ASOS

ASOS is a UK company that sells clothing online. They have customers throughout the world but have large followings primarily in the US, UK, Russia, and many other European countries.

Their website has 21.3 million customers per month, as well as 7.1 million customers from over 160 countries. We also found that in addition to the 850 brands that they carry online, they have carried around 50,000 branded and ASOS.com branded products.

ASOS used to have a feature on their Facebook page that let customers order without having to leave the Facebook site. However, that feature of the Facebook page now leads directly to the ASOS landing page.

Recently, ASOS has been a sponsor of a Formula One racing team, the McLaren Formula One team. Even though this was supposed to be a short-term partnership, the ASOS logo has been seen on the McLaren Formula One car throughout the 2014 season.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 9.4 4.2 Read Review
#2 9.3 3.2 Read Review
#3 8.7 6.1 Read Review
#5 7.1 1.5 Current

The Good

• Multiple Promotions on Site
  • Cost-effective Shipping Policies

ASOS provides their regular, loyal customers with a number of great benefits including:

Multiple Promotions on Site

If you are looking to save money on sticker price clothing items, the ASOS website provides a welcoming and money-saving shopping experience for you. Not only are there promotions run throughout the site, there are also membership opportunities to provide you with even more value. The ASOS Premier membership costs $29 for a three-month membership. This lets users get free standard UPS shipping, pre-sales notices, as well as their catalog, of which ten copies are issued per year. A helpful feature they include on their site to all customers is their Fashion Finder, which tracks clothing industry trends for you. This allows its customer base to stay on top of trends throughout the world as well as keeping them apprised of new releases. It is a simple and easy way for customers to go online and ultimately design their own outfit. With tons of fashionable products to choose from, it is a huge benefit for shoppers to have access to these discounts and promotions while maintaining products of high value.

Cost-effective Shipping Policies

Being an international clothing retailer, ASOS uses a large network of shipping couriers to deliver orders as quickly and cost effectively as possible. If you choose US Standard Shipping, it is free of charge to you as the buyer if the total costs are over $40. Otherwise, shipping costs $4. Items will be delivered typically within 6 business days if you are located inside the continental United States. There is a small caveat to this policy if your order is over $200, where a small customs clearance charge may apply. If you are need of your order faster, you can choose another option for an extra cost. Even these costs for a faster delivery are competitive with other retailers in the industry. The Help Center is also great, as well as their return policy. Customers outside of the United States, while not being able to exchange an item, can get a refund on a product if they return it in its original condition. Also, we found that the ASOS help center was a great resource for customers who were using the website for the first time.

The Bad

• Billing and Collection Issues
  • Delivery Issues

ASOS needs improvement in one particular area:
These problems had a wide range of type including advertising/sales issues, billing/collection issues, delivery issues, and problems with the product/service. Many customers have had problems with ASOS implementing their sound and desirable operations, primarily with their shipping, handling, and refund time frames. As these issues have occurred, it is fair to question their transparency with these and other policies listed online when shopping for clothes on their site. As has already been discussed, ASOS has a large international presence and a customer base that truly reaches around the world. These types of issues would be expected to a certain extent with a company who uses so many different shipping couriers in an attempt to save its customers as much as they can on time and money.

The Bottom Line

There are many pros and cons to a shopping experience with ASOS. Their policies are extremely competitive with other top clothing stores, however, their customer service effectiveness seems to be in question. There are potential reasons for this poor rating and implementation of their policies especially for customers in the United States, such as them being largely based in the UK. They do have a lot of great brands and products available to customers, however, if you don't like your product it is possible you are going to have a hard time returning it and getting your refund in a timely manner. Most customer complaints mention the slow turnaround time. This should be taken into account since some of these items are being shipped from overseas.

Overall, ASOS has an extremely large selection of quality clothing that is very well-priced due to in large part to helpful promotions. By and large, clients really like the fashionable products they have purchased. If you are purchasing your items from ASOS, you should make sure that the product is a fashion that you know you will like and are not planning on returning. Due to the many promotions, great shipping policy, and fashionable clothing options, we ultimately recommend them as an online clothing store.

127 ASOS Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

July 7th, 2017

I specially registered here for writting this. This shop is nightmare. 4 months and still no information from shop. Just this stupit words 4+ monts. "Just a quick update... Your order has left our warehouse and will be with you soon." How shop shipping their items without tracking and even they can not know where they are.

June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

ASOS is good if you are looking for formal dresses for a special event. I have gotten a few of my bridesmaids dresses from there and they were adorable. Price are a little high but worth it.

June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

ASOS is a good place to look if you are looking for formal wear. On many occasions I got great stuff from ASOS. Their prices are not the most affordable but the quality of the clothing is always outstanding.

June 10th, 2017

its been already more than 1 month since I placed this order and there have been no updates. customet service has not been much helpful, they keep delaying

June 9th, 2017 Portland, OR

The product is fine, the customer service and their communication is HORRIBLE. I will NEVER shop here again!!! My first experience was HORRIFIC and I tried to communicate with them via chat and email as they do not have a US phone number. Even after getting NOTHING resolved, I thought I'd give them a 2nd try. JUST AS HORRIBLE as the first time. Don't waste your time or money with this company. The shorts I ordered arrived missing 2 buttons and my attempts at rectifying this were futile. I ended up replacing the buttons myself, as I really liked the shorts, and was offered NO compensation

1 0

June 7th, 2017

Asos has a HUGE selection. I love being able to buy several unique dresses (shipped for free!) and trying them on at home. What doesn't work, gets sent back, again for free. They are a little pricey for the quality, and sizing can be a little erratic, but I always look there because of their selection.

June 5th, 2017

Customer service is suck. Pay for my order. Still have not received it after 6 months. They already took the money from my bank account. No number to call up. Tried to email them, chat with them through their website chat room.They asked my bank statement for prove, I sent it, they closed the chat, and did not come back with me at all.

June 4th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA

First product purchased at ASOS. Strappy Pinny Floral Midi Debutante Dress. Product arrived reeking of another customers body odor and had dark sweat stains and make up smudges in the underarm area. It is clear that this item was worn rough by a previous customer and returned to the warehouse and clearly not checked by the returns team there. Then sent out to me under the false promise of receiving a new or like new product. This is disgusting and incredibly unsanitary. ASOS online team reread me the regulations of their return policies. Up to a month to receive my refund. After over an hour online with their customer service rep, Matthew, I was no where near resolving a timely return of my refund. And while they offered me a 10% off code for my next purchase, I am not jumping to order another item from this website considering it is clear that you have no guarantee what condition it will arrive in, who might have worn it under what conditions and customer service can do nothing to help.

June 2nd, 2017

Tried to amend my order on the same day I placed it. I was tld they were unable to do this even though the order was not shipped until 5 days after. The only way of contacting them is through web chat or email, both services feel like talking to a robot. Really unhelpful and not good sevice.

May 29th, 2017 Mona, UT

I would highly, highly recommend ASOS. They offer incredibly fast delivery times and their return policy cannot be beat. The company includes a return shipping label in all of its packages, which makes it simple, quick, and free to return unwanted items.

May 29th, 2017

They have a wide variety of products and a pretty long time frame for returning things!

1 0

May 26th, 2017

I ordered a dress, and received a package — a belt, $5 value, a lot cheaper than the dress, with a label that said "dress" on it. Do not tell ASOS Customer Care if you get a different item, they will keep your money hostage "until they receive it back, it is their policy not to refund before then". Now I'm praying it doesn't get lost in the mail so I can get my money back. They DO advertise sold out items on their site, then keep your money for weeks until they decide you can receive it back.

May 26th, 2017

My daughter and I love ASOS! We order dresses from them about 6 times a year. We have never had a problem with shipment of items. Dresses are beautiful and mostly come looking like the picture. The quality of dresses is very good. I have never had a problem with returns or refunds either. Once I had a return that didn't get credited to my account but it was during the Christmas rush time and it just took a little longer for them to find and credit the dresses back to my credit card. Their customer service is great.

May 5th, 2017

DO NOT BUY FROM ASOS, after waitng for my order the time it was supposed to take, it was showing delivered on the carrier's link,however when i contacted ASOS, I was informed the package had been lost, and whenasked for a refund, they refused, and informed a new package will be sent and i would have to send it back to them and wait for a refund. doesn't make sens. I will never use ASOS again,they dont even have professional people online.

April 29th, 2017 Valley Stream, NY

Terrible costumer service. I contacted to costumer service to fix apartment number on next day. They emailed me that they already made the changes. After a few day my package was send back because of incorrect apartment number. I contacted again and they told me packege will deliver back to them and I'll get my refund in 10 days. I want to revive my package not refund. And while I was chatting with costumer service 4 different people answered me on Facebook chat. No other option was giving to me besides refund. No phone number that I can call and talk with somebody.

April 26th, 2017

It's a sad state of affairs when a crooked courier (DPD) are believed over a loyal customer and the company are unwilling to request signatures that could solve the issues. Absolutely appalling level of customer service and unable to actually speak to someone. Order at your peril.

April 24th, 2017

To make it short: JUST STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE Often there is no problems with asos, however if you have a problem with a order, like you didn't receive the item you ordered or you received a empty package then they say because of a bussiness desicion they just ban your account and say they can't help you anymore. Just a big scam site after all and they don't take responsibility for their mistakes if they think that they can't earn any money from you anymore. In that case they advise you to contact your bank or card holder to solve the issue for you, however if you paid by bank transfer or something like that you can't do such thing ofcourse. Then your only choise is to go to court because they will just send you standard messages every time you contact them or they just ignore you.

April 3rd, 2017

When I made this order, I got an email saying I would have received it TWO WEEKS AGO, AND I STILL DON'T HAVE IT, I have written a number of emails enquiring and complaining about this and they have NOT been helpful, they didn't even answer some of them. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, YOU DO NOT GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

March 28th, 2017

Frustrated having watched my wife navigate what has turned into a reficulous ordeal. Owning a business where customer service counts, and after now reading COUNTLESS reviews stating similar frustrated customer experiences, I don't understand how they are still in business. Hopefully these reviews catch your eye before spending your money with ASOS. Word to the wise, DON'T!!! They are BRUTAL!

March 24th, 2017

Today i found asos And was interested in trying the webshop because of a 20% shopping spree. After spending over an hour creating my wishlist i checken out At 11:45. I entered the code And it worked. But i forgot something So i went back Added it and tried again. At this time THE code stoped working. It was about 11:50. So i contacted customer support. After a 45 min chat they told me there is nothing that they could do because THE discount ended At 12:00. I told them i was checking out before that And also that At 00:18 they were still advertising with the messages. But still no service what So ever. I was willing To buy 8 products. But i left THE shop with nothing And over 2 Hours of my time wasted. I have screenshots of THE times advertised. Horrible service