items I can find on Ebay, especially hard-to-find items. I've been able to find things I was looking for on eBay when I couldn't find them anywhere else. I also appreciate their rating system so I can see if I'm buying from a reputable seller.

Sierra Beck Herriman, UT

I recently bought a swimsuit off of eBay for one of my vacations this summer. I searched around and found the listing for the most affordable price for that particular item. I had to be careful and look at the size charts because some of the sizes are very different from the normal US sizes.

Julie Kincaid Soldotna, AK

It feels like Ebay has really changed over the years. 15 years ago, it was mostly people selling their stuff, and that slowly changed to now where it feels like it is mostly people doing it as a business. What this means is that you used to be able to find some great deals, but now that is harder to accomplish. I will say that I love Ebay for the fact that you can buy items that are no longer sold in stores, like your favorite moisturizer, or an out of production duvet cover from Pottery Barn. For that reason I will continue to use them.

Chase H Provo, UT

I LOVE EBAY. If you are patient and know how to find a deal, you can score! We got a Patagonia Better Sweater for my wife for much cheaper than other major retailers, and brand new. Make sure to find a seller that has sold to many people, has high reviews, and offers returns.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

I've bought a few pairs of boots and dresses from eBay and they've been almost perfect. The items I've bought have been fairly cheap in price but good in material. The only hard thing about shopping from Ebay is truly knowing the sizes.

Benjamin LeBlanc Dallas, TX

Do you mount of content that can be purchased on eBay is truly stunning even the stuff you really can’t find on Amazon that isn’t commercially added to be found it’s honestly crazy

RodrigoRamirez Austin, TX

I've been using Ebay for years. The only time I had an issue, a seller sent me the wrong item and they were nice enough to send me the right item the next day free of charge. Ebay's service has always been on point!

Kathryn Robinson Riverton, UT

You can find about any clothing item you want on Ebay, but the sellers are varied and as such so is the quality. Many sellers are based in China, so make sure to check the shipping time frame and sizing chart when purchasing.

Tony Riverton, UT

Probably the ideal place to find used items, though there is plenty of new listed as well. I've found that if you're patient, you can usually get the best deal on an item by shopping on eBay.

Breanne Stanko Logan, UT

I helped my sisters buy dirt biking clothing for my brother. They were perfect! The sizing fit great, and the seller was super easy to work with and figure out. New clothing tags on everything and for such a great price!!

Rylie Crandall Draper, UT

I have used eBay to find clothing items that are no longer for sale at other retailers, and I’m always happy to find what I’m looking for. The prices are set by the sellers so sometimes they are unreasonable, but it is a fun and useful site nonetheless

Kathie Bowman Lakeside, CA

I love using Ebay. They have a wide variety of clothes and can find what you need. You can find virtually anything and everything on there. You can buy from companies or individuals

Kip Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I have ordered clothes off of eBay and they have been just what the description stated. I also like the warranty with eBay because if something doesn't come the way that it states, I am covered and will receive a full refund.

cb Thibodaux, LA

Great clothing but pretty difficult to find nice things as everything is pretty much randomized but ships quickly if you're able to find something you like!

janice pan ,

Can find lots of products here, I cannot find elsewhere. The buy now prices are reasonable if you don't want to go through the whole bid thing. Shipping times are great too and products are great!

Lacey Horne Eagle Mountain, UT

I like the value you can find on eBay. I normally shop her for my kids Halloween costumes and have been impressed with what I can find. Do wish there were more options but that can’t be controlled by the company.

Cole Colombo Managua, MN

I purchase items from EBay frequently and like that they offer $5 discounts quite often. Also, there are always competitive prices and insurance for both seekers and buyers.

Michelle Schow Saratoga Springs, UT

eBay has a lot of options for clothing sales. Just make sure to check the shipping times and dates. It seems like many products are now shipped from China, so shipping can take weeks.

Erika Shumway Managua, MN

eBay offers some very good deals. I bought some converse from eBay for a lot cheaper than the normal price. They don’t have the greatest customer service but they do offer lots of clothing options for a low cost.

Sara Lageman Lageman

Before Amazon, Ebay was where we went for everything. Now we compare prices between the two and find out which one is cheaper for what we are looking for. All in all it still is a great site.

Jon Posey Riverton, UT

Ebay is still one of the best online marketplaces. If you can't find something, chances are you can on ebay. You may not like the price but for rare, discontinued, or random items, ebay will have it.

Rischelle Mikkelson American Fork, UT

Anytime I need something especially difficult to find in stores, I turn to eBay. They have everything. Because product are listed by different vendors, I can usually find what I need within my budget.

Derek Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

I bought a pair of golf shoes from Ebay. They were new shoes, but didn't have the shoe box. The same shoes were much more expensive on other sites. The shipping was fast and the shoes were exactly as described.

Mazi Marcel Womack Cedar City, UT

It always seems odd to order clothes from Ebay but every time I have done it I have not regretted it. The clothes were always good and so was the website.

Braden Stanko Smithfield, UT

My sister bought my dirt biking gear on here. And it is amazing quality and brand. Everything fits perfectly and is very durable! Great site to buy off of.

Lilly Logan, UT

eBay has gotten more unreliable over the last few years. I was trying to find some toys for my daughter for Christmas and I found them but the website was always taking me back to another page and I tried to contact the seller and it said they had been sold 5 months ago. So why would they still be online?

BLF Pleasant Grove, UT

I've ordered clothing off of Ebay and it came just as it was promised. I like the warranty from the company that if something isn't what it is advertised, I can get my money back.

Katie Kearney Vienna, VA

You have to be careful ordering clothes on Ebay sometimes. Make sure the seller has great ratings! I have had a couple questionable orders that were delivered and the clothing was of cheap quality. I have also had a great experience were I received very high quality clothing! Just be sure to know where your order is coming from!

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I have not been disappointed with Ebay. When I have purchased a product I have always received it. They have a great guarantee on most of their service which is a peace of mind when buying online.

MattB American Fork, UT

I used to buy a lot on EBay. However I recently had a couple experiences where I got great prices on shoes but they weren’t genuine. They were knock offs and cheap quality. I have a difficult time trusting what I’m buying online from them at this point.

Myken American Fork, UT

I have bought a lot of clothes and shoes on EBay. I’ve had some wonderful experiences finding things at great prices. However the thing I don’t like is a lot of what I buy I’m unable to return if I need to.

Deborah integlia Bedford, NH

I am constantly being complimented on how I look. Most all my clothing comes from eBay. I get to have designer clothes so inexpensively.

keiontai henry Tallahassee, FL

I buy everything on here, from jewelry to school supplies. Shipping is generally fast and there is great buyer-consumer communication.

AmyConder22 Eagle Mountain, UT

eBay is a great place to order things that you can’t find anywhere else. There is a lot of people selling nostalgic items

Nikki Zimmerman Eagle Mountain, UT

eBay is always somewhere I can go and find anything I’m looking for. I can always find great deals for me and my family!

Juliann Mecham Managua, MN

My experience with eBay is not the best for clothing. I found inaccurate descriptions and they over sell and make the items seem better in photos and in description than the reality of the item of clothing. I would not recommend.

Nicole Sohm Kissimmee, FL

I shop with eBay often. They have excellent customer service and usually respond with in 24 hours if I have a problem with anything.

Amanda Montebello, CA

I recently purchased a Cotopaxi bag off of EBay and was given an additional $5 off. This was helpful in choosing which site to purchase from.

Amanda Warrendale, PA

I've never had a problem ordering from ebay! I know they have my back if the seller sends me anything not up to par or with stains/rips!

Brenda Mertes Houston, TX

Both times that I purchased something from Ebay, I never received the item. Individual sellers on this site make it shady. This isn't technically Ebay's fault and since the site is still alive, I imagine someone somewhere received their cheap, unique items. I simply don't recommend this due to personal experiences.

Joy Hill Pleasant Grove, UT

Ebay is really easy to use and the website is organized. It is super easy to sell things on there as well. Customer service is great!

Chloe Adams Morgan, UT

eBay needs a good system cleaning. What used to be a great website it’s now very disorganized. Customer service is somewhat helpful but I’d appreciate an update.

Alyssa skinner Gilbert, AZ

I’ve bought a few items off of Ebay and haven’t loved all of them. Usually what I have gotten is different then the picture and it is sometimes hard to get in contact with the salesperson. I haven’t had the best experiences so I wouldn’t recommend.