Charlotte Russe Logo

Charlotte Russe

Is This Your Business?

6.2

LAST UPDATED: April 1st, 2020
Charlotte Russe combines great value and affordable prices. Named after a French dessert, they have been in business for forty years. Opening their first store in Carlsbad, California in 1975, they have since gone on to create a very successful clothing business that focuses on trendy, affordable clothes, shoes, jewelry, and accessories for girls in their teens and early twenties. With over five hundred stores now across the United States, they have made it their mission to inspire girls to feel and be amazing every day. They do this by listening to their clientele and providing them with both unique and well-known brands. They are still headquartered in California with operational functions in both San Francisco and San Diego.

Nike Logo
#2 Nike chevron_right
Target Logo
#3 Target chevron_right

The Good

• Affordable pricing
  • Tons of promotions
  • Shipping discounts
  • Easy return policy
Although no business is perfect, Charlotte Russe comes very close. Customers will not find many things they do not like about the store and their shopping experience. They provide benefits for loyal, long-standing customers as well as new customers who are just trying on their first Charlotte Russe outfit. The pricing at Charlotte Russe is very affordable. With most items under forty dollars, this is a store that is appealing for most budget sizes. If the competitive prices aren't enough to entice customers to shop their styles, their website also features a sales tab that has many items marked down to discount prices. A ten and under category can be found on the site as well as several categories that include percentages off of merchandise. These percentages can be up to 40% in many instances. The low prices and sale options are exciting to customers and keep them browsing the site and stores for long periods of time. Promotions found on the website are overwhelming. First, access to the site pops up a homepage that is brightly colored and exploding with promotional discounts. These discounts include flat rate shipping, buy-one-get-one for multiple products, happy hour with marked down items for a limited amount of time each night, and the list goes on. They definitely make shopping on their website fun and worth of any customer's time. Not only are the prices and promotions amazing benefits to their customers (or as the company fondly calls them "Charlotte girls") they make shipping fairly easy for all online purchases. Charlotte Russe offers a fantastic deal of free shipping for all customers' orders that are over fifty dollars excluding sales tax. This deal is pretty common around the online fashion retail stores but Charlotte Russe doesn't stop at the free shipping promotion. In addition to free shipping on all orders over fifty dollars, Charlotte Russe provides their customers with flat rate shipping. This means all standard shipping packages are charged the same fee of five dollars no matter how many items are purchased or where the package is being sent in the contiguous forty-eight states. They, like many other companies, do not ship internationally and do charge Hawaii and Alaska additional shipping fees. The return policy at Charlotte Russe is a basic return policy that is popular among many other clothing stores. They allow customers to return items up to thirty days after the original purchase and the material must contain all original packaging including tags. Customers can also return any items purchased online at a physical location store at no charge. A full refund will be provided to the original method of payment as long as the material meets the returning standards. The only downside to the basic return policy at Charlotte Russe is that mail-in returns is at the customer's expense. They do not provide pre-paid postage and require all mail in returns to be in the original packaging with the original contents of the package.

The Bad

• Only women clothing
There are not many things to complain about with the Charlotte Russe shopping experience. They work hard to keep their customers happy and loyal by providing them with as many benefits to shopping with their store as possible. That being said, there are a few things that can be described as negative about the store.
  • Only women clothing
Charlotte Russe, although having a large number of merchandise available, only sells products for women. They do not have options for men, children or elderly. To women however, they sell a number of things. Their merchandise list includes, clothing, plus size clothing, active wear, shoes, jewelry, accessories, swimwear and a lot more. They do not limit their possibilities for young teenage or early twenties shoppers but do limit it beyond that clientele group.

The Bottom Line

Charlotte Russe is a company that most shoppers can't go wrong with. Their benefits strongly outweigh the negatives and they provide customers with exciting features to continue shopping their products. They have been in business for forty years and have come a long way since their humble beginnings. Shoppers will find affordable prices for a large variety of merchandise, flat rate shipping for all online orders, as well as free shipping on any orders over fifty dollars. Their return policy is normal and fair and is clearly outlined for any customer browsing the website. The online store is popping with promotions that can be found directly on the homepage as well as throughout the entire site and it can keep customers browsing for longer than intended. The negatives at Charlotte Russe include their limited merchandise to only women. These things aside, Charlotte Russe is a wonderful store that accomplishes their mission of providing teenage and early twenties girls with fashion that inspire them to feel and be amazing everyday.

3.4

Octavia Edwards North Richland Hills, TX

I love this place especially now that my favorite items are marked to $20 or less. I bought a romper andna pair of booties And thigh high boots for under $60. The girl that helps with the shoes is so nice. She had so many customers but she made sure to address all of us.

Natalia Correa MDTribe Miami, FL

I love the clothes Charlotte Russe has! They have awesome prices and their styles are always in style with the updated trends. Their customer service is always really great and helpful too!

Ramone Raiford Tallahassee, FL

I loved the company when it first came out but this recent switch has only made them better. It has more of a grown woman vibe in the style of clothing which allows it to stay constant with women as they get older. They are super affordable and cute!

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

SO SAD THEY CLOSED THEIR PHYSICAL STORE NEAR ME! I love Charlotte Russe! From their casual clothes to their more hip and going out clothes, I always left there with more than I should have. BUT they always have coupons and student discounts. WORTH IT.

Mia Hernandez Tempe, AZ

Charlotte Russe is my favorite store to shop at there always having great deals on there cute fashion forward styles I buy a majority of my clothing here due to there great prices cute styles/variety and the quality of the clothing is great considering what your paying

Lemaire8 Pine Castle, FL

Charlotte Russe used to be nice, but now with the new management, it has fallen to pieces. I spent over $100 and was not made aware of their new return policy. If you buy it online, you must return it via mail. Oh and if the item you purchased is less than $6.95, even if you're sending back $50 worth of product, they won't accept it. The customer service team really does take 2+ days to respond to one email, and they never answer your questions directly so there's always still confusion. Then you email them again and have to wait another 2+ days. I would never recommend shopping here anymore. Half the clothes I ordered were cute and fit well and the other half were terrible.

saa Arlington Heights, IL

I bought clothes not too long ago on line from the New Charlotte Russe. I was so happy when they reopened the stores since I would shop there frequently. It took a week and a half from the order date for them to ship out the clothes. When I finally got it, I saw that a few things weren't how they looked online and I went to the store near by to return. There I found out from the cashier that they have strict orders from corporate to not accept returns or exchanges at the store. I would have to mail the items back to them and pay a re-stocking fee. I looked over their return policy on their new website and there was no mention of this. (Keep in mind, the old corporate allowed returns in store). I was informed by the worker that they did this because they would loose a lot of money with returns...duhh... I was no longer able to return the items by mail since I found this all out after the 30days of ordering and they would no longer accept it. I wrote an email to corporate asking for help in the matter and I still have not heard back. Not worth the hassle of shopping here anymore. Clothes are cheap which was good, but so was the material.

Julia Floral Park, NY

I had a $55 store credit to Charlotte Russe before they closed. Now, upon announcing their store closings I would've used it, but then they very quickly announced they'd be reopening under the SAME NAME. However, now my store credit is apparently invalid despite it being the same store, and there isn't even a customer service number I can call. I used to love this store, and in return they have robbed a loyal customer. Reading these reviews, I'm not the only one they're robbing. Other people have paid for items that were never even delivered to them! Stay far, far away from these crooks. They should honestly be sued.

Linda Thousand Palms, CA

Beware !!!! This store is terrible ! I bought 2 items for my grandaughter in this cheesy store for Christmas. I went to the store in my town & bought the items. My grandaughter lives in another city so that I asked the clerk if she didn't like what I picked out could she get a refund at the store in her area & her answer was yes . I paid with a bank debit card & I made sure to keep the receipt & gave it to her after she opened her gift. She didn't care for the way the pants fit so she took them back for a refund . The clerk said she could only exchange for something else & that its store policy that they dont refund anything . There was nothing she liked & there was nothing left in sizes . She left the store with the pants I bought . I'm so ticked off I called & asked to speak to the manager that same night. The manager never came to the phone . This is the worst store I've ever shopped in ! Rude customer service like this is inexcusable. I have never had a return in any other store where they outright refuse to put it back on a debit card . I will never spend another penny is this low class store. Be careful what you buy because you are stuck with it !!! Better yet , don't even walk into their store or you will be sorry if you purchase anything from Charlotte Russe.

Nishita McLean, VA

They have cheap stuff, and stuff for cheap. If you take a few minutes out and see their racks... especially the long skirts, you'll find some treasures. Good value for the price.

Hollie P Franklin, MA

I purchased a chenille sweater from here. The care instructions said to machine wash on delicate, so that's what I did and the sweater practically fell apart. I contacted them and explained what happened and asked if I could return the sweater and they told me to use the return label that was shipped with it. Since I liked the sweater before I washed it, I threw the return label away. I asked them to email me another and they said that was not possible. So when i told them to forget it because i would just write a bad review and take the loss, instead of just giving me a refund, they sent me another horrible sweater! So I again followed the care instructions only this time I put it in a mesh laundry bag first, as I thought maybe that would hold it together better. It didn't. So in the end I got two horrible sweaters that fell apart in the wash that i ended up throwing away. Bottom line is terrible clothes and terrible customer service, hence the terrible review.

Leah Middletown, CT

Wish I had of read reviews first!!! Shipping is horrible. I ordered a pair of shoes on 3/13/18 and was given a delivery date of 3/19/18 once it shipped, just in time for my trip on Tuesday the 20th only to check the tracking again to find that now it will not be here until the 23rd! Which means I have to go out and spend more money on shoes. Crazy thing is, that I ordered from other places on the same day as I ordered from them and got my items in like two days! My first time ordering from CR and it will definitely be my last. You only get one chance to make a good impression and they’ve failed miserably.They’ve lost a customer.

Pat Smith

I was robbed by Charlotte Russe! Very bad customer service. This girl named Jackie was extremely rude and unprofessional. That's why she will always work where she works for $10 or less. No good company will tolerate how she talks to customers. Charlotte Russe charged me three separate $6.99 shipping for three items that I returned in the same return box. This makes no sense at all. I was told a manager was going to call 24-48 hrs, no one ever called. Charlotte Russe has the worst customer service. I will never shop from there ever again and I will make sure everybody that I know never shop there.

sarah Irving, TX

I've had a bad experience so far.Let's see if they actually fix what they say they're going to fix. I ordered three pairs of their $25 boots they have online right now for December. I place my order put in my $10 off promo code. and after putting in my credit card and authorizing a transaction for $71.33 and mind you taking a screenshot of the transaction. I receive an email ten minutes later thanking me for my order and my total was $96.33 they decided to charge me $50 for a pair of boots that are still online for $25 as we speak. they are now miraculously out of stock on all of them.So I called customer service the day of my transaction and talk to a nice young lady in the call service center and she informs me that once my order is shipped that she would be able to credit me back the amount that was charged to my credit card. She says she's making note of it and placed it in my file for when I call back tomorrow. So today I wake up and see that my order has shipped, I give them a call back to the same customer service center ,give them my order number and I'm told by the young lady on the phone and there's no information on my file and that the shoes are now out of stock so she can't prove that they were $25. I informed her they are still online right now for $25 and yes they do say that they're out of stock. She then gets quiet and says ok I can put it at he $25 . Like they werent already listed online in front of her face and says your total will be $81.33. I asked her about my promo code that I placed in for the $10 off which was the reason I was even purchasing the shoes to begin with, for the great deal that they had. She then tells me No she won't put in the promo code that I can either pay the $81.33 or I can pay $96.33 the amount that was illegally charged onto my credit card when they place the one pair of boots at $50. I then ask to speak to a supervisor, so she put me on hold and a few minutes later comes back and said there's no supervisor in our building....which is pretty hard to believe since I've worked in a call center before and there's always a supervisor there, especially during the Christmas season. She then tells me that she will email them and they will try and contact me later. I told her that I would need a call back from the supervisor . She let me know that they would only email me back and I informed her that my account needs to be changed to $81.33 and then a supervisor needs to explain to me why I'm penalized from the $10 off because their site decided to illegally charge me the $96.33 She said what they are doing is not illegal and that when you put in a promo code they can change the price because its a better deal , which absolutely makes no sense at all. She then informs me they will get back to me And it could take up to 2 weeks. My order will be here by then and my card will be charged for the $96.33. Epic Fail on your part Charlotte Russe!! People will not continue to order from you if this is how y'all do business. And you might want to have a supervisor in your call center when your call center people are talking to your customers this way!You really should try ....and then do better!

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Charlotte Russe has nice clothing most of the year. Sometimes the clothing is a little unwearable, but for the most part they'll have nice pants or tops. They also have good prices with deals almost year-round. However, the quality is a little questionable.

Emma Kleinze Logan, UT

I bought a pair of shoes from Charlotte Russe that have lasted me 5 years now. And I seriously love them still! They go with everything. They fit exactly like they said they would. Charlotte Russe is very affordable and very stylish.

take7 Sandy, UT

You can find some cute cheap dresses here for teen dances and parties. The selection is overwhelming where you end up not wanting to sort through everything. Better to know exactly what you're looking for. Price is cheap but maybe not worth it if you don't intend to keep it long. Accessories are nice because that can always be changed.

Zee Waldorf, MD

Refunding items is honestly a hassle. The customer service team takes 2 + data to respond to one email after responding you have to wait another 2+ days. Good quality clothes I would not recommend buying clothes online if you don’t know your size, the refund process it’s aggravating. They claimed to not receive my package after returning it with the prepaid label .. after getting my bank involved I received a refund statement. About $14 taken away from the original price due to shipping fees and restocking fees.

Nana Asiata Herriman, UT

The clothing there is so cute and affordable. The sales are amazing just like their staff. Great place to update your summer wardrobe.

Olivia Orlando, FL

Pricing and available styles are excellent for high school and college girls. However, I would expect more variety in their styles and more helpful costumer service.

Rushie Gregory Pleasant Grove, UT

Charlotte Russe had the best shoes and jewelry! Love their style and prices! I don't love the clothes themselves, but lots of people have loved it. Would recommend

Paige Baldwin Wellsville, UT

Charlotte Russe has definitely gone downhill throughout the years. Their website and store are both a little disorganized and it’s hard to find what you’re looking for. The quality of their products is definitely not high either. I don’t think you get your money’s worth.

christy young

Bridesmaid collection is not available in stores and is not supposed to be subject to return ship few however they charge it ti each and every customer everytime. I'm so frustrated with this company TO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. CUSTOMER SWRVIVE IS TEREIBLE AND THEY DO NOTHING TO CORRECT THEIR MISTAKES.

Sheryl Wilson Salt Lake City, UT

I love Charlotte Russe. They offer good quality clothing at an affordable price. They like to keep their customers happy.

Kari Staheli Lehi, UT

The have affordable, cute clothing but it is cheaply made and doesn't wear well. I have stopped shopping at this store. The return policy is pretty good, but salesclerk are always pushing other items.

Olivia Hakes American Fork, UT

Charlotte Russe is one of my favorite stores! It’s inexpensive and you can always find something you’ll fall in love with there!

SkylarPickens Gulfport, MS

charlotte russe is one of the best clothing stores in my opinion. every single time i walked into here i was felt so welcomed by the employees.

Alyssa skinner Gilbert, AZ

I bought some heels here for a school dance and loved them! But they ended up breaking soon after the dance. They didn’t cost much but I thought they would last longer then 2 wears

H Moore Lehi, UT

I used to shop at Charlotte Russe when we lived in California. Their clothing quality is great, and they keep up on the latest fashion trends.

Randi Nelson Managua, MN

I love shopping at Charlotte Russe. They have clothing in all sorts of styles, colors, and sizes which makes shopping so versatile.

Juliann Mecham Managua, MN

I like Charlotte Russe, it's not my absolute favorite. I feel like they have cheap stylish options, but they aren't very high quality of product.

Kaitlyn McBride Roy, UT

Usually a great experience, often products are worth what you pay and not the best quality but overall a good experience

Audrey Mitchell Managua, MN

Charlotte Russe always has a great selection for sizes, clothing, and different styles in their stores. I love their clothing a vibe in the store

Amanda Montebello, CA

When I used to shop at Charlotte Russe, I had good experiences and awaits found what I was looking for. Also the return policy was super helpful.

Erika Shumway Managua, MN

Charlotte Russe has a cute variety of clothing. They have a lot of good options. Their clothes are modern and in fashion.

Campbell Blair Phoenix, AZ

I love Charlotte Russe. I think they do a good job at having a cheaper clothes that look pretty fancy. I love their shoes.

Haley Baldwin

I’ve only shopped here a few times because I have not enjoyed it at all. Their product selection is low and the quality is horrible. I wouldn’t recommend.

Kaitlin Ashcroft Mesa, AZ

I have bought clothing from this store once and it was a complete waste of money. The quality of all the clothing and shoes is terrible. Would never recommend this store to anyone

Brenda Spanish Fork, UT

I used to shop here all the time but within the past couple of years their style has kind of turned raunchy. So I hardly ever shop there now and when I do go in I am not in there for very long.

Alexandra Chavez-Earls Chandler, AZ

Clothes were kinda cheap but they always had great shoes for the price and all the heels I’ve gotten from there have lasted a long time!

Tiffany Tempe, AZ

Love this store cheap prices but great clothes and shoes. Love that they have a plus size section now as well.

Kathie Bowman Lakeside, CA

I use shopped at Charlotte Russe every now and then. Every time a go in there they always have such cute things for the particular season

Mirna Hanna Tallahassee, FL

I love shopping there with my friends, their flats are really nice and decently priced as well.

Annie Chow Tallahassee, FL

I highly recommend this store for anybody who needs cute affordable heels in a short time period. They last forever and are inexpensive.

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

I really like cute comfortable tops, and Charlotte Russe covers that perfectly!

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

This is the place to go for cheap and trendy clothes that you can get at least 5 wears out of an article of clothing.

Mia Tallahassee, FL

Kind of similar to Windsor, this shop has the cheapest, but easiest to find cute clothes. Always easy when you go shopping for a party the day of.

Jami Lucas Eagle Mountain, UT

I searched several stores for some particular pants and finally found them online!

Jamie Neider Magna, UT

I have bought several pairs of shoes from them because their fashionable and very affordable. Surprisingly they have been comfortable and last well.

Asia Bui Gulfport, MS

Charlotte Russe has such nice and affordable clothes! Everything is nice quality and very trendy