ASOS

ASOS is a UK company that sells clothing online. They have customers throughout the world but have large followings primarily in the US, UK, Russia, and many other European countries.

Their website has 21.3 million customers per month, as well as 7.1 million customers from over 160 countries. We also found that in addition to the 850 brands that they carry online, they have carried around 50,000 branded and ASOS.com branded products.

ASOS used to have a feature on their Facebook page that let customers order without having to leave the Facebook site. However, that feature of the Facebook page now leads directly to the ASOS landing page.

Recently, ASOS has been a sponsor of a Formula One racing team, the McLaren Formula One team. Even though this was supposed to be a short-term partnership, the ASOS logo has been seen on the McLaren Formula One car throughout the 2014 season.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 9.2 4.2 Read Review
#2 8.9 6.1 Read Review
#3 8.8 3.2 Read Review
#9 6.3 1.4 Current

The Good

• Multiple Promotions on Site
  • Cost-effective Shipping Policies

ASOS provides their regular, loyal customers with a number of great benefits including:

Multiple Promotions on Site

If you are looking to save money on sticker price clothing items, the ASOS website provides a welcoming and money-saving shopping experience for you. Not only are there promotions run throughout the site, there are also membership opportunities to provide you with even more value. The ASOS Premier membership costs $29 for a three-month membership. This lets users get free standard UPS shipping, pre-sales notices, as well as their catalog, of which ten copies are issued per year. A helpful feature they include on their site to all customers is their Fashion Finder, which tracks clothing industry trends for you. This allows its customer base to stay on top of trends throughout the world as well as keeping them apprised of new releases. It is a simple and easy way for customers to go online and ultimately design their own outfit. With tons of fashionable products to choose from, it is a huge benefit for shoppers to have access to these discounts and promotions while maintaining products of high value.

Cost-effective Shipping Policies

Being an international clothing retailer, ASOS uses a large network of shipping couriers to deliver orders as quickly and cost effectively as possible. If you choose US Standard Shipping, it is free of charge to you as the buyer if the total costs are over $40. Otherwise, shipping costs $4. Items will be delivered typically within 6 business days if you are located inside the continental United States. There is a small caveat to this policy if your order is over $200, where a small customs clearance charge may apply. If you are need of your order faster, you can choose another option for an extra cost. Even these costs for a faster delivery are competitive with other retailers in the industry. The Help Center is also great, as well as their return policy. Customers outside of the United States, while not being able to exchange an item, can get a refund on a product if they return it in its original condition. Also, we found that the ASOS help center was a great resource for customers who were using the website for the first time.

The Bad

• Billing and Collection Issues
  • Delivery Issues

ASOS needs improvement in one particular area:
These problems had a wide range of type including advertising/sales issues, billing/collection issues, delivery issues, and problems with the product/service. Many customers have had problems with ASOS implementing their sound and desirable operations, primarily with their shipping, handling, and refund time frames. As these issues have occurred, it is fair to question their transparency with these and other policies listed online when shopping for clothes on their site. As has already been discussed, ASOS has a large international presence and a customer base that truly reaches around the world. These types of issues would be expected to a certain extent with a company who uses so many different shipping couriers in an attempt to save its customers as much as they can on time and money.

The Bottom Line

There are many pros and cons to a shopping experience with ASOS. Their policies are extremely competitive with other top clothing stores, however, their customer service effectiveness seems to be in question. There are potential reasons for this poor rating and implementation of their policies especially for customers in the United States, such as them being largely based in the UK. They do have a lot of great brands and products available to customers, however, if you don't like your product it is possible you are going to have a hard time returning it and getting your refund in a timely manner. Most customer complaints mention the slow turnaround time. This should be taken into account since some of these items are being shipped from overseas.

Overall, ASOS has an extremely large selection of quality clothing that is very well-priced due to in large part to helpful promotions. By and large, clients really like the fashionable products they have purchased. If you are purchasing your items from ASOS, you should make sure that the product is a fashion that you know you will like and are not planning on returning. Due to the many promotions, great shipping policy, and fashionable clothing options, we ultimately recommend them as an online clothing store.

133 ASOS Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

September 20th, 2017

I can't believe how rubbish Asos is these days, something has changed with them recently as I have shipped with them for a long time and always do the year delivery pass but I will not be doing that anymore. They have made a mess of numerous orders I have placed this year, one order I placed for a Nars concealer they sent me an empty box!!! They don't know what they are doing and when you email to get sorted they couldn't care less, my days of shopping with Asos are over which is a shame but they are not a good company anymore.

September 19th, 2017

Absolutely disgusted with the service I have received today from Asos. I placed an order last night and despite selecting the correct express shipping option the order came through with the slower shipping. I noticed straight away and tried to log back in to cancel the order and my account locked me out and I couldn't change it. I messaged Asos first thing this morning to have this adjusted as I desperately need this order for a ball on Friday and was literally told there was not a single thing they could do and the rude Live Chat person just kept repeating that my order will be received on the 27th, a week too late! When I asked to have a manager call me back the same rep said he was Bilal the Manager and repeated the same tired information. When I asked to speak over the phone I was told I couldn't and would have to wait 48 hours for a callback. A disgusting joke. There wasn't a single option given to me as a solution. When I suggested I buy another dress today and have it shipped I was told by Bilal as long as I ordered the dress today I would receive it by Friday. I have just placed another order now only to be told the order won't be here till MONDAY!! Bilal failed to mention the 12pm cut off time when he was live chatting at 9am this morning. So now ASOS has close to $800 of my money, won't cancel or refund a single thing, even though they have confirmed the orders haven't been shipped yet, and I have nothing to wear and no-one to speak to. Ive never been more disgusted with a company before!

September 4th, 2017

VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. JAMEEL ON CHAT WAS RUDE, INSULTING, SLOW, AND DIDN'T SOLVE MY PROBLEM. WORST STORE EVER!!!!! NO WONDER THEY DON'T HAVE A CALL CENTER!!!!

August 18th, 2017

I PLACED AN ORDER ON 11.08.2017 FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY AND TO THIS DAY I'VE YET TO RECEIVED THE ITEMS THAT I PURCHASED. I GOT A MESSAGE FROM THE DELIVERY COMPANY SAYING IT WILL BE DELIVERED ON 13.08.2018 BUT NO INFORMATION FROM ASOS AS TO WHY THERE IS A DELAY. A FEW HOURS LATER, AFTER I'VE SELECTED MY DELIVERY TIME SLOT THEY SENT OUT A STANDARD MESSAGE SAYING THERE IS A DELAY AND OFFERING COMPENSATION TO CUSTOMERS WHO PAID FOR THE DELIVERY EXCLUDING THE PREMIUM CUSTOMERS, SO I SENT AND EMAIL ABOUT THIS BUT NEVER GOT A RESPONSE. CONTACTED SOMEONE ON THEIR CHAT SERVICE ABOUT THIS ISSUE ON THE DAY OF THE DELIVERY AS THE DELIVERY TIME SLOT HAD PAST AND I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY ITEMS AND I WAS PROVIDED WITH THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL PERSON NAMED TAYYIBAH WHO WOULD NOT HELP ME AND INSTEAD QUOTED ME THE TERMS OF CONDITION AND THEN ABRUPTLY ENDED THE CHAT TELLING ME SHE CANT HELP ME ANYMORE. AS IT WAS A SUNDAY I COULD NOT SPEAK TO ANYONE OVER THE PHONE SO I DECIDED TO CALL ON THE MONDAY AND SPOKE TO HANNAH WHO WAS REALLY SWEET AND HELPFUL AND TRIED TO HELP ME WITH THE ISSUE. SHE TOLD ME A THE END OF OUR CALL THAT SHE WOULD SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL BUT I NEVER GOT THIS. I CHASED THIS UP THROUGH THE FACEBOOK MESSENGER SERVICE AND SPOKE WITH SEVERAL PEOPLE BUT NONE OF THEM HELPED. I JUST WAITED FOR THE DELIVERY TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY IN THE HOPES THAT IT WILL TURN UP BUT AGAIN NOTHING SO THURSDAY MORNING I DECIDED TO CALL DPD THE DELIVERY COMPANY, AND TO MY SURPRISE THE PACKAGE WAS MARKED LOST. THE GIRL I SPOKE WITH INFORMED ME THAT IT WAS SCANNED INTO THEIR SYSTEM BUT NO FURTHER INFORMATION HAS THEN BEEN PUT IN SINCE THEN. SO IN A VERY INFURIATED STATE I CALLED ASOS SPOKE TO A RUDE GUY NAMED ROSS WHO TOLD ME THERE SYSTEM IS DOWN SO HE CAN'T HELP AND I JUST HAVE TO CALL BACK LATER, AS YOU CAN IMAGINE THAT MADE ME EVEN MORE ANGRY. HE SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST OFFERED TO TAKE DOWN MY NUMBER AND CALLED ME BACK ONCE THEIR SYSTEM ISSUE WAS FIXED BUT INSTEAD HE HUNG UP ON ME. I CALLED BACK RIGHT AWAY AND SPOKE WITH A GIRL NAMED TAMALA, AND MIRACULOUSLY THERE SYSTEM WAS BACK UP AND SHE COULD NOW HELP. I EXPLAINED TO HER WHAT THE ISSUE AND SHE TRIED TO HELP AND PROMISED THAT I WOULD GET A REPLACEMENT FOR THE ITEMS THAT I ORDERED THAT IS NOW LOST AND ALSO GET A MANAGER TO CALL ME BACK. I SAID TO HER THAT I WANT THE MANAGER TO CALL ME BACK IN A FEW HOURS AND THAT SHE WOULD SEND ME A CONFIRMATION EMAIL AND AGAIN LIKE THE LAST TIME I NEVER GOT THE EMAIL AND THE CALL BACK FROM A MANAGER NEVER HAPPENED. TO ADD INSULT TO THE INJURY AN ITEM THAT I SENT BACK TO BE REPLACED FOR A DIFFERENT SIZE ON SATURDAY ARRIVED WHILE I WAS ON THE PHONE TO TAMALA, SO THIS JUST ADDED FUEL TO THE FLAME. I DECIDED TO CALLED BACK AFTER NOT HEARING FROM A MANAGER AND SPOKE TO MARY WHO WAS REALLY RUDE AND VERY CONDESCENDING AND REFUSES TO PUT ME THROUGH TO A MANAGER AND SAID THEY HAVE PROCESS AND THAT I'VE TOLD THIS ALREADY SO SHOULD JUST WAIT. I CALLED THE HEAD OFFICE TO SEE IF I CAN SPEAK TO SOMEONE IN CHARGE OF THE CS TEAM BUT AGAIN NO ONE CAN SPEAK TO ME AND WAS REDIRECTED BY THEIR RECEPTIONIST TO CALL THE CS TEAM. I CALLED THE CS TEAM YET ANOTHER TIME AND THIS TIME SPOKE WITH ROB WHO WAS VERYS SWEET AND TRIED TO HELP COME TO A RESOLUTION, I REALLY THOUGHT THAT IT WAS RESOLVED BUT STILL LEFT ME VERY DISAPPOINTED. TODAY, I GET MESSAGE FROM A GIRL NAMED TASHA THROUGH THEIR FACEBOOK MESSENGER NOT EVEN VIA EMAIL TO SAY THEY TRIED TO REPLACE THE ITEMS BUT ITS OUT OF STOCK SO THEY ARE JUST GOING TO REFUND ME THE MONEY BUT STILL SEND ME THE ITEM THAT IS OUT OF STOCK, I SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST BEEN GIVEN THE OPTION TO CHOOSE TO GET A DIFFERENT SIZE CONSIDERING IVE MENTIONED ON TWO OCCASIONS THAT I WIL BE WEARING IT FOR LONDON FASHION WEEK BUT NO THERE WAS NONE OF THAT. I CALLED TO SEE IF IT WAS POSSIBLE TO JUST GET A DIFFERENT SIZE BUT WAS TOLD NO THEY ARE PRETTY BLACK AND WHITE WITH REPLACEMENTS AND THAT THEY CANT DO ANYTHING FOR ME ANYMORE. I AM STILL VERY DISAPPOINTED AND DEFINITELY QUESTIONS WHETHER I SHOULD REMAIN A CUSTOMER.

August 3rd, 2017 Rensselaer, NY

I have ordered from Asos three times. I had great experiences with my first two orders. However, I ordered a dress recently. It came packaged in a clear bag, but clearly was worn previously. The dress did not have any tags, and had a strong body odor. I complained online since they do not handle customer complaints by phone. The resolution of my complaint was not satisfactory. Asos offered me a 10 percent promo code to use on my next purchase, and I was told a new replacement would be shipped using express shipping. I expressed my concerns on 8/1 and was notified today the dress would arrive 8/8. That is not express shipping, in my opinion. I would have been better off handling this situation on my own by simply returning the dress and using my two day shipping to order a new dress. I complained further, and to my surprise this seems to be the best they can do.

July 31st, 2017

I have been shopping with ASOS since I was a teenager around 16-17 and I have always had great service. But they have been up and coming and clearly become more reputable business so the customer service has significantly decreased to a point I am considering boycotting their website. I ordered from ASOS and both parcels were not delivered on time. One was delivered to a neighbour without my consent and the parcel was open and a £10 pair of sandals were taken. When I went back to complain to asos, this billion pound company, they claim it is a dispute between me and my neighbour. Its just disgusting to think that a company cannot use any discretion whatsoever, they'd rather have a customer ruin their reputation online than actually resolve disputes, its a shame.

July 7th, 2017

I specially registered here for writting this. This shop is nightmare. 4 months and still no information from shop. Just this stupit words 4+ monts. "Just a quick update... Your order has left our warehouse and will be with you soon." How shop shipping their items without tracking and even they can not know where they are.

June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

ASOS is good if you are looking for formal dresses for a special event. I have gotten a few of my bridesmaids dresses from there and they were adorable. Price are a little high but worth it.

June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

ASOS is a good place to look if you are looking for formal wear. On many occasions I got great stuff from ASOS. Their prices are not the most affordable but the quality of the clothing is always outstanding.

June 10th, 2017

its been already more than 1 month since I placed this order and there have been no updates. customet service has not been much helpful, they keep delaying

June 9th, 2017 Portland, OR

The product is fine, the customer service and their communication is HORRIBLE. I will NEVER shop here again!!! My first experience was HORRIFIC and I tried to communicate with them via chat and email as they do not have a US phone number. Even after getting NOTHING resolved, I thought I'd give them a 2nd try. JUST AS HORRIBLE as the first time. Don't waste your time or money with this company. The shorts I ordered arrived missing 2 buttons and my attempts at rectifying this were futile. I ended up replacing the buttons myself, as I really liked the shorts, and was offered NO compensation

1 0

June 7th, 2017

Asos has a HUGE selection. I love being able to buy several unique dresses (shipped for free!) and trying them on at home. What doesn't work, gets sent back, again for free. They are a little pricey for the quality, and sizing can be a little erratic, but I always look there because of their selection.

June 5th, 2017

Customer service is suck. Pay for my order. Still have not received it after 6 months. They already took the money from my bank account. No number to call up. Tried to email them, chat with them through their website chat room.They asked my bank statement for prove, I sent it, they closed the chat, and did not come back with me at all.

June 4th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA

First product purchased at ASOS. Strappy Pinny Floral Midi Debutante Dress. Product arrived reeking of another customers body odor and had dark sweat stains and make up smudges in the underarm area. It is clear that this item was worn rough by a previous customer and returned to the warehouse and clearly not checked by the returns team there. Then sent out to me under the false promise of receiving a new or like new product. This is disgusting and incredibly unsanitary. ASOS online team reread me the regulations of their return policies. Up to a month to receive my refund. After over an hour online with their customer service rep, Matthew, I was no where near resolving a timely return of my refund. And while they offered me a 10% off code for my next purchase, I am not jumping to order another item from this website considering it is clear that you have no guarantee what condition it will arrive in, who might have worn it under what conditions and customer service can do nothing to help.

June 2nd, 2017

Tried to amend my order on the same day I placed it. I was tld they were unable to do this even though the order was not shipped until 5 days after. The only way of contacting them is through web chat or email, both services feel like talking to a robot. Really unhelpful and not good sevice.

May 29th, 2017 Mona, UT

I would highly, highly recommend ASOS. They offer incredibly fast delivery times and their return policy cannot be beat. The company includes a return shipping label in all of its packages, which makes it simple, quick, and free to return unwanted items.

May 29th, 2017

They have a wide variety of products and a pretty long time frame for returning things!

1 0

May 26th, 2017

I ordered a dress, and received a package — a belt, $5 value, a lot cheaper than the dress, with a label that said "dress" on it. Do not tell ASOS Customer Care if you get a different item, they will keep your money hostage "until they receive it back, it is their policy not to refund before then". Now I'm praying it doesn't get lost in the mail so I can get my money back. They DO advertise sold out items on their site, then keep your money for weeks until they decide you can receive it back.

May 26th, 2017

My daughter and I love ASOS! We order dresses from them about 6 times a year. We have never had a problem with shipment of items. Dresses are beautiful and mostly come looking like the picture. The quality of dresses is very good. I have never had a problem with returns or refunds either. Once I had a return that didn't get credited to my account but it was during the Christmas rush time and it just took a little longer for them to find and credit the dresses back to my credit card. Their customer service is great.

May 5th, 2017

DO NOT BUY FROM ASOS, after waitng for my order the time it was supposed to take, it was showing delivered on the carrier's link,however when i contacted ASOS, I was informed the package had been lost, and whenasked for a refund, they refused, and informed a new package will be sent and i would have to send it back to them and wait for a refund. doesn't make sens. I will never use ASOS again,they dont even have professional people online.